非谓语动词专练 1 1. ______ more attention, the trees could have grown better. A. To give B. Having given C. Given D. Giving 2. The first textbooks ______ for teaching English as a foreign language c
ame out in the 16th century. A. to be written B. written C. being written D. having written 3. The missing boys were last seen ______ near the river. A. to play B. play C. to be playing D. playing 4. ______ in thought, he almost ran into the car in front of him. A. To lose B. Lost C. Having lost D. Losing 5. When passing me he pretended ______ me. A. to see B. not having seen C. to have not seen D. not to have seen 6. The children insisted ______ there on foot. A. they going B. they would go C. on their going D. going 7. He still remembers ______ to Shanghai when he was very young. A. taking B. being taken C. taken D. having taken 8. ______ the railway station, we had a break, only ______ the train had left. A. Arriving at; to find B. Coming to; discovering that C. On arriving at; finding out D. Hurrying to; to have found out 9. With the boy ______ the way, we had no trouble ______ the way ______ to Zhongshan Park. A. leading; finding; leading B. to lead; found; to lead C. led; finding; led D. leading; found; led 10. ______ these pictures, I couldn’t help thinking of those days when I was in Being and ______ from the top of a thirty-stored building, Beijing looks more beautiful. A. Seeing; seen B. Seen; seeing C. Seeing; seeing D. Seen; seen 11. I can hardly imagine Peter ______ across the Atlantic Ocean in five days. (NMET) A. to have sailed B. to sail C. sailing D. sail
12. If you wave your book in front of your face, you can feel the air ______ against your face. (MET) A. moved B. moving C. moves D. to move 13. ______ is known to all, China will be an ______ and powerful country in 20 or 30 years’ time. A. That; advancing B. This; advanced C. As; advanced D. It; advancing 14. While shopping, people sometimes can’t help ______ into buying something they don’ t really need. A. persuade B. persuading C. being persuaded D. be persuaded 15. There was terrible noise ______ the sudden burst of light. (MET) A. followed B. following C. to be followed D. being followed 16. Please excuse my ______ in without ______ . A. come; permitted B. coming; permitted C. coming; being permitted D. to come; being permitted 17. ______ his head high, the manager walked into the room to attend the meeting ______ then. A. Holding; being held B. Held; holding C. Having held; held D. Held; to be held 18. ——Did you hear her ______ this pop song this time the other day? ——Yes, and I heard this song ______ in English. A. sing; singing B. sung; sung C. sung; singing D. singing; sung 19. The question ______ now at the meeting is not the question ______ yesterday. A. discussed; discussed B. discussing; had discussed C. being discussed; discussed D. discussing; discussing 20. With the cooking ______ , I went on ______ some sewing. A. done; to do B. being done; doing C. to be done; doing D. to have done; doing
21. It is no use ______ your past mistakes. A. regretting B. regret C. to regret D. regretted 22. Her husband died in 1980 and had nothing ______ to her, only ______ her five children. A. left; to leave B. leaving; leaving C. leaving; left D. left; leaving 23. I am very busy. I have a very difficult problem ______ . A. to work B. to work out C. to be worked out D. to work it out 24. I would appreciate ______ back this afternoon. (NMET) A. you to call B. you call C. your calling D. you’ re calling 25. Climbing mountains was ______ , so we all felt ______ . A. tiring; tired B. tired; tiring C. tiring; tiring D. tired; tired 26. I saw some villagers ______ on the bench at the end of the room. A. seating B. seat C. seated D. seated themselves 27. She was glad to see her child well ______ care of. A. take B. to be taken C. taken D. taking 28. It is one of the important problems ______ tomorrow. A. to solve B. to be solved C. solved D. solving 29. ______ maps properly, you need a special pen. A. Drawn B. Drawing C. To draw D. Be drawing 30. There is a river ______ around our school. A. to run B. run C. running D. to be running 31. How about the two of us ______ a walk down the garden? A. to take B. take C. taking D. to be taken 32. I was fortunate to pick up a wallet ______ on the ground on the way back home, but unfortunately for me, I found my color TV set ______ when I got home. A. lying; stolen B. laying; stealing C. lay; stolen D. lying; stealing 33. With the kind－hearted boy ______ me with my work, I’m sure I’ll be able to spare time ______ with your work.
