高二英语必修五 Unit2 The United Kingdom 教学设计
乐东民族中学 桂端饶 Warming Up and Vocabulary----the First Period
Teaching goals 教学目标 I Language goals 语言目标 a. Important words and phrases 重点词汇和短语 b. Im
portant sentences 重点句子 How many countries does the UK consist of? II. Ability goals 能力目标 Enable the students to talk about great scientists. III. Emotional goals 情感目标 1.Stimulate students‘ love and respect for great scientists. 2.Develop students‘ sense of cooperative learning Teaching aids 教具准备 Teaching steps 教 学 过 程 Warming up Step4. Pre—reading Step5. Language points(Look at the screen) Step6. Exercises 高二英语必修五导学案 Unit2 The United Kingdom Unit 2 Teaching Period P1 The United Kingdom Topic Style Vocabulary, Warming up Pre-reading Aims 1.Vocabulary: consist clarify puzzle accomplish legal convenience the Media Step1.Vocabulary Step2.Leading-in Step3.
2.Talk about something about the United Kingdom.. New words and expressions consist vi. 组成, 一致 divide vt. 分配, 分开 puzzle n. 难题;谜 vt. 使迷惑 clarify vt. 澄清, 阐明 accomplish vt. 完成；达到；实现 union n. 同盟; 联盟 influence vt. 影响 , 改变 break away 挣脱;脱离 construct vt. 建造;构 造;创立 collection n. 收藏品; 珍藏;收集 convenience n. 便利; 方便 onwide adj. 全国性的; 全国范围的 legal adj. 法律的;合法的 Leading-in 1)Do you know something about the United Kingdom? Warming up Students learn something about the UK according to the QUIZ. 【学习新知】新新学案:1P19 课时要点 1,2,3 4 【课内练习】新新学案:1P19-20 练习 【 Homework 】 1,Review what they have learned. 2,Preview the reading passage .
Reading and Comprehending-------The Second Period
Teaching goals 教学目标 I Language goals 语言目标 a. Important words and phrases 重点词汇和短语 b. Important sentences 重点句子 II. Ability goals 能力目标 1.Develop students‘ reading ability and let them learn different reading skills. 2. Enable students to talk about something about theUK. III. Emotional goals 情感目标 Teaching aids 教具准备 Teaching steps 教学过程 Fast reading Step4. Careful reading Step5. Exercises Step6. Summary Step7. Homework. 高二英语必修五导学案 Unit2 The United Kingdom Unit 2 Teaching Period Topic Style Reading The UK Aims 1. Talk about something about the UK. 2. Reading and comprehending 难题;谜 vt.使迷惑 divide vt. 分 同盟; 联盟 建造;构造;创 Develop students‘ sense of cooperative learning the Media Step1.Vocabulary Step2. Pre-reading Step3.
第 2 课时
【Vocabulary】consist vi. 组成, 一致 puzzle n. 配, 分开 clarify vt. 立 collection n.收藏品; 珍藏;收集 nationwide adj. convenience n. Pre-reading 1.Can you name the capital cities of the UK? 便利; 方便 legal adj. 澄清, 阐明 accomplish vt.
完成；达到；实现 union n. 影响, 改变 construct vt.
break away 挣脱;脱离 influence vt.
2. England can be divided into three main areas. Do you know what they are? 3. What do you know about any cities or towns in the UK? Fast reading 1. What is the text mainly about?---- A brief introduction to the UK about its foundation and development based on geography, history and culture, etc. 2 How many countries make up the United Kingdom? What are they?----- Four. They are England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Careful reading 1 The Union Jack flag unites the flag of three countries in the United Kingdom, which country is left out? Why? 2. What three countries does British Airways represent? England Scotland
Northern Ireland 3. Which group of invaders did not influence London? The Vikings didn‘t influence London . Exercises 新新学案:P18 课文理解 Homework: To Finish Exercise 1&2 on page 12.
