民乐一中 2014-2015 学年第二学期高一年级 6 月月考 英语试题
第Ⅰ卷：选择题（共三节，满分 85 分）
第一节：单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 1.Christmas is ___special holiday when ____whole family are suppos
ed to get together. A. the, the B. a, a C. the, a D. a, the 2. --What do you want to do next? We have half an hour until the basketball game ---____. Whatever you want to do is fine with me. A. It just depends C. All right 3.---I wish that my parents ----But they are always busy. A. will come 4. B. would come C. had come D. came not to be late for the class, Lily set out for school in a hurry. A. Reminding B. Reminded C. To remind A. her 6. A. It; finished B. this C. that his homework. B. It; finish C. That; finish D. That; finished D. Having reminded easy for her to get a job. D. it B. It‘s up to you D. Glad to hear that to watch my basketball match tomorrow.
5. The fact that she graduated from Hong Kong University made _____ is suggested that he
7. It was not until the beginning of the meeting _____ he realized _____ I told him was the only possible way to deal with the problem. A. that; what C. when; what A. this B. that B. what; that D. when; that C. these D. those
8. The population of China is larger than ______ of the United States. 9. ----I _____to go for a walk. ---But I_____ going shopping. A. would like; feel like C. feel like; would like A. which B. what B. feel like; feel like D would like; would like C. that D. whether
第 1 页 共 10 页
10. Along with the letter was his promise _____he would visit me this coming Christmas.
高一第二学期 6 月月考英语试卷
11. He‘s got himself into a dangerous situation A. where A I had realized B. which B had I realized 12. Only then ______the importance of my health.
he is likely to be accused of meeting someone. C. while C I realized D. why D did I realize
13. ----Have you heard the news that he was admitted into Beijing University? ----Yes, that‘s ____he worked so hard all the time, so his efforts paid off. A why A. pick up A. approaches B because B. pick out B. means C how C. pick over C. methods D what D. pick off D. ways 14. This picture was taken a long time ago. I wonder if you can ____ my father. 15. At the meeting they discussed three different ____ to the study of mathematics.
第二节：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） My kids and I were heading into the supermarket over the weekend. On the way ,we spotted a man holding a piece of paper that said, ― __16___ my job. Family to Feed.‖ At this store, a __17___ like this is not normal. My 10-year-old noticed him and make a __18____ on how bad it must be to have to stand ___19____ in the cold wind.
In the store, I asked each of my kids to __20___ something they thought our ―friend‖ there would ___21___. They got apples, a sandwich and a bottle of juice. Then my 17-year-old suggested giving him a ___22____. I thought about it. We were ___23__ on cash ourselves, but… well, sometimes __24___ from our need instead of our abundance is ___25__ what we need to do! All the kids __26____ something they could do away with for the week. When we handed him the bag of __27__, he lit up and thanked us with ___28__ eyes. When I handed him the gift card, saying he could use it for __29____his family might need, he burst into tears. This has been a wonderful ___30__ for our family. For days the kids have been looking for others we can __31___! Things would have played out so __32____ if I had simply said, ―No, we really don‘t have ___33___ to give more.‖ Stepping out not only helped a brother in __34___, it also gave my kids the __35____ taste of helping others. It‘ll go a long way with them. 16. A. Lost 17. A condition 18. A. suggestion 19. A. outside 20. A. draw B. Changed B. place B. comment B. proudly B. say C. Quit C. sight C. decision C. by C. arrange D. Finished D. show D. call D. angrily D. pick
高一第二学期 6 月月考英语试卷
第 2 页 共 10 页
21. A. order 22. A. dollar 23. A. easy 24. A. giving 25. A. yet 26. A. declared 27. A . toys 28. A. sleepy 29. A. whoever 30. A. experience 31. A. rely on 32. A. suddenly 33. A. time 34. A. fear 35. A. strong
B. supply B. job B. low B. saving B. even B. shared B. medicine B. watery B. whatever B. example B. respect B. vividly B. power B. love B. sweet
C. appreciate C. hot meal C. soft C. spending C. still C. ignored C. food C. curious C. whichever C. message C. learn from C. differently C. patience C. need C. strange
D. discover D. gift card D. loose D. begging D. just D. expected D. clothes D. sharp D. whenever D. adventure D. help D. perfectly D. money D. memory D. simple
第三节：阅读理解（每小题 2 分，共 40 分） A If you wish to become a better reader, here are four important points to remember about rate, or speed, of reading: 1. Knowing why you are reading—what you are reading to find out—will often help you to know whether to read rapidly or slowly. 2. Some things should be read slowly throughout. Examples are directions for making or doing something, arithmetic problems, science and history books, which are full of important information. You must read such things slowly to remember each important step and understand each important idea. 3. Some things should be read rapidly throughout. Examples are simple stories meant for enjoyment, news, and letters from friends, items, or bits of news from local, or hometown, paper, telling what is happening to friends and neighbors. 4. In some of your readings, you must change your speed from fast to slow to fast, as you go along. You need to read certain pages rapidly and then slow down and do more careful readings when you come to important ideas which must be remembered. 36. According to the passage, your reading speed depends on ________. A. whether the reading material is easy or difficult B. what you are reading C. what your purpose in reading something is D. both B and C
