2013 届增城市高中毕业班调研测试 英
I. 语言知识及应用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 完形填空（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 1—15 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最 佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
In the last 20 years of my life, I have
been interested in self-improvement and applying it to myself in many ways. And of course all through that time I have learnt a lot and made it much So in the last 3 months I seem to have reached this 2 1 .
high level. I feel a miracle has happened to me, 3 making sure all these wonderful things
in fact the other day I couldn't stop staring at myself in the were happening to me! Then I cried a small 5 for the person I had become. Several things have happened to make me 6 4
, not because of what I looked like, but because I was so
ensure that my track in life has truly 8
. I moved my name in
back to my hometown after being away a decade and was astonished that so many people a nice way, greeted me and the 10 9
me back. And over the next 3 months they were excited for my growth. At 11 on their faces when they
where I exhibit today, people come over and greet me, I see the 12 . Thus I think they are 13
talk to me frankly and
my expression or style. I know I give them a 14
good feeling at the fairs not just from keeping my expression open, understanding, kind but with a
smile in all the right places. But now I do feel that what I have done for the people may bring them a bit of sympathy. And most of all I believe in the mirror 15 . I have ever been doing the hard work, improving myself
and now I feel it's coming back to me in absolute roads and I am considered to be a man of great culture. 1. A. easier 2. A. wonderful 3. A. window 4. A. sorrow 5. A. hopeful B. healthier B. helpful B. mirror B. fear B. anxious C. happier C. useful C. area C. tear C. grateful
D. better D. harmful D. road D. voice D. proud
6. A. nearly 7. A. appeared 8. A. remembered 9. A. took 10. A. markets 11. A. expression 12. A. slowly 13. A. copying 14. A. brave 15. A. value
B. really B. improved B. recognized B. welcomed B. trades B. impression B. sincerely B. shaping B. quiet B. reflection
C. hardly C. moved C. called C. turned C. halls C. confusion C. loudly C. showing C. sweet C. effect
D. equally D. changed D. reminded D. got D. fairs D. emotion D. annually D. learning D. simple D. function
第二节 语法填空(共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分) 阅读下面短文，按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求，在空格处填入一个适当的 词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 16～25 的相应位置 上。
“If you’re talking to me in a noisy restaurant and my nervous system is good at locking onto the sound of your voice, I can understand 16 you say better.” 17 your
The research at Northwestern University shows that playing a musical instrument is good brain. And the brain remembers how to “lock onto” the important sounds, well as we age, and that helps us to hear better. A scientist, living in France twenty years ago, 19 20 18
our ears may not work as
(write) about what he called the “Mozart (listen) to the classical music of Mozart. 21 (smart), or even help your brain
Effect”. He said that it could be helpful to the brain when
Some researchers said that Mozart’s music would make you much cure some health 22
(order). Others said that there was nothing special about Mozart’s music. Any kind
of high energy music would work. So if the cost of a musical instrument or music lessons is too costly, can we get 23 same brain experience just by listening? 24 music. But the point is that they’re actively
Usually people have teachers, or they can teach playing a musical instrument and engaging 25
making music instead of listening to music passively.
