Unit 4 What’s the best movie theater?
Period 4 Section B
重点词汇： crowded 重点句型： 1.Greenwood Park is the best place to go to on weekends.
2.You can get a big plat of dumpling for only five yuan.
What kind of movie theater do you like to go to?
big screens comfortable seats friendly service
in a fun part of town close to home
I hope a good movie theater
Which cinema should Miss Shen go to?
I think Miss Shen should go to…because… I don’t think so. I think… ￥20
more comfortable seats
Town Cinema comfortable seats ￥5
the most comfortable seats
Read the article about Greenwood Park. Fill in the blanks with the correct superlative forms of the adjectives and adverbs in the box. crowded creative good fast quietly
Greenwood Park is the best place to go to on weekends. I always the fastest on Saturdays because I want to finish my breakfast__________ get to Greenwood Park before 10:00 a.m. to meet my friends. the most crowded place on weekends because The park is_________________ almost everyone goes there to sec the street performers. Some the most creative people think they are boring, but I think they are____________ people. However, the place where you can enjoy your time the most quietly at one of the small coffee shops near the park. ______________is You can read or relax there. There is something for everyone at Greenwood Park.
Think about some of the best places/things in your town. Why are they the best? Why? Because it is the most beautiful school in my town.
Best places/things in my town best middle school No. 1 Middle School
Which is the best place to buy things?
Huangbei Super Market
Wanlifu Super Market
Why are they the best? Because it’s…
Xincheng Super Market
Write about your town and the best places/things there.
Discuss the towns/cities in China with a partner. Tell the class which town/city you think is the best.
Which is the best town/city? ... has the best... ... is the best because ... ... is better than but... is the most
I think Qingdao is the best city in China, because it is the most beautiful. But I
think Beijing is the most popular city for
Fill in the blanks with the superlative forms of the words.
good cheap popular comfortably
the cheapest restaurant in the 1.Dumpling House is __________
city. You can get a big plat of dumpling for only five yuan.
2. Spring Park is the ____________ most popular place in the city on
weekends; Many families go there with their young children. Lots of old people like to take walks there, too.
the most comfortably at 3.You can rest_________________ Flower Hotel. Their rooms are clean and big. the worst music. The songs 4.109.9 FM plays _________ are always boring and too loud. the best 5.PEP High School is ________ school in this town. They have big classrooms, fantastic teachers and an excellent sports center.
Read the information. Then correct the mistakes.
A movie ticket at Town Cinema is $12.00. It is $10.50 at Screen City, and $10.00 at Movie World.
Screen City is always very crowded. Many people go to Movie World, too. But you can always get a ticket at Town Cinema.
The seats at Screen City are very comfortable. The seats at Movie World are a little hard. The Town Cinema seats are very uncomfortable.
1. Movie World is the most expensive. 2. Screen City has the cheapest tickets. 3. Town Cinema is more popular than Screen City. 4. Movie World is the most popular. 5. Town Cinema has the most comfortable seats. The most expensive: Town Cinema The cheapest : Movie World Screen City is more popular than Town Cinema. Most popular : Screen City
Most comfortable seats: Movie World
cheap big close friendly
closer friendlier more popular
cheapest biggest closest friendliest
the most popular
more comfortable the more comfortable better worse more farther best worst most farthest
1. The bread is ____ than these cakes A. very delicious B. much delicious C. more delicious D. as delicious 2. Lin Tao jumped ____ in the long jump in the school sports meeting A. far B. farther C. farthest D. quite far 3. When they met in the hotel . They feel very ______ A. happily B. happy C. happier D. happiest 4. He is ___ enough to carry the heavy box . A. strong B. stronger C. much stronger D. the strongest
5.Which subject is ___, physics or chemistry? A. interesting B. most interesting C. more interesting D. the most interesting 6.A horse is ______ than a dog . A. much heavy B. more heavier C. much heavier D. more heavy 7.Hainan is a very large Island .It is the second ______ island in china. A. large B. larger C. largest D. most largest 8. Li lei often talks ___ but does ___, so everyone says he is a good boy . A. less more B. few much C. more little D. little many