高一第二学期 6 月月考英语试卷 第 3 页 共 10 页
37. If one wants to be relaxed by reading, one should take up ________. A. a story book B. a book on science and technology C. news, letters from friends D. some material full of information 38. Which of the following readings should you read slowly and carefully? A. Fairy tales. B. Aesop‘s Fables. C. Directions for use of a machine D. An evening paper. 39. Which of the following can best express the main idea of the passage? A. How to decide your reading speed. B. How to raise your reading speed. C. How to improve your reading skills. D. How to choose your reading materials. B There was once an old wise man living on the top of a mountain. Whenever the villagers had a problem, they would climb up the mountain and ask the old man for advice. One day a young man arrived. ―Wise man,‖ he asked, ―What makes a man truly great?‖ The old man said, ―Do you sincerely want to know?‖ ―Yes, yes!‖ the young man replied. ―Well,‖ the wise old man said to him, ―Let me tell you in the form of a story.‖ There was once a Greek man who suffered from a deadly disease. Knowing that he would die soon, he was the first to join the army when his country was in a battle with the enemy. Hoping to die in battle, he would fight in the front line, risking himself without any worry for his life. Finally they won the battle and he was still alive. His general (将军) was so impressed with his bravery which contributed much to the victory. The general decided to promote him and award him with medals of bravery and honor. On the day of presentation (授予仪式), he was looking very down and sad. Curiously, the general asked him why he was so sad on a day he should be so proud. The soldier told him of his deadly disease. ―How could I let such a brave soldier die?‖ the general thought. So the general hired the best physician and finally cured the soldier. But from that day on, the once valiant soldier was no longer seen at the front. He would always avoid danger and tried his best to protect his life. ―Young man,‖ the wise man said, ―if you want to be truly great, you must not be afraid of dying, you must be daring.‖ 40. The reason why the young man went to see the old man was that A. he enjoyed the scenery of the great mountain B. the old man was very good at telling stories C. there was a difficult problem troubling him
高一第二学期 6 月月考英语试卷 第 4 页 共 10 页
D. he was not sure who the greatest man was 41. The general decided to award the Greek man A. after he realized the man‘s serious illness B. because the man fought bravely in battle C. though he knew the man would die soon D. so that he could find the man a good doctor 42. The underlined word ―valiant‖ is closest in meaning to A. brave B. polite C. curious D. proud 43. What the old man really wanted the young man to do was A. trying to be kind to the people in trouble C. joining the army to fight for his country C Genetically modified (转基因 ) foods have become a focus point of agriculture throughout the news today. This has an effect on many different aspects of the agriculture world. From the seed dealer, to the farmer that buys the seed, to the workers that the farmer sells to; all are affected by the new technologies that are involved in this part of production agriculture. Genetically modified foods have come under heavy fire lately. There are some countries that are against buying these types of foods. They are tested for safety by the best scientific experts in Europe, the US and the rest of the world. They are not for sale until they have gone through this complete safety process. Since they are a new product, and any slight problem with them could affect a whole country, these tests are very necessary. These safety tests are carried out because of the new rules that were made with the Novel Foods Regulation. Begun in May of 1997, the Novel Foods Regulation set up an EU-wide pre-market system for all novel foods. A novel food is described as one that has not been eaten by EU consumers widely in the past. By setting up this program the EU hopes to keep its consumers safe from any possible side effects of any new food products. There are a variety of ways in which genetic modification has helped food producers. They can improve the nutritional (营养的) value or the storage conditions of the food. Today there are only two genetically modified foods that have been allowed for use, these are GM soybean and GM maize. Despite any safety checks, many people are still cautious about eating genetically modified foods. By providing these people with the necessary information, we can allow them to make decisions about these foods. 44. What do we know about the novel food? A. It‘s very popular in EU.
