必修 1 Ⅰ. 单词拼写 1. I have come to be interested in Chinese __________(文学) recently since I read several famous Chinese novels. 2. Accepting this job is a bit __________ (挑战性的)for
me, because it needs great patience and much experience. 3. In China many students are forced by their parents to be given __________ (额 外的)lessons after school like art lessons. 4. I have never __________ (经历) such a painful feeling in my life. 5. The thief __________ (挣扎)to escape, but failed. 6. Everyone in our class is making __________ (准备)for the final examinations. 7. The song written by the artist will be __________ (播放) at CCTV, which I dare say will be popular soon among people. 8. The teacher has __________ (赞成)of our suggestion. We can put it into practice very soon. 9. The company had been __________ (管理) by the twins before it was in the charge of my uncle. 10. __________ (选择) a mobile phone for personal use is no easy task because technology is changing so rapidly. 11. On __________ (平均), 80% of senior high school students enjoy popular music. 12. Although Tom is very young, he __________ (赚) as much as $20, 000 a month. Ⅱ. 单项填空 1. Going to _______ British high school for one year was _______ very enjoyable and exciting experience for me. A. /; / B. a; a C. the; a D. a; the Unit 1
2. In our class there were 28 students. This is about the _______ size for British schools. A. common B. usual C. general D. average
3. I _______ my time in the UK with _______, and I really hope to go back and study in Manchester again. A. look back on；satisfaction B. look up to；satisfaction C. look out for；regrets D. look forward to；regrets 4. Please keep me _______ any trouble you have _______ him into declining the invitation. A. informing; talking C. informed; talking B. informed of; to talk D. informed of; in talking
5. ［2012 泉州模拟］_______ the flight to Australia will be delayed is _______ I’m especially worried about. A. If; what C. When; that B. Whether; that D. Whether; what
6. ［2012 宁波模拟］_______ their arrival in Australia, Sir Joseph Banks and his team were amazed _______ the exotic plants and set out to record and collect them instantly. A. On；at C. With；about B. At；by D. Upon；for
7. ［2012 长沙模拟］All her time _______ experiments, she has no time for films. A. devoted to do C. devoting to doing B. devoted to doing D. is devoted to doing
8. It is known to all that every minute _______ full use of _______ the lessons will benefit students a great deal. A. which makes; studying B. when made; to study C. that made; to study D. when is made; studying 9. ［2012 南通模拟］_______ to our surprise, he went over all his notes in such a short time, _______ for the next day’s examination.
A. Very; preparing B. Much; prepared C. Greatly; to be prepared D. Rather; being prepared 10. _______ this may sound like a simple process, great care is needed. A. Since B. Once C. Though D. Unless
11. ［2012 福州模拟］That company was willing to provide us with _______ what we need, which made us excited. A. no more than C. other than B. more than D. less than
12. The more exercise you take in your spare time, _______ it will do to you. A. the better C. the more well B. the best D. the more good
13. UNESCO officially _______ Chengdu to join its “Creative Cities Network”, making it the second city in the world and the first city in Asia. A. adopted C. admitted B. appointed D. approved
14. ［2012 湘潭模拟］—How much did the guy _______ you to fix your 3G mobile phone? —I don’t remember, but it was quite a lot. A. cost C. charge B. spend D. take
15. ［2012 合肥模拟］A truly creative person is able to _______ with fresh ideas from a story told time after time. A. come on C. come up Ⅲ. 阅读理解 (A) Recently, online high schools in America have sparked(激 发)a debate about whether or not taxpayers’(纳税人的)money B. come along D. come out
should be used to support online education. Online schools receive the same amount of funding as all other public schools, even though they don’t have to pay for rent or school equipment. States should use their educational funds to improve education at real schools, not to support online programs. Some students only use online classes to supplement(补充) their school work. They benefit from the social experience of a traditional high school, while still taking online courses. However, about 90 thousand students in America receive their education only from online schools. 50 thousand of these students take courses at Florida Virtual School, the largest online school in the country. While this method of schooling helps students who live in distant areas, most school systems are upset that they are losing more students each year to these online programs. Although online learning allows children to work at their own pace, these online schools have only one teacher per several hundred students. Often, teachers can’t give struggling students the help they need as they are unable to talk face-to-face with them, to find exactly what they’re having difficulty with. Additionally, even though online schooling accommodates(顾及)students who live in more distant areas, students in online programs may suffer in social situations because they will not learn valuable communication skills from their schooling. Similar to students who are home schooled, those who take only online classes won’t learn social etiquette(礼节), and will be treated differently by their peers(同 龄人). Online schooling might be useful for places where there are not enough students for a real school, such as agricultural regions, but states should only spend taxpayers’ money on online schools in extreme cases. 1. What is the passage mainly about? A. Whether students should study at online schools. B. Whether online schools should be allowed to exist. C. Whether taxpayers should pay for online schools. D. Whether traditional schools should be replaced.