A. to help; help you out B. helping; helping you C. helped; to help you out D. to help; to help you 34. Greatly moved by her words, ______ . A. tears came to his eyes B. he could hardly hold back his tears C. tears could hardly be held back D. his eyes were filled with tears. 35. ——I hope the children won’t touch the dog. ——I’ve warned them ______ . A. not B. not to C. not touch D. not do 36. I would love ______ to the party last night but I had to work extra hours to finish a report. (NMET) A. to go B. to have gone C. going D. having gone 37. When ______ why he walked in without permission, he just stared at us and said nothing. A. been asked B. asked C. asking D. to be asked 38. The man kept silent in the room unless ______ . A. spoken to B. spoke to C. spoken D. to speak 39. Rather than ______ on a crowded bus, he always prefers ______ a bicycle. (NMET) A. ride; ride B. riding; ride C. ride; to ride D. to ride; riding 40. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his mother told him ______ . A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to 41. What’ s troubling them is ______ enough experienced workers. A. that they have to B. they have not C. their not having D. not their having 42. ______ his telephone number, she had some difficulty getting in touch with Bill. A. Not knowing B. Knowing not C. Not having known D. Having not know
43. Bamboo is used ______ houses in some places . A. to build B. to building C. to be built D. being built 44. Go on ______ the other exercise after you have finished this one. (MET) A. to do B. doing C. with D. to be doing 45. The day we looked forward to ______ . A. come B. coming C. has come D. have come 46. Whom would you rather ______ the work? A. to have to do B. to have do C. have to do D. have do 47. Do you think it any good ______ with him again? A. to talk B. talking C. to talking D. having talked 48. Sometimes new ideas have to be tested many times before ______ . A. accepting fully B. being fully accepted C. fully accepting D. fully being accepted 49. The government forbids ______ such bad books. A. published B. to publish C. publish D. publishing 50. Everyone in our class was working hard and doing what we could _______ a good college. A. enter B. to enter C. entering D. entered 51. He knows nothing about it, so he can’t help _______ any of your work. A. doing B. to do C. being doing D. to be done 52. All her time _______ experiments, she has no time for films. A. devoted to do B. devoted to doing C. devoting to doing D. is devoted to doing 53. The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier, ______ it more difficult. A. not make B. not to make C. not making D. do not make 54. The murderer was brought in, with his hands ______ behind his back. A. to be tied B. being tied C. tied D. having tied
55. _______ in 1636, Harvard is one of the most famous universities in the United States. A. Being founded B. It was founded C. Founded D. Founding 56. ---―Do you have anything more ______, sir?‖ ---―No. You can have a rest or do something else. ‖ A. typing B. to be typed C. typed D. to type 57. She took her son， ran out of the house, _____ him in the car and drove quickly to the nearest doctor’s office. A. put B. to put C. putting D. having put 58. The boss insisted that every minute ______ made full use of ______ the work well. A. be, to do B. was, doing C. be, doing D. was, to do 59. The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see ______ the next year. A. carried out B. carrying out C. carry out D. to carry out 60. How happy we are! The holiday we have been looking forward _______ at last. A. to has come B. to have come C. to having come D. has come 61. _______ the road round to the right and you’ll find his house. A. Follow B. Following C. To follow D. Followed 62. He looked around and caught a man ______ his hand into the pocket of a passenger. A. put B. to be putting C. to put D. putting 63. When you’re learning to drive, _______ a good teacher makes a big difference. A. have B. having C. and have D. and having 64. I felt it a great honour ______ to speak to you. A. to ask B. asking C. to be asked D. having asked 65. I would love _______ to the party last night, but I had to work extra hours to finish a report.