II. 阅读 (共两节, 满分 50 分) 第一节 阅读理解(共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项 涂黑。
A Physical fitness refers to good health, and is the result of regular exercise, proper diet and nutrition, and proper rest for physical recovery. A person who is physically fit will be able to walk or run without getting breathless and he or she will be able to carry out the activities of everyday living and will not need help. How much each person can do will depend on their age and whether they are a man or woman. A physically fit person usually has a normal weight for height. The relation between height and weight is called the Body Mass Index. A taller person can be heavier and still be fit. If a person is too heavy or too thin for the height it may affect the health. Mental health refers to a person's emotional and psychological well-being. "A state of emotional and psychological well-being in which an individual is able to use his or her thinking and emotional (feeling) abilities, function in society, and meet the ordinary demands of everyday life." One way to think about mental health is by looking at how well a person functions. Feeling capable and efficient, being able to handle normal levels of stress, having good friends and family, and leading an independent life, and being able to "bounce back," or recovering from hardships, are all signs of mental health. Public Health refers to trying to stop a disease that is unhealthy to the community, and does not help in long life or promote your health. This is fixed by organized efforts and choices of society, public and private clubs, communities and individuals. It is about the health of many people, or everybody, rather than one person. Public health stops instead of encouraging a disease through surveillance (监督) of cases. To prevent being sick, it is good to do healthy behaviors, such as hand washing, vaccination programs and so on. When infectious diseases break out, washing hands may be especially important. 26. What is the best title of the passage? A. Physical, Mental and Public Health C. Importance of Health B. Something about Health D. Three healthy Lives
27. What does “Body Mass Index” in Paragraph 1 consist of? A. Exercise, proper diet and nutrition C. Recovery, independence and relation 28. What are the signs of mental health? A. Living an independent life and suffer from hardships. B. Reducing normal levels of stress and handle "bounce back". C. Increasing emotional demands and psychological well-being. D. Living an independent life and own good friends and family. 29. Once Bird Flu takes place, that refers to ________. A. the problem of physical health C. the problem of mental health B. the problem of public health D. the importance of washing hands B. Abilities, functions and demands D. Height, weight and their relation.
30. What can promote your body health according to the passage? A. Family, society and individuals. B. Private clubs, communities and individuals. C. Regular exercise, proper diet and nutrition. D. Hand washing, vaccination and other healthy behaviors.
B The best and worst part about being a twenty-something is that every decision you make can change the rest of your life. Once you're in your 30's or 40's, it gets harder and harder to reinvent yourself. So I made an interview with Dr. Meg Jay, the clinical psychologist. He explains why the twenties matter, and how to make the most of them. In Dr. Meg Jay's opinion, our 20s are the defining decade of adulthood. 80% of life's most important moments take place by about age 35. And 2/3 of lifetime wage growth happens during the first ten years of a career. More than half of Americans are married or are dating or living with their future partner by age 30. Personality can change more during our 20s than at any other decade in life. Female fertility(生育能力) peaks at 28. The brain caps off (结束) its last major growth. When it comes to adult development, 30 is not the new 20. Even if you do nothing, not making choices is a choice all the same. Don't be defined by what you didn't
know or didn't do. On the other hand, I also ask him how the 20s track their progress toward their future goals and whether milestones like 21 and 30 are really important. Dr. Meg Jay think it absolutely important. Milestones--21, 25, 30, New Year's, birthdays, reunions--are important because they cause self-reflection. What he mentioned are as follows: Am I where I wanted to be by this age? Did I do what I said I would do this year? If not, why not. And if not now, when? A 20-year-old girl who interviewed me recently told me about a question she was advised to ask herself as she moved through adulthood: "If you keep living your life exactly as it is, where will you be in 3 years?" If you don't like the answer, now is the time to change course. Surely the 20s are for experimenting, but not just with philosophies(人生观) and vacations and substances(物质). The 20s are your best chance to experiment with jobs and relationships. Then each move can be more intentional and more informed than the last. 31. Once you make a decision in your 20's, it will __________. A. be the best part C. change your whole life B. be the worst part D. affect your future life
32. What does the underlined word in Paragraph 2 mean? A. Decisive C. Explaining B. Describing D. changeable
33. What is the most changeable during the 20s according to the passage? A. Career C. Character B. Marriage D. Philosophies
34. According to Paragraph 3, one reason why Dr. Meg Jay stresses the importance of 20s is that ______. A. it is a milestone C. it leads to self-reflection 35. What is the passage mainly about? A. The 20s are of importance, and how to make use of them. B. The 20s can change the rest of your life. C. The 20s are milestones to reach their future goals. D. The 20s are the best chance to experiment.
