Vienna is the centre of European classical music.
the river Danube
Vienna is a beautiful old city on th
e river Danube.
It's the capital city of Austria and the center of European classical music.
Vienna-----the centre of European classical music.
Some instruments (乐器)
piano drum violin guitar
钢琴 鼓 小提琴 吉他
Read quichly and match
Para.1 A.the Strauss family
B. Mozart C. Vienna
He wrote and played music for a classical dance--a waltz.
Johann Strauss-the elder
约翰· 小施特劳斯甚至比他的父 亲更成功和受欢迎。 Johann Strauss--the younger is even more successful and popular than his father. 他写了四百多首华尔兹，最著名 的是《蓝色多瑙河》。 He wrote more than 400 waltzes and the most famous Johann Strauss-- one is The Blue Danube. the younger
莫扎特与1756年出生于 奥地利。 Mozart was born in Austria in1756. 他十二岁的时候写了第 一部歌剧。 He wrote his first opera at the age of 12. 他在1791年去世，当时 他只有35岁。 He died in 1791when he was only 35.
It’s a ____________ beautiful old city on the river Danube. Vienna
capital city of Austria. It’s the__________
musicians came here. In the 18th a lot of ___________
1.What made Johann Strauss the elder famous all over Europe?
His dance music did.
2. Johann Strauss the younger was also successful, wasn’t he? 3.How many waltzes did he write?
Yes, he was.
He wrote over 150 waltzes. more than
Time In1756 What happened to Mozart？ He was_________. born
Before he was six
piano He played the _______and violin .
1791 In__________ He died.
Listen to the passage and fill in the blank. Vienna is the centre of ________ European________ classical _____. music
Read and check ( √ ) the true sentences.
1. Many musicians came to study and √ work in Vienna. 2. Strauss the younger played the piano, the violin and thedrums at the age of six. × √ 3. Mozart’s family took him around Europe. 4. The father, Johann Strauss, died in 1791.
5. Mozart wrote The Blue Danube.
Answer the questions.
1. Where is Vienna? Vienna is on the River Danube in the centre of Europe. 2. What music did Johann Strauss the elder write? Johanna Strauss the elder wrote and played music for traditional dances, called the waltz.
3. How many waltzes did Johann Strauss the younger write? He wrote over 150 waltzes. 4. When was Mozart born? He was born in Austria. 5. How old was Mozart when he died? He died in 1791 when he was only 35.
Complete the passage with the correct form of the words from the box. another, elder, European perfect, poor, popular
Both Strauss the _______ elder and Strauss the popular music. younger wrote some very ________ _________ Another successful composer from Vienna was Mozart, but he became very
poor and died at the age of 35. _______ many people think Mozart’s music is perfect All three were great _________. European musicians. __________
1. His dance music made him famous all over Europe. 他的舞曲使他享誉全欧洲。 make 的常见用法： (1) make sb. do sth. 使某人做某事 make sb. not do sth. 使某人不做某事 Parents always make their children learn many things. 父母总是使他们的孩子学习很多东西。
(2) make sb./sth. +adj. 使某人/物…… The bad news made him very sad. 这个坏消息使他很伤心。 all over 遍及 all over the world 全世界 all over the country 全国 all over China 全中国 We have friends all over the world. 我们的朋友遍天下。
2. …he played not only the piano, but also the violin. …他不但能弹钢琴，而且还会拉 小提琴。 not only…but also…是一个表并列关系的 连词，用来连接两个并列关系的句子成 分。 I can speak not only English, but also French. 我不但会讲英语，而且还会讲法语。
When you write, choose your tenses carefully. Think about whether you are writing about something that is still true now or happened in the past.
Use the notes to write a passage about the Chinese composer Xian Xinghai.
Xian Xinghai ◆ famous for the song The Yellow River ◆ wrote it in 1939 in only six days ◆ one of the great composers of classical and traditional music ◆ born in Macao, China, 1905
died young, 1945 ◆ called the “People’s Musician” ◆ used traditional Chinese music ◆ studied in Paris ◆ songs are still popular today
Xian Xinghai is one of the great composers of classical and traditional music. He was born in…
Xian Xinghai is one of the great composers of classical and traditional music. He was born in Macao, China in 1905 and studied in Paris. He was famous for his song The Yellow River. He used traditional music, and the music describes China to the rest of the world. Unfortunately, Xian Xinghai died young, in 1945. But he is called the “People’s Musician” and his music is loved by every one.
I. 根据课文内容填空。 Vienna is a beautiful old city on the capital city of river Danube. It’s the _______ centre of European Austria and the ______ classical music.
composers called There were two __________ father and a son Johann Strauss: a ______ ____. The father wrote and played music waltz His for a classical dance — _____. waltzes made him famous all over Europe _______.
Johann Strauss the younger, was popular successful and ________ even more __________ than his father. He wrote ________ 150 over waltzes and his most _______ one was famous The Blue Danube. He wrote it in 1867. Strauss and Mozart were two of the important most __________ composers.
II. 用所给动词的适当形式填空。 1. Tony ___________ doesn’t like (not like) pop music, does he? 2. I like pop. It’s lively and good to ________ dance (dance) to. 3. There were two composers called _____ (call) Johann Strauss. 4. Mozart _______ died (die) in 1791 when he was only 35. 5. He _____ was (be) a teacher in 1992.
III. 按要求转换下列句子。 1. At the age of 20, he joined the army. (改为同义句) _____ ___ ____ 20, he joined the army. When he was 2. Your father was born in 1948, __________? (完成反意疑问句) wasn’t he 3. Strauss was famous for his waltzes. (改为同义句) Strauss’ waltzes _____ made ____ him _______. famous
4. I can play the violin. Tom can play the violin, too. (改写为同义句） ____ ____ I ____ Not only but ____ also Tom can play the violin. 5. Many people went to Qingdao to enjoy the beautiful sea. (就划线部分提问） go to enjoy ______ did ___ many people____ Where the beautiful sea?
IV. 完成下面的反意疑问句。 you 1. You like rock music, don’t ________? 2. They sing well, _________? don’t they 3. He has written ten new songs this year, ________? hasn’t he 4. He wrote traditional music, ________? didn’t he 5. She was a musician, _________? wasn’t she can’t we 6. We can practise after school, ________? do you 7. You don’t like this song, ______? 8. They have never been to any concert, ________? have they 9. This music isn’t very popular, _____? is it 10. He has a lot of CDs, _________? doesn’t he
Write a passage about your favourite singer.