1. Ms Nancy didn't mind at all ______ to the ceremony. A. being not invited B. not being invited C. not inviting D. not to be invited 2. "_____ your meeting
is!" he offered them his sincere congratulations. A. How a great success B. What a great success C. How great success D. What great success 3. We must remember that _____fashion is not the most important thing in _______ life. A. /; the B. /; / C. the; / D. the; the 4. It _____ quite a few years _____ the accused was declared innocent and set free. A. was; since B. is; that C. will be; when D. was; before 5. The professor said he could talk on _____ interested the audience. A. any topic B. which topic C. whichever topic D. the topic he thought it 6. Under no circumstance _____ to tell lies to parents. A. children are allowed B. are children allowed C. children will allow D. will children allow 7. Modern science and technology has _____ communication between people far apart. A. made convenient B. made it convenient C. made it convenient for D. made it convenient to 8. I heard that you really had a wonderful time at John's birthday party, _____? A. didn't I B. didn't you C. hadn't you D. will you 9. The great use of school education is not so much to teach you things _____ to teach you the art of learning. A. as B. that C. than D. but 10. No matter how frequently _____ the works of Beethoven always attract a large number of people. A. performing B. performed C. to be performed D. being performed 11. _____ their real economic situations, they got some relief fund from the government. A. Considering B. Considered C. Having been considered D. Being considered 12. Tina _____ have known the truth, or she would have told us. A. mustn't B. shouldn't C. can't D. needn't 13. There are some police cars in front. What do you suppose _____? A. is the matter B. is happened C. is the wrong D. the trouble is 14. _____ of water makes Death Valley a desert, but it is by no means devoid. A. Lacking B. Being lack C. Because of lack D. Lack 15. In recent years much more emphasis has been put______ developing the students productive skills. A. onto B. in C. over D. on 16. A survey was carried out on the death rate of those who were infected by SARS, ________were surprising. A. as results B. which results
C. the results of it D. the results of which 17. The organization broke no rules, but ______had it acted responsibly. A. neither B. so C. either D. both 18. Many workers were organized to clear away remained of the World Trade Center. A. those B. that C. what D. where 19. My train arrive in New York at eight o'clock tonight. The plane I would like to take from there ______by then. A. would leave B. will have left C. has left D. had left 20. The professor could hardly find sufficient grounds _____his arguments in favor of the new theory. A. to be based on B. to base on C. which to base on D. on which to base 21 . ________evidence that language acquiring ability must be stimulated. A. If being B. It is C. There is D. There being 22. Professor Wang , _______ for his informative lectures, was warmly received by his students. A. knowing B. known C. to be known D. having known 23.In fact Peter would rather have left for San Francisco than ____ in New York. A. to stay B. stayed C. stay D. having stayed 24.You ____ him so closely; you should have kept your distance. A. shouldn't follow B. mustn't follow C. couldn't have been following D. shouldn't have been following 25. There has been a great increase in retail sales , ____﹖ A. does there B. isn't there C. hasn't there D. isn't it 26. It is the news ____ most parents of the hope that there is a safe and socially approved road to a kind of life they themselves have not had, but their children can. A. that deprive B. that it deprives C. that deprives D. when it deprives 27. We hadn't met for 20 years, but I recognized her_____ I saw her. A. the moment B. for the moment C. the moment when D. at the moment when 28. On hearing a great noise, Mike looked forward through the window _____ what happened outside the room. A. to seeing B. to see C. seeing D. to have seen 29. You ______ be driven out of the school if you dare to cheat in the exam. A. should B. would C. will D. shall 30. Everyone hopes that we can do something to make things better, so we can't help ______ under the stress. A. but working B. but to work C. work D. but work 31. We all think that _____ no need to make laws to prevent the young from getting married during their college life. A. it is B. there has C. it has D. there is 32. Postage ______, the necklace will cost you at least 650 yuan. A. including B. included C. include D. to be included 33. With his eyes ______ on the family album, he thought of the fun he had when he lived with his parents. A. fixing B. fixed C. to be fixed D. being fixed 34. George applied for the position three times ______ he finally got it. A. before B. until C. when D. after 35. This robot is supposed to save a lot of labor, but it remains a problem if it ______.