B. it tracks their progress D. it achieves their future goals
C Nowadays, there is a heated debate on whether pollutants should be cleaned in the air. Cleaning up the air, while good for our lungs, could make global warming worse. And the pollutants still go up around the air, along with carbon dioxide. These pollutants are called aerosols (气溶粒) and they include soot as well as mixtures of nitrogen(氮) and sulfur(硫) and other stuff into the air. Natalie Mahowald, a climate researcher at Cornell University, says so far, scientists have mostly tried to understand what those aerosols do while they're actually in the air. "There are so many different kinds of aerosols," she says. "Some warm and some cool. But in fact, humans are giving out a lot of extra aerosols, and they tend to cool for the most part." The aerosols reflect sunlight back into space, or keep us cool. But it turns out that's not all they do. These aerosols also influence how much carbon dioxide gets drawn out of the air by plants on land and in the sea. "They can add nutrients, for example, to the oceans or to the land," Mahowald says. "But also while they're in the atmosphere they can change the climate, and thus that also can influence the amount of carbon, the land or the ocean can take up. So there are quite a few different ways that aerosols can act on each other." Mahowald's results suggest that reducing those pollutants could be an even bigger problem than realized, when you consider that aerosols help remove carbon dioxide from the air by encouraging plant growth. Hard numbers on this effect are highly uncertain at the moment, but this could turn out to be quite significant. And studying it is not easy because the effects aren't well understood. For example, nitrogen can be a fertilizer (肥料), but it can stop plant growing when nitrogen comes out of the air in acid form. Right now it seems like we're much more likely to clean up aerosol pollution, while increasing the amount of carbon dioxide in the air. So scientists, unfortunately, may have a chance to see whether this experiment on our planet should continue or not. 36. From Paragraph 2, we know that .
A. scientists have been aware of how aerosols work B. Natalie Mahowald is an expert in climate C. cleaning up the air is so popular D. pollutants are under control so far
37. What is Natalie Mahowald's opinion on those aerosols? A. Aerosols can influence each other in various ways. B. All the aerosols will cool the earth. C. Aerosols can add nutrients to human beings. D. Any kind of aerosols will warm the earth. 38. Why is it important for scientists to get accurate numbers according to the passage? A. Scientists have a chance to research them. B. They can bring scientists much more benefit. C. Scientists can protect the earth from being polluted D. They can help scientists understand the effects better. 39. What does the last sentence of the passage imply? A. Scientists will be in a dilemma. B. The experiment will be successful. C. Scientists will carry out the experiment. D. Scientists have difficulty in the experiment. 40. Which of the following can be the best title of this passage? A. Pollutants in the Air. C. The Reason for Global Warming B. The Experiment on the Planet D. The Influence of Aerosols
D If you're someone who is eager to do something beyond the ordinary, you must have figured out by now that there will always be those who are jealous or resentful(怨恨) of your success. It doesn't matter that you've worked long and hard to get where you are, nor that you've made great sacrifices in achieving your goals. The "haters" will always find a reason to speak ill of you and even condemn you. They're spiteful (恨的) people who envy you the pride you have in yourself and the recognition you're receiving from others. They can't stand it that you're happy, fulfilled and achieving your goals. These hateful individuals are unwilling to do the work that you've done. They hate your success but are too
lazy to invest real time or energy in achieving their own goals. The thing you need to know about these haters is that the only reason they behave this way is that you have something they want, but they aren't willing to work for it. The haters are convinced that you've been lucky or that you've had some unfair advantage, but the truth is that your success is born of your untiring efforts, and it's these efforts that have brought about your "luck." The best way to deal with haters is what I call the "one-two punch." First, don't let them hurt you. Be happy about your success and proud of your accomplishments. Company with those who approve you, recognize you and support you, and never doubt that you deserve all the success. The haters are angry, jealous people. What they think or say is meaningless. Next, the more the haters annoy you, the more you should be motivated to succeed. They want to ruin you, but your response should be to work that much harder in order to increase your level of success. When your reaction to their bad behavior has inspired you to achieve further success, you've transformed the haters' negativity (消极) into fuel for your creative fires. Not only can they not hurt you but they've inspired you onto even greater heights by chance. 41. Why will the "haters" always find a reason to speak ill of you? A. They care more about you. C. You are lazy but proud. B. You always work too hard. D. They envy you the success.
