一. 单项选择（共 15 小题;每小题 1 分,共 15 分） 1. ------ How often do you go to the cinema? -----，but usually twice a month. B. Have no idea that his cock B. lied; laid C. As usual an egg
yesterday. C. lay; lied D. laid; lain D. Not at all
A. Go ahead
B. Good luck
C. No problem
D. Cheer up
12. We must do whatever we can to A. separate 13. Going on a trip into A. / ; the 14. China is a B. the; the B. keep
the river being polluted any more. C. prevent space must be quite C. the; an country. D. guard exciting experience. D./ ; an
A. It all depends 2. The boy A. lied, lay 3. A. If 4. A. What 5. What we used to think A. is
country, but America is a
A. developing; developing C. developing; developed
B. developed; developed D. developed; developing
he can pass the entrance examination is quite uncertain.. B. Whether C. That D. What
15. ------ What happened to you just now, Daisy? ------ My key was missing. I had to A. force B. keep the door open. C. break D. leave
makes this shop different is that it offers more personal services. B. Who C. Whatever D. Whoever
二. 完型填空（共 20 小题;每小题 1.5 分,共 30 分） People often say that the Englishman’s home is his castle. They mean that the home is very important and __16__. Most people in Britain live in houses __17__ flats, and many people own their homes. This means that they can make them individual; they can __18__ them and change them in any way they __19__. In a crowded city the individual knows that he or she has a private space which is
impossible now does seem possible. B. was C. has been D. will be
6. As the busiest woman in Norton, she made affairs in that town. A. this 7. A. With 8. It’s A. especially B. that C. one
her duty to look after all the other people’s
__20__ for himself of herself and for __21__ friends. People usually like to __22__ their space. Are you sitting now in your home or in a library or on a beach or a train? If you are on the beach you may have spread your __23__ around you; on the train you may have __24__ your coat or small bag on the seat beside you; in a library you may have one __25__ or chair which is your own. pictures of Once I was traveling on a __26__ to London. I was in a section for four people and there was a table between us. The man on the __27__ side to me had his briefcase on the table. There was no __28__ on
days went by, he didn’t succeed in anything he had planned. B. When C. As D. While
accepted that men like playing football more than women. B. generally C. simply D. totally
9. The young dancers looked so charming in their beautiful clothes that we took them. A. many of B. masses of C. the number of D. a large amount of
my side of the table at all. I was made rather __29__, I thought he thought that he owned the __30__ table. I took various papers out of my bag and put them on __31 __! When I did this he stiffened and his eyes
10. How the big forest fire has A. taken place B. turned up
remains to be a mystery. C. broken out D. broken up 11. ------ I’m thinking
nearly popped out of his head. I had __32__ his space! A few minutes later I took my papers __33__ his case in order to read them. He immediately __34__ his case to his side of the table. （Of course , it is __35__ that he just wanted to be helped to me ! ） -1-
of the test tomorrow. I’m afraid I can’t pass this time. -----! I’m sure you’ll make it.