A. is B. saves C. does D. has 36. There were many more people who got injured in the big fire than _______. A. was reported B. it was reported C. were reported D. they were reported 37. He doesn't know what to say, for it is the first time that he ______ with a girl. A. went out B. goes out C. has gone out D. had gone out 38. _______ which way to take, the little boy behaved like a real gentleman who comforted his sister from time to time. A. Leaving to wonder B. Having left to wonder C. Left wondering D. Left to wonder 39. During the tourist season, there are many people wandering in this city to see the old castles _____ in the sixteenth century. A. to be built B. being built C. having been built D. built 40. When do you think ______ start the new attack? A. they will B. will they C. they can D. can they 答案：1. B
2. B success 名词，保留远动词含义"成功"是不可数名词；如用来代替具体的人（成功者）或具体的事（成 功的事情（东西））是可数名词。故排除 C,D；A 中 how 是副词，如改成 how great a success 就是正确 的。 3. B 抽象名词不特指时，前不用冠词。 4. D 如将 A 项中 was, since 改成 is, since 是正确的；即从句中谓语先发生。如用 B 项，是强调句，而强 调句前后两个谓语动词在时间上必须一致 （a） 被强调部分能还回原句中 ； （b） 即因为句中 was declared ， 是过去时, B 项中 is 改成 was； 因为句中 was declared 是非延续性动词， years 后加上 ago 将"一段" 时 在 间变成"一点"就是正确的。C 项前后时间不一致。 5. C whichever 已失去疑问含义，等于 anything that，表示强调； 而 which topic 中 which 保留疑问 含义，译成"哪一个题目"，不符合句义。而 A 和 D 中缺少连词。 6. B.含有否定意义的副词及介词短语放在句首时，句子中主语和谓语用部分倒装。 7. A 题目中 has made 是谓语，communication between people far apart 短语是宾语，convenient 是宾 语的补语，被前置。如用 B 项,it 是形式宾语代替不定式或从句。 8. B 含宾语从句和定语从句的主从复合句，反意疑问句随主句变；但是在含有宾语从句的住句中主语是第 一人称时反意疑问句随从句一致。 9. A 10. B 在让步，时间等状语从句中，如果主从句中主语一致，从句中谓语含 be 动词，可以将从句中的主 语和 be 省略，即在 how 后加 they(the works) are，再分别与选择项搭配后，就会发现正确答案是 B。 11. A considering "考虑到"，而 considered "被认为"，根据全句含义，句中主语 they 和 considering 是 主动关系，因此选择项。 12. C 13. A 14. D lack 作名词，后加 of 短语。如用 A 项,lacking 是及物动词的动名词，后面不用介词 of 或作不及 物动词,后面加介词 in…。 15. D put/ place/ lay emphasis on 是固定搭配，表示"强调，注重。" 16. D the results of which 等于 whose results，是非限制性定语从句。 17. A 18. C 该题空格处缺少的是连词，且在从句中作主语，所以排除 A,D; that 在名词性从句中只起连接作用。 19. B 20. D on which to base his arguments in favor of the new theory = The professor will base his arguments in favor of the new theory on sufficient grounds. 21. C 句中有连词 that 和谓语 must be stimulated，缺少一个谓语动词，排除 A,D，该句译成汉语是"
有。。。的证据",而不是"它是。。。的证据"所以排除 B. 22. B23. C24. D25. C26. C 27. A 定冠词 the 加上表示时间的名词起连词作用，引导时间状语从句。如 the night/ the minute/ the spring/ the year 等。 28. B look forward to doing sth. / sth. 表示"盼望做某事"，而 look forward to do sth.表示向前看目的 （要做。。。） 29. D shall 用于第二，三人称表示说话人的心愿； will 表示主语的心愿。 3
30. D can't help but do…相当于 have to do….。 31. D There is no need (for sb.) to do sth.是一个固定句型， 相当于 It is unnecessary ( for sb.) to do …; 或 sb. have no need to do sth.. 32. B postage included 等于 including postage。 33. B fix one's eyes on / upon 是固定短语，表示"注视" 34. A 强调从句中谓语动词的动作发生的晚，表示"。。。。。。才。。。。。。"。 35. C do(es) 是代动词，用来代替上文 save a lot of labor。 36. A 比较状语从句中省略与主句相同的成分，只保留比较对象。 37. C 38. C left wondering 中 left 的逻辑主语是 the little boy，所以可转换成 The little boy was left wondering…。 39. D 非谓语动词的动作先于句中谓语动词的动作时， 用过去分词。 40. A
