姓名:_____________ 考生号 准考证号 —————————————密—————————封—————————线———————
河北名校 2009—2010 初三模拟考试 英语试卷
I.. 单项选择（共 20 小题，每小题 1 分，共 20 分） 1. ---Taking a walk after supper is a good ____
__. ---I agree. It can keep us healthy. A. habit B. hobby C. start D. exercise 2. ---Look what you have done! The books are thrown everywhere in the room. ---Not ______, Miss Liu. I’m at school the whole day. A. I B. me C. my D. mine 3. ---How was your weekend, Sally? ---Great! It was my grandfather’s ______ birthday. We had a great party for him. A. eighty B. the eightieth C. eightieth D. the eighty 4. ---Where is ______ maths teacher, Jack? ---He’s talking with Mike’s father. A. a A. besides B. an B. except C. the C. beside D. / D. expect 5. I like to eat every kind of food _______ rice. I hate eating it. 6. ---I think Li Lei is the strongest student in our class. ---I agree with you, but who is the second ______ one? A. strong A. was watching B. stronger B. watched C. the strongest C. is watching D. strongest D. had watched 7. Tom ______ TV while his mother was cooking this time last weekend. 8. ---Will you stay here for supper? ---Sorry, I ______. I’ll have to meet my uncle at the station. A. mustn’t A. almost B. can’t B. really C. needn’t C. easily D. don’t D. hardly 9. Maybe I have heard the story before, but I can ______ remember it. 10. ---Have you found the book on science? ---Yes, it ______ in my bag two days ago. A. has found A. to speak; improve B. found C. has been found B. speaking; improve
C. to speak; to improve A. angry A. that A. take up B. angrily B. what B. come up
D. speaking; to improve C. kind C. where C. call up D. well D. when D. show up
12. My father became very _______ when I broke the window. 13. This is the house ______ we bought last year. 14. He didn’t ______ at the meeting and nobody knew the reason. 15. _____ my parents ______ my grandmother was excited to watch the opening ceremony(开 幕式) of the 2008 Olympic Games. All of them felt proud after seeing it. A. Both; and also 16 ---Why did you come to school late this morning? ---______ I watched the World Cup until two o’clock in the morning. A. If B. Because C. Since D. Though 17. ---I passed the driving test last week. ---Did you? I ______ it yet. A. passes B. don’t pass C. haven’t pass D. will pass 18. ---Is your son already in London? ---Not yet, I think. He’ll give me a call as soon as he _________. A. arrives A. How B. will reach B. What C. will arrive C. What a D. reaches D. How a 19. ______ happy life we’ve living today! 20. The train hasn’t arrived yet. Could you tell me ______. A. why the train is late C. when will the train arrive B. that the train can come on time D. why does the train arrive late B. Either; or C. Neither; nor D. Not only; but
II. 完形填空（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，计 10 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从各小题所给的四个选项选出最佳选项。 When you play sports on a may be 22 21 afternoon, would you like some ice cream? If so, you to know how ice cream has become a friend to many people.
Ice cream came from the East at the time when Marco Polo saw many people enjoy 23 D. was found it there. He followed them and tasted it, then decided to bring back the idea to his country, 24 25 . From Italy, the idea has been carried to France. People in France liked ice cream so that they didn’t want other people to know about it. 26 , it didn’t take the other
