考试时间：2012 年 2 月 7 日
第一部分 听力略 第二部分 英语知识运用(共两节，满分 45 分) 第一节 单项填空(共 15 小题；每小题 l 分，满分 l5 分) 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 21. —I’m
sorry. I wasn’t helpful when you were in trouble. —Oh, _______. In fact, you did help me a lot． A. thanks anyway B. it doesn’t matter C. of course not D. sure you were 22. Dr. Peter Spence, _______ headmaster of the school, told us, ― ______ fifth of pupils here go on to study at Oxford and Cambridge.‖ A.不填；A B.不填；The C. the; The D. a; A 23. The new committee _______ 13 persons is popular with the public. A. consists of B. made up of C. made up D included 24. I don’t know ______ killed the bird. A. who was it that B. who was it C. who it was that D. who it was 25. I like this jacket better than that one, but it costs almost three times______. A. so much B. as many C. as much D. so many 26. As is reported, it is 107 years _____________ Chengdu No.7 High was founded. A. when B. that C. after D. since 27.—You speak very good French! —Thanks. I _______ French in Sichuan University for four years. A. studied B. study C. was studying D. had studied 28. The husband rushed to the hospital ________ he heard that his wife was injured. A. at the moment B. for the moment C. in a moment D. the moment 29. In order to protect the environment, _______. A. a lot of trees need planting B. cars should be reduced C. we should plant many trees D. waste should be recycled 30. This hat ________ me. A. doesn't fit for B. isn't fit C. doesn't fit D. fits with 31. Space exploration has been ________ with the rapid development of science. A. made it possible B. made possible C. made to be possible D. made it to be possible 32. The missing boy was last seen _________ near the river. A. play B. to play C. playing D. played 33. You have no idea how he finished the relay race ______ her foot wounded so much. A. for B. when C. with D. while 34. I am sure that he will come to ______ after he is informed of our arrival.
第 1 页 共 10 页
A. pick us up B. take us up C. carry us away D. transport us up 35. Some people prefer to work and live in Chengdu, for the price of an apartment is less than half of ________ of big cities like Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou. A. it B. what C. that D. one 第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题; 每小题 1.5 分, 满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最 佳选项，并在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。 Recently, I flew to Las Vegas to attend a meeting. As we were about to arrive，the pilot announced with apology that there would be a slight 36 before setting down. High desert winds had 37 the airport to close all but one runway. He said that we would be 38 over the city for a few minutes waiting to 39 .We were also told to remain in our seats meanwhile with our seat belts fastened 40 there might be a few bumps(颠簸). Well, that few minutes turned into about four—five minutes, including a ride that would make a roller coaster(过山车) 41 by comparison. The movement was so fierce that several passengers felt 42 and had to use airsickness bags. As you might guess, that’s not good thing to have happened in a(n) 43 space because it only 44 to increase the discomfort of the situation. About twenty minutes into the adventure, the entire airplane became very 45 . There was now a sense of anxiety and fear that could be 46 noticed. Every passenger simply held on for dear life except one. A 47 was having a good time! With each bump of the 48 he would let out a giggle(咯咯的笑)of delight. As I observed this, I 49 that he didn’t know he was supposed to be afraid and worried about his 50 . He neither thought about the past nor about the future. Those are what we grown—ups have learned from 51 . He was 52 the ride because he had not yet been taught to fear it. Having understood this, I took a deep breath and 53 back into my seat, pretending I was 54 on a roller coaster. I smiled for the rest of the flight. I even 55 to giggle once or twice, much to the chagrin(烦恼)of the man sitting next to me holding the airsickness bag. 36. A. mistake B. delay C. change D. wind 37. A. forced B. warned C. swept D. reminded 38. A. watching B. visiting C. circling D. crossing 39. A. arrive B. enter C. stop D. land 40. A. if B. though C. because D. while 41. A. light B. pale C. easy D. quick 42. A. sick B. nervous C. angry D. afraid 43. A. empty B. narrow C. secret D. open 44. A. happens B. continues C. fails D. serves 45. A. quiet B. hot C. dirty D. crowded 46. A. partly B. gradually C. shortly D. clearly 47. A. pilot B. baby C. guard D. man
第 2 页 共 10 页
48. A. seats 49. A. realized 50. A. health 51. A. teachers 52. A. learning 53. A. sat 54. A. nearly 55. A. attempted
B. passengers B. hoped B. safety B. books B. taking B. lay B. finally B. managed
C. flight C. agreed C. joy C. experience C. missing C. went C. really C. wanted
D. airplane D. insisted D. future D. practice D. enjoying D. rode D. suddenly D. decided