41. Some 25,000 people were reported ______ in the ever recorded worst earthquake in Iran, which occurred late this month. A. were killed B. to be killed C. killing D. to have been killed 42. _____ the teacher's suggestion, Tom finally found a way to settle the problem. A. Following B. To follow C. Follow D. He followed 43. ______ that no one was ever prepared for it. A. So suddenly did the bad news come B. So suddenly the bad news came C. So did the bad news come suddenly D. Did the bad news come so suddenly 44. "______ the friendship between our two people last forever!", and with this sincere hope, the president concluded his speech. A. Could B. May C. Would D. Must 45. We need a more capable leader, ______ with strong will and as well as good humour. A. who B. that C. one D. which 46. Many people attend various public lectures, chiefly ______ themselves familiar with the latest development of different fields. A. getting B. to get C. to have got D. got 47. It is no longer a problem _______ the poor children in this district can go to school. A. that B. whether C. so D. because 48. Of all the applicants, ______ do you think is fit for the position? A. who B. whoever C. whomever D. whichever 49. Part of the work is to be finished today and ______ by this weekend. 42. A. another B. the others C. the rest D. the other 50. Generally speaking, the hard one works, _______. A. the better he gets result B. the better result he gets C. he gets better result D. does he get better result 51. With the worldwide oil crisis, the price of oil has been raised ______ 15%. A. about B. with C. of D. by 52. The lectures, ______ the current international issues, are well received. A. are covered B. covered C. covering D. to cover
53. Peter is very angry about ______ of the changed timetable. A. not informing B. not being informed C. being not informed D. not to be informed 54. It is ______ that terrorism is a great threat to world peace. A. widely accepted B. widely accepting C. wide accepted D. wide accepting
55. The house built of stone lasts longer than ____ built of wood. A. the one B. one C. that D. its 56. E-mail as well as telephones ____ more and more popular in daily communication. A. have become B. become C. are becoming D. is becoming 57. This kind of cloth ____ well. A. washes B. wash C. is washed D. is washing 58. What do you mean ____ saying that you've never heard of it before? A. in B. by C. as D. with 59. He's an intelligent boy. He ____ made such a foolish mistake. A. can't have B. may not have C. might not have D. mustn't have 60. Each of the engineers and professors is working hard at their posts, ____ to accomplish the goal as soon as possible. A. wish B. for wishing C. wishing D. to wish 61. It is just as hard to persuade my wife not to dance ____ to keep me from the football field. A. so it is B. as it is C. so is it D. as is it 62. It was dark and cold. They had to find a house ____ and some wood ____. A. to stay in…to make a fire with B. to stay…to make a fire with C. to stay in…to make a fire D. to stay…to make a fire 63 Some of the middle-aged people ____ to the meeting were famous professors. A. were invited B. who invited C. inviting D. invited 64 Most green vegetables, ____ for too long, will lose nutrition. A. if to be cooked B. if cooked C. if cooking D. if being cooked 65. ____ you dislike ancient buildings, Warrick Castle is worth a visit. A. As B. If C. Even if D. Now that 66. ____ the expense, I ____ a round-the-world tour. A. Were it not … would take B. If it were not… take C. Weren't it for… will take D. If it hadn't been for… would have taken 67. ____ from the top of the mountain, the whole city looks beautiful. A. Seen B. Seeing C. See D. Looked
