英语中句子的语序通常有两种：自然语 序和倒装语序。倒装语序分为“全部倒装” 和“部分倒装”。在全部倒装的句子中，整 个谓语都放在主语的前面；在部分倒装的句 子中，只是谓语中的一部分（如助动词、情 态动词或系动词be等）放在主语前面，其余 部分仍放在主语后面。
自 然 语 序
>The boy came in.
全部倒装 谓语动词+主语 In came the boy.
倒 装 助动词/情态动 语 Never shall we 序 部分倒装 词等+主语+谓 forget them. 语其余部分
I 方位副词down, up, in, out, here, there , away等或时间副 词then 等放到句首时，全部倒装 Here comes the bus! There goes the bell!
Out rushed the children.
The door opened and in came Black.
Here it comes! Out they rushed.
In front of them stood a great castle. On the bed lay a sick old man.
Under the tree was sitting one of the biggest men I have ever seen.
III such 位于句首时使用全部倒装结构。 Such will be my future dream. Such is my whole story.
I 由so引起的，表示前面所说的情况也适用于另一个人（或物） “We must start for the work-site now.” “So must we.” He plays the violin quite well. So does my sister. He has been to Beijing, so have I.
由neither或nor引起的，表示前面所说的情况也适用于另一个 人（或物） -- I won’t do such a thing. –Neither / Nor will I. -- I haven’t done my homework. –Neither / Nor have I.
I didn’t read the notice on the bulletin board, nor did he. 注：如果一个句子只是重复前面一句话的意思，尽管so用于 开头，语序也不要倒装，如： -- It was cold yesterday. – So it was! -- Tomorrow will be Monday. – So it will.
II only与所修饰的副词、介词短语或状语从句一起放在句首时， 其后面的部分要部分倒装，如： Only in this way can you hope to improve the situation there.
Only then did I realize that I was wrong. Only after he came back was I able to see him.
Only socialism can save China.
III 含有否定意义的副词、副词短语、状语从句放在句首时，后 面的部分要部分倒装。 not, never, hardly, seldom, little, rarely, scarcely, neither， nor, not until, not only…but also…, no sooner…than…, hardly…when …, scarcely…when…，in no way, at no time, in no case, by no means, under no circumstances等 Never shall I forget the day when I joined the League. Not until I began to work did I realize how much time I had wasted. Not only did he read the book, but also he remembered what he had read. No sooner had he arrived there than he fell ill. At no time will China be the first to use nuclear weapons. 注：not only…but also连接两个主语时，不用倒装，如： Not only the students, but also the teacher wishes for a holiday.
注意： Not until we know more will we be able to improve the situation.
It was not until we know more that we will be able to improve the situation.
IV当so（或such）…that…结构中的so或such用于句首时，要 采取部分倒装语序，如： So small was the mark that I could hardly see it.
So fast does light travel that it is difficult for us to imagine its speed. So clever a boy is he that he can work out the difficult problem.
Such a clever boy is he that he can work out the difficult problem. Such was his strength that he could bend iron bars.
V 虚拟条件句省略if时，句中的were/ should/ had 提前形成倒装。 Were I you, I would take the position in that company. Had he been given some information, he could have answered the question.
VI as引导让步状语从句时，必须把此状语从句中的表 语, 状语, 或动词原形提到as前(作表语的如是单数可数 名词，提到as前时要去掉冠词)，其他不变，形成倒装。 Tired as he felt, he kept on working. Child as he was, he could work out the problem.
Much as he likes English, he is not good at it.
Try as we might, we could not make him accept our view.
学习倒装，首先 要熟悉倒装的条件， 即句子在什么情况下 要求倒装。
1. ---I would never come to this restaurant again. The food is terrible.
---______. B Neither would I A. Nor am I B. C. Same with me D. So do I 2. ______snacks and drinks, but they also brought cards for entertainment when they had a picnic in the forest. A. Not only they brought B Not only did they bring B. C. Not only brought they D. Not only they did bring
3. Little ______ abut his own safety, though he was in great danger himself. A. does he care C. he cares B did he care B. D. he cared
4. Not until all the fish died in the river ______ how serious the pollution was. A did the villagers realize A. B. the villagers realized C. the villagers did realize D. didn’t the villagers realize
5. ______ got into the room ______ the telephone rang.
A. He hardly had; then C. He had not; than B. Hardly had he; when B D. Not had he; when
6. Only when your identity has been checked _____. A. you are allowed in B. you will be allowed in C. will you allow in D. will you be allowed in D
7. So difficult ______ it to live in an Englishspeaking country that I determined to learn English well. A. I have felt C. I did feel B. have I felt D. D did I feel
8. Not a single song ______ at yesterday’s party.
A. she sang C. did she sing C
B. sang she D. she did sang
9. ---David has made great progress recently.
---______, and ______.
A. So he has; so you have B So he has; so have you B. C. So has he; so have you D. So has he; so you have 10. Look! In front of the stadium ______.
A. stands a high tower A
B. does a high tower stand
C. a high tower stands
D. a high tower does stand
11. ______ when she heard the sound.
A. A Out rushed the woman B. Out the woman rushed
C. Out did the woman rush D Out the woman did rush 12. ______, I have never seen anyone who’s as capable as John.
A.As long as I have traveled
B. Now that I have traveled so much C C. Much as I have traveled D. As I have traveled so much
13. What would have happened, _____ as far as the river bank? A. Bob had walked B. if Bob should walk C had Bob walked C. D. if Bob walked