16. A. helpful 17. A. rather than 18. A. buy 19. A. make 20. A. only 21. A. unwanted 22. A. mark 23. A. towels 24. A. find 25. A. book 26. A. plane 27. A. opposite 28. A. matter 29. A. angry 30. A. right 31. A. the table 32. A. invaded 33. A. into 34. A. hid 35. A. possible
B. personal B. as well as B. leave B. clear B. already B. close B. decide B. sands B. give B. corner B. train B. back B. weight B. hurt B. only B. his case B. shut B. for B. set B. true
C. necessary C. as a result of C. paint C. like C. ever C. sick C. choose C. papers C. put C. companion C. way C. wrong C. light C. fearful C. small C. the seat C. separated C. off C. moved C. wonderful
D. useful D. or rather D. offer D. prepare D. even D. invited D. keep D. flags D. store D. meal D. street D. good D. space D. busy D. whole D. his side D. shared D. out of D. kept D. ordinary
number of people speaking English as a first language continues to rise, but it isn’t rising nearly as fast as the numbers of many other languages around the world, simply because the main population group has been largely in the less developed countries where languages other than English have been spoken,” he says. In a recent article in the journal Science, Mr. Graddol noted that three languages that are not near the top of the list of the most widely spoken now might be there soon. These are Bengali, Tamil, and Malay, spoken in south and Southeast Asia. David Crystal, the author of the Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language, says about 1.5 billion of the world’s six billion people speak it as a second tongue compared to the 400 million native speakers. But another expert on the English language says Mr. Graddol underestimates (低估) the future of its dominance. “Nobody quite knows what’s going to happen because no language has been in this position before. But all the evidence (证据) suggests that the English language snowball is rolling down a hill and is getting faster,” he said. 36. In David Graddol’s opinion, English will _______. A. remain widespread and important B. be more important than any other language C. lose its dominant position D. die away in the near future 37. The underlined sentence in the last paragraph implies that ______. A. snowballs will roll down faster than language balls B. the English language snowball is rolling down faster than any time in the past C. English language will soon drop in dominance D. more and more language users will choose English 38. How many experts does the passage mention who express their ideas about the future of English? A. 2. B. 3. C. 4. D. 5.
三. 阅读理解（共 10 小题;每小题 2 分,共 20 分） A English is fast becoming the language of science around the world, but what is its future among everyday speakers? One expert points out that the percentage(比率) of native English speakers is declining(降低) globally while the languages of other rapidly growing regions are being spoken by increasing numbers of people. But English will continue to remain widespread and important. However, British language scholar David Graddol says English will probably drop in dominance(主 导) by the middle of this century to rank, after Chinese, about equally with Arabic, Hindi, and Urdu. “The -2-
39. According to David Graddol, which of the following will possibly be one of the languages that will be most widely spoken? A. Malay. B. Arabic. C. Urdu. D. German.
40. What should be the best title for the passage? A. English Remaining the Dominant Position B. The Future of English? Who Knows? C. Opinions from Different Experts D. The English Language Snowball Rolling Down B Language learning begins with listening. Children are greatly different in the amount of listening they do before they start speaking, and later starters are often long listeners .Most children will “obey” spoken instructions some time before they can speak, though the word “obey” is hardly accurate as a description of the eager and delighted cooperation usually shown by the child .Before they can speak, many children will also ask questions by gesture and by making questioning noises. Any attempt to study the development from the noises babies make to their first spoken words leads to considerable difficulties. It is agreed that they enjoy making noises, and that during the first few months one or two noises sort themselves as particularly expressive as delight, pain, friendliness, and so on. But since these can’t be said to show the baby’s intention to communicate, they can hardly be regarded as early forms of language. It is agreed, too, that from about three months they play with sounds for enjoyment, and that by six months they are able to add new words to their store. This self-imitation （模仿）leads on to deliberate（有意的）imitation of sounds made or words spoken to them by other people. The problem then arises as to the point at which one can say that these imitations can be considered as speech. It is a problem we need to get out teeth into. The meaning of a word depends on what a particular person means by it in a particular situation and it is clear that what a child means by a word will change as he gains more experience of the world .Thus the use at seven months of “mama” as a greeting for his mother cannot be dismissed as a meaningless sound simply because he also uses it at other times for his father, his dog, or anything else he likes. Playful and meaningless imitation of what other people say continues after the child has begun to speak for himself, I doubt, however whether anything is gained when parents take advantage of this ability in an attempt to teach new sounds. 41. Before children start speaking________. -3-
A. they need equal amount of listening B. they need different amounts of listening C. they are all eager to cooperate with the adults by obeying spoken instructions D. they can’t understand and obey the adult’s oral instructions 42. Children who start speaking late ________. A. may have problems with their listening B. probably do not hear enough language spoken around them C. usually pay close attention to what they hear D. often take a long time in learning to listen properly 43. A baby’s first noises are ________. A. an expression of his moods and feelings B. an early form of language C. a sign that he means to tell you something D. an imitation of the speech of adults 44. The problem of deciding at what point a baby’s imitations can be considered as speech________. A. is important because words have different meanings for different people B .is not especially important because the changeover takes place gradually C. is one that should be properly understood because the meaning of words changes with age D. is one that should be completely ignored（忽略）because children’s use of words is often meaningless 45. The speaker implies________. A. parents can never hope to teach their children new sounds B. children no longer imitate people after they begin to speak C. children who are good at imitating learn new words more quickly D. even after they have learnt to speak, children still enjoy imitating
卷 II 一. 单词拼写 (10 分)
1. There is too much
(暴力) on TV. of economy, people’s living standards are higher now.