A. to go B. to have gone C. going D. having gone 66. The visiting Minister expressed his satisfaction with the talks, ______that he had enjoyed his stay here. A. having added B. to add C. adding D. added 67. ______in thought, he almost ran into the car in front of him. A. Losing B. Having lost C. To lose D. Lost 68. Can you have the washing-machine ______to my house? A. send B. to send C. sent D. sending 69. Now we could not do anything but ______for him here. A. wait B. waiting C. to wait D. waited 70. The teacher came into the classroom, _______by his students. A. following B. to be following C. followed D. having followed 71. On afternoon, Mrs Green went to the market, ___ some bananas and visited her cousin. A. bought B. buying C. to buy D. writing 72. ---I must apologize for ___ ahead of time. ---That’s all right. A. letting you not know B. not letting you know C. letting you know not D. letting not you know 73. She can’t help __ the house because she’s busy making a cake. A. to clean B. cleaning C. cleaned D. being cleaned 74. When I got back home I saw a message pinned to the door ___ ―Sorry to miss you; will call later. ‖ A. read B. reads C. to read D. reading 75. ___ a reply, he decided to write again. A. Not receiving B. Receiving not C. Not having received D. Having not received
非谓语动词专练 2 1. ____ some students, the teacher entered the hall. A. Following B. Followed C. Being followed D. Having followed 2. ____, and he had to go back home. A. Day having broken B. Night had fallen C. The day had broken D. Night fallen 3. Hearing his father was seriously ill, ____. A. he burst into tears B. his eyes were filled with tears C. his face lost its color D. tears came to his eyes 4. He did all this to make her ____, so she was very angry with him. A. laughed B. a good man C. laughing D. laughed at 5. Entering the house, I found Jane ____ at the desk and ____ something. A. seat; write B. sitting; writing C. seating; writing D. seated; to write 6. ____ so many people in the hall, I had to push my way to the front. A. Being B. There were C. There being D. As being 7. --- What would you like for breakfast? --- I don’t feel like ____. A. to eat something B. eating anything C. to eat anything D . eating nothing 8. He got out of the car, ____ to the nearest house and telephoned his friend for help. A. walked B. walking C. to walk D. walk 9. ____ all over the hills and around the lake are wild flowers of different colours. A. Growing B. Grown C. To grow D. Having grown 10. It was on his way home ____ he ____ his wallet. The next
morning he found it ____. A. that; lost; missing B. where; missing; lost C. which; missed; lost D. then; lost; missed 11. ____ some of the questions ____, the man said good-bye to us without making himself ____. A. Left; unanswering ; understood; B. Leaving; unanswered; understood C. Left; unanswering ; understanding D. Leaving; unanswered; understanding 12. I remember ____ to their party, but I ____ the invitation in the office. A. to be invited; have forgotten B. to invite; forget C. being invited; have left D. inviting; am leaving 13. --- Why did you go to the wrong class, Mr. Lice? --- Well, I forgot ____ I was supposed to go to. A. which the room B. which room C. what was the room D. what room was it 14. He can on the bed with his ____. A. closed eyes and his mouth open B. eyes closed and his open mouth C. closed eyes and open his mouth D. eyes closed and his mouth open 15. Finally I got my ____. A. salary raised B. risen salary C. salary rise D. salary to rise 16. ____ many times, she still can’t remember it. A. Had told B. Having been told C. Having told D. Being told 17. ____, his friends met him at the station. A. Arriving in Chicago B. Arrived in Chicago C. On arriving in Chicago D. When he arrived in Chicago
18. May thought it a great pity ____ to the party. A. not to be invited B. to be not invited C. not to have invited D. to have not invited 19. Lots of ____ news came every day during the ____ Asian Games. A. inspiring; 11th B. inspired; 11st C. inspiring; 11 st D. inspired; 11 th 20. Every Monday morning we will stand on the playground and watch the national flag ____ higher and higher. A. being raised B. raising C. rising D. being risen 21. ____ to be most difficult, Drill A is taken away from the lesson. A. Being considered B. Considering C. To consider D. Considered 22. The palace Museum is ____ again and again. A. worth being visited B. worthy visiting C. worthy of being visited D. worth to visit 23. Just keep quiet when you ____. A. are speaking B. are speaking to C. are spoken D. are spoken to 24. The old man kept his eyes ____ on the picture for quite some time. A. fixing B. fixed C. having fixed D. being fixed 25. The law prevents these birds ____. A. from killing B. from being killed C. not to be killed D. not killing 26. I can hardly imagine Peter ____ across the Atlantic Ocean in five days. A. sail B. to sail C. sailing D. to have sailed 27. Her room was found ____ into yesterday afternoon, but nothing was found ____. A. to break; steal B. to be broken; stolen C. being broken; robbed D. broken; stolen