11. He practiced ______ English as often as he could ______ his spoken English.
countries a long time to love the 27 of ice cream. The first wholesale(大规模生产) ice cream factory was started in the US in 1851. The business for ice cream grew eating ice cream happily. 21. A. spring 22. A. surprised 23. A. buying 24 A. America 25. A. much 26. A. However 27. A. sound 28. A. stronger 29. A. TV 30. A. when B. summer B. excited B. selling B. China B. little B. So B. smell B. fewer B. supermarket B. where C. autumn C. wonder C. eating C. Japan C. crazy C. Though C. taste C. more C. fridge C. how D. winter D. wondered D. making D. Italy D. less D. Because D. look D. bigger D. train D. which 28 after the 29 was invented, because it could be kept 30 you go, you may see people longer. It is now business all over the world. No matter
31. The reason for which advertising is popular is that _________. A. it can make the price of products higher B. it can increase products sales C. it can make the products have better quality D. it can lower the cost of products 32. How many ways of advertising are mentioned(提到) in the second paragraph? A. Six A. products only C. products and services only A. the designers put forward their plans B. the advertising company studies information about customers and products C. the advertisements are tested D. the advertisements are sold to companies 35. If the advertisement can make a product popular with customers, it proves that _____. A. the advertisement is a failure C. the advertisement will be redesigned B Li Meng From parents: ￥20/week By selling used newspaper: ￥20/week How do I spend it? Meal: Breakfast during weekdays ★￥15/week For fun: Buying cartoon books ★￥7/week Telephone: using a phone card ★￥1/week Total: ￥23/week
C. Two B. services only
33. People in the USA use advertisements to advertise_______. D. products, services and other things as well
34. The steps of making advertisements include the following except ________
III. 阅读理解（共 15 小题，每小题 2 分，计 30 分） 阅读 A、B、C 三篇材料，然后从各小题所给的四个选项中选出最佳选项。 A In the 20th century, advertising has become very popular. Why is it so popular? Because it has been proved that repeated advertising can increase product sales and make the price of products lower. Advertisements can be made in many ways. People in the U.S.A. and Europe use them to advertise all kinds of products, services and other things as well. People use large boards, signs inside or outside shops and cinemas, printed mails or gifts to make advertisements. Besides, balloons and airplanes are also used. An advertisement, however, should be properly designed to avoid waste. How is an advertisement made? An advertising company chose a company to design and make the advertisement by studying the information about customers and products. The designers put forward their different plans with pictures or photos. When the advertisement is ready, it is tested in a place to see whether it can make the product popular with customers or not. If it does, it will be used all over the country. Otherwise it should be designed until it is accepted by customers and market by finding out the reason for the failure.
B. the advertisement is a success D. the advertisement will not be accepted James Wardley
Where do I get my pocket money? By working as a cashier: $95/week
Meal: Lunch during weekdays ★$20/week For fun: Going to the movies with friends ★$15/week Telephone: using a mobile phoe ★$10/week Total: $45/week
36. James gets his pocket money ______. A. by selling used newspaper C. by working as a cashier 37. Li Meng ______ for fun. A. buys cartoon booksB. takes pictures newspapers 38. Li Meng spends ______ on breakfast a week. A. ￥15 A. $15 B. ￥30 B. $40 C. ￥45 C. $45 D. ￥60 D. $50 39. James can save ______ a week. 40. Which of the following is TRUE? A. Li Meng doesn’t ask for money from his parents. B. Li Meng can save ￥17 every week. C. Both Li Meng and James use mobile phones. D. James spends $15 on lunch a week. C Learn to relax. Overwork is the main reason why so many students feel tired and stressed. Cut down some of the jobs you need to do each day so that you can only focus on the most important things. Leave time for activities that are relaxing and fun. This might mean reading a good book, listening to the music, going for a walk or taking a relaxing bath. Get a good night’s sleep. Getting enough sleep will help you keep your body and mind in the best form. If you stay up late and need to get up early the next day, you may not be able to concentrate on the things you need to. Exercise regularly(有规律) and eat well. Don’t rush through your meals. Eat less junk food or fast food. Eat healthy food instead. Get to know pleasant people. Some people are optimistic, while others not. Choose optimistic people as your friends and spend more time with them and you’ll be as happy as them. Learn to be calm when you face problem. Find out the best option(选择) from those that are in your mind. Knowing that you are able to solve problems is a good way to build up your self-confidence. Have a happy attitude. Your attitude decides the way you see things. Is your cup half full or half empty? Learn to think more positively(乐观) about the difficulties you face. 41. What’s the main idea of the article?