9. Hearing his joke, I can’t stop ________. A. to laugh B. laughing C. laugh D. laughed 10. Becky’s home is ______ the cinema. A. close B. closed C. closing D. close to 11. He only has enough money to buy food for his family. ____ a car, he has never thought about it. A. Talking about B. As for buy C. As buying D. As for buying 12. Which do you like _____, noodles, dumplings or rice? A. well B. good C. better D. best 13. He’s ____ to go to school. A. old enough B. enough old C. young enough D. enough young
14. Beijing is larger than _____ city in Japan. A. any other B. any C. other D. the other 15. Guangzhou is _____ the south of Zhejiang and ___the south of China. A. to; in B. in; in C. in; to D. to; to 16. If you take more _____, you’ll soon get______. A. exercises; thinner B. exercise; thinner C. exercises; thin D. exercise; thin 17. I like ______ white trousers. A. putting on B. dressing C. wearing D. in 18. He _______ to clean the classroom today, because he isn’t on duty today. A. needn’t B. doesn’t need C. not need D. need
19.I'm three years ____ than you. A. old B. older C. oldest D. bigger 20.John is _____ of the twins. A. taller B. the taller C. the tallest D. high 21.The sky grew _____. A. dark and dark B. darker and dark C. dark and darker D. darker and darker 22.—Is your mother much ____ today? —Yes, she looks a little ____. A. well; well B. well; better C. better; better D. well; good
23. The bread is ____ than these cakes A. very delicious B. much delicious C. more delicious D. as delicious 24. Lin Tao jumped ____ in the long jump in the school sports meeting A. far B. farther C. farthest D. quite far
25. When they met in the hotel . They talked and laughed ______. A. happily B. happy C. happier D. happiest
26. In our city it’s ____ in July ,but it is even ____ in August A. hotter hottest B. hot hot C. hotter hot D. hot hotter 27. Hainan is a very large Island. It is the second ______ island in china. A. large B. larger C. largest D. most largest 28. An elephant is ____ than a tiger . A. heavy B. very heavy C. the heaviest D. heavier
the most difficult 1. I want to drop science. I think it is _________________ (difficult) of all. the worst (bad) stores in our town. 2. Jason’s is one of __________ the best 3. Oldies 102.1 FM is _________(good) radio station of all. the taller ( tall) of the two men. 4. He’s _________ the heaviest (heavy). 5. Of all the boxes this one is ___________ younger ( young) than David. 6. Peter is ________ better 7. He does ________(well) in math than his sister. largest large) city in China. 8. Beijing is the second _________(
9. Yu Fei is one of the best _______( actors act ) in our class. 10. Fish can’t live without _________ (with) water. funniest 11. My sister Isabel is the __________(funny) person in my family. creative 12. It is the most __________(creative) music video. well ( good) though 13. His sister can play the piano very ______ she’s only seven. are ( be) six singers in the band last night. 14. There ______ 15. Their team has ______ won ( win) the table-tennis match. greater ( great) to 16. It’s great to be a great man, but it’s much _________ be a true man. least ( little) 17. Of all the students in our class, Peter talks ______ but does most. worse ill) after I had the medicine you 18. Doctor, I feel even ________( gave me.
1. Mr. Li is 40 years old. And Mrs Li is 38 years old. (合并为一句) two ______ years ______ old than Mrs Li. Mr. Li Is ______ 2. Wan Feng is taller than any other student in his class. ( 同义句) the ______ tallest student in his class. Wang Feng is ______ 3. The room is quite big. It can hold 100 people. big enough to hold 100 people. The room is ______ ______ ______ _______ 4. Funky Fashions, worst, think, clothes , the, has, town, in, I (组词成句) I think Funky Fashions has the worst clothes in town. _______________________________________________.
5. I go to the theatre once a month. (划线提问) How ______ often _____ do ______ you go to the theatre? ______ 6. My shoes are 100 yuan. (划线提问) How ______ much ____ are your shoes? ______ 7. It is about three miles from the market to the hospital. (划线提问) How ____ far is it from the market to the hospital? _____
A: Which movie theatre do you like best in our town? best B: I think Dongfang Theatre is the ______. most _____________ comfortable seats. It has the _______ biggest screens. A: That’s true. And it has the _________ But I like Spring Theatre best. B: Why? It’s quite old. oldest in our town, but it’s the A: Yes, It’s the ________ cheapest and the closest _______ to my home. friendliest B: Mm, that’s right. And it has the ____________ service. most fun part of town. A: Yes, it’s also in the _______
介绍自己的家乡(说出家乡的名称，地理位 置及其他特点。 ) __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________