锡林郭勒职教中心 2012-2013 学年第二学期期中试卷 高一英语
I. 选择填空。(40 分) 1. I am not fond of ______ music very much, but I do like ______ music they are dancing to. A.不填; the C. the; 不填 A． To start with C．To m
ake matters worse A. break out C. break down A．turning out A. B. the; the D. 不填; 不填 B．To be honest with you D．To telling you the truth B. break up D. break off B．figuring out C．making out D．sorting out
2．________，I don't think we have a chance of winning.
3. If George keeps on working so hard, he’ll ______ sooner or later.
4．She is________ the newspapers to be thrown away and putting away the rest. 5. The dog had such ______ to its master that it would not leave him, even when he was dead. devotion B. attention C. protection D. invitation B. In addition to D. Such as C．jokes D．games 6. ______ the zoo, there are many other interesting places that you can go to visit in this city. A. As well C. In addition A．fun 8. China A. stresses A. B．fool
7． April 1st， westerners will play ________ on each other but make sure that no one is hurt. On the great importance to the ties with Germany, and always develops relation with B. plays C. underlines D. attaches B. in search of D. in need of B. receiving D. be received
Germany under the Five Principles of Peaceful Coexistence. 9. The company was named Gates Hall ______ a man named James Gates. in memory of C. with the help of A. being received
10. I am looking forward to ______ your answer as soon as possible. C. receive
11. —Who______ it be that is knocking at the door? —It ______ be Father, but I’m not sure. A. can; must C. can; may B. must; can D. may; must
12. —Why is Mr. Li so happy this morning? —Because he was honoured with a(n)______ for excellence in teaching. A. present B. gift C. reward D. award
13. We arranged to meet at 8:00, but she never ______. A. turn up — Of course. A. Will A. wait B. Shall B.to wait C. Would C. waiting B half of which D half of whom B. that C. in that D. the one that D. of them D. with which D. of which 21 paid any D. Do D.to be waiting 15..Missing the flight means _______ for another three hours. 16. There are more than 50 students in each class, ____ are girls. A and half of whom C half of them A. in which A. from which A. for which A. of that B. turn off C. turn over D. turn down 14. — The room is so dirty. ________ we clean it?
17. Is this the school ______ you studied ten years ago? 18. 1. I have many friends, _________some are businessmen. B. of whom B. by which B. which of C. who of C. in which C. of them 19. The couple felt most angry about the way ______ the waiter of the hotel treated them. 20. The factory produces half a million pairs of shoes every year, ____ 80% are sold abroad. II. 完形填空。( 40 分) He met her at a party. She was outstanding; many boys were after her, but appear 23 They drank. 27 22 , she went along. they sat in a nice coffee shop, he was too nervous to say anything.
attention to him. After the party, he invited her for coffee. She was surprised. In order not to 24 , he
asked the waiter, “Could you please give me some 26
? I’d like to put it in my coffee.”
at him. He turned red, but when the salt came, he put it in his coffee and 28
, she asked, “Why salt with coffee?” He 29 32 34 . 35 and my hometown. I 30 31
, “When I was a little boy, I
lived near the sea. I could feel it taste salty, like salty coffee. Now every time I drink coffee, I think of my his home and start of their it and my parents, who are still there.”
She was deeply touched. A man who can
that he’s homesick (想家的) must love
about his family. He must be
She talked too, about her faraway hometown, her childhood and her family. That was the They continued to not for the salty coffee! So they married and lived happily together. Every time she made coffee for him, she put in some salt, the way he liked it. After 40 years, he life-long 39 38 and left her a letter which said, “My dearest, please forgive my . Remember the first time we dated? I was so nervous that I asked for salt each other. She found that he met all her 37 36 . He was
tolerant (容忍的), kind, warm and careful.
