I Choose the best answer.
1. he met with the difficulty did he realize the importance of our help． A．Even though B．Never until C．Only before D．Ever since 2．My mother is always warning me
when l go out，“Don't get off the bus it is stopping.” A．until B．before C．while D．after 3. ——Take a cigarette, please. ——No, thanks. It?s three years I smoked. A. before B. since C. after D. when 4．I have realized the truth from my life story that suffering kills you, it makes you stronger. A．though B．before C．if D．unless 5. . ----Are you sure that he is able to do the work well? ---- _______ he could give his mind to it. A. In case B. If only C. On condition that D. Unless 6. We must take measures to protect endangered wildlife___ it is too late. A. now that B. as long as C. unless D. before 7. If you want to do the experiment again, you?d better be more careful ____ you made a mistake. A. when B. why C. where D. in case 8． he said was right to her and that was why she decided to marry him happened. A．No matter that; no matter that B．Whatever; whichever C．No matter what; no matter what D．Whatever; whatever 9．—The thread of my kite broke and it flew away． —I told you it would easily break it was the weakest． A．when B．there C．that D．where 10． You can, the sky is clear, see as far as the old temple on top of the mountain, but not today. A．when B．where C．though D．because 11．--- Will you go to Tom's birthday party tomorrow? --- No, _____ invited to. A. if B. until C. when D. even though 12. The famous scientist was going out _____ he found himself surrounded by lots of young people. A. when B. before C. while D. after 13.______life in a new country can be difficult, it can broadcast a person?s view of the world. A. If B. As C. Because D. While 14. It was five o?clock in the afternoon ____they arrived at the hotel. A. since B. before C. that D. when 1-5 BCBDB 6-10 DCDDA 11-14 DABD II Puzzle： 1) There is a thing that is the first to pity and the last to help. 2) I am the beginning of sorrow, and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me; yet I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk, yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun, but I am never out of darkness. 3) My first is nothing but a name; My second still more small; My whole of so much smaller fame, It has no name at all.
4) If the English alphabet goes from A to Z, what goes from Z to A?
答案： I.字谜：1) The letter P 2)The letter S 3)Nameless 4) Zebra
现在完成时 强调过去完成的动作对现在的影响。 例：-Would you like to have lunch with me ？ -I have had it. 意思是说我吃过，不能跟你一起去了。 现在完成进行时 I have been doing it for years. 我已经做了几年了。 说明这个行动没有断过，现在还在做。 注意：有些表示状态、感情、感觉的动词如：have, exist, like, hate, hear, know, sound 等 不能用于现在完成进行时，但可用于现在完成时。如： They have known each other since 1970. 自从 1970 年起他们就相互认识了。
[练一练] 用所给动词的适当时态填空。 1. Rita ____________ (talk) to Josh on the phone many times. 2. Jim ____________ (know) Jane for two years. 3. A: I?m tired. We ____________ (walk) for more than an hour. Let?s stop and rest for a while. B: Okay. 4. A: Is the post office far from here? B: Not at all. I ____________ (walk) there many times. 5. It?s 5:00. Carl ____________ (play) basketball. Carl ____________ (begin) to play basketball at 4:00. He ____________ (play) basketball for an hour. They will continue. He ____________ (play) basketball since 4:00. Key: 1. has talked 2. has known 3. have been walking 4. have walked 5. is playing; began; has been playing; has been playing 第二题：填入以下单词的正确形式 1. Joe goes out. Five minutes later, the phone rings and the caller says? Would you like sth. to eat ??You say: No, thank you. I______________________(have). 2. Maria_______________________(learn) English for two years. 3. Why _____________________(you/look) at me like that ? Stop it! 4. You are going to a restaurant this evening. You phone to reserve a table. Later your friend says ?Shall I phone to reserve a table ?? You say: No, ______________ it(do). 5. ?Is Ann on holiday this week ?? ?No, she_____________________(work).? 6. Hello, Tom. I __________________(look) for you all morning. Where have you been ? 现在完成时与现在完成进行时练习篇 A Complete the following sentences with the right form of the verbs given. 1. You know, I ________ (look) for a job for three months, and this is my first formal interview. 2. My sister ________ (stay) in Beijing for three months last year.