2. According to the passage, online schooling _________. A. is helpful to students living in distant areas B. allows students to work together C. makes it possible for students to get immediate help D. develops students’ critical thinking 3. According to Paragraph 5, the author worries that students at online schools _________. A. might lose interest in learning B. would play online games C. could not receive teachers’ help D. could not become fully developed 4. What is the author’s attitude? A. Taxpayers should not pay for online schools at all. B. Taxpayers should pay more for online schools than for real schools. C. Taxpayers’ money should be spent on online schools conditionally. D. Taxpayers should support online schools in different ways. (B) Michelle Obama has just started a campaign against childhood obesity(肥胖)with the admission that she put her girls Malia and Sasha on a diet because they were getting fat. Clearly，childhood obesity must be solved urgently. But is it a good idea for mothers to put their daughters on diets? Studies show that the more children diet，the more likely they are to become obese as adults. Research also shows that girls are highly influenced by their mothers when it comes to eating habits and body image. This was the case for Carly，40，who blames her mother for her lifelong struggle with weight. “My mother was on a diet the whole time I was growing up，”she says. “And she put me on my first diet when I was 10. I lost puppy fat，gained her approval and never ate normally again. ”
America’s First Lady clearly has a vital healthy eating message to deliver. But could this be damaging for Malia and Sasha? disorders(失调)because of it? “It’s wrong just to blame mothers for their daughters’ eating Could they develop eating
disorders，”says Susan Ringwood，chief executive of the eating disorders charity， Beat. “There is a genetic(基因的)component to eating disorders. However，we do know that parents have a very strong influence over a child’s eating. It’s important to realize that you are your daughter’s role model. ”says Ringwood. “No food should ever be ‘good’ or ‘bad’，”Ringwood says. Instead，“You have to make it clear that food is a sociable，healthy and fun part of life，not something to be feared. ” “Talk to her about body image，”Ringwood says. “Talk about how curves are an important and exciting part of being a woman. Show her that anorexic( 厌 食 的 )fashion models are not beautiful ， but ill. The pressure on girls today is heavy，”she says. “But don’t forget that you are the authoritative(权威的)voice， too. ” 5. Michelle Obama has started a campaign to _______. A. solve childhood obesity across the country B. attract the attention of the world C. show her first lady identity D. please the public 6. The author mentions Carly in Paragraph 3 to show that _______. A. mothers have a great influence on girls’ eating habits B. the more you diet，the more weight you will put on C. mothers are to blame for the unbalanced diet D. side effects of dieting are hard to avoid when it comes to eating habits and body image. 7. According to Ringwood，_______. A. food is considered something fearful B. food can be recognized as“good”or“bad”
C. only slim mothers are role models of their daughters D. eating disorder has something to do with genetic component 8. It can be concluded that _______. A. eating disorder always goes hand in hand with being slim B. girls are more concerned about body shapes than boys C. daughters tend to have a lifelong struggle with weight D. the author is against children’s dieting
答案解析 Ⅰ. 答案：1. literature 2. challenging 3. extra 4. experienced 6. preparations average 7. broadcast 8. approved 9. run 5. struggled 11.
Ⅱ. 1. 【解析】选 B。go to school 意为“上学”，但此处的 high school 指的是英国的 一所高中，应用不定冠词；experience 作“经验”时为不可数名词，此处表示“经历”， 为可数名词表泛指。 2. 【解析】选 D。句意：我们班里有 28 名学生，这大约是英国学校的一般规模。common 共同的，常见的；usual 通常的；general 大体的；average 平均的，一般的。 3. 【解析】选 A。句意：我回忆在英国的时光很满意，而且我真希望有朝一日能重返曼彻 斯特，并在那里学习。look back on 回顾；回忆；look up to 尊敬；look out for 小心； look forward to 盼望。satisfaction 满意；regret 遗憾。 4. 【解析】选 D。考查固定结构。句意：请让我随时了解你在劝说他拒绝邀请上遇到的困 难。keep sb. informed of 使某人了解??；have trouble (in) doing sth. 做某事有困 难。 5. 【解析】选 D。考查名词性从句。whether 引导主语从句，what 引导表语从句，作 about 的宾语。句意：飞往澳大利亚的航班是否会被延迟是我特别担心的。 【变式备选】 ［2012 北京模拟］_________we go there by train or by ship makes no difference. The time and the fees are the same.
