被动语态的构成 一般现在时：am／is／are＋p.p. (done) 一般过去时： was／were＋p.p. (done) 一般将来时： will／shall be＋p.p. (done) am/is/are going to be + p.p. (done) am/is/are to be +p.p. (done) 过去将来时: would/should be+p.p.(
done) 现在进行时: am/is/are being+p.p.(done) 过去进行时： was / were being+ p.p. (done) 现在完成时： have/has been+p.p. (done) 过去完成时： had been + p.p. (done)
Look at the sentences:
1.Your children will be taken care of when you are off.
2.The foreign friends will be given a warm welcome. A warm welcome will be given to the foreign friends. 3.How many athletes will be sent to take part in the 2012 Olympic Games?
4.He was laughed at for the foolish mistake. 5.All these things are to be answered in the future. 6.The students were given some advice. Some advice was given to the students. 7. It is known that he is teacher. ? He is known to be a teacher.
? It is said that… 据说 ? It is reported that…据报道 ? It is believed that…大家相信 ? It is hoped that…大家希望 ? It is well known that…众所周知 All of us know that the Great Wall is one of the cultural relics. ?It is known that the Great Wall is one of the cultural relics. ?The Great Wall is known to be one of the cultural relics.
can / could / may / might / must / should / ought to / have to + be + p.p. (done) ?I can finish the work. ??The work can be finished by me. ??Can the work be finished by you?
Passive voice 的特殊形式
have/get sth. done=ask sb. to do sth.
?have hair cut
?have my bike repaired ? ………..
get + p.p. = be + p.p. ?The thief got caught yesterday. 那个贼昨天被抓了。 ?Be careful, or you’ll get hurt. 小心，否则你会受伤。
?The water feel very cold.
Correct the sentences (改错)： 1.His mother gave him a present . ?A present was given him by his mother. to 2.Someone caught the boy smoking . smoking ?The boy was caught smoke. 3.The teacher has made us work hard. ?We have been made work hard. to 4.We are to put off the meeting till Friday. ?The meeting is to be put till Friday. off 5.I need to repair theto be done. need + doing = need house. ?The house needs repairing.
Practise the dialogue in passive voice:
M: male F: female M: Why don’t you drive your car? F: It is being repaired in the factory now. M: But it was just repaired a few months ago. F: I know. Maybe repair job wasn’t done well. My car needs sending back to the factory again. M: What’s going on around in your company? F: Haven’t you heard? Where have you been, anyway? M: I was sent to Chicago. I just got back.
F: Well, a lot of changes were made last week. For one thing, Susan was fired. M: Where is she now? F: Maybe she is looking for a new position now. M: I see. What about me? Was me fired too? F: No, of course not. I was given a new office. M: It’s great. Congratulations! F: Spanish will be studied next month. Anyway, I don’t want to be the next one! M: Good luck!
Make sentences in passive voice:
The woman was given some flowers on Feb 27. Some flowers were given to the woman on Feb 27.
show hurt 4 1 repair follow 5 2 3 6
put out scold (责备)
带双宾语（复合宾语）的被动语态 1.His mother told him a story. was _____ a story by his mother . He ____told A story _____told to him by his mother. was ___ __ 3.He often lends me a pen. am lent I ___ often ______ a pen by him. A pen __ often ______ to ______ me by him. is lent 4.They take good care of the children. The children ___ _____ good care of ___. are taken 5. Who made it ? ___ _____ it made by? Who was _____ By whom was it made ? _____ ____ _____
1.They heard him say good-bye to his teacher after class. He was heard to say good-bye to his ____ _____ __ ___ teacher after class.
2.They made him do the work just now. He was made __ ___ the work just now. ___ _____ to do 3.His teacher notices him play a computer. is noticed __ play He __ _______ to _____ a computer.
1. ( D ) If the work ________,you can go and play games.
A. finished B. has finished C. will be finished D. is finished
2. ( B ) It was raining heavily outside, the children were made ______ in the classroom. A. stay B. to stay C. staying D. stayed 3. (C ) Kate _______ the letter before her mother came into her bedroom. A. has written B. was written C. had written D. is writing
4. ( B ) To make our city more beautiful, rubbish ______ into the river. A. needn’t be thrown B. mustn’t be thrown
C. can’t throw D. may not throw 5. ( A ) I like my bike. It ________ very well.
B. is riding
C. is ridden
D. has ridden
6. ( D ) —I won’t come to the party unless Tom ______, too.
—You mean if Tom comes ,you’ll come. A. will invite B. invites C. invited D. is invited 7. ( A ) Everyone who heard Mr. Green’s story _____________ it. A. laughed at B. was laughed C. laughed D. was laughed at 8. ( D ) The children must _______. A. look after B. be taken good care C. look the same D. be taken good care of 9. ( B ) The woman still doesn’t know what _______ in her hometown he was away. while A. happens B. happened C. will happen D. was happened 10. ( B ) — I saw you were on foot this morning. —Yes. My bike ___________.
A. is mending C. is mended
B. is being mended D. is being mending
Fill in the blanks using right forms:
1. All the students __________(ask) to bring a kite with them last Sunday. were asked tried 2. Are many ways _______(try) to stop people from cutting down so many trees? 3. —What are on show in the museum? —Some photos _________(take) by American children. taken 4. This coat _________(wash) well. washes 5. Must the old people ____________(speak) to politely? be spoken warned 6. I’m often _________(警告）not to copy others’ homework. 7. He couldn’t explain why dinosaurs disappeared (消失). ___________ 8. I’ll have my bike mended／repaired __________________(修理) tomorrow. stolen 9. Have you found your necklace ________(偷) last week? founded 10. The PRC was _________(成立) on October 1, 1949.