第二部分 阅读理解（每题 2 分，共 20 题，满分 40 分） 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将 该项涂黑。 A Do’s and Don’ts in Whale(鲸) Watching The Department of Fisheries and Oceans has developed guidelines for whale watching in Johnstone Strait, where killer whales are found on a daily basis each summer. It is strongly recommended that vessel(船只)operators follow these guidelines for all kinds of whales. ● Approach whales from the side, not from the front or the back. ● Approach no closer than 100 metres, then stop the boat but keep the engine on. ● Keep noise levels down-no horns, whistles or racing of engines. ● Start your boat only after the whales are more than 100 metres from your vessel. ● Leave the area slowly, gradually moving faster when you are more than 300 metres from the whales. ● Approach and leave slowly, avoiding sudden changes in speed or direction. ● Avoid disturbing groups of resting whales. ● Keep at low speeds and remain in the same direction if travelling side by side with whales. ● When whales are travelling close to shore, avoid crowding them near the shore or coming between the whales and the shore. ● Limit the time spent with any group of whales to less than 30 minutes at a time when within 100 to 200 metres of whales. ● If there is more than one vessel at the same observation spot, be sure to avoid any boat position that would result in surrounding the whales. ● Work together by communicating with other vessels, and make sure that all operators are aware of the whale watching guidelines. 56. For whom is this text written? A. Tour guides. B. Whale watchers. C. Vessel operators. D. Government officials. 57. When leaving the observation areas, the vessel should __________.
第 3 页 共 10 页
A. move close to the beach B. increase speed gradually C. keep its engine running slowly D. remain at the back of the whales 58. When going side by side with whales, the vessel should _________. A. keep moving in the same direction B. surround the whales with other boats C. travel closer and closer to the shore D. take a good viewing position 59. What is the shortest safe distance from the whales? A. 400 metres. B. 300 metres. C. 200 metres. D.100 metres. B Read the following advertisements: AD1 The Michael Jackson "Michael09" T-shirt is a great way to remember an American music legend! We also sell Jackson's Thriller album. Why not turn up the volume on your CD player or iPod and dance around the house in this original Michael Jackson T-shirt? Michael Jackson Tee is available in sizes S–XL, in White, Red or Pink. Printed on junior cut fitted T-Shirt. Limited edition, selling quickly–Michael Jackson Tee will ship on Friday, July 3. Order yours today before they sell out. Phone: 414-479-9860 Price: $21.99 AD2 Music Skins–Vinyl protective covers for laptops, with images of your favorite musicians. Protect your laptop with our long-lasting music skins! Music Skins LLC produces high quality skins that are easy to remove, so you can change skins whenever you want! It doesn't matter what kind of computer you have. You might be a country music fan or a rock music lover; a fan of reggae(雷鬼音乐)or pop music. Music Skins LLC has something for everyone! Phone: 646-827-4264 Price: $39.99 AD3 Earn up to $25,000 a year as a Medical Transcriptionist! No experience is needed. Work the hours you choose. Train at home in your spare time. The medical profession needs skilled transcriptionists. So if you can type, or are willing to learn, we can train you to work at home doing medical transcriptions from tapes dictated by doctors. Get free information! At-Home Profession Corp． Call Toll Free 1-800-475-0100 or visit www. athome. com 60. By dialing 414-479-9860, a fan of Michael Jackson can buy________ from the seller.
第 4 页 共 10 页
A. an iPod B. a CD player C. a Thriller album D. a music skin featuring the star 61. Which of the following descriptions of "Music skins–Vinyl protective covers" is true? A. They are of the best quality. B. They need to be changed constantly. C. They have skins for all laptop models. D. They don't have skins for classical musicians. 62. How much do you have to pay for a "Michael09" T- shirt in red (size XL) and two music skins with images of Madonna? A. $39.99 B. $83.97 C. $61.98 D. $101.97 63. The best title of the 3rd advertisement would be ________. A. Training at Home B. Working at Home C. Recording Work D. Learning at Home C The oldest forms of medicine are enjoying a comeback. Modern holistic medicine is an approach that treats the whole patient, not just the disease. It is a way to maintain good health rather than cure illness. The most important influences on today’s holistic medicine are ancient Chinese medicine and Indian Ayurvedic medicine, both of which promoted whole body health. Holistic medicine usually combines diet, physical exercise and meditation, together with other alternative techniques such as massage and acupuncture. Herbal treatment, a practice of treating illness by using plants, is influenced by the writings of Culpeper as well as Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine. Homeopathy （顺势疗法） is one of the forms of holistic medicine which is widely practiced in Europe and the USA. Homeopathy began in Germany in the early 1800s, when Samuel Hahnemann described how very tiny doses of a drug had an effect on his patients. According to Hahnemann, the more the drug was diluted (稀释), the stronger its effects. The substance selected would produce similar effects to the disease itself if given in large doses. In the UK homeopathy is regarded as a non-traditional but just about acceptable treatment. Meditation and contemplation have an important role in holistic medicine. They were brought to Europe by Indian teachers who combined Indian Ayurvedic medicine with Western beliefs. Transcendental meditation（超脱静坐）is one of the best known of these techniques. People repeat words inside their head to reach a state of deep relaxation. The holistic movement has made many doctors look at the whole patient, not just the disease. Life-style, emotional problems and diet are just some of the factors that can affect a person’s health. Holistic medicine emphasizes good diet, exercise and fresh air, all of which contribute to health. Some clinics now offer holistic medicine along with traditional treatments, so that their patients can choose a combination of treatments that suits them. One problem with holistic medicine is that it is difficult for people to be sure that a doctor is reliable. To solve this, many countries want alternative doctors to form professional bodies.