28. Was it in the shop ____ he had his wallet ____? A. where; steal B. that; stolen C. that; steal D. where; stole
29. My watch needs ____, but I have no time to go to town to have it ____. A. to repair; repaired B. to be repaired; repairing C. repairing; repaired D. being repaired; repaired 30. They had to give in since he stuck ____ a meeting the next day. A. holding B. to hold C. to holding D. on being hold 31. Someone must come and get the work ____ sooner or later. A. do B. done C. doing D. to do 32. The little girl came ____ all along ____ for her Mum. A. running; crying B. run; cry C. running; cried D. to run; was crying 33. While he was in prison, comrade Li Dazhao would not give in and ____ bravely. A. fight B. be fighting C. fighting D. fought 34. --- Do you know Kate? --- Yes, very well. I’ve seen her ____ up from childhood. A. was growing B. to grow C. grow D. grew 35. She went to work quietly, ____ to work as hard as she could. A. her mind making up B. with her mind made up C. with her mind making up D. her mind being made up 36. The teacher told the students to stop ____ to him. A. to write and listen B. writing and listening C. to write and listening D. writing and to listen 37. ____ in the countryside, he was surprised by the right life in Paris. A. Being born and educated B. Born and educated C. Being born and educating D. Born and having educated
38. ____ is no use in saying anything. A. It B This C. That D. There 39. I found her ____ on a long bench. ----A. to sit B. sit C. seated D. seating 40. --- Do you feel like ____ out or would you rather have dinner at home? --- I’d like to go out. I always enjoy ____ dinner in a restaurant. A. dining; to have B. to dine; to have C. dining; having D. to dine; having 41. I was just about ____ the office when the phone rang. A. leaving B. leave C. to leave D. to leaving 42. It is foolish ____ such a mistake. A. for me to make B. for me making C. of me to make D. of me making 43. I don’t think it advisable ____. A. your studying maths B. you to study maths C. for you to study maths D. of you to study maths 44. The man managed to make himself ____ with his ____ French. A. understood; breaking B. understand; broken C. understand; breaking D. understood; broken 45. ____, the concert began. A. The listeners having taken their seats B. Having taken their seats C. Have taken their places D. The listeners to have taken their places 46. The sun ____, they went home. A. set down B. setted C. setting D. sets 47. It ____ heavily, the outing had to be put off. A. being rained B. being raining C. raining D. rains 48. ____ from the tallest building, the whole city looks very beautiful.
A. See B. Saw C. Seeing D. Seen 49. Tom is waiting ____ the doctor. A. to see B. for to see C. for seeing D. for see 50. I spoke to him kindly ____ him. A. to not frighten B. so as not to frighten C. in order to not frighten D. for not frightening 51. He was so foolish ____ his car unlocked. A. to leave B. that leave C. as to leave D. for him to leave 52. The students, ____ at the way the questions were put, didn’t know the answers to them. A. they surprising B. surprised C. their being surprised D. surprise 53. How I regret the days ____ in doing the useless work! A. which wasted B. having been wasted C. which wasting D. having wasted 54. When she returned home, she found the window open and something ____. A. to steal B. losing C. missed D. stolen 55. They wanted the work ____ with great care. A. to have done B. to be done C. doing D. to do 56. Why do you have the water ____ all the time? A. ran B. to be running C. running D. being running 57. I want the job ____ as quickly as possible. A. to do B. done C. doing D. be doing 58. ____ Sunday, all of them went out. A. It being B. Being C. To be D. Been 59. ____, this is easy to do. A. Generally speaking B. Generally spoken C. Generally to speak D. Generally to be spoken 60. He is an ____ man.