高一第二学期 6 月月考英语试卷
B. mastering the skills of telling D. learning a lesson from the Greek man
B. It‘s bad for people‘s health.
第 5 页 共 10 页
C. It‘s a new kind of food. 45. Genetically foods are allowed to be sold if they are A. tested for safety C. more nutritional A. do no harm to people B. have caused some problems C. are well received after being tested D. are criticized and attacked by many people
D. Its story has been published. . B. of high quality D. grown in Europe .
46. From paragraph 2, we can learn that genetically modified foods
47. What‘s the writer‘s attitude towards genetically modified foods? A. We should warn people that they are too dangerous to be eaten. B. We should give people information about them so that they can decide whether to buy them C. We should encourage people to eat them because they are more nutritional. D. We should tell people that they are trying to fool the farmers. D Statistics show that every year, about 4 million students fail to pass the national college entrance exam. However, as China recently publicized students‘ scores for this year‘s college entrance exam, it seems that schools, parents and society at large give more attention to students who succeed in the exam, few people care about those who fail, the China Education Daily reported. Some students, after failing the exam, cannot get a timely support from their parents or teachers and begin to display some serious mental problems. How to help these students to get rid of the shadow on their mind has become a problem to be taken seriously. First, students‘ friends, parents and relatives should offer their sympathy and care to them in order to comfort their heart. At this time, parents should not blame students for their failure, otherwise they might bear more psychological (心理的) burden. Secondly, teachers and the whole society should also offer more support to students who fail the exam. Lastly, students themselves should also try to overcome their depressions and adjust their mood. The newspaper urges the general public to offer their care, trust and support to these students. It also expects that students can face their failure bravely and try to start a new life happily. 48. What can we infer from the passage? A. After the college entrance exam, more attention is paid to students who failed the exam. B. Students who failed the college entrance exam may suffer from some mental problems. C. People have done a lot to help students who failed the college entrance exam.
高一第二学期 6 月月考英语试卷 第 6 页 共 10 页
D. Students failing the college entrance exam know how to remove the shadow on their mind. 49. What‘s the writer‘s attitude towards the students who failed the college entrance examination? A. He looks down upon them. C. He doubts about their learning ability. B. He expresses concern for them. D. He feels positive about their optimism.
50. What would do harm to students who failed the college entrance examination? A. Friends, parents and relatives show more concern for them. B. Teachers and the whole society offer more support to them. C. They themselves get over their depression and adopt an optimistic attitude. D. Parents put the blame on them for their failure. E Building Trust in a Relationship Again Trust is a learned behavior that we gain from past experiences, 51 .That is a risk. But you can‘t be successful when there‘s a lack of trust in a relationship that results from an action where the wrongdoer takes no responsibility to fix the mistake. Unfortunately, we‘ve all been victims of betrayal. Whether we‘ve been suffer from, lied to , misled, or cheated on, there are different levels of losing trust. Sometimes people simply can‘t trust anymore, 52. It‘s understandable, but if you‘re willing to build trust in a relationship again, we have some steps you can take to get you there. ? ? 53 54 having confidence in yourself will help you make better choices because you can see what If you‘ve been betrayed, you are the victim of your circumstance. But there‘s a difference the best outcome would be for your well-being. between being a victim and living with a ―victim mentality‖. At some point in all of our lives, we‘ll have our trust tested or violated. ? You didn‘t lose ―everything‖. Once trust is lost, what is left? Instead of looking at the situation from this hopeless angle, look at everything you still have and be thankful for all of the good in your life. 55 instead, it‘s a healthy way to work through the experience to allow room for positive growth and forgiveness. A. Learn to really trust yourself. B. It is putting confidence in someone. C. Stop regarding yourself as the victim. D. Remember that you can expect the best in return. E. They‘ve been too badly hurt and they can‘t bear to let it happen again. F. This knowledge carries over in their attitude toward their future relationships. G. Seeing the p ositive side of things doesn‘t mean you‘re ignoring what happened.
