2014—2015 学年度第一学期期中考八县(市)一中联考 高一英语试卷
命题学校：平潭一中 命题教师：李美云 做题教师：李 芳 审核教师：丁玉芳 完卷时间：120 分钟 满分：150 分
。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的A.B.C三个选项中选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置。 听每段对话后你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题， 每段对话仅读一遍。
1. How will the man go to the park? A. By bus. B. By bike. 2. What is the picture of? A. A city. B. A farm. 3. What is the woman doing now? A. Having a meeting. B. Having a meal. 4. Which city did the man visit before? A. Shanghai. B. Beijing. 5. What does the woman think of the new film star? A. He is popular with young people. B. He isn’t a good actor. C. He is handsome. 第二节:(共15小题; 每题1.5分 ,共22.5分)
C. On foot. C. A pet. C. Working. C. Hangzhou.
听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小 题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各个小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. Who is Suzie? A. Tom’s secretary. B. Mr. Walker’s secretary. C. Mr. Walker’s wife. 7. Why does the woman feel upset? A. She feels useless. B. She is late for work. C. Tom is angry with her. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。 8. What is wrong with the woman? A. Her back hurts. B. Her head aches. C. Her hand is painful. 9. What day is today? A. Tuesday. B. Wednesday. C. Thursday.
高一英语试卷 第 1 页 共 10 页
10. What will the woman do next? A. Take an examination. B. Take her blood pressure. C. Get some medicine. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 13 题。 11. When did the speakers plan to travel to Michigan? A. Tomorrow. B. Next week. C. Early next month. 12. Why does the man call the woman? A. To care about the trip. B. To change the time of the trip. C. To ask about the opinions of Jack and Jane. 13. What will the man do? A. Deal with his family emergency. B. Get the air tickets. C. Call Jack and Jane. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 16 题。 14. What did the teachers do after Tim got into trouble? A. They always punished him. B. They talked to his parents. C. They often laughed at him. 15. Why did Tim lie down with his bike on top of him? A. To get away from school. B. To make his mother angry. C. To play a joke on his mother. 16. What do we know about Tim? A. He used to sit on his own at school. B. He worked hard at school. C. He often played jokes on his teachers. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. Where are the two rooms ? A. On the second floor. B. On the fourth floor. C. On the fifth floor. 18. How much will Peter pay for one room each night? A.＄200. B.＄400. C.＄600. 19. What kind of payment is NOT accepted? A. Cash. B. Credit card. C. Check. 20. When will Peter arrive at the hotel? A. August 10. B. August 12. C. August 20. 第二部分 语言知识及运用
21.--If we want to study English well, we should do more exercises. -.Practice makes perfect. A.Not exactly B.Exactly C.Equally D. Not Really 22.There is ___ in traveling during National Day with visitors crowded into the scenic spots. A.no such a fun B.not such a fun C.no such fun D.not so fun 23.Is it only money ___ brings us happiness? A.what B. which C. that D. how
高一英语试卷 第 2 页 共 10 页
24.It is a long ___to build a people--centered society in china. A.trip B.journey C.travel D.tour 25.Our teacher requested that strange signs around us ____be ignored before an earthquake. A.couldn’t B.mustn’t C.would not D not 26.Hong Kong’s Occupy Central protesters(抗议者）______ roadblocks on the main roads and they brought trouble to the public. A.turned to B.set up C.gave in D.cared about 27.It is widely____ that hard work can help students make progress. A.commanded B.recognized C.persuaded D.decided 28.If we don’t often use the newly learned words ,we’ll _____ forget them. A.frequently B.extremely C.gradually D.loosely 29.Sometimes we need true friends’ shoulders ____we can cry to free ourselves from pain. A.by which B.on which C.in which D.with which 30 .iPhone 6s have been on sale for over a month ,but they are still hard for Chinese. A.to be bought B. bought C.to buy D buy 31. Mandela met a lot of difficulties,he still fought for the equal rights of his people. A. Unless B.Since C.Even if D.As if 32.Mom called me and asked if I__________ . A.recovered from my illness yesterday B.had recovered my illness the day before C.had recovered from my illness the day before D.was recovering from my illness yesterday 33.My sister’s flight______ and I want to see her off at the airport. A.takes off B.is taking off C.was taking off D.took off 34. As the saying goes, “Only _____ to stop, can we smell the rose on the way.” A.remember B. remembering C. we remember D.when we remember. 