42. In haters' opinion, one reason why they don't hate is that__________. A. you achieve your goals C. they deserve what you own B. they can't bear your delight D. you make unlimited efforts
43. According to the passage, one of the best ways to deal with haters is __________. A. to get rid of them C. to share the happiness 44. What 's the author's attitude to the "haters"? A. supportive. C. angry. 45. What is the main purpose of the last paragraph? A. to encourage those who are envied. C. To teach haters a lesson. B. To present an active opinion. D. To give information about success.
B. to work even harder D. to motivate them
B. sympathetic. D. Critical.
第二节信息匹配（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下列应用文及相关信息，并按要求匹配信息。请在答题卡上将对应题号的相应选项字母涂黑。 首先请阅读下列各类大学的基本信息： A. Southern New Hampshire University SNHU offers bachelor degree programs in Accounting, Business, Communications, Sociology, Information Technology, the English language, Economics, History, Justice Studies, Marketing, Psychology, and several other subjects, many with multiple specializations available. B. Western Governors University Western Governors University offers a large selection of bachelor’s degrees in the areas of Education, Business, Information Technology, and Health. C. Florida Tech University Florida Tech offers a number of bachelor’s degree programs in Accounting, Applied Psychology, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Computer Information Systems, and more, with the opportunity to specialize further within some subjects. D. Northeastern University Northeastern University offers a wide selection of bachelor degree programs in such desirable fields as Finance, Health Management, and Information Technology, along with many others. E. Arizona State University Arizona State University offers numerous Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees, in desirable fields such as Health Management, Nursing, and Information Technologies, as well as Art History, Communication, English, Film Studies, and more. F. University of Massachusetts UMass offers a large selection of accredited online bachelor degrees in fields such as Business, Information Technology, Nursing, Psychology, Journalism, Gender Studies, and more. 下面是一些想上大学学生的基本情况。请把相关的学生的情况与大学名称匹配起来。 46. Kitty knows the information that the school offers the largest range of economics courses in America and works with international agencies. Her career will be involved in bank service, or health organization service.
47. Leggy hopes after school she’ll major in literature, composition and rhetoric, creative writing, and speech communication in her dream university. She’ll intend to be instructed by the internationally-known scholars in English and American literature, composition and rhetoric, history of authorship and publishing, literary theory, linguistics, communication studies, film, and creative writing. After university, she wants to be fit for her favorite career. 48. Thomson is still in high school, but he’ll be sure to take as many relevant courses as he can in university. He has learned a degree in the healthcare field, which will definitely involve thorough and advanced studies of information technology programs, medicine, health insurance, biology, and mathematics. He wants to take as many advanced placement computer, math, and science courses as possible later. 49. Linda is delighted that her dream university can help prepare her for a host of important and dynamic professions, including war reporting, travel writing, sports writing, photojournalism, science writing, arts criticism, citizen journalism and more. 50. James will go on with a further study of the analysis and production of film and television or to careers in areas of the business world such as personnel, counseling, advertising, public relations, and sales after graduation.