68. ____ the essay a second time, the hidden meaning will become clearer to you. A. While reading B. After reading C. Your having read D. When you read 69. ____ impressed the visitors deeply was ____ the workers made with their hands. A. What…that B. That…that C. What…what D. That…what 70. The newspaper's owner and editor ___ away on holiday. A. is B. are C. be D. have been 71. Recent estimates show that ___ more than two million bird-watchers in the United States. A. there are among B. are there the C. there are D. among the 72. Ellis Haizlip began his stage career in Washington, D.C., ___ supervised the Howard University Players during their summer season. A. he was B. where he was C .which he D. where he 73. Some people hold that the more conservative the world becomes, have old furniture, old houses and old paintings. A. the smarter is to B. the smarter it is to C. is it the smarter so D. is one to the smarter 74. She was just about to explain ___ she hadn't passed her maths test
chiefly out of carelessness ___ her uncle came. A. her mother … when B. to her mother why … that C. her mother that … when D. to her mother that … when 75. With the shining water before you and the wind ___ , trees behind you, you can not help ___. A. blown … but feel relaxed B. blowing … feeling relaxed C. blown … but feel relaxing D. blowing … but feel relaxing 76. "Will you be able to finish the job this week?" " ___ ." A. I can't say it B. I don't know that C. I'm not sure this D. I don't expect so 77. It's impossible for a child to do so much work within a short period of time, ________ ? A. isn't it B. is it C. has it D. hasn't it 78. _______ that Mr Thomson got such rare fishes ? A. When and where was it B. When and where it was C. Was it when and where D. When and where were it 79. Only after a baby seal is pushed into the sea by its mother ___ to swim. A. how will it learn B. it will learn how C. will it learn how D. and it will learn how 80. Peter and Bob both did well, but Peter is ___ of the two. A. more talented B. the most talented C. most talented D. the more talented
答案： 41. D 当不定式所表示的动作先于谓语动词所表示的动作时，不定式用完成时，且 kill 与逻辑主语 people 之间是被动关系，故选 D 42. A Following 做伴随状语，修饰 found。伴随状语只有两种形式，主动用 following 形式；被动用 followed 形式 43. A 本句测试的是 so---ad.---that…结果状语从句的倒装结构，即 so – ad.提到主语之前，主句用部分倒 状。 44. B May 用在第二，三人称的疑问式结构中表示"祝愿"。 45. C one 做 leader 的同位语 46. B 47. A 48. A 49. C 在四个选项中只有 the rest 可以代替可数名词或不可数名词， 其它三个只代替可数名词。 上句 work 是不可数名词，所以答案是 C. 50. B 51. D 52. C 53. B 54. A 副词 widely 表示比喻含义"广泛地"；而副词 wide 表示具体含义"宽地，完全地" 55. C 不定冠词 a 限定名词时，下文 one 用来代替；而定冠词 the 限定名词时，下文 that 用来代替 56. D 57. A 58. B 59. A 60. C 61. B 同 36 题 62. A 动词不定式 to live in 和 to make a fire with 分别作定语修饰 a house 和 some wood,与被修饰的名 词构成了动宾关系，所以动词不定式用及物动词或不及物动词加介词构成的相当于及物动词的短语动词。 63. D 64. B 65. C 主句与从句之间是让步关系，所以用 even if. 66. D 与过去事实相反的虚拟语气。 6 read, start, write 等不及物动词加上方式状语或半系动词 feel, taste, look 等加表语形容词，在 英语中是主动形式，而表示汉语中被动意义。 by 加百分数或表示数量的名词，表示"相差的程度"。 句中 it 是形式主语，代替 that 引导的主语从句。
67. A 68. D 非谓语动词做状语，其逻辑主语是句中主语。The hidden meaning 不能执行 read 的动作，所以排 除 AB，C 项属于动名词独立主格结构，在句中做主语。 69. C 70. A 71. C 72. D 73. B 74. D 75. B 76. D I don't expect so.= I expect not. 能这样使用的动词还有 Believe, think 和 suppose;而在 hope 等动词后，否定形式只有 I hope not.不能说 I don't hope so. 77. A 78. A 强调句 79. C only 加状语提到主句前面时，主句中主语和谓语用部分倒装。 80. D explain/ announce 等后面的结构是～ sth. to sb.或～ to sb. sth.，to 不可省略。 and 连接两个名词表示"一副，一双，一套等或一个人兼两个职务，即用一个冠词或物主代词限定 两个名词做主语，谓语用单数形式。