35. Ever since MaYun founded Taobao Website ,the number of people shopping online ___quickly. A.has increased B.have increased C. is increasing D.are increasing 第二节. 完形填空 (共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分)
阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选 项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
sobbing(呜咽). 47 , that was something she should not go through alone. All of a sudden ,a 48 feeling of sympathy(同情） rose up in my heart, Slowly, I collected the pencils, took back the books, 49 my bed, cleaned the socks and swept the floor, 50 on her side. I was so buried in my work 51 I even didn't notice Kate had sat up. She was watching, her tears dried and her 52 one of disbelief. Then, to my surprise, she 53 out her hands to catch mine. I looked up into her eyes. She smiled at me. "Thanks." Kate and I stayed 54 for the rest of the year. We didn't always agree, but we learned the key to 55 together: giving in,cleaning up and holding on. 36. A. room B. place C. station D. seat 37. A. Over B. During C. With D. For 38. A. uglier B. cleaner C. messier D. lazier 39. A. angry B. tired C. sad D. mad 40. A. broke in B. took place C. set off D. broke out 41. A. socks B. clothes C. shoes D. trousers 42. A. ran B. jumped C. flew D. walked 43. A. angry B. concern C. sadness D. anger 44. A. hour B. week C. minute D. day 45. A. tell B. express C. forecast D. show 46. A. put up B. hung up C. held on D. went on 47. A. Surprisingly B. Clearly C. Happily D. Excitedly 48. A. warm B. strange C. cold D. funny 49. A. brought B. caught C. made D. changed 50. A. but B. and C. even D. so 51. A. that B. which C. what D. who 52. A. tongue B. expression C. sign D. position 53. A. took B. held C. reached D. threw 54. A. workmates B. classmates C. deskmates D. roommates 55. A. living B. studying C. study D. live 第三部分 阅读理解（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分）
I was never very neat, while my roommate Kate was rather organized. Each of her objects had its 36 , but mine always hid somewhere. She even labeled (贴标签 ) everything. I always looked for everything. 37 time, Kate got neater and I got 38 . She would push my dirty clothing over, and I would lay my books on her tidy desk. We both got 39 of each other. One evening war 40 . Kate came into the room. Soon, I heard her shouting, "Take your 41 away! Why under my bed!" Deafened, I saw my shoes flying at me. I 42 to my feet and started shouting. She shouted back louder. The room was filled with 43 . We could not have stayed together for a single 44 but for a phone call. Kate answered it. From her end of the conversation , I could 45 right away her grandma was seriously ill. When she 46 , she quickly hid under her covers,
高一英语试卷 第 3 页 共 10 页
A Suppose you have everything: a good job, good health, good relationships and a lot of money to spend. But still there is something missing from your life. Guess what? The love. It is not something that you should ignore. Life without love is just like body without soul. Love gives meaning to life as without love life is meaningless. Lucky is the person who gets love and keeps the flames of love burning for ever. It is not a matter of days or months. Love is for life and life is for love. It is easy to fall in love but difficult to keep the flames of love burning. Before having serious long term love relationships, be sure that the person you love is also sincere with you. A selfish person can make your life terrible. If this is the case with you then try to get rid of that person as soon as possible.
