短语翻译： Unit 1
1.与一致,相同 2.反对 3.沮丧 4.使人开眼界 5.生下 6.回忆,回顾 7.不久后 8.远离,远远不 9.使…复活 10.不时,偶尔 11.赞成 12.注定,一定 13.成功,有回报 14.尽管 15.满意
1.人口有… 2.似乎是,可能是 3.通过,借助 4.大多数的 5.定居
6.一小部分的 7.使人想起 8.把..与…混合 9.显然,似乎 10.出租 11.与人合作 12.许多 13.包括,吸收 14.到…时候为止 15.想要,感觉像
have a population of 1.人口有… It is likely\possible \probab 2.似乎是,可能是 that .. 3.通过,借助 by means of 4.大多数的 the majority of 5.定居 settle in\down 6.一小部分的 a small percentage of 7获得独立 gain independence 8第一个到达 the first to arrive make a life 9习惯 新生活 keep up the culture 10沿袭文化
At the beginning of..
In the beginning,\To begin wit
declare war on..
of one’s own
on one’s own\by oneself
16。。。的混合 a mixture of 17家园 1818世纪早期 be home to .. In the early 18th century,
Achieve the dream of becoming rich Before long, Long before…
1.Write on the as many of the following as you can map . Exactly when 2. the first people arrived in What we now know as California ,no one really knows. it is likely that Native 3.However, Americans at least were living in California 15,000 years ago. 4.Scientists believe that these settlers crossed the Bering Strait in the to Arctic America which existed in by means ofa land bridge the prehistoric . time
5.Today there are more Native Americans living in . California than in any other state . 6. That is why today over 40% of Californians speak Spanish as a first or second language. By the time 7. Caliafornia elected to become the31st federal state of the USA in 1850,it was already a multicultural society .
It is believed that 8. the mix融合 of nationalities will be so great that there will be no distinct major racial or cultural groups but simply a mixture of .many races and cultures.
have a population of … 1.人口是… 2.似乎是,可能是 It is likely /possible/probable that… 3.通过,借助 by means of … 4.大多数的 the majority of… settle in 加宾语/down 5.定居 6.一小部分的… a small percentage of… occur to sb. /It occurs to sb. that…. 7.使人想起 8.把..与…混合 mix …with /and … 9.显然，似乎 It is apparent that … 10.出租 for hire/rent 11.与人合作 team up with … a great many 12.许多 take in 13.包括,吸收到 14.到…时候为止 by the time… 15.想要,感觉像 feel like
1.与一致,相同 be identical to /with object to doing /have an objection to 2.反对 be cast down 3.沮丧 4.使人开眼界 open one’s eyes to sth. 5.生下 give birth to … look back on /to … 6.回忆,回顾 7.不久后 shortly after 8.远离,远远不 be a long way from doing bring …back to life 9.使…复活 from time to time 10.不时,偶尔 11.赞成 be in favor of 12.注定,一定 be bound to do… 13.成功,有回报 pay off 14.尽管 despite /in spite of … 15.满意 with satisfaction /be satisfied/happy/pleased with
1.Your letter reminded me of those pleasant days when we worked together. I _______ ____ on/to _____those pleasant days when looked back we worked together. 2. That he didn’t attend the meeting surprised us. His absence ____ __________ from _____ the meeting surprised us.
3. At the beginning， we had little support， but later on people began to support us.
____ _____ ____， we had little support， but later To start with on people began to support us. ____ At ______,we…. first
4. In this way, he has begun his own private telephone service. By ______ this means ___ _______,he has begun his own private telephone service. 5.George replaced Edward as captain. George ______ took ____ the ______ place _____ of Edward as captain. was in place of 6. He is never discouraged by difficulties. He is never ______ by difficulties. cast _________ down 7.I do not doubt of your success. There ___ is ___ no ________ doubt that you will succeed. _______ 8.Your advice is of great benefit to me . very ___________ beneficial ____ to me. Your advice is _____
9. They seemed ________ each other for a long time. D
A. knowing C. having known B. to know D. to have known
C 10. My uncle is considering ________ his health.
A. improve B. to improve
C 11.Can you tell me _____?
D. to be improved
A. whom does this dictionary belong to B. whom this dictionary is belonged to C. whom this dictionary belongs to
D. whom this dictionary is belonging to
12.I'm quite busy. I have a _______ B to do.