81. When the farmer came back from work, his pet dog jumped out the door to welcome him. A. from B. from behind C. of D. of behind 82. ___ he was ill, I was expected to take his place greatly surprised me for I didn't have much working experience. A. If B. That if C. That D. If that 83. _____ scenery in national parks is usually attractive. A. A B. An C. The D. One 84. If you have a cold, stay at home so that you won't spread it to _____. A. another B. the other C. others D. the others 85. Those _____ to go to the exhibition should inform the office. A. not wanting B. who not want C. not wanted D. are not want 86. The children _____ and we will never neglected them. A. brought up well B. was brought up well C. had been well brought up D. have been well brought up 87. The mountain village is my hometown. I spent _____ merry night there when I was young. A. a great many B. plenty of C. many a D. a great deal 88. In all English towns there is a speed limit of 30 miles an hour, _____? A. is there B. isn't there C. is it D. isn't it 89. Why are you always making the same mistake? Think of _____ I told you. A. that B. when C. how D. what 90. Nothing is _____ time; yet nothing is less valued. A. more precious than B. less precious than C. most precious D. as precious as 91. Could _____ have been _____ who helped Sunny get her work done? A. they … it B. they … them C. it … them D. it … they 92. I know a place _____ I can get a calculator on sale. I'll pick one up for you tomorrow. A. where B. wherever C. how D. which 93. How teachers perform in their classes _____ a strong influence on the growth of the pupils. A. has B. have C. having D. to have 94. I found the cat _____ under the bed, who had caught a mouse. A. hiding B. hidden C. to hide D. having hidden 95. ---- How did he get back last night? ---- I think he _____ back on foot, as there were no buses or taxies
then at all. A. might have come B. needn't have come C. must have come D. should have come 96. The doctor would allow him to go home _____ he remained in bed. A. as though B. for fear that C. on condition that D. as far as 97. One of the most important social problems of today is _____ jobs to the unemployed. A. what to be given B. having given C. how to give D. to have given 98. The doctor said I was over-weight. If only I _____ less! A. ate B. have been eating C. have eaten D. had eaten 99. It is said that he got laughed at for _____. A. his dishonest B. been dishonest C. being dishonest D. to be dishonest 100. A baby animal knows animals of _____ own kind when it sees them, when it smells them and it hears them. A. her B. one's C. its D. their
81. B 82. B 83. C 84. C 85. A not wanting 等于 who do not want. 86. D 87. C 88. B 89. D of 后面是介词宾语从句，需要连词且在从句中做 tell 的直接宾语；所以用 what， that 在名词性 从句中补充当成分，没有实在意义。而 BC 连接副词，在从句中只做状语。 90. A 否定意义的词语与比较级连用，表示最高级的含义。 91. D 92. A 93. A 94. B 95. C 96. C on condition that= if 97. C 做表语的非谓语动词表示具体时间（将来）的行为，故用不定式一般时，排除 BD，短语中不缺少 成分，排除 A 98. D if only 后用虚拟语气。此句中表示与过去事实相反。 99. C for 介词,后接名词或相当于名词的短语或从句。 100. C 强调句 many a merry night= a great many /plenty of merry nights . That 引导的是主语从句，而 if 从句是 that 主语从句中的条件状语。
101. After Christmas, _____ clothing on sale in that shop attracted quite a few housewives. A.a variety of B. a number of C. the number of D. the great deal of 102. The mayor promised the city government _____ the building of the new roads with thetaxes it collected. A. shall finance B. may support C. can help D. should provide 103. Whoever does wrong to his country or to the people deserves _____. A. to punish B. to be punished C. to punishment D. of being punished 104. Some children usually behave in their own way _____ they do not get along with theirclassmates and there are often disagreements between them. A. even though B. on condition that C. so that D. unless 105. Secondary and higher education _____ available to all high school