高一英语试卷 第 4 页 共 10 页
Most people do not give importance to their love life as they give importance to their professional life. This is a bad choice which ruins the whole life. A balance between the two is necessary in order to enjoy life in its entirety .Do not lose the love you need. In order to make your life more exciting and enjoyable, you need a loving and caring person with whom you can share your values, dreams, joys and jokes. In difficult times of failure, pain, or loss of dear ones ,this person should stand firm beside you and comfort you in every possible manner. Love your life and love the person who is in your life. Keep the flames of love burning to live a great, great life. 56. What’s the meaning of the underlined sentence in the second paragraph? A. Love is only for life. B. Life is designed only for love. C. Life is not separated from love. D.When you have a good life, you can own a real love. 57. Which of the following do you think is the most difficult? A. To fall in love with a person. B. To find a real person loving you. C. To make the flames of love burning forever. D. To keep good relations with friends. 58. If you want to keep the flames of love burning, you should . A. try to get rid of your bad manners as soon as possible. B. make certain that the person you love is also sincere C. try to find out whether the person you love really loves you D. make sure that you treat the person sincerely 59 .According to the passage,the writer wants to tell us . A.to value everything one has B. to be sincere with the people around C.to live a life full of love all one’s life D. to avoid being a selfish person B If you are interested in studying at an American university, you have to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language. The test is widely known as the TOEFL. It is the most widely used language exam for American universities. There are two major kinds of the TOEFL test. The first is the IBT, or Internet-based Test. It is offered in most of the world and accepted by nearly every university and scholarship program in the United States.The other kind of the test is called the Paper-based Test or PBT. The PBT is less costly to take and does not require use of the Internet. But how to get started with TOEFL? Here are some tips .
高一英语试卷 第 5 页 共 10 页
1. Plan ahead ---It takes a long time to improve your TOEFL score. Do not expect a big lift in your test results after two weeks. You will have to spend a lot of time and energy. 2. Master the basics first ---You should have to be good at basic English before you take the test. If you score below 500 on the PBT or 70 on the IBT, study for a few months and come back to the TOEFL later. 3. Get a study guide --- It is easy to find study guides for the IBT. Pearson, Barron's, ETS, and Kaplan all produce quality materials. Take a practice test once or twice a month. The best study guides will have explanations in the answer key. 4. Use outside resources --- Remember, you are learning a language, not a test. You can improve your TOEFL score by making English part of your daily life. Some simple ways are listening to English speakers, watching movies and reading newspapers. Some others are reading English textbooks, sending and reading text messages in English, and writing online in English. The best way to do well on the TOEFL is to know English well.The real goal of the test is to measure how well a student can communicate in English-speaking classroom. If you want to know more ,please click here. 60. If you want to study in an America university, you have to_________. A.be very rich and work hard B. be well prepared to take the TOEFL test C.ask an English teacher to help you D.prepare for a month before taking the TOEFL test 61.From the passage we can learn that___________. A.the IBT is more expensive to take and requires use of the Internet. B.Pearson is a person who teaches quality materials. C.If you score 500 on the PBT,you can pass the TOEFL test. D.If you are good at reading ,you can pass the TOEFL test. 62.The real purpose of the TOEFL is to ,according to the passage. A.get more foreign students to study in American universities B.let foreign students know more about American universities C. measure one’s communicating ability in English. D.improve foreign students’ skills of taking tests 63.Where does the passage most probably come from? A.A website B.A lesson C.A science book D.A novel C J. K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter book series, began writing at age 6. In her biography（传记）, she well remembers her good friend, Sean, whom she met in secondary school, helped build her confidence in becoming a very good writer.“He was the first person to know my serious dream to be a writer. He was also the only person who thought I was certain to be a success at it, which meant much more to me.”