to think she would have missed the catch if
instead of sugar. If I could live a second time, I hope we can be together again, means that I have to drink salty coffee for the rest of my life.” 21. A. anybody 22. A. ugly 24. 26. 23. A. Though A. Actually B. milk B. laughed B. argued B. friend B. feel B. admit B. care B. A. shouted 25. A. sugar B. somebody C. everybody D. nobody B. excited C. interested D. rude D. As C. Usually D. salt D. looked D. Tired D. claimed D. playmate D. drink D. realize D. worry D. flexible D. marriage D. respect D. deadlines D. But D. ran away D. mistake D. so that C. party C. write to C. Or C. truth C. as if A C. stared C. Curious C. explained C. childhood C. miss C. recognize C. know responsible B. love story B. date B. When B. joke B. now that C. intelligent D. Suddenly B. Gradually C. water B. Until C. Before
27. A. Frightened B. Moved 28. A. stated 29. A. boat 30. A. taste 31. A. afford 32. A. think 33. A. positive 34. A. salty coffee 35. A. encourage 36. A. requirements 37. A. And 38. A. passed away 39. A. lie 40. A. even if
B. challenges C. debts B. moved away
C. walked away
第二部分 阅读理解（30 分） In the 1880’s, Mark Twain established and operated his own publishing firm. He also became interested in various investments, especially an elaborate typesetting machine. He lost almost $200,000 in investments in the machine between 1881 and 1894. Also, his publishing company declared bankruptcy (破产) in April 1894. Thus, in January 1895, Mark Twain found himself publicly shamed by his inability to pay his debts.Mark Twain eventually recovered from his financial difficulties, through his continued writing and a successful lecture tour in 1895 and 1896. During this much-publicized tour, Twain lectured in such places as India, South Africa and Australia. By the time he returned, he had become an international hero. Twain enjoyed this attention, and his habits of smoking cigars or a pipe and wearing unconventional white suits contributed to his showy image. He also made use of his position as a public figure to criticize the US foreign policy. Although he was recovering from his financial problems by 1898, Mark Twain had begun to experience tragedy in his personal life. Susy, his oldest daughter, died of meningitis (脑膜炎) in 1896, while her parents and sister Clara were abroad. In 1903, Mark Twain sold the beloved house
in Hartford, which had become too closely associated with Susy's death. His wife, Olivia, who had developed a heart condition, died on June 5, 1904. His youngest daughter, Jean, died on Dec. 24, 1909. 41. Which is not the reason why Mark Twain found himself in debt? A. He lost almost $ 200 000 in investments in the machine between 1881 and 1894 B. Because his publishing firm bankruptcy. C. Because he devoted all his energy to his writings. D. Because he lost a large quantity of money in various investments. 42.How did Mark Twain pay off his debts? A. By borrowing money from the bank. B. By investing in foreign countries. C. By writing articles and a successful lecture tour. D. By printing his own articles and selling them for money. 43.It can be inferred that Mark Twain ________________. A．hated smoking cigars B。liked wearing black clothes C．hated the US foreign policy at that time D．hated giving lectures in the foreign countries B I went over my grandmother’s house today and she didn’t have time for me. You see, the lady’s husband downstairs died and my Grandmother wanted to make some cookies for her. My grandmother did not analyze how the lady treated her, or if the lady needed any cookies, or even if the lady would like the cookies. She didn’t think how much the lady has done for her. She simply began baking. My Grandmother turned 94 last week and this I believe is her secret to life. My grandmother is generous and hard-working in a way that is rare for our time. She lives by a simple belief: if someone needs your help, you help. Never mind all the analyzing and thinking whether the person deserves or appreciates the help. My grandmother doesn’t sit around thinking about who might be making use of her: she simply does what is needed. At 94, she is busy in life. She is making a blanket for a new great grandchild, and worried that I don’t have enough kitchen towels for my home. She is bringing soup to a sick neighbor, and teaching the new wife of her cousin (who is 88) how to cook Italian food. My grandmother had every right to give up, but she didn’t — and amazingly life did bring her good things, like a husband with twinkling blue eyes who was much ahead of his time and believed that men should do an equal amount of cooking and cleaning in the home, three beautiful children (my father and two aunts), 22 grandchildren, and five great grandchildren. My grandmother is not afraid to give someone she barely knows a bowl of soup. She never keeps herself out of the world. 44. The reason why my grandmother made cookies for the lady downstairs is that ________. A. she thought the lady was too busy B. she would make them as thanks to her
C. she thought she should do something for the lady at the special time D. they had had an agreement before 45 In the writer’s opinion, ________. A. my grandmother has a secret way of living B. my grandmother does everything on careful consideration C. my grandmother will get something in return D. few people are as generous as my grandmother now 46. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage? A. My grandmother cares for her children even some strangers. B. My grandfather does not treat women in an unfair way. C. This is a family in which there are nearly 30 people now. D. My grandmother never keeps everything for herself. 