非谓语动词综合练习 300 题： 1. It is no use ______ with them. A. quarreling B. quarrel C. of quarreling D. being quarreled 2. It _____ twenty-five minutes ______ there by bus. A. cost; to get B. takes;
getting C. takes; to get to D. takes; to get 3. Some people’s greatest pleasure is _____. A. to fish B. fishing C. to be fish D. being fish 4. He seemed _____ here for five years. A. to live B. to be living C. to have lived D. be living 5. Excuse me for _____ in without _____. A. coming; asking B. coming; being asked C. to come; asking D. to come; being asked 6. He raised his hand _____ the taxi _____. A. to be have; stop B. to have; to stop C. having; stopping D. having; stop 7. People drink _____ water, but nobody drinks _____ water. A. boiling; boiling B. boiled; boiled C. boiled; boiling D. boiled; boiled 8. The traveler ____ on the hillside _____ at the sun rising. A. stands; look B. stand; and look C. standing; to look D. standing; looked 9. On a _____ morning the little match girl was found _____ at the corner of the street. A. freezing; frozen B. freezing; freezing C. frozen; freezing D. frozen; frozen 11. _____ that some foreign guests were coming, he got the room ready. A. Telling B. Being told C. Having told D. Having been told 12. ----What made you so deeply _____? ----His _______ speech. A. moved; inspiring B. moving; inspiring C. moving; inspired D. moved; inspired 13. ______ from the moon, our earth with water _____ twenty percent of its surface, appears as a blue ball. A. Seen; covered B. Seen; coveringC. Seeing; covering D. To see; to cover 14. Lying in bed all day means _____ time. A. wasting B. to have wasted C. to wasting D. to waste 15. Did you find a ____ old woman ______ on the ground when the door was broken open? A.dead; lay B. dying; lied C. dead; lied D. dying; lying 16. Did you close the door? ----Yes, I remember _____ it. A. to close B. to closing C. closing D. closed 17. My old grandpa always forgets ______ the door but he always says that he remembers _____ it.
A. to lock; to lock B. to lock; locking C. locking; locking D. locking; to lock 18. Have you ever ______ meat by yourself? A. tried cooking B. try cooking C. try to cook D. tried to cook 19. She seemed _____ what I said, I had _____ it again. A. to understand; to be saying B. didn’t understand; said C. not to have understood; to say D. not have understood; said 20. ______ some of the questions _____, the official said “See you later” to us. A. Leaving; unanswered B. Leaving; were unanswered C. Left; unanswered D. Left; unanswering 21. The computer center, ______ last year, is very popular among the students in this school. A. open B. opening C. having opened D. opened 22. The first textbooks ____ for teaching English as a foreign language came out in th the 16 century. A. having written B. to be written C. being written D. written 23. ______ in thought, he almost ran into the car in front of him. A. Losing B. Having lost C. Lost D. To lose 24. Cleaning women in big cities usually get ______ by the hour. A. paid B. pay C. to pay D. paying 25. The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see ______ the next year. A. carry out B. carrying out C. carried out D. to carry out 26. We agreed _____ here but so far she hasn’t turned up yet. A. having met B. meeting C. to meet D. to have met 27. Rather than _____ on a crowded bus, he always prefers ______ a bicycle. A. ride; ride B. riding; ride C. ride; to ride D. to ride; riding 28. The patient was warned _____ oily food after the operation. A. to eat not B. eating not C. not to eat D. not eating 29. I would love ______ to the party last night but I had to work extra hours to finish a report. A. to go B. having gone C. going D. to have gone 30. Robert is said _____ abroad, but I don’t know what country he studied in. A. not make B. not to make C. not making D. do not make 31. The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier, ____ it more difficult. A. not make B. not to make C. not making D. do not make 32. I would appreciate _______ back this afternoon. A. you to call B. you call C. your calling D. you’re calling 33. The salesman scolded the girl caught ______ and let her off. A. to have stolen B. to be stealing C. to steal D. stealing 34. The missing boys were last seen _____ near the river. A. playing B. to be playing C. play D. to play