III. 写作（共两节，满分 40 分）
第一节 基础写作（共 1 小题；满分 15 分） 假如你是李华， 国庆节期间目睹了一起交通事故。 请根据以下信息， 给学校广播站写一篇新闻报道。 【写作内容】 时间：10 月 1 日早晨 9：30 地点：中山路十字路口向右转弯处 事故：一辆小汽车与一辆飞驰而过的摩托车相碰 结果：摩托车上三人摔倒在地，两人受重伤、一人不省人事，小车玻璃破碎，司机头部流血 措施：与路人营救伤者，送到最近的医院，警察赶到，处理事故 倡议：时刻遵守交通规则，提高安全意识，争做好市民
第 10 页
【写作要求】 只能用 5 个句子表达全部内容。 【评分标准】 句子结构准确，信息内容完整，篇章连贯。
第二节 读写任务（共 1 小题；满分 25 分）
阅读下列短文，然后按要求写一篇 150 字左右的英语短文。 When Samuel, our only son, was eight he wrote an article entitled, “How to Be Good.” It still brings a smile to my face as I recall this young boy's wisdom. He followed his own policy and obeyed his mum and me. To our amazement, as a little child, Samuel seemed to recognize us parents as his natural guardians (监护人) who he should obey. And he was right. Generally speaking, in the eyes of young children, parents certainly have been given the authority and responsibility to protect them—innocent children—whether they are five or fifteen. They usually obey their parents, so the parents may discipline and instruct them easily. When children are younger, a parent can establish much more control over their lives. But how can we parents deal with teenagers when they become tough and disobeyed in adolescence(青春期)? As Samuel has grown up, he becomes informed, like any other teenagers. They need more desire for friendship, acceptance and freedom. When it comes to an easy target for teenagers to try dishonest schemes, what should a parent do with them? Well, Samuel's mother and I are not perfect parents. Yet it’s comforting to know that our instruction changes a little with his new culture. We desire that Samuel know wisdom, instruction and consideration, and receive our instruction in a wise, right and fair way. If so, this can’t be much any better! 【写作内容】 1.以约 30 词概括短文的主要内容。 2. 以约 120 词就 “教育子女”的话题进行议论，内容包括： （1）你对孩子在成长过程中所发生变化的看法。 （2）你或你朋友的父母是如何教诲子女的，并用事例说明。 （3）请你对父母在孩子成长过程中如何教诲他们提些建议。
第 11 页
【写作要求】 1.作文中可以使用亲身经历或虚构的故事，也可以参照阅读材料的内容，但不得直接引用原文中 的句子。 2.作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。 【评分标准】 概括准确，语言规范，内容合适，语篇连贯。
第 12 页
增城市 2013 届高三调研考试英语试题参考答案
I.一、完形填空 本文主要讲述作者20年来一直注重自我形象的提升，并通过隐性例子说明镜子效应的积极意义。 1-5 DABCC 6-10 BDABD 11-15 ABACC 1. D。前置命题。从上句的 self-improvement 与 I have learnt a lot 可知 D 答案正确。 2. A。后置命题。从下句的 a miracle 与 all these wonderful things 可知为意义重现。 3. B。 篇章层面命题。 从下句的 looked like 与 staring 提供的语境， 再结合最后段的 I believe in the mirror... 可推答案为 B。 4.C。考动宾搭配。tear 是动词 cried 的同源宾语。如：live a happy life。 5.C。从语境中考句意的理解。从 cried 与后面的搭配来选答案。 6. B。后置命题。考查副词的修饰意义。该段第一句为主题句。从下文细节可知：作者真的确信生活道 路的改变。 7. D。后置命题。考意义连贯与主谓搭配。强调生活道路真的改变。从句主语 my track 与 truly changed 搭配，从下文意义分析，与 improved 搭配不合适。 8. A。考动宾搭配。remember 记得；recognize 认出；如把 my name 改为 me,可用 B 答案。 9. B。前置命题。从 in a nice way, greeted me 可知答案 B。 10. D。意义同现。从 exhibit 和下三句的 at the fairs，选 D 正确。 11. A。后置命题。从 on their faces，常识推理，expression 表情，合语境。 12. B。句内命题。从 and 前找答案。 13. A。考动宾搭配。copy 模仿。 14. C。考查形容词在语境中的应用。 15. C。考查中心词对篇章的概括。该段是回应主题。镜子效应--完美人生。 二、语法填空 16. what 17. for 18. although / though 19. wrote 20.listening 21. smarter 22.disorders 23. the 24. themselves 25. in II、阅读理解 26-30 ADDBC 31-35 DACCA 36-40 BADAD 40-45 DCBDA A篇 26. A。主旨大意题。从各段主题句可知答案为 A。 27. D。词义理解题。从第一段 is called 前找答案。 28. D。细节理解题。从第三段后一部分可得到答案。 29. B。推理判断题。从文中后二段推出答案。 30. C。推理判断题。从第一段第一句可知答案为 C。 B篇 31. D。细节理解题。第一段第一句 change the rest of your life 与 D 答案同义。 32. A。词义猜测题。从后句 most important moments 推出答案 A。Decisive 决定性的，重要的。 33. C。细节理解题。从第二段第五句：Personality can change more during our 20s than at any other decade in life 可知答案。 34. C。细节理解题。从第三句 cause self-reflection 与之同义。