A. Don’t work or study too hard. B. from his parents D. from his friends C. sees movies D. reads B. What kind of relaxing activities can we do? C. Getting enough sleep, exercising regularly and eating. D. How to feel relaxed and happy under the stress of study and work? 42. What’s the meaning of the underlined word? A. 主动的 B. 认真的 C. 乐观的 D. 轻松的 43. Which sentence is right? A. We need to do as many things as possible each day. B. Enough sleep is very necessary for keeping us in top form in both body and mind. C. We should save our time in eating. D. We should try to make as many friends as possible. 44. To be away from worries, which is not mentioned in the article? A. Going to a doctor for help. B. Finding time to do things you like. C. Making sure which things are important and which people can make us relaxed and happy. D. Having an active attitude towards life. 45. According to the writer, one should regard, one should regard his “cup” ______. A. a cup B. half full C. empty D. half empty
卷 II（非选择题，共 40 分）
V. .任务型阅读（共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，计 10 分） Last night, after six outstanding Chinese-American scientists, Gao Kun received the 2009 Nobel Prize in Physics and became another ethnic Chinese(华裔) Nobel Prize-winning scientist. In 1933, Gao Kun was born in Shanghai, Kao’s father was a lawyer, his family was fairly wealthy. So when Gao Kun was young, the family had hired tutors to teach Gao Kun study. When he was older, he was sent to Shanghai World Primary School (that is, today’s international schools). Besides learning Chinese, he also learned English and French. In 1970, he went to the University of Hong Kong, and in October 1987, Gao Kun was made the headmaster of Hong Kong University. In learning, Gao Kun always said, “One should learn how to concentrate(集中精力) on understanding, deep thinking, not only to concentrate on a kind of knowledge.”
Gao Kun is not only a famous scientist, he is also a kind father and husband. He enjoys cooking for the whole family. Now they live a happy life in Silicon Valley. 阅读短文，完成表格中的内容。 Time Events Gao Kun was born in a (46) ____________ family. When he was In 1933 young, he had his own teacher (47) ____________. In (48)_______ In 1987 He was made the (49) ____________ of Hong Kong University. Gao Kun became the (50) ____________ ethnic Chinese scientist In 2009 who received the Nobel Prize. IV． 词语运用（共 5 小题，每小题 2，计 10 分） 根据下列句子的意思及所给的汉语提示，写出空缺处单词、固定短语或固定搭配的正 确形式。 51. People in western countries use k__________ and forks to eat. 52. During World War Ⅱ Germany tried to beat Moscow in several months, but f_____________. 53. The young man asked Miss Wang _______________(marry) him. 54. You’d better go to buy vegetables in the morning. They are much _____________(新鲜) then. 55. The whole country have _______________ (捐赠) a lot of money to the people in Yushu. He went to the University of Hong Kong.
58. are, young, never, too, to, study, you _________________________________________________. 59. my, with, sister, hanging, likes, out, friends _________________________________________________. 60. own, teenagers, allowed, their, to, should, choose, be, clothes _________________________________________________. B) 书面表达（共计 10 分） 在你成长历程中，有些日子会让你开心快乐，经久难忘。请以“My pleasant Day”为题， 用英语写一篇 80 词左右的短文，记述你那天的活动和感受(如 exciting, fun…)。 要求：1、参考所给提示，可适当发挥。 2、语句通顺，意思连贯，书写工整。 ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________
IIV．基础写作（包括 A、B 两部分） A) 连词成句（共 5 小题，每小题 2 分计 10 分） 将所给单词连成完整、正确的句子。 （单词不得重复使用，标点已给出） 56. this, yours, blue, is, bag _________________________________________________? 57. what, he, like, does, look _________________________________________________?
____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________