Language point-------The Third Period
Teaching goals 教学目标 I Language goals 语言目标 phrases 重点词汇和短语 b. Important sentences 重点句子 1.England can be divided into three main areas. 2。However, the Southern part of Ireland was unwilling and broke away to form its own government. 3 England is the largest of the four countries, and for convenience it is divided roughly into three zones. II. Ability goals 能力目标 1.Get students to use some useful new words and expressions correctly. sentence patterns. III. Emotional goals 情 感 目 标 1.Stimulate students‘ interest in learning English.2.Develope students‘ spirit of cooperating and teamwork. Teaching aids 教具准备：the Media Teaching steps 教学过程 Step1. Greetings Step3. Language points Step2. Revision : vocabulary. Step5. Homework Step4. Exercises 2. Enable students to make sentences after the useful a. Important words and
Unit Topic Aims 分开 clarify vt. 立
高二英语必修五导学案 Unit2 The United Kingdom 2 Teaching Period The UK Style Language points 2. Useful structures. 1. Useful words and expressions.
【词汇重现】 consist vi. 组成, 一致 puzzle n. 澄清, 阐明 accomplish vt.
难题;谜 vt.使迷惑 divide vt. 分配, 同盟; 联盟 建造;构造;创
完成；达到；实现 union n. 影响, 改变 construct vt.
break away 挣脱;脱离 influence vt.
collection n.收藏品; 珍藏;收集 nationwide adj. convenience n. 便利; 方便 legal adj.
全国性的; 全国范围的 由…
【学习新知】 1consist vi. 在于, 存在于; 组成, 构成习惯搭配： 1) consist of 组成, 由…构成, 包括(注意:不能用于被动语态和进行时态) = be made up of This club consists of more than 200 members. Coal consists mostly of carbon. 2) consist in
基于 , 在于 , 存在 … 之中 The beauty of the city consists in its
magnificent building. 2 divide 意为―把一个整体分成若干个部分‖ 常与 into, among, between 搭配 divide into 把…分成 divide sth. among sb. 用…除以 在…分配 divide A from B 使 分离; 使分开 divide… by…
辨析: divide, separate---divide 划分;把整体分成若干部分, 破坏了宾语的完整性。 separate 分隔; 把原来连在一起或靠近的分隔开来, 没有破坏宾语的完整性, 只 是将宾语分开 试一试 1). The apple was _______ into two. 2). We _______the money equally. 3). Oxygen can be ________ from water. 4). The Taiwan Strait ________ Taiwan from Fujian. Keys: divided divided separated separates 3 clarify n. Could you clarify the question ? His mind suddenly clarified. 4 break v. (broke, broken) 习惯搭配: break away 挣脱, 逃脱；脱离, 背叛 break into 闯入, 突然发出 break out break off (战争、瘟疫、火灾) 爆发 break down 抛锚, 出故障,身体跨了 中断 break the rules 违反规则 break the records 打破记录 你能解释这个问题吗 ? 他的头脑突然清醒了. vt. 澄清,讲清楚;阐明 vi. 澄清,清楚,明了;易懂事 拓展: clarification
5 convenience n. 方便, 便利
keep my reference books near my desk for convenience. 为了图方便, 我把参考书 放在书桌前 ＜习惯搭配＞at one‘s convenience ＜拓展＞convenient adj. 在方便的时候 for (the sake of) convenience 为了方便起见 make a convenience of sb. (乘机)利用某人 适合需要的,方便的 a convenient place/ time It is an inconvenient time to come. I can‘t see him now; it‘s not convenient. Will it be convenient for you to start work tomorrow? 6 influence vt. & n. 影响，感化, 影响力 have influence with / on 对...有影响 under the influence of 在…影响下 1)My teacher influenced my decision to study art. 2)The weather influences crops 【Exercises】 用括号内所给词的适当形式填空。 1. Part of your answer has no _______ (relate) to the question.(relation) 2. For ___ (convenient), the two groups have been treated as one in this report..(convenience) 4. Watching football games is a great _______ (attract) for me.(atttration) 5. The building will be under _________ (construct) next month.(construction) 6. There was a ________ (collect) of books on the desk.(collection) 7. Seeing that she‘s __ (legal) old enough to get married, I think you shouldn‘t stop her.(legally) Homework To Finish Exercise 3 on page 12.
