语法填空：阅读下面短文，按照句子结 构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求，在空 格处填入一个适当的词或使用括号中词 语的正确形式填空。(编者注：①各题序 号与高考试题中该道题的序号相同；② 为方便同学们答题，将本来在下划横线 中央的序号调至横线的前面)
(1) Good quality goods and good quality service make yo
ur business successful. I live in an area ________ there is a number where of family—run corner stores, and my favorite one ________ is owned and run by Nick and the other members of ________ family for all kinds of really good quality fruits.
For the last three years I often go there mainly for one product---fresh red apples. I guess that I ______________ (buy) about 1,500 apples have bought from this corner store. ________ time I am Every about to leave, Nick, ________ a big smile on with his face, gives me a fresh piece of fruit, such as a peach, which has always surprised me. I see this appreciation as a simple expression of________________ (appreciate) for my business, and his desire is to make his customers feel good. The payoff is that I keep coming back to shop, not simple
for ________ the great apples and the free piece of fresh fruit, but __________ he makes me because feel extra special and appreciated.
So, when you have your business ___________(run), with all the right running factors in place and working well, spend some times to do the extra little things that make your customers feel special!
(2) Have you ever heard the old saying, “Never judge a book by its cover?” This is a good rule _____________ (follow ) when to follow trying to judge the intelligence of others. Some people have minds that shine only in certain situations. A young person ________ an with unusual gift for writing may find himself
speechless ____________ (speech) in the presence of a pretty girl when he speaks. He may not be able to find the right words. But don’t make mistake of thinking him stupid, with a pen and a paper, he can express __________ better himself than anybody.
Other people may fool you into overestimating their (评价过高) ________ intelligence by putting up a good front. A student ________listens who attentively and ________(take) notes in class takes is sure to make a favorable impression on when ________ his teachers . But ________ it comes to exams, he may score near the bottom of the class.
The only way to determine a person’s intelligence is to get to know him. The more ________ situations you see, the better your judgment is likely to be. So take your time. Don’t judge a book by its cover.
(3) At the centre of this current scandal (丑闻) is the Sanlu Group, a company based in theIt city of Shijiazhuang in Hebei province. ______ has been selling milk powder with the toxic (有 毒的) chemical melamine (三聚氰胺), used ________(use) in industry to makemakes such things as plastics. This chemical ________ (make) the milk powder appear to contain more protein than is actually the case. ________ But the scandal is not limited to just one company.
China’s laws do not seem to be the main problem, according to ________senior employee at a a foreign firm that produces baby products in China. “There are laws and the laws are very strict. When ________ we want to launch a product, there are so many things we have to do,” said the employee, ________ did not want to be who identified. Chinese ________ (centre) central government officials often complain that these good laws are not heeded.
In order to avoid the problems now facing Sanlu, this foreign firm sends ________own inspectors to check its products bought ________Chinese from suppliers.
(4) After staying outside the capsule for about 20 minutes and traveling about 9,165 km along with the spacecraft in space, Zhai returned to the orbital module in a foot-infirst position, marking a complete success of China’s first spacewalk. The spacewalk was as done exactly ________it was planed. President Hu hailed (向……欢呼) the spacewalk as________ breakthrough and a their thanked the taikonauts for ________ devotion and excellent performance.
“How did you feel like in space after ________ exiting the module?” asked a smiling Hu, ________ was talking on who phone with the taikonauts. “I felt superb,” answered Zhai. “The process of taking on the Feitian spacesuit went smooth,” said Zhai, looking _____________ (confidence) confident and radiant on the screen at the BACC.
from The Shenzhou-7 spacecraft took off ________ northwest China’s Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center at 9:10 p.m. on Thursday, and was scheduled to land on the Inner Mongolia steppe at about 5:40 p.m. on Sunday. Before its ________return, the Shenzhou-7 will carry out trials of satellite data relay. The successful spacewalk ________ (make) China the third makes to master _____________ (master) the extravehicular(太 空船外的) activity (EVA) technology following the United States and Russia.
(5) “A Letter to the Future” was a perfect ending to the 2008 Paralympics Games. In the Paralympics Closing Ceremony, athletes and journalists, will get a special postcard on  which ________ they can write words of blessing.
“A Letter to the Future,” implies that the letter to the future __________ ( write) by spectators is written and athletes. The style of the ceremony will be in keeping with the Opening Ceremony — like a fairy tale, warm and___________ (romance), said romantic executive director Zhang Jigang. The postcards are marked ________ the Bird’s Nest’s address and with designed a postmark ___________(design) for the Closing Ceremony. During the art performance, the “postmen” will give the specially designed in postcards to the audience ________ a special way.