47.We may infer from the text that the writer ________. A. thinks his grandmother is living a tired life B. is proud of his grandmother C. thinks his grandmother should not be so kind D. thinks his grandmother is doing what she should do Ｃ The World Health Organization estimates that more than 4 million people die each year from the effects of smoking tobacco (烟草). That number is increasing. WHO officials expect 150 million people to die from tobacco use in the next twenty years. Seven in ten of those deaths will be in developing countries. These numbers are frightening. Yet people around the world continue to smoke. It is not easy to stop smoking. However, doctors say you will live longer if you do stop smoking. You will feel better and look better. You will also protect the health of family members who breathe in your smoke. The American Cancer Society says there is not just one right way to stop smoking. It says that one method or a unit of methods may be successful. These include attending self-help programs or following directions in a book. The group says any way to stop smoking that is legal, moral and effective is worth trying. This could include taking long walks or spending time in areas where smoking is not allowed. Also, you could eat a small piece of fruit instead of having a cigarette. The American Cancer Society says the sooner smokers stop smoking, the more they reduce their chances of getting cancer and other diseases. It says blood pressure returns to normal twenty minutes after a smoker smoking the last cigarette. Carbon monoxide (CO) gas levels in the blood return to normal after eight hours. In a day, the chances of a heart attack decrease. In a year, the risk of heart disease is half that of a smoker. 48. Most people who will die from smoking are from ____. A. big countries B. developing countries
C. small countries
D. developed countries
49. The author may hold the attitude that ______. A. people can easily give up smoking B. people will feel much better after giving up smoking C. it is not necessary for people to give up smoking forever D. it is hard to say whether it is good to give up smoking or not 50. According to the American Cancer Society, after smokers stop smoking, the quickest effect is that _________. A. the chances of having a heart attack get smaller B. blood pressure returns to normal C. carbon monoxide gas levels in the blood return to normal D. the risk of heart disease for a non-smoker is half that of a smoker 51. We can infer from the passage that________. A. WTO officials say that a person will live longer if he / she stops smoking B. no matter how hard you try it, it is worth doing that C. following any way can help you stop smoking D. the smoker can affect the health of his or her family members Ｄ Nearly half of all women in the United States suffer from increased stress during the holidays. One of the reasons is higher levels of comfort eating, drinking and other things that can lead to weight gain. It is not uncommon for people to eat for comfort when they feel sad, angry, hopeless, bored or lonely. According to a survey, one in four people in the United States agrees that “when I am feeling down or facing a problem, I turn to food to help me feel better.” Comfort eating and unhealthy drinking increases among men too, but is more common among women. Forty-one percent of women in the survey agree that they eat for comfort during the holidays. Among men, 25 percent report holiday-season comfort eating. Women still tend to do more of the planning, and more of the social and family organizing for the holidays. “Too true,” said Sissy McPhearson. “My husband and I both work, and normally we divide household tasks equally. But during the holidays he doesn’t care as much about decorating the house or wrapping presents or hosting dinners — so I end up doing it all even though I work full-time.” McPhearson says that the stress of preparing for holidays, plus more invitations to go out, makes it easier for many to reach out for that extra drink. “I go out a lot more now, maybe three or four nights a week，and have a couple of drinks. Usually I just go out maybe once a week,” she said. Among the healthier methods experts suggest to deal with the holiday stress are saying no to that serving of delicious roast beef, lasagna or chilled glass of white wine. A. 25%. B. 31%. C. 50% . D. 41%. . 52. How many women do holiday-season comfort eating according to the survey?
53. Who often do more of the family organizing during the holidays? A. The father. C. The parents. B. The children. D. The mother
54. People go out and have drinks probably because ________. A. they look forward to a new taste B. they have found a peaceful place to relax in C. of the cheap price of an extra drink D. someone invites them for dinner 55. How should women deal with “holiday stress” according to this passage? A. Go out to take invitations. B. Have more holidays. C. Go to the gym after the holidays. D. Eat less delicious beef and drink less white wine. 第二节：短文改错（满分 10 分） 假定英语课上英语老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改同桌写的作文。文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除和修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线划掉。 修改：在错词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1。每处错误及修改均仅限一词 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不记分。 I have been to only the few foreign places. Visit those places has made me eager to do even more traveling. There were so many places that I wish to visit, but at present I would like to seeing Hawaii above all. I have read many books and magazine about Hawaii, or I have even seen some films that were made there. To me Hawaii seem like heaven on earth. I can imagine himself swimming in the clear sea water as freely as fish. I can not imagine myself lying relaxed under tree in a beautiful beach watching the setting sun. IV. 书面表达 （20 分） 为了丰富学生的生活， 学生会将举办一次音乐周活动。 请以组织者的身份写一个书面通 知，有关内容如下： 时间：5 月第一周 活动：1. 演唱歌曲：流行歌曲。 2. 器乐演奏：古典和民间音乐。 3. 音乐比赛：听歌曲片段，然后猜出处。 地点：届时通知。参加者请于 4 月 20 日前报名。 注意：1. 书面通知应写成一篇连贯的短文。 2. 可以适当增减细节。 3. 词数：不少于 60。 4. 通知格式已写好。 5. 提示：古典：classical 民间：folk 乐器：musical instruments 比赛：contest 报名：sign up 参加：take part i
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I have been to only the few foreign places. Visit those places has made me eager to do even more traveling. There were so many places that I wish to visit, but at present I would like to seeing Hawaii above all. I have read many books and magazine about Hawaii, or I have even seen some films that were made there. To me Hawaii seem like heaven on earth. I can imagine himself swimming in the clear sea water as freely as fish. I can not imagine myself lying relaxed under tree in a beautiful beach watching the setting sun.