3. The little boy is dirty all over because he ________ (play) in the mud all the morning. 4. I ________ (wonder) if you were free this afternoon. 5. Here he is! We ________ (wait) anxiously for him since last night. B. Make the best choices. 1. — I?m sure Andrew will win the first prize in the final. — I think so. He ________ for it for months. (2008 江苏) A. is preparingB. was preparing C. had been preparing D. has been preparing 2. By the time he realizes he ____ into a trap, it?ll be too late for him to do anything about it. A. walks B. walked C. has walked D. had walked 3. So far this year we _______ a fall in house prices by between 5 and 10 percent. A. saw B. see C. had seen D. have seen 4. Cathy is taking notes of the grammatical rules in class at Sunshine School, where she ______ English for a year. A. studies B. studied C. is studying D. has been studying 5. Danny _________ hard for long to realize his dream and now he is popular. A. works B. is working C. has worked D. had worked 6. —I have got a headache. —No wonder. You_________ in front of that computer too long. A. work B. are working C. have been working D. worked 7. The unemployment rate in this district_______ from 6% to 5% in the past two years. A. has fallen B. had fallen C. is falling D. was falling 8. Now that she is out of job, Lucy ___ going back to school，but she hasn?t decided yet. A. had considered B. has been considering C. considered D. is going to consider 9. —______ you ______ him around the museum yet? —Yes. We had a great time there. A. Have ; shown B. Do ; show C. Had; shown D. Did; show 10. —Hi, Tracy，you look pale. —I am tired. I _______ the living room all day. A. painted B. had painted C. have been painting D. have painted 本期答案：二： 1. had have lunch. 2. has been learning 3. are you looking 4. I?ve already done 5. is working 6. have been looking Key： A. 1. are→have been 2. have been drinking→have drunk 3. have→had 4. Have you done→Did you do 5. come→came 6. didn't seen→hasn't seen 7. passed→have passed B. 1. have been looking 2. stayed 3. has been playing/ has played 4. wondered 5. have been waiting C. 1-5 DCDDC 6-10 CABAC
81. I used to drink a lot of tea but these days I _____ coffee. A. prefer B. preferred C. have preferred D. am preferring 82. — Was the driving pleasant when you went to Mexico last summer? — No, it ____ for four days when we arrived, so the roads were very muddy. A. was raining B. had been raining C. would be raining D. rained 83. The vegetables didn?t taste very good. They ____ too long. A. had been cooked B. were cooked C. had cooked D. cooked 84. — Remember the first time we met, Jim? — Of course I do. You ____ in the library. A. were reading B. had read C. have read D. read 85. I want to buy that kind of cloth because I ____ the cloth ____ well. A. have told； washes B. have been told； washes C. was told； washed D. have been told； is washed 86. — What were you up to when your parents came in? — I ____ for a while and ____ some reading. A. was playing； was going to do B. played； did C. had played； was going to do D. had played； did 87. — Sorry, I forget to post the letter for you. — Never mind, _____ it myself tonight. A. I?m going to post B. I?ve decided to post C. I?ll post D. I?d rather post 88. I should very much like to have gone to that party of theirs, but _____. A. I?m not invited B. I was not invited C. I have not been invited D. I had not been invited 89. — Is Tom still smoking? — No. By next Saturday he ____ for a whole month without smoking a single cigarette. A. will go B. will have gone C. will have been D. has been going 90. All but one _____ take part in the conference ＿＿ tomorrow. A. is going to that is to take place B. are going to that is about to take place C. are going to that is to be taken place D. are