2012-2013 学年度第一学期 10 月份阶段测试 2012、10、5 一、基础知识运用（20） 21、If I ______you, I_______ a shirt. A. were, had worn B. were, would wear C. was , had worn D. was , would wear 22、 Did he tell you ____ ju
st now? A. what to wear B. how to wear C. what to wearing D. how to wear it 23. I like to give a speech _________ the classmates. A. in front B. in the front C. in the front of D. in front of 24. Somebody_____ in the next room. Can you hear it? A. sing B. sings C. are sing D. is singing 25.Can your mother _____you _____to a movie if you don’t finish your work？ A．let ,to go B. lets , to go C. let ,go D. lets ,go 26. It might belong to_____. A. Tom B. Tom’s C. Toms’ D. Tom’ 27. It’s ______small for John. A. much too B. too much C. too many D. many too 28. The bag could be_____. A. Tom and Lucy’s B. Tom’s and Lucy’s C. Tom and Lucy D. Tom’s and Lucy 29.______you_____ on the playground when you were at middle school ? A. Did , used to play B. Did , use to play C. Used , play D. Use ,to play 30.How are you _______your classmates? A. getting along B. geting along C. getting along with D. geting a long with 二．完形填空（共 15 空，每空 1 分，满分 15 分。 ） Sarah Winchester lived in California. She was a very __31__ woman. She didn't buy many jewels(珠宝) or__32__ clothes.__33__ she spent millions of dollars in __34__ a house. She began to do it at the age of 45. The strange thing about Sarah's __35__ was that it seemed never finished .the work on the house went on for 38__36__ because Sarah was afraid to __37__ building it. Sarah' s house was near San Jose. Every day, a lot of __38__ arrived there to work for her. Sarah wanted more rooms and more doors and more windows,__ 39__ the workers kept on building them. The house was seven floors high and had 160 rooms. There were 200 doors and l,000__40__. There were also three lifts,, nine kitchens, and 47 fireplaces. Why did Sarah want a house that kept getting __41__? It was because Sarah
was afraidof __42__.She thought she would die when the house was finished，so she didn' t want her house to be finished. Sarah Winchester's __43__ seemed to have worked(奏效)__44__ she lived to be 83 years old. But __45__, her house was finished. 31.A. poor B. rich C. useful D. brave 32.A.cheap B. expensive C. simple D. old 33.A.Still B. Usually C. instead D. Even 34. A. building B. buying C. selling D. setting 35. A. door 36. A. years 37. A. keep 38. A. drivers B. window C. kitchen D. house B. months C. weeks D. days B. enjoy C. stop D. help B. workers C. farmers D. visitors
39. A. but B. until C. since D. so 40. A. floors B. kitchens C. windows D. rooms 4l. A. bigger B. smaller C. stronger D. cleaner 42.A.working B. dying C. living D. growing 43. A. age B. family C. plan D. husband 44. A. or B. because C. neither D. nor 45. A. hardly B. usefully C. carefully D. finally 三．阅读理解(15) A 篇 In the world ,soccer of football is the most popular sport. This is because many countries have wonderful teams for the World Cup. The World Cup is held every four years. To remember 2002 FIFA World Cup ,children from different countries and more than 60 children from Japanese schools came together and spent three weekends drawing a big picture called“Dream(梦幻) World Cups”in Japan .The children drew animals, flowers and people playing soccer under a bule bright sky. They wished each football team good luck by drawing the flags(旗帜)of all the countries that will take part in the World Cup in Japan and South Korea.The picture was put up in a park near a playground in Yokohama .Some football teams will have games there.