A．great many work B．great many things C．lots of jobs D．much work 13. It bothered me so much ____ B I might fail to pass the exam.
14. When she opened the door, she found her A father in bed ______.
A. dead B. to die C. died D. death A mistakes and weaknesses, the robot did a 15._____
great deal of good work. A. Despite B. In spite C. For D. Because of．
17.能预言人何时会死吗？( possible ,predict) 18.不要让窗户一直这样坏着。(leave) 19.我总是建议买一辆质量好的自行车。(recommend)
16.让人高兴的是，中秋节就快到了.（delight ,approach) To our delight, the Mid-autumn Day is approaching . 17.能预言人何时会死吗？( possible ,predict) Is it possible to predict when one will die? 18.不要让窗户一直这样坏着。(leave) Don’t leave the windows broken like this all the time. 19.我总是建议买一辆质量好的自行车。(recommend) I always recommend buying a bicycle of good quality. 20.这部电影值不值得再看一次没什么关系。(difference) It makes no difference whether the film is worth seeing a second time.
短语翻译： Unit 3 1区分 2经历完成 通过 3.申请 4.打电话，想起 5.偶尔，有时 6.摆脱除去 7.捡起接收接送 8.意料之中 9.开始做，着手处理 10.跳进 投入 钻研 11.每次…… 12.万一 13.稍等,坚持
Unit 4 1.使人相信 2.作记录 3.犹豫做某事 4.伪装 5.要是…又怎样？ 6.误会 7.冒充 8.结识某人 9.惊讶地 10.顺从 11.一点也不 12.几天前 13.需要
Unit 3 distinguish … from (and)… 1区分 2经历完成 通过 go through 3.申请 apply for 4.打电话,想起 call up 5.偶尔,有时 now and then get rid of 6.摆脱除去 7.捡起,接收,接送 pick up 8.意料之中 in one’s expectation 9.开始做,着手处理 set out to do 10.跳进,投入,钻研 dive into every time 11.每次…… in case (that) 12.万一 13.稍等,坚持 hold/ hang on
Unit 4 1.使人相信 convince sb. of sth./ to do /that— 2.作记录 make /take /set down notes 3.犹豫做某事 hesitate to do sth. 4.伪装 in disguise 5.要是…又怎样？What if …? 6.误会 be mistaken about 7.冒充为… pass off… as … 8.结识某人 make one’s acquaintance 9.惊讶地 in amazement 10.顺从 be resigned to (doing) sth. 11.一点也不 not a bit 12.几天前 the other day in need of 13.需要
1. Those _______ learn not only from books but also B through practice will succeed. A. that B. who C. whose D. which A 2. There used to be a factory near the river,______? A. didn't there B. used there c. usedn't it D. didn't it D 3. Our school is considering buying ______computers A. two others B. two other C. others two D. two more B 4.The moment she came back from work, she to clean the kitchen thoroughly. A. set about B. set out? C. set off D. set up 5. I don't want to eat because I'm ______ A hungry. A. not a bit B. not a little C. a little D. a bit
6、________ in her most beautiful skirt, the girl A tried to make herself at the party. A. Dressed; noticed B. Dressing; noticed C. Dressed; noticing D. Dressing; noticing
D 7. Let ‘s go swimming,______? A. will you B. don’t we C. do we D. shall we 8．In the early 1920s, thousands of people went to Australia to A their fortune. A. seek B. take C. develop D. undertake 9. John ______ D the office as he was passing, but Mary was out. A. called for B. called up C. called on D. called at
B 10. The Asian Games, like the Olympics, take place___ A . every four year B .every fourth year C. each four years D. each fourth year
句型转换： 11.He and I don’t like this book. nor/neither do He doesn’t like this book,_______ ______ I. 12.What will happen if I don’t follow your advice? What ___ if I don’t follow your advice? ______ 13.Marry widened her eyes amazedly.
Marry opened her eyes ____ ___________. wide ___ in amazement
14.He has experienced all sorts of difficulties and hardships.
gone ________ through difficulties and He has _____ of ___ all ____________. sorts/ kinds hardships ___
15.The guide has much acquaintance with Italian.
a ______ lot knows____ The guide ______ about Italian.
18.要是我们把这幅图画移到那又会怎样呢？ 你认为会好看点吗？ (What if ) 19.他犹豫了一会，然后直接走到柜台。(hesitate) 20.她有很多珍贵的价值100万美元的古董。
It is a great convenience to live in the center of a city.