Leaning about Language-------The Fourth Period
Teaching goals 教学目标 I. Language goals 语言目标 a. Important words and phrases 重点词汇和短语 点句子 1The countries are alike in wanting their own systems to continue. 2. Do this differences cause conflicts or quarrels? II. Ability goals 能力目标 Get students to use some useful new words and expressions correctly. III. Emotional goals 情感目标 1.Stimulate students‘ interest in learning English. cooperating and teamwork. Teaching aids 教具准备 the Media Step2. Revision Step3. Exercises Teaching steps 教学过程 Step1. Greetings 2.Develope students‘ spirit of b. Important sentences 重
Unit Topic Aims
高二英语必修五导学案 Unit2 The United Kingdom 2 Teaching Period Style exercise Great Scientists 1. Useful words and expressions. 2. Useful structures. countryside conveniences administration accomplish enjoyable 3United, consist of 4 broke away
【Exercises】 textbook P12 NO.1 unwilling constructing NO 2 institutions 6 conflicts 7 provinces NO3. 1 1 currency 2 The Union Jack
asked 2 whispered 3 screamed 9 suggested break in 打断话，插嘴 突破 break away from
4 begged 5 破门
agreed 6 answered 7 shouted 8 complained 【P13 黑体单词】break down 出故障 而入 break out 爆发，发生 break through 列, 山脉,范围， 【课内练习】See the screen. Homework
take the place of 替代取代 take place 发生举行 arrange v .布置安排 range v&n 排
Find sentences with past particles in the text and get prepared for
Grammar-------The Fifth Period
Teaching goals 教学目标 I Language goals 语言目标 a. Teaching important points participle. b. Teaching difficult points 教学难点 教学重点 Let students learn the use of the past
Enable students to learn that the past participle is used for attribute and predicative. II. Ability goals 能力目标 Enable students to use the past participle correctly and properly according to the context. III. Emotional goals 情感目标 1.Get students to become interested in grammar
learning. 2.Develop students‘ sense of cooperative learning Teaching aids 教具准备：the Media Teaching steps 教学过程 Step 1. Explaining new grammar item Practice Step2
Grammar-------The Fifth Period
过去分词做宾语补足语 Past Participle as Object Complement 1. 作宾补的过去分词为及物动词 , 表被动/完成, 结构：主语＋谓语动词＋宾语 ＋过去分词。 可带 Vpp 形成宾补的动词可分为三类。 ① have, get, make, help, leave 有“带致使”含义的动词 ② see, hear, watch, feel, think , find, notice , observe 表示感觉和心理状态的词 ③ like, want, wish, order 表示“希望、要求等意义的词语 注意 Ved 作宾补， 宾语是动作承受者。 是被动 I found a painter knocked down by a car. Ving 作宾补，宾语是动作发出者。是主动/进行 I found a painter lying on the floor just now. 2 Ved & Ving & Vto do as OC 宾补 的区别 Ved 强调动宾关系（被动关系 Vto do 强调全过程 Ving 强调主动关系 ? The scientist found the door broken when he came back. ? The scientist saw him run into the office. ? The scientist saw him running into the office. 【课内练习】See the screen. Homework 新新学案 P 26 单选
Grammar Exercises------The Sixth Period
Teaching goals 教学目标 I Language goals 语言目标 教学重点 a. Teaching important points
Get students to review and consolidate the grammar learned in the last period. b. Teaching difficult points practice. II. Ability goals 能力目标 Enable students to use what they have learned correctly and properly . III. Emotional goals 情感目标 1.Get students to become interested in English learning.2.Develop students‘ sense of cooperative learning Teaching aids Step2.Exercises 教 具 the Media Teaching steps 教 学 过 程 Step1. Revision 教学难点 Enable students to put theory into
Grammar Exercises------The Sixth Period
1 语法练习 新新学案 P26 单选 2 Exercises (1.) ----The last one _____the meal.----Agreed. A. arrived B. arrives time. C. to arrive D. arriving (2) The Town Hall _____ in the 1800‘s was the most distinguished building at that [2007 上海卷] A. to be completed B. having been completed C. completed D. being completed (3) ―Things _______ never come again!‖ I couldn‘t help talking to myself. [2007 湖南卷] A. lost B. losing C. to lose D. have lost 4. There are hundreds of visitors ________ in front of the Art Gallery to have a look at Van Gogh’s paintings. [2006 上海卷 36] waiting D. wait A. waited B. to wait C.
