长春市十一高中 2014-2015 学年度高一上学期期中考试 英 语 试 题
本试卷分第一部分（选择题）和第二部分（非选择题） ，满分 120 分，测试时间 120 分钟。
第Ⅰ卷 选择题（满分 85 分） 第一部分、听力部分（共两节，共 20 小题，每小题 0.5
分，满分 10 分） 第一节 、听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A,B,C 三个选项中 选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回 答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. Which season is it now? A. Summer. B. Autumn. 2. Where does the conversation take place? A. In a taxi. B. On a bus. 3. What does the woman mean? A. She isn?t sure about the winner. B. It is a good time to start the game now. C. The game has been going on for a long time. 4. What?s the man doing? A. Working in a hotel. B. Visiting a young couple. C. Traveling around. 5. What does the woman think of the plot of the play? A. Disappointing. B. Confusing.
C. Winter. C. At the airport.
第二节 、听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A,B,C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读 各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两 遍。 听下面一段对话，回答第 6 和第 7 两个小题。
6. What?s the weather like today? A. Windy. 7. What does the man want to do? A. Play tennis.
B. Rainy. B.Play football.
C. Sunny. C. Go jogging.
听下面一段对话，回答第 8 和第 9 两个小题。
8. Why is the room nice according to the man? A. The kitchen is modern and big. B. The walls were repainted. C. The stove is brand-new. 9. When will the speakers meet at the earliest? A. This Sunday. B.Next Friday. C.Next Saturday.
听下面一段对话，回答第 10 至第 12 三个小题。
10. What?s wrong with Lucy? A. She is thirsty. B. She has a headache. C. She is too stressed out. 11. What does the man advise Lucy to do first? A. Prepare for her test. B. Take some medicine. C. Listen to some music. 12. What test will Lucy probably have? A. Math. B. Music.
听下面一段对话，回答第 13 至第 16 四个小题。
13. What is the main purpose of the woman?s visit? A.To design a building. B.To attend a meeting. 14. Where will the woman stay during her trip? A. At a hotel. B. At her parents?. 15. How long will the woman stay? A. About 3 days. B. About 5 days. 16. Where does the conversation most probably take place? A. At the police station. B. At the Customs Office.
听下面一段对话，回答第 17 至第 20 四个小题。
C. To see her parents. C. At a university dorm. C. About 7 days. C. At the supermarket.
17. What does the speaker say about “Black Friday”? A. It is the most unlucky day in a year. B. It is the busiest shopping day now. C. It is the day after Thanksgiving. 18. What do people do on “Cyber Monday”? A.Do market research . B. Look for items in stores. C. Order some products online. 19. When was the biggest day of the holiday season last year? A. Dec.13. B. Dec.23. 20. What can we learn from the passage? A. “Cyber Monday” is the Monday right before Christmas. B. Americans spent almost 670 million dollars last biggest day. C. This year, online spending is lower than last year.
第二部分、英语知识运用(共两节，满分 45 分) 第一节、单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 从(A，B，C，D)四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
21. There is some doubt _______ we can get the first place in the competition. A. whether B. if C. that 22. After the long journey, the three of them went back home,___________. A.hungry and tiredly B. hungry and tired C.hungrily and tiredly D. hungrily and tired
23. Every day we students are expected to _______ at least an hour _______ English. A. spend; to learn B. cost; on C. devote; to learning D. take; on learning 24. They are of _______ height, but I think Mary_______ the job. A. equally; is equal B. equal; is equal to C. equal; equals D. equally; is equaled 25. —Did you remember to give Jenny the money? —Yes. _______ I saw her, I gave it to her. A. As far as B. The first time C. The moment D. Any time 26. Since this is the first time that you have broken the law, I?m going to give you a light _____. A. judge B. prison C. sentence D. blame 27. When crossing the street, he was in such a hurry that he narrowly escaped____. A. killing B. being killed C. to be killed D. from killing 28. Last week we visited the farm_______ fruit was popular all over the world. A. that B. where C. what D. whose 29. According to the timetable, the train for Athens________ at seven o?clock in the evening. A. leaves B. is leaving C. is left D. will leave 30. The professor insisted ____ with his family rather than ____ to another city. A.on living; moving B. to live; moving C.on living; to move D. to live; to move 31. We ________ him to give up the plan, but he turned a deaf ear to us. A. persuaded B. tried to persuade C. suggested D. did persuade 32. The officer commanded that everyone passing by________ that day. A. being searched for B. would be searched C. be searched D. must be searched for 33. —I saw Mr. Black on the playground this morning. —You ________. He?s still on holiday in Sanya. A. can?t B. couldn?t have C. mustn?t have D. needn?t 34. Trees are good for man. We can?t plant them ______ many. A. so B. such C. too D. enough 35. You should study the details of the policy________ before you sign it. A. in return B. ahead of schedule C. right away D. on purpose
第二节、完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分,满分 30 分） 阅读下面的短文，掌握其大意，然后从 36－55 各题所给的四个选项（A，B，C，D）中 选出最佳选项。
I lived in Dallas, Texas nearly all my life with my mom, dad and older sister ．We were __36__ to respect others, value education, and get all that we could out of life ．My parents always say, “__37__hard and the