高一英语试卷 第 6 页 共 10 页
Rowling met many difficulties in her writing, especially fantasy(幻想） stories. It wasn't until l990 that she first got the idea about Harry Potter. As she recalls, it was on a long train journey from London to Manchester that “the idea of Harry Potter simply fell into my head. I didn't have a pen with me, and I was too shy to ask anybody if I could borrow one. I think, now, that this was probably a good thing, because I simply sat and thought, for four(delayed train) hours, and all the details appear in my brain, and this thin, black-haired, glasses-wearing boy who didn't know he was a wizard （男巫）became more and more real to me.” That same year, her mother passed away after a ten-year illness, which deeply affected her writing. She went on to marry and had a daughter, but separated from her husband shortly afterwards. During this time, Rowling suffered from depression （抑郁症） . She ,out of work,completed her first novel in the cafes, where she could get her daughter to fall asleep. After being refused by l2 publishing houses, the first Harry Potter novel was sold to a small British publishing house. Now with seven books sold nearly 400 million copies in 64 languages, J. K. Rowling is the highest earning novelist in history. And it all began with the confidence of a friend ! 64.Which of the following could be the best title of the passage? A.Confidence of a Friend Helped the Success of Harry Potter B.J.K.Rowing’s Hard Life and the Success of Harry Potter C.J.K.Rowing---author of the Harry Potter book series D.How J.K.Rowing Firstly Got the Idea of Harry Potter 65.According to the passage, we know J.K.Rowing_______. A.had a happy family B.had a ten-year illness C.earned a lot from her novels D.published 12 books in 64 languages 66.Where did J.K.Rowing first have the shape of Harry Potter? A.in the cafes B.on a train C.in a secondary school D. in a publishing house 67.What can we learn from the passage? A.Harry Potter’s friends didn’t know he was a wizard until he graduated. B.J.K.Rowing wrote down her idea while she was on the train by borrowing a pen. C.It’s lucky that J.K.Rowing didn’t have a pen while she got the idea of Harry Potter. D.Harry Potter was a thin,yellow-haired handsome boy with a pair of glasses on his nose.
Mr. Kim says, "saving lives and preventing new spread" is most important. The bank has given $117-million for an "immediate help." The World Bank President says the SARS outbreak between 2002 and 2004 showed how a disease could damage economies. 800 people died from SARS and the economic losses were up to $40-billion. Mr. Kim says SARS and the H1N1 outbreak of 2009 taught that fear and avoidance resulted in about 90-percent of the economic losses. That means the disease is causing two levels of economic damage. "There are two kinds of contagion(传染）. One is connected with the virus itself and the second is connected with the spread of fear about the virus," said Kim. The World Bank thinks the losses to the economies of Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea will be big .Mr. Kim says losses could be about $97-million at the moment. Mr. Kim says fast action is necessary. He says getting the disease under control is still far away. That is because there are not enough health care workers in the affected areas. The World Bank President says the most important measure is to act quickly in order to limit economic losses. 68.What does the underlined word mean in the second paragraph? A.effort B.disaster C.warning D.result 69.If quick action is not taken to stop the spread of Ebola, the economic losses could reach about_______by 2015. A.$800-million B.$97-million C. $117-million D.$40-billion. 70. What’s the main idea of the whole passage? A. Ebola is a serious and infectious(传染的） illness. B. Large numbers of people have died from Ebola. C. People in the West Africa are in great fear of the spread of Ebola virus. D. Ebola will harm economies in the West Africa seriously without quick action.
第四部分 第一节 词汇 （共两节 满分１５分） 单词拼写（共10小题；满分5分）
根据首字母或汉语提示写出正确的单词.补全下列各句 （共10小题， 每小题0.5分,满分5分） （使 . 用本模块相关的词汇）。
The World Bank is warning that the West Africa Ebola outbreak could seriously harm the economies(经济） of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone unless action is taken quickly. World Bank President Jim Yong Kim spoke to reporters recently to discuss the effects of the Ebola spread. "Our findings show that if the virus(病毒）continues to spread, the economic cost to these countries could grow eight times by 2015. This would be a big catastrophe to their already weak economies," said Kim.
高一英语试卷 第 7 页 共 10 页
71. The poor boy was very g_______ to the people who had helped him out of trouble. 72. Li Lei has a good c_______ of English so that he can understand the natives easily. 73. Nowadays ,some famous companies just hire the g_______ from key universities. 74. There’s no doubt that the project will be finished on _______.(时间表） 75. Many miners were _______(困住）under the coal mines and luckily they were rescued. 76. True friends are also _______ (忠实）ones who are always sincere with you. 77. I’ll give a $200 r_______ for returning my lost dog. 78. At the news that his father lost his life in the earthquake , the boy___(爆发）out crying. 79. The winner received lots of c_________ on his getting the first prize. 80. As a student,John always answers the teachers’ questions ______(积极）in class.
