作状语（表示谓语动作发生的伴随情况、 时间、原因、方式和条件等） I. with + n + doing ( doing表示 with 后名词 发生的动作，此名词为动作的执行者)
1. In parts of Asia you must not sit with your feet pointing at another pe
rson. 2. He lay there with his eyes looking at the sky.
II. with + n + done （done 和with 后面的 宾语构成动宾关系，此宾 语是动作的承受者。
1.The students are listening to the teacher with their eyes fixed on the blackboard.
2. The thief was brought in with his hands tied back.
III. with + n + to do 动词不定式表示目的， 或将发生， 未发生的事。(动作尚未发生） 1.So in the afternoon, with nothing to do, I went on a round of the bookshops. 由于下午 无事可做，我就去书店转了转。
2.I can't go out with all these dishes to wash.
3.With five minutes to go, we arrived at the station.
IV. with + n + prep. Phrase
1.The teacher came in with some textbooks under her arm. 2. Later, another type of coin was used, with holes in it, and these were used for the next 2000 years.
V. with + n + adj 1.When he is eating, he doesn’t speak with his mouth full of food.
VI. with + n + adv
1. With the children away at school, the house was strangely quiet. 2. With the breakfast over, the boy hurried to school.
典型例题 The murder was brought in, with his hands ___ behind his back。 A. being tied B. having tied C. to be tied D. tied
1.With a lot of work A _______, the newly-elected president was in trouble.
B 2.With a lot of work _______, the
newly-elected president was having a free time. A to settle B settled
C settling D to be settled
从07年高考题看With的复合结构 with的复 合结构是高考考察的一个重点。下面老师将 对这个知识点做一个详细的解释。 我们先来看07全国高考英语福建卷的一道考 题： —Come on ,please give me some ideas about the projects. －Sorry.With so much work_________my mind .I almost break down. A.filled B. filling C. to fill D.being filling
1. The farmers walked to the field with hoes （锄头）on their shoulders. 2.My father was sitting in a chair with his hands folded.
3.The day was bright, with a fresh breeze blowing. 4. Tom is working there with only a shirt on.
5. We slept last night with the lights on.
6. John left the room with the windows open.
7. My brother rushed into the classroom, with sweat dripping. 8.The artist is working with his hair tied back. 9.The stranger is standing their with his eyes looking at me.
10. She stood there with his eyes fixed on me.
11. My father came up to me with his eyes glaring at me.
12. The emperor walked in the street with nothing on. 13. She is reading the newspaper with a pair of glasses on. 14. He was sitting on the chair with his coat hung on the wall. 15. He left us with his hands waving.
16. With the problem settled, they left the office. 17. With a book in his hand, the teacher entered the classroom. 18. With so many people working, what is the family income? 19. He stayed in the office, with the computer to do all the work.