福建师大附中 2015－2016 学年第一学期期末模块测试 高一英语
（完卷时间：120 分钟；满分：150 分）
第Ⅰ卷 (共 84 分)
第一部分：听力（共 20 题；每小题 1 分, 满分 20 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分）
听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项。 听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话读一遍。 1. How does the man find the movie last night? A. It is moving. A. $7. A. She herself. A. Chocolate. A. Sports. B. It is interesting. B. $9. B. Her friend. B. Sweets. B. Business. C. It is not worth seeing. C. $16. C. The man. C. Ice-cream. C. News. 2. How much does the handkerchief cost? 3. Who made the woman's personal website? 4. What does the man want to have? 5. Which section would the man like to read? 第二节 (共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中 选出最佳选项。听完每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后， 各小题将给出 5 秒钟的做答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 8 题。 6. What did the man begin to work in Courtaulds? A. About 4 years ago. A. He is used to it. 8. Who is Rover? A. The man's workmate. B. The man's dog. C. The man's wife. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 9 至 11 题。 9. What is the man's attitude towards the woman's idea? A. He is satisfied with it. B. He thinks it is meaningful. C. He disagrees with it. B. About 40 years ago. B. He likes it. C. About 44 years ago. C. He gets bored with it. 7. What does the man say about his present life?
10. What does the man suggest the woman do? A. Look for a job in her country. B. Go to Africa to study more. C. Help people in Africa. 11. What is the probable relationship between the speakers? A. Teacher and student. B. Father and daughter.
C. Husband and wife. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 12 至 14 题。 12. How long will the man's birthday party probable last? A. For one hour. A. Classmates. 14. When will the party be held? A. At 5:30 p.m. on Saturday. B. At 6:00 p.m. on Saturday. C. At 6:30 p.m. on Saturday. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。 15. Why does the woman think the boy got a low grade in history? A. He has no interest in it. B. He didn't work hard. C. He missed important lessons. 16. What grade did the boy get in chemistry? A. A. A. Maths. B. B. B. English. C. C. C. Chinese. 17. In which subject has the boy made progress? 听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。 18. What does the speaker sometimes have for breakfast? A. A piece of toast. A. In the morning. A. She likes oranges. B. She loves meat. C. She never eats ice-cream. 第二部分：单项填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 21. If you miss this chance, it may be years __________ you get another one. A. after about every detail. A．not to hear about C．not to be hearing about now. A. is remaining A. with which B. remains B. against which C. has been remained C. to which D. is remained D. to that 24. I like the music _____ he danced yesterday, which was composed by a famous musician. B． not to have heard about D．to not hear about B. when C. before D. since 22. Mum pretended ________ what happened yesterday at school, but in fact, she has been told B. A sandwich. B. At noon. C. Tomatoes. C. In the evening. 19. When does the speaker have her main meal of the day? 20. What do we know about the speaker? B. For two hours. B. Workmates. C. For three hours. C. Neighbours. 13. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
23. The palace caught fire three times in the last century, and little of the original building _____
25. Sam _____ some knowledge of the computer just by watching others working on it. A. picked up A. continue B. looked up B. succeed C. brought up C. follow D. set up D. learn 26. His son will _________him as chairman of the commission after his retirement. 27. People Who Moved China, hosted by CCTV, honors the people _______ the valuable contributions should be remembered by every Chinese. A. whose B. of whom C. that D. of which 28. --- Have you heard that Tom was given a good beating by his father last night? --- He ________ it. He was making trouble everywhere all the time. A. made B. got C. deserved D. gained 29. ---Why are you still here? Everybody has gone to attend the lecture by the president. ---Oh, I ___________ about it! A. wasn’t informed C. haven’t informed great deal. A. in other words B. in brief C. even so D. as a result B. hadn’t been informed D. didn’t inform
30. So many floods have cut down on the production of peanuts; _______, the price has gone up a
第三部分：完形填空（共 20 题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） As a hospital volunteer, I call on each assigned AIDS patient at least once a day. I patients with a gentle hug and a kiss on the cheek. I can usually comfortable with this After my third cheek?” Mary smiled, “Yes, I’d love one.” down one cheek. “What’s wrong?” I asked. “ That’s the first time anyone has 38 in silence. A few days later, when I went to see Mary “Good evening, Mary. I see you have 40 39 , one of her sons and his wife were visiting. 41 . “Wait a minute, Mack. I want you 42 , her anxious family sat clear 44 distance. 46 itself like a , so I’ll stop back later,” I said, giving her a gentle hug 37 me this way since I was attacked by AIDS. The medical staff (工作人员) touch me, but…” she said between sobs (哭泣). I simply sat beside her， 35 I drew back, I noticed a tear working its 36 33 . 34 to Mary, I asked politely. “Would you like a hug and a kiss on your 32 31 most whether or not a patient is
and a kiss. Mary grabbed my right wrist as I turned to across the room 43 Mary ’s bed.
