总分：100 分 考试时间：40 分钟 命题人：韦玲玲
一、根据首字母、中文意思或所给词的适当形式填空(每题 2 分，共 60 分) 1. The scientist was rewarded by the Government ___________(achieve) in the field of physi
cs. 2. That type of job is most ________ (challenge) , and therefore is a good test of your competence. 3. It took them a fortnight’s time to make _____________(prepare) for the wedding. 4. With the _______________(develop) of industry, we lead a comfortable life. 5. All the members are _________________to attend the meeting.(require) 6.The car accident was not the driver`s f___________as there was a man suddenly running across the road. 7. The bus is s___________ to leave at 5:00, but it hasn’t come yet. 8.The room was in a m__________after the party. 9. What’s the a_____________ age of the girls in your class? 10. The bus company provided e_______ buses because there were so many people. 11. I r_________ to tell you that you failed the exam once again. 12. When he was young, he e________________ a living by selling newspapers. 13. During summer holiday, I often go to do a part-time job to gain some working e_____________. 14. Though the job was very c_______________, I achieved great success. 15. Wei Hua d_____________ an interest in English at the age of ten. 16.Missing the flight m____________ waiting another 3 hours. 17. It is d____________ to remember all the names and faces. 18. After leaving his son in c_________ of the shop, he hurried off. 19. ----What makes him so u________? ---- Losing the key to the classroom. 20. The letter from my brother in New York arrived much earlier than e__________. for his scientific
21. Much to his ________(满意), his son achieved the highest grade in the maths exam. 22. Our country has __________great changes in the last thirty years.(经历) 23. We often study Shakespeare’s plays in our ____________ class.(文学) 24.Will you be p____________by your parents if you can’t get well-prepared for the coming English test.（惩罚） 25.This kind of film is suitable( 适合的 ) for both children and a_____________. 26.The policeman followed the person whose b___________ was so strange for a while and then caught him.（行为） 27.This kind of pop music is popular with the t______________ （青少年） 28. This gold watch was passed down from one __________（一代） to another. 29.Five thousand yuan was __________（捐赠）to the poor girl for her schooling. 30.The only_________________(解释) for his behavior is that he’s mad. 二、单项选择（每题 2 分，共 20 分） 31. Although it was really a difficult task, he decided to try his best to __________success. A. challenge B. host C. approve his advice! C. not to take C. were not informed C. of which C. to have finished C. As
32. —Robert is indeed a wise man. —Oh ,yes. How often I have regretted A. to take 33. We A. got informed A. whose 35. You are supposed A. to finish 36. A. Because B. taking B. didn’t inform B. which B. to be finishing B. Now that of the decision until the midnight. D. were informed D. that D. had finished D. For roof is under repair. D. not taking
34. Look out! Don’t get too close to the house
the work yesterday but you forgot.
you have got the chance, you must make good use of it.
37. The man who is A. in charge of A. gone out 38. The light in his room has
the factory is a Chinese. C. the charge of C given out D. under charge of D. let out , so he must have gone to bed.
B. in the charge of B. turned off
39. _____ his arrival _____ the airport, he received a warm welcome from the teachers and students. A. On; at me? A. freely; free B. for free; freely C. freely; for free D. for free; free 三、选词填空（每题 2 分，共 20 分） be rude to donate…to earn a living on average pay attention to be hard on be available for for free show respect for a waste of time B. At; of C. On; of D. At; on 40. I’m lucky to have got two tickets _____. Are you _____ to go to the concert with
41. This medicine is being provided for use __________ in China. 42. Tom is a heavy smoker; he smokes 20 cigarettes a day ________. 43. A great deal of money ___________ the Project Hope every year. 44. If you _____________ the boss, you may miss your chances of success. 45. I _____________ any man who makes his own way in life. 46. At 12 David began to _________ by delivering newspapers in his neighborhood. 47. Don’t __________ our students. Try to be kind to them and you will find all of them are lovely. 48. She seems to be a person who can’t ______________ one thing for long. 49. I think palying computer games is ____________, so I don’t do that again. 50. I’m sorry; no overcoats __________ your little brother in his color and size.
东海县第二中学高一英语词汇竞赛试题 答 题 卡
班级_______________ 姓名______________ 得分________________
一、根据首字母、中文意思或所给词的适当形式填空(每题 2 分，共 60 分) 1._________________ 2._____________________ 3.___________________ 4._________________ 7._________________ 10.________________ 5._____________________ 8._____________________ 11.____________________ 6.___________________ 9.___________________ 12.__________________
13.________________ 14.____________________ 15.__________________ 16.________________ 17.____________________ 18.__________________ 19.________________ 20.____________________ 21.__________________ 22.________________ 23.____________________ 24.__________________
25.________________ 26.____________________ 27.__________________ 28.________________ 29.____________________ 30.__________________ 二、单项选择（每题 2 分，共 20 分） 31-35 __________ __________ __________ ___________ ___________
36-40 __________ __________ __________ ___________ ___________ 三、选词填空（每题 2 分，共 20 分） 41.________________________ 43.________________________ 45._________________________ 47._________________________ 49._________________________ 42. ________________________ 44. ________________________ 46. _________________________ 48. _________________________ 50. _________________________
答案： 一、单词拼写： 1. achievement(s) 4. development 7. supposed 10. extra 13. experience 16. means 19. upset 22. experienced 25. adults 28. generation 二、单项选择： DDCAC 三、选词填空： 1. for free 2. on average 3. is donated 4. are rude to 5. show respect for 6. earn a living 7. be hard on 8. pay attention to 9. a waste of time 10. are available for BAAAD 2. challenging 5. required 8. mess 11. regret 14. challenging 17. difficult 20. expected 23. literature 26. behaviour 29. donated 3. preparations 6. fault 9. average 12. earned 15. developed 18. charge 21.satisfaction 24. punished 27. teenagers 30. explanation