用短语完成句子： 1. He ____________ some people ____________ with him to Greenland. 2. Eric reached Greenland and discovered that people could live in the place____________ he landed. 3. Some look fo
r ways to reduce pollution, some keep a record of levels of pollution, other departments ____________ finding ____________ it comes from and punishing people____________ have broken the law by causing pollution. 4. In the worst areas they ____________ completely for a few months at a time ____________ the fish numbers can grow again. 5. They have a huge mouth and can eat fish____________ themselves. 6. You certainly won’t find ____________ fish. 7. Some fish can produce sounds almost ____________ your speaking voice! 8. The sooner, the better. 9. I was trying to recover when my elder brother put his mouth close to my ear, and ____________ the terrifying word “Whirlpool!” 10. ____________, the sky ____________ dark clouds and in less than a minute we were in a terrible storm. 11. About three years ago, ____________ happened to me. 12. I will____________ my story quickly____________. 13. A lot of hiking holidays____________, but the reality is often very different. 14. All our guides ____________ ____________ Himalayas. 15. ____________ the group guide, all teams have cooks and porters. 16. While on a hiking trip, our cooks prepare delicious meals and our porters carry your luggage, ____________ 17. I decided to ____________ means that you can simply enjoy the experience. bungee jumping and now I am really into it. I tried to back out, but leading hiking trips in the
18. When I turned up for my first jump I was ____________ my friends persuaded me to go through with it. 19. It’s difficult to get across ____________ it is!
20. A friend of mine has just taken up jogging ____________. 21. They were going to have a party last Saturday but ____________ minute. 22. When he was 17 years old, he traveled across Europe and Asia with his father, who wanted to ____________ the Chinese. at the last
23. Marco ____________ by how beautiful and powerful China was. 24. He ____________ by the Summer Palace which he described as the greatest
palace that ever was. 25. Marco was often asked the question, “Was it all true?”, ____________ replied, “I have only told a half of what I was!” 26. Although many people thought that Marco’s be stories true, about Marco China always he
his tales. food.
27. The men were soon exhausted and were ____________
28. For centuries, the Silk Road was the most important line of communication ____________. 29. The Silk Road was not just the route ____________ also important for the exchange of ideas. 30. People ____________ the benefits of cycling in Amsterdam for years. Amsterdam the “City of Bicycles” ____________ goods were carried. It was
31. Today people ____________
the convenience for bicycles there. 32. The bikes are parked at special parking places and people____________ want
to use them have to take them to another special parking place ____________ has enough room. 33. There is already ____________ tourists____________ in central Amsterdam, because both locals and
the white bike. solar cars?
34. How can you____________ ____________
35. ____________, about forty people travel in one bus, while the same number occupy thirty-three cars. 36. In the last ten years, the number of cars on the roads in Britain ____________. 37. Before you get into your car, ____________ you really need to ____________.
38. If you’ve really got to use a car, ____________ someone else. It is ____________ ____________ the environment. 39. I’ve got to____________ from school at four o’clock. the biggest cities ____________ the smallest
40. Roads now ____________ towns so____________ 41. ____________
to go anywhere at anytime.
the good ideas of lots of people, many people around the world
____________ city center. 42. Some types of cancer are ____________ traffic pollution.
43. Anger and stress are nothing ____________ the real costs of the motor car. 44. Do whichever of these things that ____________ you. Don’t just sit around and complain! 45. I admit: I’m____________ my car. in the
46. They believed that it would be better for everybody if cars ____________ city center and only bicycles were. 47. I’ve got to ____________ 48. ____________ my daughter from school at 4:00.
an American man called Henry Ford ____________ created the
motor car as we know it today. 49. Before 1908, when Ford’s cars became available to the public, ____________ s only the very rich____________ could afford to own a car. 50.Eric the Red ____________ to leave Iceland because he had committed a murder, ____________ he got into trouble.