to meet my son, John, and daughter-in-law, Sarah.” During the
Later, when I looked in on her, her visitors were still keeping their The 45 familiar rerun on television. I went in, gave Mary a hug and a kiss, When I returned, 48 side of Mary ’s 49 — and they were holding hands. Obviously moved, John said, “I guess nothing to mother.” 31. A. greet B. see C. visit 50 47
evening, John and Sarah were back again, and the scene
to come back later.
had changed, John and Sarah were seated in chairs — one on each if a stranger can hug and kiss my D. help
32. A. expect 33. A. gesture 34. A. greeting 35. A. Because 36. A. face 37. A. visited 38. A. listening 39. A. late 40. A. interviews 41. A. speak 42. A. days 43. A. to 44. A. dangerous 45. A. following 46. A. expressed 47. A. getting 48. A. something 49. A. room 50. A. take care of
B. ask B. fashion B. apology B. Where B. eye B. pitied B. sobbing B. again B. roommates B. leave B. greetings B. beside B. near B. final B. discovered B. trying B. nothing B. bed B. be afraid of
C. sense C. hope C. visit C. Although C. nose C. touched C. waiting C. last C. affairs C. sit C. introductions C. on C. safe C. previous C. searched C. promising C. somebody C. son C. speak well of D. staring
D. doubt D. idea D. explanation D. As D. way D. eared D. first D. guests D. stay D. visits D. from D. different D. usual D. repeated D. managing D. nobody D. daughter-in-law D. be proud of
第四部分：阅读理解（共 12 小题，每小题 2 分 ，满分 24 分） A A mother is devastated, crying, yelling all she can in that dark corner. There was nobody to hear her yell and not a soul to calm her, because outside her house is a long winding lonely road. The wind was at rest and the leaves didn't rustle, silence filling the air. Loneliness was already killing her，but no one knows what made her cry. Losing something you love with all your heart isn't really the pain you can ever overcome. Radha lost her baby, her only means to live. She saw her child getting killed and the accident was terrible. One lonely night, she was walking down the street to get a breath of fresh air with her child hugged tight in her arms. The whole time she walked with her child in her arms. The only thing that worried her was Aryan's future. She was imagining and feeling every day of the child’s growth, and figuring what she would have in store for him. But who knows what's in store for us tomorrow? Life can change in a second. On that deserted road, were a few streetlights barely enough? It was this one light that could be seen from a distance, but as it came closer it got brighter and brighter. That light changed Radha's life into darkness forever. A speeding car came down that road. The driver came at a speed of 110 kmph throwing beer bottles out of his half open window. He was definitely drunk, and the speed took everything in its path. Just then, there was a loud cry, and silence set in again. But the mother wasn’t hurt. She opened her eyes, unable to focus her eyes, and didn’t see Aryan. After a few minutes when her sight cleared up she looked all over in a panic for her baby, but alas! ... The child hadn’t even seen life. Simply, don't drink and drive. You could take a life, but kill a number of people. 51. The word “devastated” in Paragraph 1 would probably mean____________ . A. worried B. scared C. heart-broken D. weather-beaten
52. Which of the following statements is TRUE of Radha? A. She had expected much of Aryan. B. She got her eyes injured in the accident. C. She was hit by one bottle on the arm. D. She had everything ready for Aryan's future. 53. The last sentence underlined implies that __________. A. drunk driving is absolutely forbidden B. drunk driving is certain to kill a lot of people C. the driver killed Aryan and his mother D. there is more than one victim (受害者) in a car accident 54. What would be the best title for the passage? A. The Death of a Miserable Child B. The Price for Another Man's Mistake C. A Sad Mother on a Windy Night D. Overspeeding from Drunk Driving B Hayao Miyazaki, the 72-year-old Japanese master of fantasy animation (奇幻动画), one of the most respected animation directors in the world, announced his retirement on September 6, after the recent release of his new film The Wind Rises. Miyazaki’s vision(视野) has remained