going to； which is to be held 91. — Are you a visitor? — Yeah. I ____ round the world and now my dream of coming to China ____ true. A. have traveled；has come B. was traveling had been come C. am traveling；has come D. have traveled；has been come 92. —____ Betty this morning? — Not yet, but she is sure to be here before noon. A. Have you seen B. Will you see C. Do you see D. Did you see 93. Jim talked for about half an hour yesterday. Never ____ him talk so much. A. I heard B. did I hear C. I had heard D. had I heard 94. The children ____ very quiet；I wonder what they ____ up to. A. were； are being B. are being；are C. are；do D. are being；do 95. — Look at the black clouds. It ____ soon. — Sure. If only we ____ out. A. is raining； didn?t come B. is to rain； won?t start C. will rain； haven?t started D. is going to rain； hadn?t come 96. He _____ articles for our wall-newspaper these three years, and he _____ about forty articles. A. has been writing； has written B. has been writing； wrote
C. is writing； has been writing D. has written； has written 97. She _____ to the office than she got down to writing the report. A. has no sooner got B. had hardly got C. no sooner got D. had no sooner got 98. When he was alive, the old scientist used to say that knowledge ____ from practice and he gained his experience by doing a lot of practical work. A. was coming B. had come C. comes D. would come 99. In this experiment, they are woken up several times during the night, and asked to report what they _____. A. had just been dreaming B. are just dreaming C. have just been dreaming D. had just dreamt 100. — What?s the matter? — The shoes don?t fit properly. They _____ my feet. A. are hurting B. will hurt C. have hurt D. are hurt 81—85 ABAAB 86—90 CCBBD 91—95 a Abd dadcaa 96—100 ADCCA
Handout 3 I 完型填空。 At the age of 2, Tai Lihua lost her hearing after a fever. She did not realize she was 50 from other children until she was 7 when she was sent to a 51 school for the deaf and mute. To a little girl who once 52 a beautiful voice, this 53 was almost fatal. She was driven into a deep depression and spent all her time alone. But a music class at the special school totally changed her life. “Our teacher 54 a drum on the floor and I could feel rhythmic vibration (震动) passing under my feet over the floor,” Tai said when remembering her childhood. She was totally fascinated by the vibration and bent 55 the floor to press her face and hands and even her 56 body to the floor to feel the vibration and rhythm. Dance and rhythm have become her lifelong friends since then. In the following years, whenever she saw dance performances on TV, Tai would like to press her face 57 to the loudspeaker to feel the rhythms of different beats. When she was 15, she was 58 by the China Disabled People?s Performing Art Troupe (剧团), an unofficial troupe for special art founded in 1987. She was chosen as a dancer and began to receive 59 dance training. Tai made dance her form of expression through 60 and hard work. “The only way for me to learn dancing is to remember, repeat, and remember again, 61 I can feel that a band is alongside me and can play music for me at any time,” said Tai. In her eyes, dance is visible and colorful music and a beautiful language to express her inner world. The persistence and hard work 62 . She became one of the best dancers of the troupe. Along with other members, she has visited over 50 countries and performed in all the world?s leading theaters, 63 New York?s Carnegie Hall and Milan?s La Scala Theater. In 2000, a huge poster of her dance The Soul of the Peacock was 64 in Carnegie Hall, the first time this had been done for a Chinese performer. 50. A. unusual B. different C. uncommon D. unique
51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64.