Are you a football fan(迷)？The World Cup makeds more and more people interested in football Teenagers(青少年)like playing and watching football .Many of them love some football stars so much that they get the pictures of their favourite players on the walls of their rooms. That is the way to show their love for the World Cup as children in Japan. 46.If a country wants to take part in the World Cup ,she must have______. A.Many football fans B.a very good team C.many football player D.a big playground 47.The next World Cup will be held in_______. A.2006 B.2007 C.2005 D.2004 48.From the passage ,in the picture children drew many things except_________. A. people playing football B. pictures of some football stars C. a sunny sky D. flowers 49.In “ Dream World Cup ” ,the children drew the flags of some countries______. A. to show their love for their owe country B. to tell the people their stories C. to show their good wishes for the football teams D. to show their new ideas about football 50.Many teenagers owe the pictures of some football stars because______. A. they are interested in football B. they are football fans C. they think their favourite players are great D. all of A,B and C B篇 The Romans developed the first water bed. Rich Romans rested in a “bed”, which could be pushed gently from side to side and later it was used for making babies sleep. It’s said that the Romans first used gold or stones to make their beds beautiful. It’s recorded that the first mattresses(床垫) were quite simple. They were simply some leaves or dry grass around 9500BC. Around 3500BC, the Egyptian kings were told to sleep on a “bed” with a mattress, which kept the body off the ground during sleeping. The Greeks made
the mattresses with animal skins. Soon this kind of mattresses became popular, but of course these belonged to rich people. In the 18th century mattresses were of good quality. Not long after that, the spring(弹簧) mattress came into being after the spring was invented in 1865. There are usually either springs or foams(泡沫) inmodern mattresses. Some mattresses made of rubber may also be filled with air or water. Some modern mattresses can make you feel more comfortable and fall asleep faster. It’s hard to imagine what kind of mattresses will be invented in the future. 51. people got the idea of pushing beds from side to side to make babies sleep in ____________ A. Egypt B. Greece C. Rome D. Britain 52. The first mattresses were made of ___________ A. animal skins B. leaves or dry grass C. rubber and water D. spring and rubber 53. The spring mattresses might be invented ______________ A. after 1865 B. before 1865 th C. in the 18 century D. around 9500 BC 54. some modern mattresses can make people feel__________ A. very tired B. very nervous C. mush safer D. more comfortable 55. which of the following it TRUE? A. The Greeks made the mattresses with dry grass B. The mattresses were of poor quality in the 18th century C. Romans used gold to make their beds beautiful D. There are only foams in modern mattresses C 任务型阅读 In recent years, most Chinese people are under the pressure of high house price. It’s very difficult for most of them to afford a house. So the house price has been a serious problem in china now. will it drop this year? Xiong Renyu, a teacher in Shandong, said, “ I think the house price must drop soon. On the one hand, our government has already taken measures to control（控制）it. On the other hand, our government is trying to build more affordable houses(经济适用房). More and more people like to rent houses with less money.
You Yunting, a businessman in Beijing, said,”I don’t think the house price will drop. China has the largest population in the world. And it is increasing now. many people want to have their own house, so we won’t have enough houses to meet the housing needs.” Chen Xiaohui, a professor in Chengdu,disagreed with You Yunting,” with the help of our government , the house price in some big cities has already dropped. Some young people working in big cities would like to rent houses instead of buying them. In fact, most people in big cities want the house price to drop. All I want is to have my own house, I really want to change my living conditions,” said Liu Jia, a young man from Beijing . 根据短文内容，完成下列表格，每空词数不限。 Views about house price Dropping Xiong Renyu the Reasons or wishes
government house price
and is trying to build more 57__________________ You Yunting The population in china is Increasing ____58_____________
Some young people in big cities prefer to _______59_________
To _____60__________and own house