unique throughout his many films over the past thirty years. The worlds he creates—the valley of the wind, the castle in the sky, and so many—are so special, so attractive. Here are some key words about his films. Good and evil (邪恶) Miyazaki rarely tells stories in simple good and evil. The worlds he creates tend to be complex (复杂的) and unclear. The bad figures often don’t seem so bad once you get to know them. Miyazaki has explained that the lack of clear good and evil is because he sees the 21st century as complex time, in which old ideas need to be re-examined, even in children’s films. Children The heroes in Miyazaki’s films are usually children or teens, more often young girls. Sometimes they can see the spirit world; they are curious and friendly, even to strange creatures. The stories often deal with growing up. Sky and water Two of Miyazaki’s great loves are the sky and water, and he uses them in related ways. Flight is a forever theme—Miyazaki has never done a film without flying of some kind. His imagination seems to fly and leave behind the pull of gravity (重力), a force and control that he feels a bound (束缚) from setting him free. Water is another way for Miyazaki to fight gravity. In his films he likes the unexpected floods with crystal-clear water, and objects floating on the surface seem to be supported by magic. Peace Miyazaki’s negative view of the war goes far more than surface deep. Violence is usually seen as wrong and painful, and Miyazaki’s heroes are often peacemakers. 55. What can we know about good and evil from Miyazaki’s films? A. The complex time tends to turn good into evil. B. He uses his films to show good finally defeats evil. C. The figures cannot be simply judged as good or evil. D. Children should learn to clearly tell good from evil. 56. Miyazaki’s love for flight may come from ______. A. the relation between sky and water B. his hate for gravity since his childhood
C. his desire to be free from gravity D. his love for water that can flood the world 57. In Miyazaki’s films we may NOT see ______. A. the attractive castle in the sky B. a world left in ruins in the end C. objects magically floating on the water D. children with the problems of growing up 58. The purpose of writing the article is to ______. A. show the writer’s sadness for Miyazaki’s retirement from the animation industry B. help readers to know about Miyazaki’s life and his great achievements C. praise Miyazaki’s contribution to the development of the film industry D. introduce Miyazaki’s retirement and the features (特点) of his animation films C Everyone has good days and bad days. Sometimes, you feel as if you?re on top of the world. But occasionally you feel horrible, and you lose things and you cannot focus on your schoolwork. For more than 20 years, scientists have suggested that high self-esteem (自尊) is the key to success. Now, new research shows that focusing just on building self-esteem may not be helpful. In some cases, having high self-esteem can bring bad results if it makes you less likeable or more upset when you fail at something. “Forget about self-esteem,” says Jennifer Crocker, a psychologist (心理学家) at the University of Michigan, US. “It?s not the important thing.” Feeling good Crocker?s advice may sound a bit strange because it is good to feel good about yourself. Studies show that people with high self-esteem are less likely to be depressed, anxious, shy, or lonely than those with low self-esteem. But, after reviewing about 18,000 studies on self-esteem, Roy Baumeister, a psychologist at Florida State University, has found that building up your self-esteem will not necessarily make you a better person. He believes that violent and wicked (邪恶的) people often have the highest self-esteem of all. He also said: “There?s no evidence that kids with high self-esteem do better in school.” Problems All types of people have problems. People with high self-esteem can have big egos (自我) that can make them less likeable to their peers(同龄人), said Kathleen Vohs, a psychology professor at Columbia University. People with high self-esteem tend to think more of themselves, Vohs says. People with low self-esteem are more likely to rely on their friends when they need help. What to do Researchers say it is best