A. special A. produced A. ambition A. hit A. toward A. entire A. roughly A. selected A. national A. strong will C. unfortunate fate A. while A. turn off A. included A. posted
B. primary B. occupied B. realization B. knocked B. above B. all B. toughly B. elected B. traditional
B. until B. put off B. containing B. published
C. peculiar C. owned C. recognition C. struck C. on C. whole C. closely C. invited C. educational B. born gift D. colorful music C. as soon as C. took off C. just like C. performed
D. music D. formed D. intention D. beat D. over D. total D. nearly D. touched D. professional
D. as long as D. paid off D. such as D. staged
Keys: BACBD DCCAD 阅读理解：
A E-mail systems at thousands of companies and government offices around the world were attacked by a virus called “Mellissa” that disguises itself as “important message” from a friend. Even though there was a weekend warning, more than 50000 companies at about 100 places around the world have been attacked by the virus, computer experts said on Monday. The virus began to show up last Friday and spread rapidly the next first workday by making computers send off dozens of e-mails containing the virus. Although the virus had no long-lasting damage to a computer, its effects were far-reaching. Michael Vatis, a senior US official said military and government computers were damaged, along with thousands of the other institution?s systems. The body of e-mail message says, “here is what you ask for---“once the user opens it, the virus digs into the user?s address book and sends out messages to the first 50 address. The reason why the virus spreads so rapidly is that you?re getting it from people you know and trust. So anyone who gets an unexpected e-mail with the “Important Message” subject line is advised not to open it and to delete it immediately. 68. After reading the article we know that the virus attacked thousands of computers on ______. A. Monday B. Saturday C. Friday D. the first day of the month 69. The virus spreads rapidly because _________. A. it makes computers work without stop B. it carries a word “Important Message” C. it digs into the user?s address book and sends out messages to the first 50 addresses D. it attacks military and government offices. 70. The underlined word “disguises” in the first paragraph means _______. A. discover B. cover C. paint D. notice 71. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A. The computer attacked by the virus won?t work properly. B. Thousands of computers were attacked by the virus one by one. C. The “Important Message” carries important message from a friend
D. Any computer with an e-mail system will be attacked by the virus. 72. Which of the following is the best title for this article? A. Stop Using Your Computers B. “Important Message” Is A Virus C. Message From Friends Contains Virus D. Virus Strikes Hard And Fast B Every year, more and more students become volunteers. The projects may be with their school, neighborhood, or town, but the work of all volunteers is important. Students find that there are many advantages to volunteering. First, volunteering helps others. Many people complain about problems in our society. Volunteers are part of the solution to our problems! While it is easy to complain about things that are not right, the volunteer takes action rather than complaining. When a student spends time working at a retirement (退休) home, cleaning up a park, or teaching a younger student, the volunteer makes the world a better place. Second, being a volunteer makes students feel good about themselves. When a student volunteer knows that his or her efforts have made someone else?s life better, the volunteer feels great. Students always hear people saying that everyone should care about other people. Volunteers make it happen. Although some volunteer work is long or tiring, student volunteers end the day knowing they did the right thing. Their parents, teachers, and the public are proud of them. Knowing they did the right thing makes them feel better, even if they are tired. Finally, students learn that volunteering is fun. A group of students might volunteer to clean up a riverbed in early spring. It is fun to be with their friends, to enjoy the weather, and to picnic later in a beautiful, clean area. Other students might read to young children in a playgroup. It is fun to spend time with children and to have them smile and laugh. No matter what their ages or talents are, every student can be a volunteer. The work of student volunteers is a powerful force that makes the world a better place. 73. The tile of this passage is ________. A. Free-time Jobs B. Daily Activities C. School Life D. Volunteer Work 74. The writer really wants to say that ___________. A. volunteering helps society as well as volunteers themselves B. it is fun to spend time volunteering in a pre-school C. some people complain instead of taking action D. some volunteer work is long and tiring 75. According to the passage, how are volunteers different from other people? A. They never complain. B. They always feel great. C. They take actions. D. They enjoy teaching. 68—70 ACB 71—75 ADDAC
II Translation 1、 他在实验中多次失败，但他相信失败是成功之母。 He has failed in his experiments many times, but he believes that failure is the mother of success. 2、 众所周知，成功来自勤奋，不努力则一事无成。 As we all know, success comes from hard work, without efforts nothing can be done. It is known to all that success results from diligence; without efforts nothing can be achieved.
3、 他们应从这件事中吸取教训，玩火者必自焚。 They should learn a lesson from this incident; he who plays with fire will surely get burnt. 4、 这个地区的经济发展很快，可是某些市民的素质还不尽如人意。 Although the economy in this area is developing rapidly, the qualities of some citizens are still not satisfactory. 5、 当时，那位出租车司机别无选择，只能求助与游客。 At the time, the taxi driver had no choice but to turn to the tourists/traveler( for help).