35. The visiting Minister expressed his satisfaction with the talks, ______ that he had enjoyed his stay here. A. having added B. to add C. adding D. added 36. ----You were brave enough to raise objections at the meeting. ----Well, now I regret ______ that. A. to do B. to be doing C. to have done D. having done 37. ______ a reply he decided to write again. A. Not receiving B. Receiving not C. Not having received D. Having not received 38. European football is played in 80 countries, _____ it the most popular sports in the world. A. making B. makes C. made D. to make 39. When I got back home I saw a message pinned to the door, ______ “Sorry to miss you; I will call later.” A. read B. reads C. to read D. reading 40. The ground is _____ with ______ leaves. A. covered; falling B. covered; fallen C. covering; falling D. covering; fallen 41. It was stupid _____ your advice. A. for me to not take B. for me not to take C. of me to not take D. of me not to take 42. ----Did you get your pay? ----Yes, I remember _____. But I forget the exact time. A. being paid B. to be paid C. paying D. having paid 43. ______ of reading, he put down the book and stopped ____ TV. A. Tiring; watching B. Tiring; to watch C. Tired; to watch D. Tired; watching 44. It is important ____ a beginner _____ the correct pronunciation of a foreign language when he studies it. A. of; to teach B. for; to be caught C. of; to be taught D. for; to have taught 45. That Arab said that he had never heard of ____ a pilot. A. woman’s being B. a woman to be C. a woman’s to be D. a woman being 46. We have not to decide ______ there by bus or on foot. A. to get B. getting C. if to get D. whether to get 47. I must apologize for ______ ahead of time. A. not letting you know B. letting you not know C. letting you know not D. letting not you know 48. ----Did you have trouble with your car this morning? ----Yes, but i finally managed ____. A. to get it start B. get it starting C. to get it started D. getting it started 49. I prefer studying English at home ______ the match.
A. to watching B. rather than watching C. rather than watch D. to watch 50. I knew he didn’t listen to me, but I went on _____ to get him _____ in the plan. A. to hope; interesting B. to hope; interested C. hoping; interested D. hoping; interesting 51. ----I can’t make out whether this figure is a three or an eight. ----Perhaps you need _____ your eyes ______. A. examining; / B. to have; examined C. to have; examining D. to be; examining 52. I saw your father _____ under the trees, _______. A. seat; thinking B. seating; thought C. seated; think D. seated; thinking 53. The library needs ______, but it’ll have _____ until Sunday. A. to clean; to wait B. to clean; waiting C. cleaning; to wait D. cleaning; waiting 54. ______ many times, they succeeded _______ the experiment. A. Having tried; in doing B. Tried; in being done C. Having tried; to do D. Tried; doing 55. “We must keep a secret of the things _______ here”, the general said, _____ at the man in charge of the information office. A. discussed; stared seriously B. being discussed; seriously staring C. to be discussed; seriously staring D. having been discussed; and seriously stared 56. He did his best to make himself _____ with his ______ English. A. understand; spoken B. hear; spoken C. heard; speaking D. understood; spoken 57. My grandpa likes _____ young people _____ basketball. A. to watch; play B. watching; to play C. watching; playing D. to watch; playing 58. ----Whom should the message be sent to? ----My father is the one ______. A. to send it B. to be sent to C. for sending it D. to send it to 59. I didn’t feel like _____, so he suggested _____ an English letter right now. A. reading; practicing writing B. reading; to practice to write C. to read; to practice writing D. to read; to practicing write 60. It happened ____ when I got off the bus. A. to rain B. raining C. to be raining D. rained 61. The child used to write with a pen, and now he is ____ with a pencil. A. try writing B. trying to write C. to try to write D. trying writing 62. Nobody likes to ______. A. be laughed B. be laughing C. be laughed at D. be laughing at 63. If a thing is worth _____. It must be well _____. A. doing; done B. being done; doing C. to do; doing D. to do; done 64. Only by _____ too much money can we live through these months.