第 5 页 共 10 页
64. Which of the following does NOT belong to holistic medicine? A. massage B. meditation C. a balanced diet D. a knee operation 65. The principle of homeopathy is that __________. A. the large doses of medicine that will not be harmful will take better effect B. the disease will be cured sooner by taking larger doses of medicine C. a small thinner dose of medicine will be more effective D. the doses of medicine depend on how serious the illness is 66. Which of the following titles best sums up the passage? A. Holistic Medicine B. Traditional Medicine Returns C. History of Medicine D. Combination of Treatments Works 67. What can we infer from the passage? A. Relaxation is the key of holistic treatment. B. Holistic medicine needs to become more trustworthy. C. Holistic treatment is more beneficial than traditional treatments. D. Holistic medicine will become the most welcome treatment soon. D Throughout the history of arts, the nature of creativity has remained constant to artists. No matter what objects they select, artists are to bring forth new forces and forms that cause change—to find poetry where no one has ever seen or experienced it before. Landscape(风景) is another unchanging element of art. It can be found from ancient times through the 17th-century Dutch painters to the 19th-century romanticists and impressionists. In the 1970s Alfred Leslie, one of the new American realists, continued this practice. Leslie sought out the same place where Thomas Cole, a romanticist, had produced paintings of the same scene a century and a half before. Unlike Cole who insists on a feeling of loneliness and the idea of finding peace in nature, Leslie paints what he actually sees. In his paintings, there is no particular change in emotion, and he includes ordinary things like the highway in the background. He also takes advantage of the latest developments of color photography(摄影术) to help both the eye and the memory when he improves his painting back in his workroom. Besides, all art begs the age-old question: what is real? Each generation of artists has shown their understanding of reality in one form or another. The impressionists saw reality in brief emotional effects, the realists in everyday subjects and in forest scenes, and the Cro-Magnon cave people in their naturalistic drawings of the animals in the ancient forests. To sum up, understanding reality is a necessary struggle for artists of all periods. Over thousands of years the function of the arts has remained relatively constant. Past or present, Eastern or Western, the arts are a basic part of our immediate experience. Many and different are the faces of art, and together they express the basic need and hope of human beings.
第 6 页 共 10 页
68. Leslie’s paintings are extraordinary because________ . A. they are close in style to works in ancient times B. they look like works by 19th-century painters C. they draw attention to common things in life D. they depend heavily on color photography 69. What is the author ’s opinion of artistic reality? A. It will not be found in future works of art. B. It does not have a long-lasting standard. C. It is expressed in a fixed artistic form D. It is lacking in modern works of art. 70. What does the author suggest about the arts in the last paragraph? A. They express people’s curiosity about the past. B. They make people interested in everyday experience. C. They are considered important for variety in form. D. They are regarded as a mirror of the human situation. 71. Which of the following is the main topic of the passage? A. History of the arts. B. Basic questions of the arts. C. New developments in the arts. D. Use of modern technology in the arts. E It’s 5:00 in the morning when the alarm (闹钟) rings in my ears. I roll out of bed and walk blindly through the dark into the bathroom. I turn on the light and put on my glasses. The house is still as I walk downstairs while my husband and three kids sleep peacefully. Usually I go for a long run, but today I choose my favorite exercise DVD, Insanity. Sweat pours down my face and into my eyes. My heart races as I face my body to finish each movement. As I near the end of the exercise, I feel extremely tired, but a smile is of my face. It’s a smile because the DVD is over, but a smile of success from pushing my body to its extreme limit. Some people enjoy shopping, smoking, food, work, or even chocolate. But I need exercise to get through each day. Some shake heads when they see me run through the town. Others get hurt when I refuse to try just one bite of their grandmother’s chocolate cake. They raise their eyebrows, surprised by my ―no thank you,‖ or by my choice to have a salad. Over the years, I have learned it’s okay to just say ―no.‖ I shouldn’t feel sorry for refusing food that I don’t want to eat. So what drives me to roll out of bed at 5:00 a.m.? What gives me the reason to just say to ice cream? Commitment. A commitment to change my life with a way that reduces daily anxiety, increases self –confidence and energy, extends life and above all improves my body shape. This is the point where a smile appears on my face as I look at myself in the mirror or try on my favorite pair of