Then ________ will collect the blessing postcards and drop them into the postbox in the stadium to send them to places all over the world through China Post. “The letter to the future is not empty, for all of the people in the Bird’s Nest can take part in.” said Zhang Jigang. Although many will write their or to________ relatives ________even to themselves, this too, is ________expression an of their hopes for the future.
(6) An man punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper to decorate a box. Nevertheless, the girl brought her the gift to ________father the next morning. The man was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, ________his anger flared again but when he found out the box was empty. He yelled stating at her, __________(state), “Don’t you know, when you give someone a present, there is supposed to be something inside?”
The little girl looked up at him with tears in her cried eyes and ________ (cry), “Oh, Daddy, it’s not empty at all. I blew kisses into the box. They’re all for you, Daddy.” The father was an crushed. Only a short time later, ______ accident took the life of the child. Her father kept that gold box by his bed for many years and, _____________he was discouraged, he whenever would take out an imaginary kiss and who remember the love of the child ________ had put it there.
In a very real sense, each one of us, ________human beings, has been given a as unconditional gold container filled with ________ (condition) love and kisses... from our children, family members, friends, and God. There is simply no 40 _______ possession, anyone could other hold, more precious than this. (朱伟民)
(7) Once upon a time a very strong woodcutter asked for a job in a timber(木材) merchant, and he got it. The paid was really good and so ________ (be) the work conditions. were ________that reason, the woodcutter was For determined to do ________best. His boss gave his him ________axe and showed him the area an where ________ he was supposed to work. The first day, the woodcutter brought 18 trees. “Congratulations,” the boss said. “Go on that way!”
Very motivated for the boss words, the harder woodcutter tried ___________ (hard) the next day, but he only could bring 15 trees. The third day he tried even harder, ________ he but only could bring 10 trees. Day after day he was bringing less and less trees. “I must be losing my _____________(strong)”, the strength woodcutter thought. He went to the boss and saying apologized, ________ (say) that he could what not understand ________ was going on.
“When was the last time you sharpened your axe?” the boss asked. “Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my axe. I have been very busy trying to cut trees...”
(8) “Your money or your life.” The choice presented traditionally __________ ( present ) by the highwayman (拦路强盗) is supposed to have sensible only one ___________ (sense) answer. Money is, after all, no use to a corpse(尸体). Yet economists often study something rather like the highwayman’s offer in an attempt to an uncover the answer to _____ important question: how much is your life actually worth?
Like ________many awkward questions, this is one ________ that has to be answered. Safety regulations save lives ________also raise the but cost of doing business, a cost we all pay through higher ________ (high) prices. Are they worth it? pay Our taxes ________ (pay) for life-saving spending on road safety and fire fighting. Are they ________ high enough or too high?
So how much are we willing to spend to save a life? A traditional planner’s approach used to be to measure the value of wages lost due to death or injury. That’s dreadful: it confuses with what I think my life is worth ________ what my boss thinks my life is worth.
(9) Suddenly all the lights on that crowded underground train went out. Then it stopped in that dark tunnel. We waited. We expected the But lights to come on again. ________nothing happened.
something Then I began to smell _____________. People around me then began to cry out in fear. “The train is on fire!” they cried. The woman suddenly ________ (stand) next to me ________ standing (sudden) fell on the floor. I realized she was overcome by the smoke. Then I saw flames appearing. “If something does not happen soon,” myself I said to ________, “I  will be burnt _________________ (burn) alive!” But as I stood there in the dark in that crowded burning train, I could see no way to escape. So I cried,
“God, if it is not my time to die, please help me!” on I heard a noise. It was ________my right hand side. I at once began to push my way where forward to ________ that noise came from. For two hours I kept walking in that dark train in tunnel. At last I saw a light ________ the distance. “Thank God!” I cried. “God must have a purpose for saving my life. He must other want me to help ________people experience what he could do for them.” I decided.
(10) A piece of my heart broke _______ on February 3, 2004. My grandfather passed away. My grandfather was involved in many different, exciting things. He was a man ________ did not waste his life at all. He who accomplished big and small tasks. I had ________very special relationship with him a __________he was the only grandparent I had because left in the family that I could remember. When I think of him many memories come flooding back.
My favorite memory of him is how no what matter ________I did, if I  _____________(sit) next to him, I was was sitting asking to be tickled to death. He absolutely loved teasing me about everything he could.
He was also a great-grandfather to my daughter, and he absolutely loved her. I was very lucky to have ________ (have) him spend time with her. If for it weren’t ________ all my grandparents I wouldn’t be lucky enough for the wonderful parents I have today. They are not only amazing extraordinary parents to me, but ________ (amaze) grandparents to my daughter. I do not have sad memories about my grandpa, only good ________. I loved him very much, and ones he will always be close to my heart.