to listen to and support other people. Find positive ways to contribute to society. If you fail at something, try to learn from the experience. “The best therapy (药方) is to recognize your faults,” Vohs says. “It?s OK to say, ?I?m not so good at that,? and then move on.” 59. The new research comes to the conclusion that high self-esteem ________. A. is not important at all B. may not be the key to success C. has taken on a different meaning D. does not help you do better at school 60. One of the conclusions of the new research is that ________. A. people with high esteem tend to be proud B. people with high esteem usually do not seek other’s help C. feeling good about oneself doesn’t mean you lead a happier life D. people with low esteem are often more popular
61. The underlined part “a better person” in the passage probably means a person who is ______. A. helpful and supportive B. gentle and modest C. likable and successful D. friendly and kind 62. From the text, we can infer the best therapy mentioned in the last paragraph is mainly for people ________. A. of all kinds B. with low self-esteem C. with high self-esteem D. who are focusing on building self-esteem
第 II 卷 （共 66 分） (请将你的答案填写在答题卷上)
第五部分：英语知识应用（共 41 分 ） I．根据所给首字母, 写出正确的单词来完成句子。 (共 8 题；每小题 1 分，满分 8 分) 注意：给出首字母的词，需将首字母一起填写到答题卷上 1. Up to then, he was the only one who s___________ the landslide in Shenzhen and was immediately sent to the nearest hospital for treatment. 2. Jack’s jokes often make people burst into laughter. I’ve never see another person as h___________ as he is. 3. During the process of e_________ outer space, human beings have overcome countless difficulties. 4. Lucy bought a dress for her mother in Alibaba Double-11 Sales; it was a real b___________ and saved her a lot of money. 5. Children are not allowed to watch the film d___________ for adults. 6. Yesterday Miss White sent her friend an e-mail with several of her photos a____________ to it. 7. Before p___________ an operation on a patient, Dr. Lee always does a series of careful preparations. 8. It was a real r___________ for the mother to know that her lost child was found by the police. II. 根据句意从方框中选出合适的短语, 用其适当的形式完成句子。(共 8 小题； 每小题 1 分, 满 分 8 分) think highly of, rely on, in charge of , speech for the manager. 2. Ever since her parents ___________________, Jane has become extremely depressed and upset. 3. I don’t think Jack is a man to ________________ when we are in trouble, for he cares nobody but himself. 4. A young man entered the office, wanting to see the manager _________________ sales department. 5. Lang Ya Bang was a big TV hit last year, which was ____________________ by both audience and critics. 6. The sofa can _________________ a temporary bed when we need to put up a guest for the night at home. 7. A healthy life is frequently thought to __________________ the homegrown food. associate … with, break up, sort out, come off , serve as,
1. In addition to _________________ the e-mails, the secretary was also asked to finish writing a
8. They had wanted to give her a surprise on her birthday but the plan didn’t _____________. III. 根据课文内容填空。 （共 20 个空,每空 0.5 分，满分 10 分） 1. Only 1) ___________ who have reached the 2) ___________ standard for their event will be 3) ___________ as competitors. 2. It’s a great 4) ___________ but also a great honour to be chosen. There’s as much 5)___________ among countries to host the Olympics 6) __________ to win Olympic medals. 3. Over time my memory has developed so much 7) __________, like an elephant, I never forget anything I have been told! ...... But I was always so lonely 8) __________ there by myself, until in the early 1960s they gave me a family connected by a 9) __________. 4. Farmers hunted elephants without 10) __________. They said we 11) __________ their farms, and money from tourists only went to the large tour companies. So the government only allowed tourists to hunt only a 12) __________ number of animals if they paid the farmers. 5. “I’m 13) __________ myself from mosquitoes, it replied. “When I find a millipede 14) __________, I rub it over my body. It 15) __________ a powerful drug, which 16) __________ mosquitoes.” 