12.你误解他了，他没做错什么。(mistake) 13.要是我们把这幅图画移到那又会怎样呢？ 你认为会好看点吗？(What if )
You were mistaken about him, for he did nothing wrong.
What if we move the picture over there? Do you think it will look better? He hesitated for a moment and then he went directly to the counter.
15.她有很多珍贵的价值100万美元以上的古董。 (antique, worth）
She has many precious antiques which are worth over one million dollars.
1.得出结论 2.带领某人参观 3.吓走 4.你意思是指…吗？ 5.以某种方式， 不知怎么地 6.但愿要是…就好了 7.向前看,为将来打算 8.埋伏等待 9.轻松地 10.别无选择, 只好… 11.值得做 12.打断
1.得出结论 1.come to /draw/reach 2.领某人参观 a conclusion 2.show sb. Around 3.吓走 4.你意思是指…吗？3.scare …away 4.Do you mean to say …? 5.以某种方式， 5.somehow 不知怎么地 6.但愿要是…就好了6.If only 7.look ahead 7.向前看,为将来打算 8.lie in wait for… 8.埋伏等待 9.with relief 9.轻松地 10.have no alternative but to do 10.别无选择, 11.be worthwhile to do 只好… be worth doing/ 11.值得做 be worthy to be done/of being done 12.interrupt/cut in /break in 12.打断
1．—How often do you go to the library? C — __________ . A．After a while B．In no time C．Every few days D．Two times a month
B drop in on me. 2.Next time you come here, ____ A. must B. do C. does D. did
3.They woke up ____ everything around B ___. A. found; changed B. finding; changed C. to find; changing D. to find; changed
A outside. 4.Hurry up. Don’t have the driver ____ A. waiting B. to wait C. waiting for D. wait for
5.—Have you seenA new bike? I put it here just now. —Is it white one? A boy has ridden it away. A．a ; a B．a; the C．the; the D．the; a 6.I’m not feeling well in the stomach. I ______ C so much fried fish. A．shouldn’t eat B．mustn’t have eaten C．shouldn’t have eaten D．mustn’t eat
C have to put it away and focus my attention 7._____,I on study this week. A. However the story is amusing B. No matter amusing the story is C. However amusing the story is D. No matter how the story is amusing
B 8. _______, the vitamin C in them will be destroyed. A. If cooking too long B. If vegetables are cooked too long C. If cooked too long D. If being cooked too long B voices of the children. 9.The air______ A．filled with B．was filled with C．was full with D．full of A 10.The students on duty ______the window, locked the door and left. A．shut B．shutted C．to shut D．shutting
11.Don’t cut in while I am talking. in /interrupt me Don’t break ________ __________ while I am talking. 12.His carelessness led to the accident. resulted from/lay in The accident _________ __________ his carelessness. /arose from 13.I don’t live in that village any long. used _____ to I ______ live in that village. 14.I paid a visit to my uncle some weeks ago. a couple of weeks ago. called ____my on I _______ uncle ____ ______ ____ 15.He hurried to the school, but he found it was Sunday. only _____ to _____ find He went to school in a hurry,______ it was Sunday.
句子翻译： 16.我想你总是很乐意帮助别人。(assume ) 17.不知怎么地，我就是不喜欢那个人。(somehow) 18.要是我跟爱因斯坦一样聪明就好了,我就不用为考试而 担忧了。(if only） 19.她看见妈妈和姨妈正准备在炉火上烤鹿肉和猪肉。 (prepare)
I assume you are always ready to help others.
Somehow , I don’t like that person.
18.要是我跟爱因斯坦一样聪明就好了。 (if only）
If only I were as clever as Einstein.
She saw her mum and aunts preparing the meat of deer and pig over the fire.
She smiled to herself and went out of the cave to welcome her friends and neighbours.
1.Thousands were killed or forced into ___________.（奴役） 2. The __________ （大多数）were religious men who came to teach the C _________ （天主教的） religion to the natives. 3. They came to work in the ship and _________（飞机）industry. 4. People from different parts of the world still _____________（移民）to California. 5. It is believed that before long the ______ （混合） of ___________ (国籍，民族）will be so great that there will be so great that there will be no major _________ （种族的） or cultural groups, but simply a _______ （混 合物）of many races and cultures.