5. Five people won the China's Green Figure award, a title _______ to ordinary people their contributions to environmental protection.[2006 山东] A. being given B. is given C. given [2006 辽宁卷 25] C. studying; of them D. D. was given 6. I was told that there were about 50 foreign students _______ Chinese in the school, most ________ were from Germany. A. study; of whom studying; of whom 7. Mr. Green stood up in defense of the 16-year-old boy, saying that he was not the one _______. A. blamed 35] 8. She will tell us why she feels so strongly that each of us has a role _______ in making the earth a better place to live. (2003 上海春 38) A. to have played B. to play C. to be played D. to be playing C. to be 9. Don't use words, expressions, or phrases ______ only to people with specific knowledge. (02 上海 34) A. being known known 39) A. missing; playing B. missing; play C. missed; played D. missed; to D. known (2000 上海, B. having been known B. blaming C. to blame D. to be blamed [2006 安徽卷 B. study; of them
10. The _______ boy was last seen _______ near the East Lake.
play 11. The picture _______ on the wall is painted by my nephew. 京春 15) A. having hung B. hanging C. hangs B. reads D. being hung C. to read D. 12. When I got back home I saw a message pinned to the door, _______ "Sorry to miss you: will call later." reading (1999 广东省 35 ) (1999 上海, 17 ) B. to choose from C. to choose D. for choosing A. read (2000 北
13. There are five pairs _______, but I'm at a loss which to buy. A. to be chosen 20 ) A.20 dollars remained remaining 20 dollars
14. The lady said she would buy a gift for her daughter with the _______. (1999 上海, B.20 dollars to remain C. remained 20 dollars D.
15. Please remain ________ until the plane has come to a complete stop. [2007 山东 卷] A．to seat B．to be seated A. to see C．seating B. to be seen D．seated C. seeing D. seen 16. Having a trip abroad is certainly good for the old couple, but it remains _ _whether they will enjoy it. (NMET 2002, 32) 17. Do let your mother know all the truth. She appears _______ everything. (2001 上 海, 29) A. to tell 18. I think B. to be told you‘ll grow C. to be telling him when you B．to be like D. to have been told know him better. D．to be ________
(2005 江西卷 30) A．liking liking
19. I smell something ________ in the kitchen. Can I call you back in a minute? [2007 全国卷 I] A. burning [2007 上海卷] A. calling to your room. show D. showing B. called C. being called D. to call B. shows C. to 21. Excuse me sir, where is Room 301? —Just a minute. I‘ll have Bob ________you [2007 北京卷] A. show B. burnt C. being burnt D. to be burnt 20. After a knock at the door, the child heard his mother ‘s voice ________ him.
22. Jenny hopes that Mr. Smith will suggest a good way to have her written English improve in a short period. A. improved B. improving [2007 福建卷] ___ my mind, I almost break down. C. to fill [2007 福 C. to improve D.
23. —Come on! Please give me some ideas about the project. —Sorry. With so much work 建卷] A. filled accepted it. finished B. filling D. being filled B. finishing C. having 24. John received an invitation to dinner, and with his work ________, he gladly [2007 安 徽 卷 ] A. finished D. was finished B. feeling good C. feel
25. My parents have always made me ____ about myself, even when I was twelve. [2007 江 苏 卷 ]A. feeling well well his lectures. A. interested 苏卷] 27. She wants her paintings ______in the gallery, but we don t think they would be very popular. [07 上 海 春 ] A. display displaying day. finished with a start. A. chased 上海卷 39] 30. The wild flowers looked like a soft orange blanket________ the desert. [2006 湖 南卷 21] A. covering A. going on A. follows B. covered C. cover D. to cover (2005 北京卷 34) D. to go on D. being 31. I couldn‘t do my homework with all that noise ________. B. goes on C. went on B. followed 32. I send you 100 dollars today, the rest B. to be chased C. be chased D. having been chased [2006 D. displayed [2007 重 庆 卷 ] D. were finished A. finishing B. finished C. had B. to display C. B. interesting C. interest D. to interest [2007 江 D. feel good
26. He is very popular among his students as he always tries to make them ______ in
28. The children went home from the grammar school, their lessons_______ for the
29. In the dream Peter saw himself ______ by a fierce wolf, and he woke suddenly