2. With the d
13．二氧化碳 15. 好象__________________ 三. 用以上短语的正确形式填空
3. Every night he observes the space through at
4. The illness is s
through the village.
5. One cannot e
1. It was almost midnight that a fire
in the neighborhood.
6. You will
(逐渐地) get used to the weather here.
you are here, why not have a drink?
7. By the time they reached the top of the mountain, they were
3. ---Did you catch your plane?
---Yes, we got there just
8. There is a big underground railway
(系统) in London, which is good for travelers.
4. The dish tastes good after it
9. Zhang Heng was one of the most famous Chinese a
in the world.
5. ---Will you go fishing this afternoon?
---Well, it all
10. The mammals 二. 翻译下面短语 (15 分)
(繁殖) when the animals, harmful to them, disappeared.
6. After a while I
it and we began to enjoy ourselves.
7. The fans
when they saw the famous film stars arrive.
8. Country life is quite _______________ city life.
9. We should find some ways to _________ the harmful gas ______ spreading.
women cry more easily than men.
龙文中学高一第三次半月考参考答案 卷 I 一、单项选择 1-5 A B B A B 二、完形填空 16-20 B A C C A 三、阅读理解 36-40 C D B A B 卷 II 一、单词拼写 1. violence 6. gradually 2. development 7. exhausted 3. telescope 8. system 4. spreading 9. astronomers 5. exist 10. multiplied 41-45 B D A B D 21-25 D A A C B 26-30 B A D A D 31-35 B A C C A 6-10 D C B B C 11-15 D C D C A 卷 I 一、单项选择 1-5 A B B A B 二、完形填空 16-20 B A C C A 三、阅读理解 36-40 C D B A B 卷 II 一、单词拼写 1. violence 6. gradually 2．及时，总有一天 in time 4．依靠，信赖 depend on 6．既然，由于 now that 8．熟悉，掌握 get the hang of 10．与…不同 be different from 12．全球变暖 global warming 13. 在表面上 on the surface 三、 2. development 7. exhausted 3. telescope 8. system 4. spreading 9. astronomers 5. exist 10. multiplied 41-45 B D A B D 21-25 D A A C B 26-30 B A D A D 31-35 B A C C A 6-10 D C B B C 11-15 D C D C A 龙文中学高一第三次半月考参考答案
翻译下面短语 1．太阳系 solar system 3．阻止，制止 prevent from 5．感到高兴 cheer up 7．一般而言 generally speaking 9．突发，爆发 break out 11．冷却 cool down 13. 二氧化碳 carbon dioxide 15. 好象 as if 三、用以上短语的正确形式填空 1. broke out 4. cools down 7. cheered up 10. Generally speaking 2. Now that 5. depends on 8. different from 3. in time 6.got the hang of 9. prevent from
翻译下面短语 1．太阳系 solar system 3．阻止，制止 prevent from 5．感到高兴 cheer up 7．一般而言 generally speaking 9．突发，爆发 break out 11．冷却 cool down 13. 二氧化碳 carbon dioxide 15. 好象 as if 三、用以上短语的正确形式填空 1. broke out 4. cools down 7. cheered up 10. Generally speaking 2. Now that 5. depends on 8. different from 3. in time 6.got the hang of 9. prevent from 2．及时，总有一天 in time 4．依靠，信赖 depend on 6．既然，由于 now that 8．熟悉，掌握 get the hang of 10．与…不同 be different from 12．全球变暖 global warming 13. 在表面上 on the surface