表语(Predicative) ? 一般位于系动词（e.g. be, become, get, look, grow, turn, seem等）之后。用以说明 主语的性质、特征、状态与身份 The flower is beautiful .
? 表语一般由/名词、代词、形容词、数词、 副 词、不定式、动名词、分词、介词短语及表 语从句/表示。
1.Our teacher of English is an American. （n.） 2.Is it yours? (pron.) 3.The weather has turned cold. (adj.) 4.The speech is exciting. (adj.) 5.Three times seven is twenty one? (num.)
6.His job is to teach English. （不定式） 7.His hobby is playing football. （动名词） 8.The meeting is of great importance. （介词短语） 9.Time is up. The class is over. （副词） 10.The truth is that he has never been abroad. （表语从句）
注意：系动词（Linking verb)用于连接主语和表 语，说明主语的状态，性质特征和身份等。
1）状态系动词用来表示主语状态，只有be一词， 如： He is a teacher. 2）持续系动词用来表示主语继续或保持一种状况或态度 主要有keep, remain, stay, lie, stand, 如： He always kept silent at meetings. 3）表像系动词用来表示“看起来像”这一概念，主要有 seem, appear, look, 如： He seems (to be) very sad.
注意：系动词（Linking verb)用于连接主语和表语，说明 主语的状态，性质特征和身份等。
4）感官系动词主要有feel, smell, sound, taste,
This kind of cloth feels very soft. 5）变化系动词表示主语变成什么样，主要有become, grow, turn, fall, get, go, come, run. 如： The river was beginning to run dry. 6）终止系动词表示主语已终止动作，主要有prove, turn out, 意为“结果是;证明是” 如 The rumor proved false. His plan turned out a success.
1. The fact is that I earned my passage by working as an unpaid hand. 2. That’s why we’ve given the letter. 3. Her wish is that she could lose weight soon. 4. It seemed as if the world was at an end.
必背句型： for his 1. The reason why he absence is absent is that he is ill. 2. China is not what it used to be.
3. My advice / suggestion is that the meeting (should) be held tomorrow.
4. The question is whether the book is worth reading
(it is going to rain). 5. It seems / appears that …
6. It looks /seems /appears as if… 7. That’s why … That’s because …
8. This is where I disagree. 9. This is where our problem lies.