graduates in thiscountry so far. A. have made B. were made themselves C. have been made D. were made it 106. The mother believes that John's stupid, but it's different _____ of Mary; she's just lazy. A. in spite B. in the case C. in the course D. in case 107. The image of a devoted and noble angel in white _____ heals the wounded and rescuesthe dying is making a comeback _____ the nation faces a crisis. A. that…because B. who…when C. which…that D. what…as 108. About how many elements _____ make up most of the substances we meet in everyday life A. it is which B. what it is C. is it that D. it is that 109. The government was believed to be considering _____ a law _____ it a crime to importany kind of weapon. A. to pass …. to making B. to be passing …. to make C. passing … made D. passing …. making. 110. Dewitt Wallance founded the Reader's Digest as a pocket-sized, non-fiction magazine_____ to inform and entertain. A. was intended B. intending C. to intend D. intended 111. _____ this instrument should have put its work permit number on the box. A. Who checked B. Whoever inspected C. No matter who examined D. Those who estimates 112. I am sure I can help you find ____ bed for your new house, but now I'm heading for____ bed and ____ good sleep. A. a , a , the B. a , / , a C. the , a , a D. a , the , a 113. Two of the notebooks ____ Tom had lost on the bus were returned to the main desk at his dormitory. A. what B. which C. who D. whose 114. The drink taste a little ____ to me. A. strong B. strongly C. so strong D. too much strong 115. My roommate lost a lot of weight ____ every day. A. to exercise B. with exercise C. for exercise D. by exercising 116. I went to ____ to buy a ruler and a rubber. A. a stationer B. a stationer's C. the stationer D. stationer's 117. They arrived there at last, ____. A. was tired and hungry C. being tired and hungry C. tired and hungry D. tiredly and hungrily 118. - What was the party like -Wonderful . It's years ____ I enjoyed myself so much. A. before B. after C. when D. since 119. Time should be made a good use ____ our lessons well. A. of to learn B. of learning C. to learn D. to learning 120. You cannot be ____ careful when you drive a car. A. very B. so C. too D. enough
答案： 101.A 102.A 同 29 题 103.B deserve praising(= to be praised; =praise) 值得赞扬 104.C 105.C 将被动语态还原成主动语态就不难看出此题测试的是 make sth. adj.结构，表示"使成为……"。 106.B in the case of 意为：就……来说，至于； in case of 意为：以防万一 107.B who 引导的是定语从句，修饰先行词 angel in white"白衣天使"；而 when 引导的是时间状语从句， 表示"当国家（民族）面临危机时。" 108.C 强调句，被强调部分是" how many elements"。 109.D consider 后只能用动名词做直接宾语，排除 AB；而后一空格用 making 构成现在分词短语作定语。 9
110.D 111.B whoever 引导主语从句，失去疑问含义，表示强调"无论谁；谁……谁就……"等于 anyone who；而 who 引导名词性从句时， who 保留疑问含义"谁"。 112.B bed 作为和（睡眠，病床）有关连的意义使用时通常不加冠词，但看作一件（家具）时就要加冠词。 第一个 bed 指家具，前面要用冠词；而 head for bed 相当于 go to bed，前面不用冠词。 113.B 114.A 在 57 题中讲过。 115.D 116.B 117.C 形容词作结果状语，等于 They arrived there at last so that they were tired and hungry. 118.D 119.A 将句子还原成主动语态 We should make use of time to learn our lessons well. 后， 就不难看出" To learn……" 作目的状语。 120.C can't too 加形容词表示"越……越好；……都不为过"。