A. educated B. educating C. to be educated D. having educated 61. ____ what to do, she asked her teacher for help. A. Not known B. Not knowing C. Not to know D. Having not known 62. I remember ____ to Paris when I was a very small child. A. being taken B. having taken C. to take D. to do taken 63. The first thing they had got to do was to find something ____. A. eating B. eaten C. to eat D. to be eaten 64. The question is difficult ____. A. for answering B. for being answered C. to be answered D. to answer 65. Are they used to ____ by themselves? A. working B. work C. to be working D. have been worked 66. ____, he will make a good swimmer. A. Giving time B. Given time C. To give time D. to be given time 67. ____ who she was, she would reply, ―A person who is to help‖. A. Asking B. Asked C. To ask D. To be asked 68. When you listen to ____, try to catch the exact expression used. A. speaking English B. speak English C. English speaking D. English spoken 69. ____ the airport, they waved again and again to us. A. Leaving B. After C. Having left D. to leave 70. They are glad to see the children well ____ in the nursery. A. looking after B. looked after C. to look after D. to be looked after 71. I have not any money ____.
A. to leave B. to be left C. leaving D. left 72. He won’t like such questions ____ at the meeting. A. to discuss B. discussing C. discussed D. to have been discussed 73. They are looking forward to ____. A. Mary came B. Mary come C. Mary to come D. Mary’s coming 74. Please keep us ____ of the latest news. A. to inform B. informing C. informed D. to be informed 75. The door remains ____. A. locking B. locked C. to be locking D. to be locked 76. She had her arm ____ in an accident. A. to break B. break C. breaking D. broken 77. I advise you ____ before ____ job. A to wait; deciding to accept B. to wait; to decide accepting C. waiting; deciding to accept D. waiting; to decide accepting 78. A child can’t learn ____ without ____. A. spelling; being helped B. spelling; helping C. to spelling; being helped D. to spell; to be helping 79. Can’t you remember ____ me the story last night? A. to tell B. telling C. to be told D. to be telling 80. I didn’t mean ____ you angry. A. to make B. making C. made
to be making
非谓语动词专练 3 1. European football is played in 80 countries , ______it the most
popular sport in the world A. making B, makes C. made D to make 2. The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see ___ ___the next year . A. carry outB. carrying out C. carried out D. to carry out 3. The purpose of new technologies in to make life easier, __ _____it more difficult. A. not makeB. not to make C. not making D. don’t make 5. I’v worked with children before , so I know what ______inmy new job. A. expectedB. to expect C. to be expecting D. expects 6. Acomputer does only what thinking people _______. A. have it to B. nave it done C. have done it D. having it done 7. What worried the child most was ____to visit his mother in the hospital . A. his not allowing B. his not being allowed C. his being not allowed D. having not been allowed 8. Cleanig woman in big cities usually get ______by the hour. A. pay B. paying C. paid D. to pay 9. They are not very good, but we like_______. A. anyway to play basketball with them B. to play basketball with them anyway C. to play with them basketball anyway D. with them to play basketball anyway 10 He sent me an e-mail , _______to get further information. A. hoped B hoping C. to hope D. hope 11. _____is 1636, Harvard is one of the most famous universities in the United States. A. Being rounded B. it was founded C. Founded D. Founding 12, The ____boy was last seen ______near the East Lake. A. Missing, playing B. missing, play C missed , played D missed , to play 13. Tony was very unhappy for _______ to the party.