world is yours．” They are never without a__38__ word of advice or a bit of encouragement when life gets tough． My parents always __39__ me to go to college. However, when I __40__ at 16 years old that I?d rather get married to a man than go to college, they__41__ stopped telling me they loved me and I could do anything I wanted to．__42__ , they persuaded me. I graduated from high school and currently __43__ the University of Oklahoma studying medicine. I want to make the __44__ a better place to live in． Every time I call home to tell them about a __45__ I received in Chemistry Lab or Microeconomics or __46__ class it is that I?m working hardest for at the moment, they tell me how __47__ of me they are． I know there are college kids out there that have no one to call home to when they get an “A” on a project and I feel incredibly __48__ to have my parents ． Don?t get me wrong: We?ve had our share of __49__ . I was the angry teenager and they were the awful __50__ that wouldn?t let me stay out all night or let me get my tongue pierced (刺穿).But somehow, we __51__ to work through those issues．They never __52__ loving in me or believing in me． I __53__ everything I am to my parents. Without their constant love and __54__ , I wouldn?t believe I can change the world. My parents taught me to always __55__ for what I believe in. So I?m working toward something really great and can only hope I continue to make them proud ． D. produced 36．A. brought B. introduced C. raised 37．A.Educate B. Work C. Train D. Practise 38．A. helpful B. harmful C. stressful D. meaningful 39．A. reminded B. expected C. supposed D. designed 40．A. hesitated B. judged C. fixed D. decided 41．A. never B. ever C. seldom D. hardly 42．A. Carefully B. Hopefully C. Thankfully D. Delightfully 43．A. serve B. attend C. admit D. join 44．A. fortune B. planet C. universe D. world 45．A. grade B. problem C. failure D. value 46．A. whenever B. wherever C. whichever D. however 47．A. modest B. proud C. ashamed D. nervous D. blessed 48．A. annoyed B. praised C. relaxed 49．A. lessons B. problems C. moments D. experiences 50．A. teachers B. directors C. couples D. parents 51．A. managed B. attempted C. succeeded D. conducted 52．A. concluded B. began C. prevented D. stopped 53．A. pay B. owe C. own D. spend B. excitement 54．A. agreement C. encouragement D. statement 55．A. fight B. look C. defend D. protect
第三部分、阅读理解（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面的短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A，B，C，D）中，选出最佳选项。
A Food picked up just a few seconds after being dropped is less likely to contain bacteria(细菌) than if it is left for longer periods of time, according to the findings of research carried out at Aston University’s School of Life and Health Sciences. The findings suggest there may be some
scientific basis to the “5 second rule” --- the belief about it being fine to eat food that has only had contact with the floor for five seconds or less. Although people have long followed the 5 second rule, until now it was unclear whether it actually helped. The study, undertaken by final year Biology students and led by Anthony Hilton, Professor of Microbiology at Aston University, monitored the transfer of the common bacteria from a variety of indoor flooring types (carpet, cement floor etc.) to toast, pasta, a biscuit and a sticky sweet when contact was made from 3 to 30 seconds. The results showed that: Time is a significant factor in the transfer of bacteria from a floor surface to a piece of food; and the type of flooring the food has been dropped on has an effect, with bacteria least likely to transfer from carpeted surfaces and most likely to transfer from cement flooring surfaces to moist(湿的) foods making contact for more than 5 seconds. Professor Hilton said: “Consuming food dropped on the floor still carries an infection risk as it very much depends on which bacteria are present on the floor at the time.” The Aston team also carried out a survey of the number of people who employ the 5 second rule. The survey showed that: 87% of people surveyed said they would eat food dropped on the floor, or already have done so. 55% of those who would eat or have eaten food dropped on the floor are women. 81% of the women who would eat food from the floor would follow the 5 second rule. Professor Hilton added, “Our study showed that a surprisingly large majority of people are happy to consume dropped food, with women the most likely to do so. But they are also more likely to follow the 5 second rule.” 56. According to the passage, which of the following is true? A. A toast dropped on the carpet is easier to be polluted than that dropped on the cement floor. B. A sticky chocolate dropped on the carpet is easier to be polluted than that dropped on the cement floor within 5 seconds. C. The food dropped on the carpet shares the same potential of being polluted with the food dropped on the cement floor. D. The food dropped on the cement floor is not as safe as food dropped on the carpet within 30 seconds. 57. Eating food dropped on the floor still carries an infection risk because it relies on _________ at that time. A. the type of bacteria B. the carpet C. the cement floor D. the surface of table 58. The passage is developed probably by __________. A. time B. space C. contrast D. example 59. What is the main idea of this passage? A. The food which is dropped on the floor can be eaten safely.