_________ in a year. （2005 湖南卷 34） C. to follow
followed 33. You should understand the traffic rule by now. You?ve had it____ often enough. （2005 天津卷 7）A. explaining (NMET 2000, 22) to carry out 35. Robert is said _______ abroad, but I don't know what country he studied in. (1999 广东省 26 ) A. to have studied studying 36. Police are now searching for a woman who is reported to ______ since the flood hit the area last Friday. [2006 山东卷 33] A. have been missing B. have got lost C. be missing D. get lost B. unsatisfying C. to be 37. A good story does not necessarily have to have a happy ending, but the reader must not be left ____. [06 天 津 ] A. unsatisfied unsatisfying D. being unsatisfied 38. AIDS is said _______ the biggest health challenge to both men and women in that area over the past few years.[2006 湖北卷 33]A. that it is been D. to have been B. to be C. that is has B. to study C. to be studying D. to have been A. carry out B. to explain C. explain D. explained D. 34. The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see _______ the next year. B. carrying out C. carried out
39. The country has already sent up three unmanned spacecraft, the most recent ____at the end of last March. [2007 山东卷] A. has been launched launched 40. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his mother told him ____. (NMET 1995, 34) not to 1-5 CCACC 6-10 DCBDA 11-15 BDBDD 16-20 BDBAA 21-25 AABAD 26-30 ADBAA 31-35ACDCA 36-40 AADBA A. not to B. not to do C. not to it D. do B. having been launched C. being launched D. to be
Extensive reading-------The seventh Period
Teaching goals 教学目标 I Language goals 语言目标 a. Important words and phrases 重点词汇和短语 b. Important sentences 重 点句子 II. Ability goals 能力目标 Develop students‘ reading ability . III. Emotional goals 情感目标 Develop students‘ spirit of cooperating and teamwork. Teaching aids 教具准备 the Media step2.Pre-reading Step3. Detailed
Teaching steps 教学过程 Step1. Revision Reading Step4.Language points
高二英语必修五导学案 Unit2 United Kingdom Extensive reading-------The seventh Period 1. Revision: I often hear the girl ____ this English song in her room.(sing)
I hear this English song ____ in her room.(sung) The girl is often heard ______ this English song in her room.(to sing) This English song was heard ____ by the girl in her room.(sung) I heard the girl _______ this English song in her room when I passed by.(singing) 2. Pre-reading: Show some pictures of London 3. Detail reading : Make a list of Zhang Pingyu‘s tour of London and a comment on each place she visited. Day1: sites of London—Tower of London, St Paul‘s Cathedral, Westminster Abby, Big Ben Comments—delight& fancy, splendid and interesting, full of statues of poets and writers, famous and very loud Day2: sites of London—Greenwich with ships and clock, longitude line (GMT) Comments—famous and interesting Day3: sites of London—Karl Marx‘s statue,British Museum that …thrilled 4. Language points 1.sightseeing n.& a.观光的 sightsee v.观光 sightseer n.观光客, 游客 go sightseeing
观光, 游览 2.be worried about / for 为着急 be anxious about sth.为…担忧 be upset about sth.对…感到苦脑 be curious about sth.为…好奇 对…感到混乱 3. available adj. 1) (sth.) that can be used 可用的; 可得的 Tickets are available at the box office. This was the only available room. 2) sb.be free to seen 可会见的 I am available in the afternoon. He was not available for the interview. 4. delight n.&v.愉快， 乐趣， 快乐 to one‘s delight 令…感到愉快的 take delight in 乐 于 , 爱好 delight sb. with sth. 用某物使某人高兴 delight in 喜欢 , 嗜好 delighted adj. be delighted to do Fill in the blanks with / in /to: admirers. 5. 省略句: 结构中的主语与主句的主语一致时, 可省略相同成分。 It looked splendid when first built! When first built = When it was first built. When____________________, he went red.( asked why he was late 1) taken 2) Unless ____ to speak, you should remain silent at the conference. A. invited B. inviting C. being invited D. having invited (B,,A) 6. in memory of = in honor of 为了纪念 in celebration of 为了庆祝 Generally speaking, __according to the directions, the drug has no side effect. B. when taken C. when to take D. when to be A. when taking 当第一次建的时候它看上去很辉煌！ 1) I took delight __ books. (in, to, in ) 2) __ his delight, he passed the driving test. 3) She delights __ being surrounded by be eager for 盼望得到, 想得 be confused with
The museum was built in memory of the great writer – Lu Xun. A grand party was held in celebration of their victory. 7. It is strange (necessary, natural, important, a pity) +that (should) + v. 虚拟语气 (引导主从句) You can‘t imagine that a well-behaved gentleman (should) be so rude to a lady. It is strange that he ___ so much about me. A. knows know (D) 8. thrill vt. 使激动的,使胆战心惊的,有时 相当于 excite The film thrilled the audience. thrilled= excited a thrilling experience thrilling=exciting B. knew C. has known D.