A. having not been invited B. not having invited C. having not invited D not having been invited 14. -Do your brother intend to study German? Yes , he intends ________. A. / B. to C. soD. that 15. He claimed _______in the supermarket when he was doing shopping yesterday. A. being badly treated B. treating badly C. to be treated badly D. to have been badly treated 16. To fetch water before breakfast seemed to me a rule________. A. to never B never to be broken C. never to have broken D. never to be breaking 17. She asked me to help her, _____that she couldn’t move the heavy suitcase alone A. only to realize B. realizing C. having been realized D. realized 18. Robert is said _______abroad, but I don’t know country be studied in . A. to have studied B. to study C. to be study D to have been studying 19. -Let me tell you something about the journalists. Don’t you remember ______me the story yesterday? told B. telling C . to tell D. to have told 20, There are five pairs ______, but I’m at a loss which to buy. A. to be chosen B. to choose from C. to choose D. for choosing 21-Mum , why do you always make me eat an egg every day? -______enough protein and nutrition as you are growing up. A. Get B Getting C To get D. To be going 22 . The lady said she would buy a gift for her daughter with the_____. A. 20 dollars remained B. 20 dollars to remain C. remained 20 dollars D. remaining20 dollars
23. Will those ____the children from abroad come to the headmaster’s office? A. teaching B. teach C. who teaches D. who teaching 24. While building a tunnel though the mountains, ________. A . an underground lake was discovered B. there was an underground lake discovered C. a lake was discovered underground D. the workers discovered an underground lake 25. I meant ____, but when I was leaving I couldn’t find her anywhere. A. to do B. to C. doing D doing to 26. _____more time, he’ll make a first-class tennis player. A. Having given B. To give C. Giving D. Given 27. Do you have any letters ______ today? -I had my son _______it this morning . Thank you anyway. A. post , to post B. posting , post C. being posting , posted D. to be post , post 28. He went to American _____some English as well as ____. A. learning , to travel B. learning, traveling C. to learn, travel D. to learn , to travel 29. The party was a success , but we thought it a pity not ______you. A. to invite B. to be inviting C. to have invited D. to be invited
30. When I handed the report to Hohn , he said that George was the person______. A. to send B. for sending it C. to send it to D. for sending it to 31Once your business because international, _____constantly will be part of your life. A. your fly B. your flight C. fight D. flying 32― Can you read ?‖Mary said ____to the notice. A. angrily pointing B. and point angrily
C. angrily pointed D. and angrily pointing 33. At first he didn’t mean _______ part, but he couldn’t resist ______a try. A. to take , having B. taking, to have C. to take, to have D. taking, having 34. The walls of the rooms are said ___white in no time. A. to be painted B. painted C. to paint D. having been painted 35. We are not _____fools _____believe what he says. A. such, as B. so, to C. such, who are D. such, as to 36. The old man seems ______here for more than twenty years. A. to be living B. to have lived C. to have been lived D. to live 37. The explosion sent us ______in all directions. A. run B. running C to run D. ran 38. I regret _____you that we are unable to offer you employment . A. to have inform B. having inform C. to inform D. informing 39. Did you see that boy _______the police over there. A. questioned B. to be questioned C. being questioned D. questioning 40. ______everything into consideration , they ought to be given another chance. A. Taken B. Taking C. To take D. Having taken 41. There’s no need _______. We have got plenty of time. A. having B. to hurry C. to be hurried D being hurried 42. -What’s the chance of there _____an election this year?- I have no idea. A. is B . to be C. being D. be 43. If _____, the experiment will be successful. A. carefully doing B . it done carefully C. carefully done D. doing carefully 44. Good care must babies particularly while they are ill.