B. The bacteria have no negative effect on the safety of food. C. A research on the safety of food dropped on the floor is undertaken. D. People surveyed in the research are willing to accept the idea. B America is a mobile society. Friendships between Americans can be close and real, yet disappear soon if situations change. Neither side feels hurt by this. Both may exchange Christmas greetings for a year or two, perhaps a few letters for a while — then no more. If the same two people meet again by chance, even years later, they pick up the friendship. This can be quite difficult for us Chinese to understand, because friendships between us flow more slowly but then may become lifelong feelings, extending( 延伸) sometimes deeply into both families. Americans are ready to receive us foreigners at their homes, share their holidays, and their home life. They will enjoy welcoming us and be pleased if we accept their hospitality ( 好客) easily. Another difficult point for us Chinese to understand Americans is that although they include us warmly in their personal everyday lives, they don?t show their politeness to us if it requires a great deal of time. This is usually the opposite of the practice in our country where we may be generous with our time. Sometimes, we, as hosts, will appear at airports even in the middle of the night to meet a friend. We may take days off to act as guides to our foreign friends. The Americans, however, express their welcome usually at homes, but truly can not manage the time to do a great deal with a visitor outside their daily routine. They will probably expect us to get ourselves from the airport to our own hotel by bus. And they expect that we will phone them from there. Once we arrive at their homes, the welcome will be full, warm and real. We will find ourselves treated hospitably. For the Americans, it is often considered more friendly to invite a friend to their homes than to go to restaurants, except for purely business matters. So accept their hospitality at home! 60. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage? A. Friendships between Americans usually last for all their lives. B. Americans always show their warmth even if they are very busy. C. Americans will continue their friendships again even after a long break. D. Friendships between Americans usually extend deeply into their families. 61. From the last two paragraphs we can learn that when we arrive in America to visit an American friend, we will probably be ______. A. offered a ride to his home B. treated hospitably at his home C. treated to dinner in a restaurant D. warmly welcomed at the airport 62. A suitable title for this passage would probably be “______”. A. Americans? and Chinese?s views of friendships. B. Friendships between Americans. C. Friendships between Chinese. D. Americans? hospitality . C Verbier language school Beginner? Fluent? Young? Young at heart? VLS can help you learn or improve your language skills in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere with fun, professional teachers. What we offer:
? ? ? ? ? ?
Individual (个人) and group French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Swedish lessons for children and adults. Exam preparation for TEFL, TOEFL, IELTS, Common Entrance, GCSE. Summer course. Translation services. Summer immersion (浸泡式) camps—language and activities including cooking, performances, art and crafts, walking, biking, various sports etc. 9am—4pm (lunch included) Winter immersion camps—language and skiing. 9am—4pm (lunch included) Course + prices (Prices shown are for 1 hour lessons, per student):
Private lessons . 90 dollars Semi-private (2 people) 50 dollars Group lessons (3-6 people) 30 dollars Private—one-to-one tuition focusing on the individual needs of the student. Group—learn in a relaxed and fun environment. Maximum of 6 students per group so there are still plenty of chances to ask questions. Children—learning with fun and games in private or group lessons. Corporate—arrange private or group classes for your company aimed at your specific needs. Conditions ? If registering by phone and email, classes are not confirmed(确认) until a deposit(定金) has been received via the bank or Paypal. Please contact us for bank details. ? Payment for the classes must be paid in full in advance or at each lessons. ? Students must complete a test at their first lesson to make sure of their level. Contact us By post: Verbier Language School, Centre de l?Etoile, Case Postal 475, Rue de M dran 6, 1936 Verbier, Switzerland By phone: + 41 (0) 796532227 By email: firstname.lastname@example.org 63.In the first paragraph, “Young at heart” refers to ___________. A. optimistic people B. the elderly people C. old professional teachers D. people with a strong heart 64. It can be inferred that IELTS is _________. A. a language course B. a summer camp C. a sports competition D. a language test 65. John and his father both attend the Group lessons to learn German. They learn two hours each day. How much do they need to pay per day? A. 200 dollars B. 180 dollars C. 120 dollars D. 60 dollars 66. In their first lesson, students are required to _______. A. report their interest B. take an exam C. complete a form D. pay by credit card D One day a student went to see his teacher. He had been given an important position and now was coming to say goodbye to his teacher. The old man asked him how he would live among high officials. The student answered, " I will be all right. I have prepared a hundred high hats, one for each official I will meet. I am sure I