6. ________（明显地）, he’d been shocked when he saw a terrible accident in which a tram _______ （滑下）down the hill. 7. It’s also the place to catch the _______. （渡轮） 8. the history of Chinese _________ （移民者） 9. Gardeners use it all the time to produce _________（商业的）quantities of plants. 10. Cloning plants is ________ （简单明了的） but the cloning of animals is more complicated. 11. The __________ （步骤）is difficult to _________. (着手，从事）。 12. The determination and patience of the scientists was rewarded with a ____（突破）。
13. Then came the _________ (烦扰的) news that Dolly had become seriously ill. 14. Cloning scientists were _______ ________ (感到沮丧的) to find that Dolly was seriously ill. 15. Sadly the same _______ (任意的，反复无常的) fate affected other species. 16. ________ (总共) Dolly lived for six years. 17. Dolly’s appearance raised a storm of ___________ （反对）and had a great impact on the ________ （媒体）。 18. raised ______ (道德的）questions. 19. Governments __________ (禁止) research into human cloning. 20. ___________ (积累) evidence of the abundant aid.
21. the ability to _______ (抵抗) that disease 22. It is ________ (仅仅地) a dream. 23. apply for a ________ (专利) 24. Here was a chance for me to _________ (显 示出差别）myself. 25. There were ________ (产品) that might help me. 26. They _________ (突然地) disappeared into a ________ （便利的） hole in the wall. 27. In the _________ (预料，预期), the snakes would bite again. 28. I ________ (监控) the _________ (消极的， 被动的) snakes again. 29. The ______ (标准) are so strict.
30. Your claims are _________（有效的）。 31. You ___________ （申请） for a patent will be published 18 months later. 32. So I have filled in the form and ________ (提交) my patent application with the Patent Office. 33. Leave the _______ ___________ (被踩出来 的路) 34. _________ ________ the woods (一心投入) 35. electrical ________ (电流) 36. Bell was fully aware of the _________ (重要 性) of his invention. 37. Being very ________ (稳固的)，it has proved invaluable in the design of bridges. 38. He can’t find out ________ (实际的) solution.
Unit 1—3 Words
1.Thousands were killed or forced into ___________. （奴役） slavery majority （大多数）were religious 2. The __________ men who came to teach the C atholic _________ （天主教的） religion to the natives. 3. They came to work in the ship and _________ aircraft （飞机）industry. 4. People from different parts of the world still immigrate _____________ （移民）to California. mix 5. It is believed that before long the ______ nationalities (国籍，民族）will be （混合） of ___________ so great that there will be so great that there will be no major racial _________ （种族的） mixture （混 or cultural groups, but simply a _______ 合物）of many races and cultures.
6. ________（明显地）, he’d been shocked when Apparently he saw a terrible accident in which a tram _______ slipped （滑下）down the hill. ferry 7. It’s also the place to catch the _______. （渡轮） 8. the history of Chinese _________ immigrants （移民者） 9. Gardeners use it all the time to produce commercial （商业的）quantities of plants. _________ 10. Cloning plants isstraightforward ________ （简单明了的） but the cloning of animals is more complicated. 11. The procedure __________ （步骤）is difficult to undertake _________. (着手，从事）。 12. The determination and patience of the scientists was rewarded with a ____（突破）。 breakthrough
13. Then came the _________ disturbing (烦扰的) news that Dolly had become seriously ill. 14. Cloning scientists were cast _______ ________ down (感到沮丧的) to find that Dolly was seriously ill. arbitrary (任意的，反复无常的) 15. Sadly the same _______ fate affected other species. Altogether(总共) Dolly lived for six years. 16. ________ 17. Dolly’s appearance raised a storm of objections （反对）and had a great impact ___________ media on the ________ （媒体）。 18. raised moral ______ (道德的）questions. 19. Governments __________ (禁止) research forbade into human cloning. 20. ___________ accumulate (积累) evidence of the abundant aid.
resist 21. the ability to _______ (抵抗) that disease merely 22. It is ________ (仅仅地) a dream. patent 23. apply for a ________ (专利) distinguish (显 24. Here was a chance for me to _________ 示出差别）myself. 25. There were products ________ (产品) that might help me. abruptly 26. They _________ (突然地) disappeared into a convenient ________ （便利的） hole in the wall. expectation (预料，预期), the snakes 27. In the _________ would bite again. passive (消极的， 28. Imonitored ________ (监控) the _________ 被动的) snakes again. 29. The criteria ______ (标准) are so strict.