A. take B. taken of C. be taken D. be taken of 45. Little Franz thought of nothing but ______football . A. play B. to play C. played D. playing 46. _____a reply he decided to write again. A. Not receiving B. Receiving C. Not having received D. Having not received 47. ____to someone , a British person often shakes hands with the stranger. A. Introducing B. To introduce C. To be introduced D. On being introduced 48. With lots of trees and flowers _____here and there, the city looks very beautiful. A. having planted B. planted C. have been planted D. to be planted 49. Paul can’t attend the party ____at Tom’s house at present because he is preparing for the speech at the party _______at Mar y’s house tomorrow. A. being held, to be held B. to be held , held C. held , being held D. to be held , to be held 50. -Car 17 won the race. - Yes , but its driver came close to ________. A. having been killed B. have been killed C. be killed D. being killed 51. The detective, _____to read a newspaper , glanced at the man ______next to a woman. A. pretending , seat B. pretending , seated C. pretended, seating D. pretended, seated 52. -What made you so angry?-_______. A. Tom having been late again B. Tom to be late again C. Tom’s being late again D. Tom was late again 53. -Shall we go swimming? –Ok, I’ll just go and get _______. A. to change B. changing C. changed D. it changed 54. The way he had the problem _____his ability.
A. setting showed B. settled showing C. settled showed D. settled showing 55. ______, his eyes fill with tears again. A. When asked B. On asking C. On being D . When he was asked 56The proposal I objected to ________finally last night and I did not feel happy about it . A. passing B. pass C. was passed D passed 57. There are only 30 seconds ___and we can’t but ____without him. A. to go , to go B. to go , go C. going , go D. going , to go. 58. John planned _____around Europe on horseback, but his ambition has not been achieved till today. A. to have traveled B. to travel C. traveling D. his traveling 59. Tom drank up the whole bottle of milk, _____even a drop to his little brother. A. not leave B. leaving C. not leaving D. not to leave 60. When ____behind , the little girl always cries for Mum. A. leaving B. being left C. t leave D. left 61 . There ______to buses. we had no choice but _______at a small hotel for the night. A. were , to stay B. being , to stay C. being , stay D. were , stay 62. _____used to be her job , but she has now turned_______. A. To teaching , to advertising B. Teaching, t advertise C. Teaching , to advertising D. To teach , an advertising 63. Rather than _____on a crowed bus, I prefer ____to work every day. A. to ride , to walk B. riding , walking C. ride , to walk D. to ride, walking 64. When I passed the park I saw the grass ______by some workers with lawn movers. A. cut B to be cut C. being cut D. cutting 65-The project _____for housing development is very important. -I
see , but he is sure to work it out on time. A. made B to be made C. making D. having been made 66. The boy with leg ______needs ___. A. broken , being looked after B. breaking, to look after C. broken, looking after D . breaking , to be looked after 67. I saw him stop off the pavement, ______the road , and disappear into the post office A. crossed B. crossing C. cross D. to cross 68. Why do you stand watch the milk _______over. A. boiling B. boiled C to boil D. being boiled 69. -Do you feel like ________there or shall we take a bus. -I’d like to walk . But since there isn’t much time left , I’d rather you _______a taxi. A. walking, hire B. to walk , hire C. walking , hired D. to walk. hired 70. Do you know the man, with his hand _______his eyes ? A. to shade B. shading C. shaded D. being shaded 71. I can hardly imagine Peter ______across the Atlantic Ocean in five days. A. sail B. to sail C. sailing D. to have sailed 72. The Olympic Games, _______in 776 B. C , did not include women players until 1912. A. first played B. to be first played C. first playing D. to be first playing 73. In the past , people used _____that the moon was too far away ________. But now it is possible for man ____there by spaceship. A. to think , not to reach , to get B . to think , to reach , to get C. to thinking, to reach , will get D. thought , to reach , to get to 74. Her son promised _____in the bedroom until the baby stopped_______. A. staying , to cry B . to stay , crying