will succeed.” The teacher got angry on hearing this. “What?” he cried. “Is this what ten years of my teaching has made of you? Nothing but flatterer(拍马屁的人)?” “Excuse me, honored master,” the student rose to his feet and apologized hurriedly. “But you have always been buried in your studies and don ?t know how vulgar(庸俗的) the world has come to be. There are few men in the world who are above flatterers like you.” "There is something true in what you said,” the teacher nodded, smiling with one of the student?s "high hats” on. 67. The student came to say goodbye to his teacher because_____________. A. he had got hundred hats to sell B. he moved away to another city C. he had got a fairly high position in society D. he wanted to see his parents in his home town 68. The student would live among high officials by___________. A. selling hats to them B. flattering them C. making a hundred hats for them D. serving them 69. The teacher was angry with__________. A. himself B. the society C.his student D.high officials 70. The underlined phrase “rose to his feet” means________. A. stood up B. kicked with his feet C. became quite excited D. raised his feet 第 II 卷 非选择题题（满分 35 分）
第四部分、写作（共三节，满分 35 分） 第一节、单词拼写（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 请根据汉语意思填写单词，注意词形变化,每空一词。
71. An _________ (引爆)device timed to go off at the rush hour was removed successfully in time. 72. It?s been dry for so long that the forest could burst into ________(火焰)at any moment. 73. The Spring Festival is coming. Our house is _______ (装饰)with beautiful pictures. 74. He liked to do something ______(奇特的).In fact he couldn?t do anything. 75. The little wooden house _______(属于)to him is beautiful. 76. When she was in trouble, she often turn to her friends and _______(亲戚). 77. A $100 ________ (奖赏) has been offered for the return of the necklace. 78. It is ________(合法) to read people?s private letters without permission. 79. There were 16_______(票) in support of my suggestion, and 15 against. 80. The car was not seriously________ (损害) in the accident and it will not cost much to get it repaired.
第二节、单句改错 (每小题 1 分,共 10 分) 请找出下列各句 1 处错误并改正，多找或不按格式要求改写不给分。
增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号（∧） ，并在此符号下面写出该加的词 删除：把多余词用（﹨）划掉 修改：在错词下划一横线，并在该词下写出修改后的词
81. The Russians were able to remove some furnitures and small art objects from the Amber Room. 82. It was remained to be seen whether the medicine would work on the patients. 83. It was a prison which no one could escape. 84. Don?t lose your heart when in face of difficulty, for a way out will come up. 85. It was very dangerous because if I was caught I could be put in the prison. 86. It?s no pleasure look through these any longer because nature is one thing that really must be experienced. 87. This is because in the early days of radio, those reported the news were expected to speak excellent English. 88. Although she didn?t know the best way of getting to places, she insisted that she organized the trip properly. 89. It seemed as if the world was at the end! 90. I don?t agree that they should return the treasures to Russia; nor I think they should give it to any government.
第三节、书面表达 (满分 15 分) 假如你是李华。 你班同学就 “中学生是否应该烫卷发” 进行一次讨论， 结果如下表所示。 请你就此写一篇短文，汇报讨论结果。词数 120 左右。 意见或看法 理由 1.影响学习 反对（75%） 2.浪费金钱 1.不影响学习 赞成（25%） 2.好的发型给人以信心
CBCCC CCBCC CABAC BCCAB ABCBC CBDAA CBABD ACBDA DACA CBA BCBCB CBDBD ADBCA
BDCB CBCA belonging damaged
explosive flames decorated fancy relatives reward illegal votes
furniture ; 去 was ; 加 from ;去 your ;去 the looking ;加 who ;organize ;an ;加 do
We recently have had a discussion about whether middle school students should have their hair curled. The opinions are as follows. Most students, about 75%, believe that middle school students shouldn?t do so, saying that it will have a bad influence on their studies. Besides, to have one?s hair curled costs money. The other 25%, however, insist that the style of one ?s hair has no bad effect on studies. Moreover, a good hair style makes one confident. I think middle school students should have clean hair, but it is not necessary to have hair curled.If they have their hair curled, they?ll have to spend more time and money on their hair instead of studying.