高一英语试卷 第 8 页 共 10 页
培养良好的品质：坚定、乐观，挑战困难，努力实现梦想…… 写作要求： 词数 120 词左右； 开头、结尾已给出，不计入总词数； 可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯; 乐观 optimistic adj. optimistically adv. optimism n. Ladies and gentlemen， Good morning! I’m Li Xin. I feel it an honor to give a speech here about “What I Want to Learn in Senior School.” _________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________
81. 我不愿意像大多数人那样在日记中记流水账。 I don’t want to______ _______ _______ ________ of facts in a diary as most people do. 82. 事实上，当不同的文化互相交流渗透时，所有的语言都会有所发展，有所变化。 , all languages change and develop when cultures and each other. 83. 她给了我一个坚定的眼神---这种眼神表明她是不会改变主意的。 She gave me a _____ look---the kind that said she would not _____ ____ _____. 84.在可怕的 15 秒钟内，一座大城市变成了废墟。 ________fifteen terrible seconds，a large city ________ _______ _________. 85.糟糕的是我没有这个证件，以为我不是在那里出生的，我担心我是不是会失业。 I did not have one because I was not born there, and I worried about whether I would become . 第五部分 写作 （共两节，满分 30 分）
第一节 短文填词 （共 10 小题；每小题１分，满分 10 分） 阅读下面短文，根据以下提示：１）汉语提示，２）首字母提示，３）语境提示，在每个空 格内填入一个适当的英语单词，并将该词完整地写在右边相对应的横线上。所填单词要求意义准 确，拼写正确。
The past five years have s 86 great changes in my school. On May 12, 2008, the earthquake in Wen Chuan was so terrible that it 87 (破坏） almost everything in the school. It is now, however, taking on a new look. Tall buildings have been put 88 , including classrooms and laboratory buildings, and a library. There is a 89 a newly-built standard playground. In the new environment, teachers and students are living h 90 and working hard. It is really exciting that the very place 91 was once ruined has now been turned into a beautiful school, 92 of life. 93 a matter of fact, the whole society has always been 94 （关心的）about the rebuilding of my school. It is their love and selfless help that have brought about the great changes. We can work wonders if we unite as a family, care for each other and help those 95 need.
第二节 书面表达 （满分 20 分）
Thanks for listening.
假如你是迎光中学的高一新生李新， 学校将为高一新生举办主题为“What I Want to Learn in Senior School?”的英语演讲活动以规划自己高中的学习、生活，请结合自身看 法与以下要点准备一份演讲稿。 要点包括： 1.学会学习：养成良好的学习方法、习惯（可举例说明）…… 2.学会与人相处：对人真诚、友善，帮助别人，与人相处融洽……
高一英语试卷 第 9 页 共 10 页 高一英语试卷 第 10 页 共 10 页
2014--2015学年度第一学期八县（市）一中期中考联考英语参考答案 Ⅰ听力30分：1—5 16—20 ABBAC ACACA 31-35 C C BDA 51-55 A B C D A D:68-70 B A D 6—10 BABC C 11—15 A B AA C
Ⅱ单选15分：21-25 B C C B D 26-30 B B C B C Ⅳ阅读30分：A:56-59 C C B C B:60-63 B A C A
Ⅲ完型30分：36-40 B A C B D 41-45 C B D C A 46-50 B B A C C C: 64-67 A C B C Ⅴ单词拼写5分：71-75 grateful, command, graduates, schedule, trapped 76-80 devoted, reward, burst, congratulations, actively
Ⅵ课文填空10分： 81.set down,a series 82.Actually, meet,communicate,with 83.determined, change her mind 84.In， lay in ruins Ⅶ短文填词10分： 86.seen 8 destroyed 88.up 89.also 90.happily 91.that 92 full 93 .As 94.concerned 95.in Ⅷ书面表达20分： 参考范文 What I Want to Learn in Senior School? Ladies and gentlemen， Good morning! I’m Li Xin. I feel it an honor to give a speech here about, “What I Want to Learn in Senior School.” Actually, what I want to learn most are as follows. To begin with, I am supposed to have good learning ways and habits to make certain that I will learn well. Clearly, successful study is based on good ways and habits. Furthermore, a class is like a family where I should get along well with others. But how can I? As we know, only if we are sincere and kind to others, can we have good relationships with them. Finally, I will learn to develop good qualities like being determined ,being optimistic and so on. Of course, don’t forget to set a dream and make all efforts to realize it. It is our determination that helps us to challenge difficulties and it is a dream that leads us forward. I believe I will live my life to the fullest in senior school. Thanks for listening. 85.Sadly， out of work