高中毕业班英语试卷 第 13 页
35. A。主旨大意题。答案重点在第一段可找到，但各段都按这个中心展开。 C篇 本文主要介绍悬浮微粒在空中所起的作用及研究者对其作用的一些看法。 36. B。 细节理解题。 由第二段第二句 Natalie Mahowald 的同位语 a climate researcher at Cornell University 可知 B 正确。 37. A。细节理解题。由第三段 Some warm and some cool 得知，BD 选项错误, 与 Some 不符。从第五段 的 to the oceans，得知 C 也不对。由第五段最后一句 aerosols can act on each other 可知 A 选项正确。 38. D。推理判断题。从第六段最后一句和第七段开头句可推出 D 正确。其他选项与题目没有直接的因 果关系。 39. A。词义猜测题。从第七段开头句和第八段最后一句 should continue or not 应不应该进行。说明研究 的左右为难。故 A 最合适。而 D 选项属于事实题，不是暗示推理题。 40. D。主旨大意题。全文以 Aerosols 为中心，说明它的影响。故 D 正确。其他选项要么范围太大要么 太小，不够全面。 D篇 本文主要介绍嫉妒的成因，以及如何把别人的嫉恨转化为动力更努力工作，获取成功。 41. D。细节理解题。题目在第二段命题，答案在第三四段出现，D 选项为直接的因果关系。 42. C。细节理解题。C 选项与第五段 that you have something they want but they aren't willing to work for it 相符，不是他们所恨的。 43. B。细节理解题。答案在倒数第二段第二句。 44. D。态度推理题。从全文作者的语气和最后一段可推出，D 选项正确。critical 批评的。 45. A。主旨大意题。从最后一段的关键词“inspired”可推断 A 正确。这从该段开头句和后一句的大意： 你对待敌意的方式会激励你取得更大的成就，这些欺负你的人再也伤不了你，反而会鞭策你更上一 层楼。得到答案 A。 信息匹配 46─50 DABFE
III. 写作（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 基础写作（共 1 小题；满分 15 分）
At 9:30, on the morning of October 1, National Day, a traffic accident happened at the turning corner of the crossing of Zhongshan Road. When a car hit a speeding motorcycle, not only did three people on the motorcycle fall to the ground, with two seriously injured and one unconscious, but also the driver was badly hurt with his head bleeding, because his car glass was broken into pieces. As passers-by and l witnessed the accident, we rushed to the spot, rescued the wounded, and finally took them to the nearest hospital. Almost meanwhile, the police arrived in time to handle the accident. So, we must realize the importance of improving the awareness of safety. /So it is high time that we should obey the traffic rules all the time so as to be good citizens. (115 words)
高中毕业班英语试卷 第 14 页
第二节 读写任务（共 1 小题；满分 25 分）
1. As a child, Samuel obeyed parents because he recognized them as his guardians. But as a teenager now, he disobeys them because he desires friendship, acceptance and freedom, but parents desire for his healthy growth. (36 words) 2. As a boy, Samuel obeyed parents, considering parents as his guardians. But when growing into a teenager, he becomes disobeyed like other children, because they desire friendship, acceptance and freedom, which causes parents worry and expectation. (36) Naturally, children may have the similar experience in their growth process. In childhood they obey parents while in adolescence they disobey. This change accounts for a stage of development from childhood to adulthood. In my teens I followed parents and never talked back. Mum always wondered when I was coming home, or where I was going. One day, as my classmate fell ill, I looked after him, so I came home late. Mum felt nervous and asked why. Being parents, they should trust, understand and support children. As children become informed, parents should show respect for them, encourage them to make friends, become independent and distinguish right from wrong. Only with the help and encouragement of parents can children live a healthy and happy life. (125 words)
第 15 页