高一第二学期 6 月月考英语试卷 第 7 页 共 10 页
第Ⅱ卷：非选择题（共四节，满分 65 分）
第一节：单词拼写： （每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 1. Tony ___________(靠近、接近)Julia, touched her shoulder and kissed her on the cheek. 2. The most universal ___________(面部的) expression is smile. 3. ___________(不幸地是) his father died, leaving the family even worse off. 4.The acting is so ___________(令人信服的) that it makes you believe that it is one of the best meals he has ever tasted. 5.Over the past half century, using ______ (化学的)fertilizers has become very common. 6.He feels it gives him less ___________(自由) to do his research. 7.Perhaps if they had an ___________(紧急情况)they could not reach a doctor. 8.She and her ___________(组织)were given the Nobel Peace Prize in1997. 9. The thought that they could cross the whole___________(大洲)was exciting. 10.We visited the moon in our ___________(太空船). 11.They see a penniless young man ___________(徘徊)on the pavement. 12. ___________(好奇心)drove Wang Peng inside. 13.He was not going to hold his breath for her to ___________(道歉) 14.The most ___________(充满活力的) and important festival is Spring Festival. 15.It is so wet there that the trees are extremely tall, some ___________(测量)over 90 meters. 第二节：语篇填空： （每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） Yangshuo, China It was raining lightly when I__1__(arrive) in Yangshuo just before dawn. But I didn‘t care. A few hours__2__, I‘d been at home in Hong Kong, with __3_(it) choking smog. Here, the air was clean and fresh, even with the rain. I‘d skipped nearby Guilin, a dream place for tourists seeking the limestone mountain tops and dark waters of the Li River_4__are pictured by artists in so many Chinese _5__(painting). Instead, I ?d head straight for Yangshuo. For those who fly to Guilin, it‘s only an hour away__6_ car and offers all the scenery of the better-known city. Yangshuo__7__(be) really beautiful. A study of travelers_8__(conduct) by the website Trip Advisor names Yangshuo as one of the top 10 destinations in the world. And the town is fast becoming a popular weekend destination for people in Asia. Abercrombie & Kent, a travel company
高一第二学期 6 月月考英语试卷 第 8 页 共 10 页
in Hong Kong, says it_9__(regular) arranges quick getaways here for people_10__(live) in Shanghai and Hong Kong. 第三节：短文改错： （每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
When I was a child, I hoped to live in the city. I think I would be happy there. Now I am living in a city ,but I miss my home in countryside. There the air is clean or the mountains are green. Unfortunately, on the development of industrialization, the environment has been polluted. Lots of studies have been shown that global warming has already become a very seriously problem. The airs we breathe in is getting dirtier and dirtier. Much rare animals are dying out . We must found ways to protect your environment. If we fail to do so ,we‘ll live to regret it .
第四节：书面表达 目前 , 学校存在少数学生考试作弊现象 , 某英文杂志社拟对此现象向中学生征文 , 标题是 ―My Opinion on Cheating in Examinations‖.请根据下列提示用英语写一篇短文稿. 要点如下: 主要原因：考试偏多,偏难; 不用功,懒惰; 取悦父母,老师; 个人看法：作弊不对,违反校规; 要诚实努力学习;......（其他看法） 注意：1.包括所有要点,可适当发挥. 2.标题和开头已写好,不计入总词数 3.词数 100 左右
My Opinion on Cheating in Examinations
It is known to us all that some students cheat in examinations at school.
高一第二学期 6 月月考英语试卷
第 9 页 共 10 页
Yours, Li Hua
单选：1—5 DBBBD 6—10 BABAC 完型：16—20 ACBAD 21—25 CDBAD
11—15 ADBBA 26—30 ACBBA
阅读：36—40 DACAC 41—45 BADCA 46—50 DBBBD 51—55 BEACG 单词拼写：1. approached 2. facial 3. Unfortunately 4.convincing 5.chemical 6.freedom 7.emergency 8.organization 9.continent 10.spaceship 11. wandering 12.curiosity 13. apologize 14energetic 15. measuring 语篇填空：1.arrived 2.before/earlier 3.its 4.that/which 5.paintings 6.by 7.is 8.conducted 9.regularly 10.living 短文改错： 1. think –thought 5. been 去掉 8 much—many 【参考范文】 2. countryside 前加 the 6. seriously—serious 9. found—find 3. or—and 7. airs—air 4. on—with
My Opinion on Cheating in Examinations
It is known to us all that some students cheat in examinations at school. As students, we often take examinations at school, but sometimes we have too many examinations which are too difficult for us. On the other hand, some of us are lazy and don‘t work hard at their lessons. So when taking examinations, they sometimes cheat in order to get better results to please their parents and teachers. In my opinion, it is wro ng to cheat in examinations because it breaks the rules of schools. We students should be honest and try to get good results by studying hard instead of cheating in examinations. What‘s more, we should improve our study methods and get well prepared for examinations.
高一第二学期 6 月月考英语试卷
第 10 页 共 10 页