30. Your claims are _________ （有效的）。 valid application 31. You ___________ （申请） for a patent will be published 18 months later. 32. So I have filled in the form and ________ filed (提交) my patent application with the Patent Office. beaten ___________ track 33. Leave the _______ (被踩出来 的路) dive into 34. _________ _______ the woods (一心投入) current (电流) 35. electrical ________ importance(重要 36. Bell was fully aware of the _________ 性) of his invention. 37. Being very ________ (稳固的)，it has proved stable invaluable in the design of bridges. practical (实际的) solution. 38. He can’t find out ________
1.The play by George Bernard Shaw is an ________ （改编） of Greek story. 2.A gentleman passes and ________（犹豫）for a moment. 3. Now, don’t be __________ (使人心烦的), there is a good girl. 4. She is disappointed at the _______ （结果） but thinks it is better than nothing. 5. There you are and you come from the west end of London, if I am not ________ (判断错误的) 6. Simply phonetics studied and _________ (归类) from people’s own speech. 7.But they _________ (背叛) themselves every time they open their mouths.
8. The English that will ________ (谴责) her to the gutter to the end of her days. 9. At an ___________ （大使的）garden party 10. I came to England to make your __________ (结识，了解) . 11.He carelessly threw a ________ of (一把) money into her basket. 12. He looked at the collected money in ________.(惊愕地) 13. I can _________（发音）twenty-four distinct vowels. 14. She had to _________ (妥协) 15. I had known about the ________ （令人反感的) thing. 16. But you can’t ________ （忽视）it.
17. How about beginning with the _________（字 母表）.... 18.Try a _________ (试探性的) guess about it. 19. I am sorry to ________ (打断) you. 20. So we think it is reasonable to ________ (认 为) they lived in these caves. 21. It seemed that they have used __________ (削尖的) tools to cut up the animals. 22. After that they would have had to rub an _______ (足够的) amount of salt. 23. It is a _________（原始的）necklace. 24. Yes and so well ___________ （保存的） 25. Botanical _______ (分析) have been _______ (确切地) shown us that all the fields here used to be a lake.
26. She had felt so proud as the groups ________ (为...鼓掌) his choice. 27. Lala __________ (加速) her walk up. 28. A delicious smell ________ (吸引，逮捕) her attention. 29. Her senses became ________(晕眩的) with hunger. 30. Lala smiled with ______. (放松)
Unit 4—5 Words
1.The play by George Bernard Shaw is an adaptation ________ （改编） of Greek story. hesitates （犹豫）for a 2.A gentleman passes and ________ moment. disturbing (使人心烦的), there 3. Now, don’t be __________ is a good girl. outcome （结果） 4. She is disappointed at the _______ but thinks it is better than nothing. 5. There you are and you come from the west end mistaken (判断错误的) of London, if I am not ________ classified (归类) 6. Simply phonetics studied and _________ from people’s own speech. betray 7.But they _________ (背叛) themselves every time they open their mouths.
condemn (谴责) her to 8. The English that will ________ the gutter to the end of her days. ambassador’s （大使的）garden party 9. At an ___________ 10. I came to England to make your __________ acquaintance (结识，了解) . 11.He carelessly threw a handful ________ of (一把) money into her basket. 12. He looked at the collected money in ________.( 惊愕地) amazement 13. I can _________ pronounce （发音）twenty-four distinct vowels. compromise (妥协) 14. She had to _________ disgusting （令人反感的) 15. I had known about the ________ thing. 16. But you can’t overlook ________ （忽视）it.
17. How about beginning with the alphabets _________（字 母表）.... tentative (试探性的) guess about it. 18.Try a _________ 19. I am sorry to ________ interrupt (打断) you. assume 20. So we think it is reasonable to ________ (认 为) they lived in these caves. sharpened 21. It seemed that they have used __________ (削尖的) tools to cut up the animals. 22. After that they would have had to rub an ample _______ (足够的) amount of salt. primitive （原始的）necklace. 23. It is a _________ preserved 24. Yes and so well ___________ （保存的） 25. Botanicalanalyses _______ (分析) have been specifically _______ (确切地) shown us that all the fields here used to be a lake.
26. She had felt so proud as the groups applaud ________ (为...鼓掌) his choice. 27. Lala __________ accelerated (加速) her walk up. arrested (吸引，逮捕) her 28. A delicious smell ________ attention. dizzy 29. Her senses became ________( 晕眩的) with hunger. 30. Lala smiled with relief ______. (放松)