121、When he arrived, he found ____ the aged and the sick at home. A. nothing but B. none but C. none other than D. no other than 122. John seems a nice person. ____, I don't trust him. A. Even though B. Even so C. ThereforeD. Though 123. Excuse me. If your call's not too urgent, do you mind ____ mine first 一、I make B. if I make C. me to make D. that I make 124. We agreed to accept ____ they thought was the best tourist guide. A. whatever B. whomever C. whichever D. whoever 125. ____ she realized it was too late to go home. A. No sooner it grew dark than B. Hardly did it grow dark that C. Scarcely had it grown dark than D. It was not until dark that 126. They are going to have the serviceman ____ an electric fan in the office tomorrow. A. install B. to install C. to be installed D. installed 127.There is an increase of 16% in the consumption of tobacco_____ the previous year. A. over B. than C. to D. then 128.______ on time, I think, the medicine will work on him before long. A. Taken B. Being taken C. If taking D. Take 129._____ you want me to fire you, I suggest you stop wearing sports clothes at office. A. As long as B. As far as C. Since D. Unless 130.Nobody in the class except you and me _____ to the principal about the air qualityproblems. A. has complained B. have complained C. complain D. complaining 131.Why can't you smoke at no time _______ in the meeting room. A. does smoking permit B. smoking be permitted C. is smoking permitted D. permits smoking 132.The sale usually takes place outside the house, with the audience ___on benches, chairsor boxes. A. having seated B. seating C. having been seated D. seated 133. These winners from that key school are wise and diligent, actually there are______students in that school A. many such B. such many C. so many D. so much 134.Jack got a good mark although he had done _____ the others. A. half as much as B. as much as half C. as half as D. as much half as 135.In the USA, both the federal and state governments have laws _____ to guard consumers against deceptive advertisements A. to be designed B. designed C. to design D. designing 136．It is _____honor for Mrs. Black to be invited to act as an hostess at the party.
A. an B. a C./ D. the 137.Don't forget the appointment with the principal at the registry office, _____you A. don't B. do C. will D. shall 138．We have no interest in the actress's scandal (丑闻), _____has been the focus of thenewspaper's attention for months. A. which B. what C. who D. that 139.Terry doesn't like the idea of his wife _____ in that affair. A. being involvedB. involvingC. involved D. to be involved 140._______ to be much chance of our catching him up in the near future. A. You don't seem B. There doesn't seem C. That doesn't seem D. It doesn't seem
空格后 the aged and the sick, 等于 the old people and the sick people,所以 but 前应用表示" 人"的不定代词。 122.B 123.B 124.D 125.D 126.A 在 have sb. do sth.结构中 do sth.做宾语 the serviceman 的补足语，和 serviceman 构成了逻辑 上的主语和谓语的关系，表示"叫某人做某事"。 127.A over 介词"比"。 如用 than 前面要有形容词比较等级。 再如: As a secretary, girls are favored over boys. 128.A 129.D 130.A nobody 做主语，谓语动词用单数第三人称形式。 131.C 同第六题。 132.D 133.A such 与不定冠词连用时要放在它的前面；而与 some, any, no, every, another, many, all 等连用时 放在它们的后面。134.A 135.B 136.A honor 在此题中代指一件具体的事，作可数名词，表示 "（一件）引以为荣的事"；也可以表示 " 引以为荣的人"。 137.C 祈使句的反意疑问句有：1）表示建议以 Let's 开始的句子，用 shall we；2）表示有礼貌的邀请用 won't you；3） 表示不耐烦用 can't you；4）其它情况用 will/ would you。 138.A 139.A140.B There seems /doesn't seem to be… "似乎有/没有"; 而 You seem/ don't seem to be… "你好象是/不是；根据后面主语 chance，应用 B 项。