It’s time to change Revision of Unit 5
What’s the meaning of change ?
Can you live without a mobile phone?
The cell phone change e the relationship between people
lose weight put on weight Don’t smoke drink
don’t stay up late
do more exercise
a balanced diet
join the fitness club be on a diet
pale weak fat thin sleepy ? angry What’s the meaning of change
---want to be different ---- get rid of your bad habits e.g. a better life a healthier life a more comfortable life
I enjoy reading. I like playing basketball. I’m keen on painting. I’m crazy about studying. I decide to join the fitness club
1.I’d like to __ _ (去划船) 2.I’m __keen __ __ (迷恋)on reading books. used to 3.Mary, you _ _(过去)be short, but now you are tall. used to do/be used to doing(习惯于) 4. I have decided to (decide) have a change since I came to vocational school. decide to to (绝定做…) 5. she wants to look slim. So she has to lose her weight (减肥) 6.The coach said that I should get rid of (去 除)my bad habits. 宾语从句
be keen on be crazy about
宾语从句分为三类。 1.以that引导的宾语从句。 如：I hear that you have passed the examination. Good luck! 2.以if 和whether引导的宾语从句。 如：I don't know if you can come tomorrow. 3.以连接代词或连接副词引导的宾语从句。 如：Please tell me how you can get here.
? 运用宾语从句要注意以下几点： ? 宾语从句的语序一定是陈述句语序。 ? 主句的谓语动词的时态如果是过去时态，宾语从句谓 语动词的时态要选用相应的过去某一种形式(一般过 去时、过去进行时、过去将来时、过去完成时)。 如果宾语从句表示的是客观真理，事实时，即使主 句是过去式，从句仍用一般现在时。
Could you tell me where is the post office? Could you tell me where the post office is?
Write down the teacher’s advice.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. “John “John “John “John “John needs to come to school on time.” has to finish his homework every day.” has to be on a diet and do more exercise.” must stop playing computer games.” needs to prepare for the final exam.”
1. The teacher thinks/says/advises that John should come to school on time. 2. The teacher says/advises that John should finish his homework everyday.
3. The teacher says/advises that John should be on a diet and do more exercise.
4. The teacher thinks/says/advises that John should stop playing computer games. 5. The teacher thinks/says/advises that John should prepare for the final exam.
the story of Jim.
Hello, I’m Jim, a middle school student. I used to play computer games and go to bed late. I often felt tired and fell
asleep in class. So I decided to have a change and joined a
health club. The coach advised me to do more outdoor activities and go to bed earlier. Now I am doing great and never feel tired. I hope I can be healthier and do better in exams.
1. We are sure that he ________ (go) to school tomorrow. 4. Our father said that he _______ (will) buy a new computer. 8. They thought they could _______ (hike) to the top of the mountain. 9. He was glad that so many people _____ (help) him. ? 10. She doesn’t know whether ________ (go) or wait. 1.will go 2.was 3. is 4.would 5.swam 6.works ? 7.had finished 8.hike 9.helped 10.to go