录音原文： Text 1 W: Would you like to go to the park by bus or on foot? M: By bus. You see, it’s Sunday today and it isn’t very crowded on the bus. Text 2
W: What a nice picture, a beautiful farm with cows everywhere! M: Thank you. I took the picture when I stayed in the countryside. Text 3 W: Hello? M: Hi, this is Ned. Are you busy? W: We’re eating now. Can I call you back in half an hour? Text 4 W: Have you ever been to Beijing? M: No. But I have been to Shanghai twice. It’s very beautiful. Text 5 W: Look at the picture! That boy is a new film star, isn’t he? M: Yes, he’s very popular with young people. W: He’s handsome! M: Yes, he is, but I don’t think he acts well. Text 6 M: Good morning, Suzie. Is Mr. Walker in yet? W: Hi, Tom. No, he isn’t. He called to say he’d be late. Is there anything I can do for you? M: Well, there is a problem, but I doubt you could be of much help... Did I say something wrong? You don’t look very happy. W: Well, I’m not very happy. What you just said makes me feel useless. And maybe I am. All I do is answer the phone, usher people into Mr. Walker’s office, and smile a lot. Anyone could do that. Text 7 M: Sit down, Mrs. Philips. Now what can I do for you? W: It’s my head, Doctor. I have a terrible headache and feel dizzy. M: I see, and when did these pains start? W: The day before yesterday, Tuesday. M: I’m going to examine you. Could you open your mouth wide, please? Thank you. Now I’m going to take your blood pressure. Could you roll up your sleeve for me? Thank you. W: Well? M: Well, Mrs. Philips, it’s nothing serious. Here’s a prescription for some medicine. Take it to the pharmacy and come and see me next Wednesday, please. Text 8 M: I’m sorry to tell you at such a late hour that I can’t come on the trip to Michigan tomorrow. Would it be possible to change the time? W: Well, it is a bit late to change it now. Everything is ready. M: I know, but I have a family emergency and I’m afraid I’ll have to deal with it at once. It really can’t be helped. W: In that case I’ll go and tell Jack and Jane about it. Do you want to change the trip to some time next week?
M: Any time the first half of next month would be better. W: All right. I’ll let you know the exact date as soon as we decide. M: Fine. Thank you so much. Sorry to give you so much trouble. Text 9 W: Did you get into trouble at school, Tim? M: Oh, yes. I used to play lots of jokes. W: What kind of jokes? M: Silly ones. I used to put something on my classmates’ seats or in their clothes. Everyone laughed, but the teachers always punished me. W: Were you a good student? M: No, not really. I used to talk a lot. In fact, I had to sit on my own in class. W: What did your mother think? Did she know you were a troublemaker? M: Oh, yes. I used to play jokes on her, too. For example, when I was little, my mother and I used to go shopping at a supermarket near our home. She used to walk and I used to take my bike. Once I went around a corner ahead of her and lay down with my bike on top of me. I went “Ooooh-aaaargh-ooogh”. My mother was very worried! She used to get very angry with me but she never hit me. Text 10 Hi, Peter. Thank you very much for your telephone call. I’m glad to tell you that we have two double rooms ready for you now. The two rooms are on the fifth floor with a good view of the Red Sea. The price for each room is ＄ 200 a night. Every morning from 7:00 to 9:30, your breakfast is free, but you have to pay for your lunch and supper if you eat in our hotel. Please remember that we only accept cash or credit cards. If you have any further questions or any special requests, just let us know and we will be very pleased to help. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel on August 10. I hope you will enjoy your stay with us. Thanks again for choosing our hotel.