Introduction -1.Brainstorming (2m)
How much do you know
about general science?
Introduction – 2.Free talk(3
m) What do you know about the things shown below?
Introduction - 3.Quiz time.(4m) Choose the correct answers to the quiz in Part 1. Then listen and check your answers. Answers: 1.Water exists as a solid, a liquid and a gas. 2. When you heat a metal, it expands.
3. Steel is a mixture of iron and other
4. Two-thirds of the earth’s surface is water.
5. The distance of the sun from the earth is
6. The earth is 4.6 billion years old.
7. The earth is forty-nine times larger than the
Introduction – 4.Classification(2m) Put the words in pairs or groups
contract air oxygen moon expand sun 1 2 earth solid gas moon liquid solid
air – gas - oxygen contract - expand earth – sun - moon gas – liquid - solid
Introduction – 5. Classification(2m) Put words in the right place.
electricity iron some metals
steel glass some metals electricity some metals (alloy for example)
1.Water exsits as a solid, a liquid and a gas. exist vi. 存在；生存(不用于进行时) existence n. 存在；生存 come into existence 产生； 出现 e.g. ①盐存在于很多东西里。 Salt exists in many things. ②没有空气我们无法生存。 We can’t exist without air. ③ 我们知道世界是何时产生的吗？ Do you know when this world came into existence?
2. When you heat a metal, it expands. heat n. 热量；热度，激动 vt. /vi. 加热，使变热（常和up连用） heated adj. 热烈的，激烈的; 愤怒的 e.g. ① 进去之前先测一下水温。 Test the heat of the water before getting in. ② “不，我不会的。”他说，声音里带着怒气。 “No, I won’t,” he said with heat in his voice. ③ 她把汤加热了一下。 She heated up the soup. ④ 激烈的争论 a heated argument
expand vt./vi. 膨胀，扩大；展开气球充气会 膨胀。 气球充满了空气会膨胀。 A balloon expands as it is filled with air. expand into 扩大成为?? 他的公司因盲目扩大陷入困境。 His copmpany expanded into a bog one. expand on 补充,阐述?? 他进一步阐述了他的新理论。 He expaned on his new theory.
3. When you heat a metal, it contracts. contract vt./vi. 收缩；签订合同 n. 合同；契 约 e.g. 金属热胀冷缩。 Metals expand when they are heated and contract when cooled. 签定合同 sign a contract 订立合同 make a contract draw up a contract
4. Steel is a mixture of iron and other substances. mixture n.混合物 e.g. 空气是一种混合物。 Air is a mixture. mix v. 混合，相融合，相处，交往 e.g. 水和油互不相溶。 Oil and water will not mix. 拓展： be mixed up in sth. 与??有牵连 be\get mixed up with sb. 与某人来往 Eg. 我不想和他往来。 I don’t want to be mixed up with him.
substance n. [c] 物质 水合冰是不同状态的同一种物质. Water and ice are the same substance in different forms. 化学物质 A chemical substance [u]本质,实质 ,内容 Eg.他一直在探讨宗教的实质。 He has been considering the substance of religion. 他的论文缺乏内容。 His paper lacks substance.
5. The earth is forty-nine times larger than the moon. 倍数表达方式 ① 倍数+as +形容词+as e.g. The house is twice as large as that one. ② 倍数+形容词的比较级+than e.g. This house is twice larger than that one. ③ 倍数+ the size (length, width, height, depth) of… e.g. This house is twice the size of that one.以
B 1. Why not try to ____your story into a novel? A. expend C. expense B. expand D. expect
2. The computer department has been ____to a few computer experts . A A. contracted B. contracting C. connected D. joined C 3. I don’t want to be ________the affair. A. mixed up B. mixed with C.mixed up in D.mixed in
4. According to his father’s will, he will A get____of possessions. A. two thirds B. second three C. two third D. two in thirds 5. It is said that the Yong Le Clock is A ____a man. A. 3 times as tall as B. 3 times as tall than C. 3 time as tall as D. 3 times as taller than