C. for staying , to cry D. to stay, to cry 75. I hadn’t expected Robert _____, but I had hoped____. A. to apologize, that he could call B. apologize, that he would call C. to apologize, him call me D. to apologize , him to call me 76. I wondered whether the film was _____worth____. A. very, to see B. well, seeing C. very , beginning D. well , to be seen 77. The man managed to make himself ____with his _____French. A. understood, breaking B. understand , broken C. understand , breaking D. understood , broken 78. I forbid ____here, Who has permitted you ___ here? A. smoking, to make B. smoke , smoking C. smoking, smoking D. to smoke , smoking 79. Mrs Smith warned her daughter ______after drinking. A. never to drive B . to never drive C. never driving D. never drive 80. A person _____a foreign language most be able to use the language ______all his own. A. learning , forgetting B. to learn, to forget C. using , but D. who learns , to forget 81. _____from the moon , our earth , with water ______seventy percent of its surface, appear as a ―blue ball‖ A. See , covered B. Seeing , covering C. Seen , covering D. To see, to cover 82. As she is looking forward to ______from me , please remember _______this letter on your way to school. A. hear , post B. hearing , to post C. be heard , posting D. be hearing, to posting 83. The sentence needs ______. A. to improve B. improve C. improving D . improved 84. The lecture began by _____us where the island was and went on
_____about its history. A. telling , talking B. to tell , to talk C. telling , to talk D. be told , talking 85. After seeing the movie. ____. A. the book was read by him B. the book made him want to read it C. he wanted t read the book D. the reading of the book interested him 86. He is said _____for five years. A. to have died B. to die C. to have been dead D. dead 87. I don’t think it advisable_______. A. your studying math B. you to study math C. for you to study math D. of you to study math. 88 It is foolish ______such a mistake. A. for me to make B. for me making C. of me to make D. of me making 89. -Shall we go skating or stay at home? -Which _______do yourself? A. do you rather B. would you rather C. will you rather D. should you rather 90. Tom kept quiet about the accident ___lose his job. A. so not as to B. so as not to C. so as to not D. not so as to 91. She reached the top the hill and stopped ______on a big rock by the side of the path. A. to have rested B. resting C. to rest D. rest 92. What’s the language ______to Germany? A. speaking B. spoken C. be spoken D. to speak 93. -I usually go there by train. -Why not ____by boat for a change? A. to try going B. trying C. to try and go D. try going 94. The next morning she found the man ____in bed , dead. A. lying B, lie C. lay D. laying 95Most of the people _______to the party were famous scientists.
A. invited B. to inviting C. being invited D. inviting 96. – Good morning . Can I help you? -I’d like to have this package ______, madam. A. be weighed B to be weighed C. to weigh D weighed 97. There was a terrible noise _______the sudden burstof light A. followed B . following C. to be followed D. being followed 98. ____ , I went to the railway station to see my friend off. A. After eatingquickly my dinner B. After my quickly eating dinner C. After eating my dinner quickly D. After eating my quickly dinner 99. - The light in the office is still on. -Oh , I forget____. A. turning it off B. turn it off C. to turn it off D. having turned it off 100. John was made ______the truck for a week as a punishment. A. to wash B. washing C. wash D. to be washing
非谓语动词专练 1 答案 1―5 C B D B D 6―10 C B A A A 11―15 C B C C B 16―20 C A D C A 21―25 A D B C A 26―30 C C B C C 31―35 C A D B B 36―40 B B A CA 41---45 C A A A C 46----50 D A B D B 51---55 BBBC C 56---60 B AAAA 61---65 A DBCB 66-----70:DCCAC 71-75ABADC 非谓语动词专练 2 答案 1-5 ABADB 6-10 CBAAA 11-15 BCBDA 16-20 BDAAA 21-25 DCDBB 26-30 CDBCC 31-35 BADCB 36-40 DBDCC 41-45 CCCDA 46-50 CCDAB 51-55 CBBDB 56-60 CBAAA 61-65 BACDA 66-70 BBDAB 71-75 DCDCB 76-80 DAABA 非谓语动词专练 3 答案 1-5 ACBDB 6-10 ABCBB 11-15 CADBD 16-20 BBABB 21-25 CDADB 26-30DDDCC 31-35 DAAAD 36-40 BBCCB 41-45 BCCDD 46-50 CDBAA 51-55 BCCCD 56-60 CBACD 61-65 BCCCB 66-70 CCACB 71-75 CABBA 76-80 BDAAA 81-85CBCCC 86-90 CCCBB91-95 CBCAA 96-100 ADBCCA