A man had a little daughter—an only and much -loved child. He lived for her. So when she became ill, he became a crazy man. He tried everything to bring her health back. However, his efforts didn’t work and the child died. The father was really sad, shutting himself away from his friends and refusing to do any activity. He didn’t want anything to bring him back to his normal self until one night he had a dream. He was in heaven and saw a group of all the little children angels(天使). They were walking in a line. All the angels were wearing white clothes and each child carried a candle(蜡烛). He noticed that one child’s candle was not lighted 点 （ 燃）. Then he saw that the child was his little girl. _2_he rushed to her right away and put her into his arms. He kissed her and then asked, “Why is your candle alone unlighted, darling?” “Daddy, they often light it again, but your tears always put it out.” Just then he woke up from his dream. The lesson was clear, and its effects were quick. From that hour on, he was not a sad father. He became cheerful with his friends. His darling’s candle would not longer be put out by his useless tears. 三.B(10) 61. 从文中找出与下句意义相近的句子。 The father was too sad to communicate with others and to do anything. ________________________________________________________ 62. 根据短文内容，在空白处填上一个合适的连词。_______________ 63. 根据短文内容，回答问题。 Why did the father become cheerful at last? ________________________________________________________ 64. 将文中划线句子译成汉语。 ________________________________________________________ 65. 根据短文内容，写出文章的标题。(7 个词以内) ________________________________________________________
一、听力 16、________________ 18、_________________ 20、____________________ 四、56、________________ 58、_________________ 60、______________________
61、_____________________________________________ 62、_____________________________________________ 63、_____________________________________________ 64、_____________________________________________ 65、_____________________________________________
五、词汇运用(20) 1．What kind of ______ (社会) work would you like to do after school? 2. Somebody _________ in the next room. Can you hear it ? (sing)
3. A lot of ______________ (游客) come to visit Qingdao every year. 4. Sometimes _______ can be turned into friends. (敌人) 5. She’s one of the most _____________(知识) women I have ever seen. 6. If I ______ ( be) you, I __________( face ) the pressure bravely. 7. In a few years’ time, the mountain here _______________ (cover) with trees. 8. You should try to answer my question _____________ (correct). 9.He always has ______________(信心) in what he’s doing or what he’s going to do。 10.Mr Green is always _________ （精力充沛的）and he never feels tired. 11. He said he __________________(interview) by the manager himself that day. 12. Don’t play so ___________ (noise) outside. The baby is sleeping. 13.There must be a dog _____________(叫) outside the house. 14. I was busy ____________ the box onto the shelf. (lift) 15.When the teacher came in, he _________ （ 假 装 ） to be searching the information on the Internet. 16．His experience as a volunteer is _______ to him.(有帮助的) 17.Our head teacher ___________（提供） us some useful advice. 18．You shouldn’t ____________（拒绝）to help him with his English. 19. There are still a large number of ________________(mystery) in history unknown in the world. 20. The thief __________ （逃跑）from the police after hitting a policeman. 六．汉译英填空(20) 1. 如果我是你，我会把钱捐给穷人。
I were you, I ________
_________ money to poor people.
2. 李刚是个容易相处的人。 Li Gang is esay to ________ 3. 一定是有人在唱歌。 There ___________ ____________ someone _____ . ___________ ___________.
4. 你认为可能发生了什么？ What do you think _________ 5. 那本杂志是谁的？是 Jack 的。 Whose magazine is this? It _________ __________ Jack. ________ _________?
6. 你们在业余时间都干些什么？ What do you do in your __________ 7. 一座木桥正在建设中。 A wooden bridge __________ ___________ ___________. __________?
8. 她没有到上学的年龄。 She is not __________ 四.短文填空（10） R newspaper has become important in our e 2 life. Some people read ___________ to go to school.
newspaper first in the morning, o 3 read newspapers as soon as they have free time. So they can learn what is h 4 in the world.
Sometimes, we do not have enough time to read all the news carefully, so we just take a quick look at the front page. At other times, we may be so busy t 5 we have only a few minutes to look at the headlines.(标题) Newspapers can be found e 6 in the world. We can get may d 7 kinds of newspapers in big cities, but in some mountain villages we see few newspapers. Some newspapers are published(出版) once a week, but most of the papers are published once
a day ,some are even published twice a day. You know different people like different newspapers. Some like world news, and others prefer short stories. They just choose what they are i 8 in.
Today newspapers in E 9 have the largest number of readers in the world. The English language is so p10 that many Chinese students are reading English newspapers. They bring us more and more information. 1.__________2. _________3. _________4. _________5. _________ 6. _________7. _________8. _________9. _________10. _________ 八、书面表达 假设目前你们学校正在开展“争当文明学生”的主题活动，请你用英文写 一段话谈谈你的看法。内容需要包括：在校内、公共场所等地方应该做什么不应 该做什么。词数在 80 字左右。文章的首句为： As a student, it is very important for us to know what to do and what not to do.___________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________