第 7 页 共 10 页
jeans that now fit just right. It’s through commitment and sweat that I can make a difference within myself inside and out. 72.Why is there a smile on the author’s face in the morning? A. Because she sees her family sleeping peacefully. B. Because she finishes her favorite exercise C. Because she enjoys the interesting DVD D. Because she feels a sense of achievement 73.Which of the following is true according to Paragraph? A. She doesn’t like others r politely B. She likes to make others surprised C. Others don’t understand what she dose D. Others try to help her by offering her food 74.What does the underlined word ―commitment‖ in the last paragraph mean? A. Good health B. Firm belief C. A strong power D. A regular habit 75.Wtat can we learn about the author from the text? A. She acts in a strange way B. She wants to look different from others C. She aims to develop a good body shape D. She has difficult getting along with others 第三部分 写作（共三节,满分 35 分）
第一节 根据下列句子中首字母或汉语意思提示，用单词适当的形式填写句子。 （共 10 小题， 每题 1 分） 76. Western diet c___________ too much fat and sugar in the form of potato chips, butter, cream, coca cola, cream and chocolate. 77. It’s really difficult to stop smoking, because it is believed that smoking is a____________. 78. However, it was Haydn who _____________(鼓励) Beethoven to move to Vienna. 79. Our school has _______(采用) a new teaching method. 80. __________(呼吸) became difficult when we climbed to the top of that mountain. 81. She listened with a __________(困惑的) expression on her face. 82. It is probably better if we spend our time and money on buying good food and keeping a b________ diet. 83. In the past 20 years, this company has made great ____________(成就) in product design.
第 8 页 共 10 页
84. After several a ____________, I gave up trying to do his portrait. 85. The Space Control Centre announced that the launch of Tiangong-1 was a complete s_________. 76.____________ 77.______________ 78._____________ 79.___________ 80.___________ 81.___________ 82.____________ 83.____________ 84.___________ 85.___________
第二节 短文改错（共 10 小题;每小题 1.5 分,满分 15 分） 此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行做出判断:如无错误,在该行右边横线 上画一个勾(√);如有错误（每行只有一个错误）,则按下列情况改正： 此行多一个词:把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉,在该行右边横线上写出该词,并也用斜线划掉。 此行缺一个词:在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧）,在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。 此行错一个词:在错的词下划一横线,在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。 On May Day, Li Yue and Zhang Hua, student from Class Three, Grade Two, went to Sunshine Nursing Home and do some voluntary work. On their arrival, Li Yue and Zhang Hua were warm welcomed, and respectfully, they presented the elderly with flowers and fruits. Then, they started working at once, cleaning windows and floors of the house. After that, they sat in the yard chatted with the elderly people. When there was time for them to leave, the elderly people thanked them their kindness. They said it was so beautiful a day that they would remember forever. Li Yue and Zhang Hua were very happy. How they did has brought joy to others and enriched their own lives. 86. _________ 87. _________ 88._________ 89._________ 90._________ 91._________ 92._________ 93._________ 94._________ 95._________
第三节 根据下列汉语意思翻译句子，每空一词。 （共 10 小题，每空 0.5 分） 96. 当周凯的妈妈看到他没穿外套朝前门走去,她担心地盯着周凯。 When Zhou Kai’s mother saw him _ towards the front door without a jacket she him . 97. 如果哪些注射毒品的人和其他吸毒者公用针头的话，他们会面临更多危险。 Users inject the drug are also more if they needle with other users.
第 9 页 共 10 页
98. 在寒假结束的时候，我读完了两本马克吐温写的小说。 the time winter vacation was over, I by Mark Twain. 99. 包括来自 32 个国家的宇航员在内，杨利伟是第 438 位太空旅行者。 Yang is the 438th person in space, countries. 100. 她正打算放弃解了半小时的题时，一条新思路出现在她脑海里。 She was on the point of giving up the problem she half an hour a new idea came into her mind.
第 10 页 共 10 页