9. display exhibition
n. & v. 陈列,展示,表露 on display
展览 on show
The seller displays all kinds of fruits in the shop. display one‘s true feelings 10. feel / be proud of success. take pride in
商人在店里摆了各种水果。 他以自己的成功自豪。 He is proud of his
He takes a pride in his success. He prides himself on his success. 他以自己是一个科学家感到光荣。He is proud to be a scientist. 所给短语的适当形式填空。in memory of; on show; be thrilled at
1.We _____ the good news that our team won the first. 2. We set up a monument _____the heroes. 3. We‘re excited to see so many products from China _.(were thrilled at, in memory of , on show Homework: 新新学案 课后作业本 Page 11-12
Exercises-------The Eighth Period
Teaching goals 教学目标 I Language goals 语言目标 教学重点
a. Teaching important points
Get students to review and consolidate important words and expressions what they have learned. b. Teaching difficult points practice. II. Ability goals 能力目标 Enable students to use what they have learned correctly and properly . III. Emotional goals 情感目标 1.Get students to become interested in English learning.2.Develop students‘ sense of cooperative learning Teaching aids 教具准备 the Media Teaching steps 教学过程 Step1. Revision Step2.Exercises 教学难点 Enable students to put theory into
高二英语必修五导学案 Unit 2
Exercises-------The Eighth Period 1.Proof-reading I ever worked as a tour guide. One day I saw advertisement in the newspaper. I rang up the company, but I was given the job immediate. They asked me to take a tour around the city next morning. The manager just told me to say anything that I could think about the city. My first tour is terrible. The old bus was not air-conditioned, because it was the middle of summer. It was uncomfortable inside the bus. The tourist soon became very hot and angry. I owned a very hard time. I stayed there for a few weeks, and then left and joined in a better company. (1.saw 后加 an 2.but---and morning 5.think 后 加 of tourists 9.owned→ had 3.immediate→immediately 4.next morning---the next 6.is → was 7.because → and 8.tourist → 10.去掉 in )
1. The United Kingdom of Great Britain _______ three main parts, England, Scotland and Wales A. is made up of B. makes up
C. consists of
consisted of 2. The Tower of London, the St Paul’s Cathedral and the Big Ben are major historical ______ of London. attractions 3. Special entrances _____ buildings should be constructed ______ the convenience of the old and disabled. A. of; for B. to; for C. into; for D. to; with 4. During the debate, opinions were roughly ______ into groups. One was for the suggestion that more money should be budgeted for the poor while ______ was against it. A. divided; the other classified; other 5. His collection of ancient pots, old uniforms of the kings and splendid wedding dresses of royal family ___ a small fortune. worth D. are worthwhile 6. To their _____, the wrongs that had been done to them were finally ______. A. surprise; made known B. disappointment; clarified C. delight; made clear D. delight; clarified 7. The little girl looked at the huge statue with a puzzled look, wondering why the color of it was not _____ with its background. D. consistent 8. ---What is your mother doing in the living-room? the vase. A. Picking important. A. to leave anything out anything out 10. Since we haven’t got enough money available, ______ about sightseeing in that country. A. it is no need talking B. it is no need to talk C. there is no need talking D. there is no need to talk Answers; 1-5 CDBAC Homework: 6-10 DDCAD Finish the paper of Unit 2 B. to leave out anything C. to take out anything D. bring B. Doing C. Arranging D. Making up 9. When designing a project, you should be careful enough not _____ that is ---________the flowers in A. common B. similar C. same A. are worth B. is worthwhile C. is B. separated; the other C. clarified; other D. A. sceneries B. place C. scenes D.