6. Have you ever wanted to be part of a band as a famous singer or 17) __________? Have you ever 18) ___________of playing in front of thousands of people at a concert, 19) ___________which everyone is clapping and 20) __________ your music? IV．语法填空 （共 10 空， 每空 1 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下列材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内单词的适当形式。 Restaurants in Europe, the United States and Japan are testing technology to let diners order their food (1) _________ (direct) from a screen at their table instead of depending (2) _________ a waiter to note their choice. The “e-menu” can attract younger customers and make diners want to order (3) ________ . In Israel, a company has already used (4)_________ e-menu technology in its sushi bars (寿司 店), pubs and family restaurants. The system is based on touch screens already used in self-service canteens (自助餐厅) or for (5)_________ (sell) tickets in airports and cinemas. “It’s about impulse-buying (冲动消费),” said Adi, the company’s chief manager. “(6)_________ a person starts looking at pictures of chocolate cake, the chances are he’ll order (7)__________.” The company has also supplied its systems to restaurants in France, South Africa and Belgium. Frame, a fashionable sushi restaurant (8) _________ has used the system, said sales on table with the e-menu (9)_________ (increase) by about 11 percent. “Customers often call ahead to reserve places (10)_________ (equip) with the screens.” manager Edry told reporters. “It’s more visual (视觉的),” said a customer. “We can still choose, and we can still argue－but it’s much easier when you can all see it.” V 单句改错 （共 10 小题，每题 0.5 分，满分 5 分） 每句一处错误，错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改，每处错误及其修改均仅限一词。 ?增加: 在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧), 并在其下面写出该加的词。 ?删除: 把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉。
?修改: 在错的词下划一横线, 并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 1. Misunderstanding is likely to rise if people fail to communicate with each other. 2. The fact that the project couldn?t be carried out on time resulted in the lack of enough money. 3. It is the test system, rather than the teachers, that are to blame for the students? heavy burden nowadays. 4. With the final examination drawing near, many students are applying themselves to review their lessons. 5. My money is run out, so I must go to the bank to get some more before it?s all gone. 6. Ted came for the weekend wearing only some shorts and a T-shirt, this is a stupid thing to do in such weather. 7. People may have different opinions about Karen, but I admire her. Above all, she is a great writer. 8. According to a UN report, some 844 animals and plants disappeared in the last 500 years. 9. After the foreign guests got familiar to the Chinese traditional festivals, they liked to live in China. 10. He had worked in America for 3 years when he was young, so he can speak fluent English now. 第六部分：书面表达 （共 25 分） 音乐被公认为全人类共同的语言，是我们生活中必不可少的一部分。请你根据以下提示 信息，写一篇关于音乐的英语短文。 ●音乐的重要性； ●你所知道的音乐类型； ●你最喜欢哪一类音乐？说明你喜欢的理由。 注意：1. 词数 120 左右 2. 可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。 Music ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________
福建师大附中 2015—2016 学年第一学期期末模块测试
高一 英语 答卷
第 II 卷 ( 66 分)
第五部分：英语知识应用（共 41 分） I. 根据所给首字母, 写出正确的单词来完成句子 (共 8 小题；每小题 1 分, 满分 8 分) 1.__________________________ 3. _________________________ 5._________________________ 7.__________________________ 2. _________________________ 4.__________________________ 6. _________________________ 8.__________________________
II. 根据句意从方框中选出合适的动词或短语, 用其适当的形式完成句子 (共 8 小题； 每小题 1 分, 满分 8 分) 1.__________________________ 3. _________________________ 5._________________________ 7.__________________________ 2. _________________________ 4.__________________________ 6. _________________________ 8.__________________________
III. 根据课文内容填空（每小题 0.5 分, 满分 10 分） 1._________________ 2. _________________3. _________________ 4. ________________ 5._________________ 6. ________________ 7. ________________ 8. _______________ 9._________________ 10. _______________ 11. ________________12. _______________ 13.________________ 14. _______________ 15. ________________ 16. _______________ 17.________________ 18. _______________ 19. ________________ 20. _______________