【解析】选 C。句意：我们是乘火车还是坐船去那没有什么区别。所花费的时间和费用都是 一样的。whether 和 or 搭配使用，意为“无论是??还是??”。 6. 【解析】选 A。on/upon + n. 表示“一??就??”；be amazed at. . . 对??感到 惊奇。句意：一到达澳大利亚，约瑟夫·班克斯先生和他的队伍就对这些奇异的植物感到吃 惊不已，并立即开始记录和收集它们。 7. 【解析】选 B。考查独立主格结构。All her time 和 devote 形成被动关系，故用过去分 词形式。变为从句是 Because all her time is devoted to doing experiments, she has no time for films. 。 【变式备选】 ［2012 盐城模拟］ —Your sister _________ almost all her spare time to studying when she was in high school. —That’s right, or she _________ great success in the College Entrance Examination. A. devoted; wouldn’t have achieved B. spent; wouldn’t have achieved C. devoted; hadn’t achieved D. hadn’t spent; couldn’t achieve 【解析】选 A。考查短语和虚拟语气。devote time to doing sth. 花时间做某事，spend 不和 to 搭配；or 后的句子是虚拟，or 意为“否则”，主句对过去的情况进行虚拟，故应用 would have done 结构。 8. 【解析】选 B。句意：众所周知，当每一分钟都被充分利用来学习功课，将会使学生受 益匪浅。从句中 every minute 是主语，will benefit 是谓语动词；中间插入了时间状语， when 后省略了 it is，to study the lessons 表示目的，不是作 make use of 的宾语。 9. 【解析】选 B。句意：让我们感到很吃惊的是，他在这么短时间里浏览完了他的所有的 笔记，为第二天的考试做好了准备。prepared for 是形容词短语作状语，表状态。 【变式备选】 He went over his notes again and again, ________ for the next day’s examination. A. preparing C. to be prepared B. prepared D. being prepared
【解析】选 A。这里的 prepare for 是指“正在为??做准备”，和主语形成主动关系。句
意：他一遍又一遍地复习他的笔记，为明天的考试做准备。 10. 【解析】选 C。考查连词。句意：虽然这听起来是一个很简单的程序，但还是需要非常 的谨慎。though 虽然；since 既然；once 一旦；unless 除非。 11. 【解析】选 B。more than“不仅仅”，符合句意，即：那家公司愿意为我们提供超过 我们需要的东西，这让我们很激动。no more than“仅仅；至多”；other than“除了”； less than 少于。 【变式备选】 ［2012 抚州模拟］ It takes _________ money to help those who have suffered in the tsunami in Japan on March 11th; it also takes love. A. more than C. rather than B. other than D. less than
【解析】选 A。考查词语辨析。句意：三月十一日遭受海啸之灾的日本人不仅需要钱财，还 需要爱心。more than“不仅仅”；other than“除了”； rather than“而不是”； less than“少于”。 【知识拓展】如何掌握 more than 类似的短语 1. no more than=only 仅仅(强调数量少)，只不过。例如： She is no more than an ordinary worker but she has invented a lot of new machines. 她只不过是一个普通的工人，然而她却发明了许多新机器。 2. not more than 至多，不超过，不比??更(陈述事实)。例如： The experiment was done by not more than five people. 做这个实验的人至多五个。(强调事实) 3. more. . . than. . . 不是??而是??；与其说??倒不如说?? 例如： It was more a command than a question. 这不是提问，而是一个命令。 12. 【解析】 D。句意为：你在业余时间锻炼得越多， 选 它对你的好处就越大。 由句型“the+ 比较级，the+比较级”可知答案。 13. 【解析】选 D。句意：联合国教科文组织正式批准成都加入“创意城市网络”，使得它 成为世界上第二个，亚洲第一个这样的城市。approve 批准；adopt 采纳，收养；appoint 任命；admit 承认。 14. 【解析】选 C。考查动词辨析。句意：——这个家伙给你修 3G 手机要你多少钱？——
我忘了，但是相当多。cost 花费；spend 花费；charge 向??索费；take 需要。根据句意 可知答案选 C。 15. 【解析】选 C。句意：一个真正有创意的人能够从不断重复的故事中提出新意。come up with 提出，想出。come on 加油，进行；come along 发生；进展；come out 出现，显露； 出版，发表。 Ⅲ. 1. 【解析】选 C。主旨大意题。本文讨论的是纳税人是否应该承担资助网上学校的义 务。 依据主要在第一段即纳税人该不该承担资助网上学校激起了广泛的争议， 和最后一段作 者阐述了自己的观点。 2. 【解析】选 A。细节理解题。由第三段最后一句 While this method of schooling helps students who live in distant areas. . . 可知网上教学为那些偏远地区的学生提供了帮 助。 3. 【解析】选 D。推理判断题。第五段讲的是在网上学校学习的学生容易缺乏交际、礼仪 等方面的社会知识，D 项说法与此一致。 4. 【解析】选 C。推理判断题。作者并非完全反对纳税人承担资助网上学校的义务，在最 后一段作者提出，税收只应该支持那些情况特殊的网上学校。C 项说法与此一致。 5. 【解析】选 A。细节理解题。由文章第一句 Michelle Obama has just started a campaign against childhood obesity. . . 可知答案。 6. 【解析】选 A。细节理解题。这个例子是为了论证第二段的观点，即 girls are highly influenced by their mothers。 7. 【解析】选 D。细节理解题。由倒数第三段的 There is a genetic component to eating disorders. 可知答案。A、B 两项与 Ringwood 所说正好相反，文章只说母亲对女儿都有影 响，而并非只是 C 项所说。 8. 【解析】 D。 选 主旨大意题。 文章第二段的. . . the more children diet， more likely the they are to become obese as adults. 就表明了作者的意见。