IV. 语法填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分, 满分 10 分） 1._________________ 4. ___________ ____ 7. ________________ 10. ________________ V. 单句改错 （共 10 小题，每题 0.5 分，满分 5 分） 10. Misunderstanding is likely to rise if people fail to communicate with each other 11. The fact that the project couldn?t be carried out on time resulted in the lack of enough money. 12. It is the test system, rather than the teachers, that are to blame for the students? heavy burden nowadays. 13. With the final examination drawing near, many students are applying themselves to review their lessons. 14. My money is run out, so I must go to the bank to get some more before it?s all gone. 15. Ted came for the weekend wearing only some shorts and a T-shirt, this is a stupid thing to do in such weather. 16. People may have different opinions about Karen, but I admire her. Above all, she is a great writer. 17. According to a UN report, some 844 animals and plants disappeared in the last 500 years. 18. After the foreign guests got familiar to the Chinese traditional festivals, they liked to live in China. 19. He had worked in America for 3 years when he was young, so he can speak fluent English now. 2. _________________ 3. _________________ 6. _______ ________ 9. _________________
5.__________________ 8. __________________
第六部分：书面表达 （共 25 分）
_________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________
福建师大附中 2015－2016 学年第一学期期末考高一英语参考答案
第 I 卷（84%） I 听力（共 20 题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 1-5 CABCA 6-10 CABCA 11-15 BBABB 16-20 CAACB II 单选（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 21-25 CBBCA 26-30 BBCAD III. 完形（共 20 题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 31—35 ACACD 36—40 DCABD 41—45 BCDCA 46—50 DCABB IV. 阅读 （共 12 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 24 分） 51-54 CADB 55-58 CCBD 59-62 BADC 第 II 卷（66%） I. 单词 (共 8 题；每小题 1 分，满分 8 分) 1. survived 2. humorous/humourous 3.exploring 4. bargain 5. designed 6. attached 7.performing 8.relief II. 短语填空 (共 8 空；每空 1 分，满分 8 分) 1. sorting out 2. broke up 3.be relied on 4. in charge of 5. highly thought of 6. serve as 7.be associated with 8. come off III. 根据课文内容填空（共 20 个空格,每空格 0.5 分，满分 10 分） 1) athletes 2) agreed 3) admitted 4) responsibility 5) competition 6) as 7) that 8) standing 9) network 10) mercy 11) destroyed 12) certain 13) protecting 14) insect 15) contains 16) affects 17) musician 18)dreamed 19) at 20 ） appreciating IV. 语法填空 (共 10 空；每空 1 分，满分 10 分) 1. directly 2. on 3. more 4. the 5. selling 6. If 7. it 8. which/ that 9. had increased 10. equipped V 单句改错 (共 10 题；每小题 0.5 分，满分 5 分) 1. Misunderstanding is likely to arise if people fail to communicate with each other 2. The fact that the project couldn?t be carried out on time resulted from the lack of enough money. 3. It is the test system, rather than the teachers, that is to blame for the students? heavy burden nowadays. 4. With the final examination drawing near, many students are applying themselves to reviewing their lessons. 5. My money is running out, so I must go to the bank to get some more before it?s all gone. 6. Ted came for the weekend wearing only some shorts and a T-shirt, which is a stupid thing to do in such weather. 7. People may have different opinions about Karen, but I admire her. After all, she is a great writer. 8. According to a UN report, some 844 animals and plants have disappeared in the last 500 years. 9. After the foreign guests got familiar with the Chinese traditional festivals, they liked to live in China. 10. He worked in America for 3 years when he was young, so he can speak fluent English now. VI．书面表达（25 %） Music Music is a universal language to all human beings, which has the most powerful magic in the world. First, it can make us feel relaxed both mentally and physically, thus helping reduce our pressure at work and life. Second, music can cheer us up whenever we meet difficulties
and feel sad. In addition, music can be of great help to learn another culture. There are different varieties of music, such as popular music, classical music, country music, jazz music, rap music, rock music and so on. Of all the music, I like popular music best. For one thing, with beautiful melody, it is pleasant to hear; for another, most popular music deals with the topics of love and friendship, which appeal to us young people. 听力原文： (Text 1) W: How is movie last night? Is it interesting? M: No. It’s terrible. I’m really disappointed about it. I doubt it ’s worth the price of the ticket. (Text 2) W: Can I help you? M: I’m looking for a sweater. Ah, I like this one. And this handkerchief too, please. W: All right. The sweater is 9 dollars, so the total is 16 dollars. （Text 3） M: Do you have your personal website? W: I do. But I am really bad at computers. So I asked one of my friends to make one for me. (Text 4) M: I’m in the mood for something sweet. W: You want to buy some chocolate? M: I’m bored of it. I want something special. I want ice-cream. (Text 5) M: Have you almost finished reading the paper, Liz? W: Yes. Here, you can take this. And the local news today is really amazing. M: I just want to know something about the last basketball game. W: Uh-oh, I threw that section away. (Text 6) W: How long have you been retired now, Grandpa? M: Let me see. It ’s four years. I suppose I’m used to it after all this time. But you know, I worked for Courtaulds for over forty years. W: Forty years? Really? Do you like being retired? Don’t you get bored? M: Well, I’ve got my health so I can do a lot. I’ve just taken up golf. It ’s a good excuse for a walk, and I need an excuse since Rover died. I miss good old Rover but I don’t think I want another dog at my age. I go to the golf club twice a week. I’ve made some good friends there. Here you met Ted and Marjorie？They ’re a lovely couple. (Text 7) W: I was thinking about doing some volunteer work. M: That’s a good idea. What would you like to do? W: Well, there’s the opportunity of teaching in a poor primary school in Africa for a couple of years. I think it would be really meaningful. M: But don’t you think that ’s a long time? Africa is a long way away and you should really be thinking of looking for a job soon here at home. W: But in my opinion, it’s important to do something meaningful to help people who have less than we do. M: I think it’s important too, but there are plenty of people here in your own country that you could
be using your education to help. Anyway, your mum and I won’t agree with that. (Text8) M: Hi, Lisa. I’m just wondering if you have any plans for the weekend. W: For the weekend? It ’s only Monday, Mike. M: Yeah, but I think it’s never too early to start planning. W: Well, since the final exams are coming, I’m afraid I have to study a lot in the next two weeks. M: Lisa, can’t you spare just two hours? Two hours won’t make much difference. W: What do you have in mind, Mike？ M: I’d like to invite you to my 18th birthday party on Saturday. Many of our classmates will be there. Would you like to come？ W: Hmm… 18th birthday party? I’d love to. When and where should we meet? M: The party is to be held in my dorm. And it’s at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday. W: OK. See you then. I’ll be there at 5:30 p.m. (Text 9) M: Miss Bill, I got an A in English and Chinese and a B and C in my other subjects. Here ’s my report card. W: Let me see. Why only a C in history? That’s a low grade. I thought you liked history. M: I do, but I didn’t do too well in this exam. I don’t know why. W: You didn’t study enough. M: oh, I studied very hard. But our teacher asked such strange questions. W: Excuses, excuses. But why a C in chemistry? M: Well, I missed two important lessons because of my sickness. I could only answer two-thirds of the questions. W: Oh, you should ask your teacher for help after the test. M: But I got a B in Maths. W: Excellent. You’re beginning to do well in Maths. (Text 10) W: Well, for breakfast sometimes I have a glass of orange juice and milk, and a piece of fruit, and a piece of toast, if I get hungry, with butter on it. Sometimes I’ll have fried eggs, with cheese on it. And that’s my basic breakfast. My Lunch is a sandwich with cheese, cabbages and tomatoes. Sometimes I have sandwiches with peanut and butter. Followed by a piece of fruit again, apples are really good. And then I have a cookie or something like that for dessert. Dinner times, that ’s when I have a big meal, I love hamburgers, or anything that has meat in it. And then I follow all that up with dessert at the end, an ice-cream is my favorite food, so that’s a nice dessert.