A. no wasting B. not wasting C. not having wasted D. not wasted 65. You were too hard to him. You will regret ______ those words. A. having said B. to say C. to speak D. to have spoken 66. Jack is not ____ to _____ up late. A. used; sit B. to be used; sitting C. to be used; sit D. used; sitting 67. Get ____, everyone. The meeting _____ to begin. A. seated; is B. place; is C. sitting; is about D. seat; is 68. He could do nothing but _____ for the bus _____. A. wait; to come B. to wait; come C. waiting; coming D. waited; came 69. This exercise requires _____ carefully. We should do as we are required ____. A. to do; doing B. to be done; doing C. to be done; to doing D. doing; to do 70. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his mother told him _____. A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to 71. I can hardly imagine Peter _____ across the Atlantic Ocean in five days. A. sail B. to sail C. sailing D. to have sailed 72. Robert is said _____ abroad, but I don’t know what country he studied in. A. to have studied B. to study C. to be studying D. to have been studying 73. The secretary worked late into the night, _____ a long speech for the president. A. to prepare B. preparing C. prepared D. was preparing 74. Charles Babbage in generally considered _____ the first computer. A. to invent B. inventing C. to have invented D. have invented 75. ----I usually go home by train. ----Why not ______ by boat for a change? A. to try going B. trying to go C. to try and go D. try going 76. ____ a reply, he decided to write again. A. not receiving B. Receiving not C. Not having received D. Having not received 77. Cleaning women in big cities usually get _______ by the hour. A. pay B. paid C. paying D. to pay 78. I’ve working with children before, so I know what ______ in my new job. A. expected B. to expect C. to be expecting D. expects 79. The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see _____ the next year. A. carry out B. carrying out C. carried out D. to carry out 80. There are three waiting-rooms in the new station, _____ about 1,000 passengers. A. seating B. sat C. seated D. sitting 81. The boss wants the work _____ with great care. A. to do B. to have done C. doing D. to be done 82. The young driver is quite used _____ in all sorts of weather. A. to drive B. to driven C. to driving D. drive 83. I am looking forward to ____ another chance _____ it again.
A. giving, try B. having; to try C. be given; to try D. given; trying 85. _____ for his bravery, he was asked to give a speech. A. Being admired B. Admiring C. Admired D. Having admired 86. The man _____ over there heard every word I said. A. stood B. who was standing C. they are standing D. standing 87. Why do you stand and watch the milk ____ over? A. to boil B. boiling C. boil D. to be boiled 88. No one enjoyed _______. A. to be laughed at B. to laugh at C. being laughed at D. laughing at 89. We are considering _______ a plan for the summer holiday. A. making B. to do C. doing D. to make 90. When I got back home I saw a message pinned to the door ______ “Sorry to miss you; will call later.” A. read B. reads C. to read D. reading 91. She regretted ______ to the party. A. having not been invited B. not having been invited C. not having be invited D. not to be invited 92. Would you mind ______ me what this word means? A. telling B. to tell C. told D. tell 93. The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier, _______ it more difficult. A. not make B. not making C. not to make D. do not make 94. It is no use ______ a lot without doing anything. A. talking B. to talk C. say D. speaking 96. His parents insisted on _____ to college. A. to go B. he should Go C. his going D. him to go 97. You must pay attention to _____ the teacher in the classes. A. listening to B. listening C. hearing D. hear to 98. The old lady prefers _____ TV to going to the cinema. A. watching B. seeing C. noticing D. to watch 99. He devoted his life to _____ the people heart and soul. A. serve B. to serve C. serving D. served 100. Weather ____, we’ll go outing. A. permits B. permitting C. allows D. allowing 101. Why not ______ for a walk? A. go out B. going out C. to go D. went 102. “Please ______ some chalk”, the teacher said. A. to fetch B. fetching C. to take D. fetch 103. I often heard her mother _____ the song. A. singing B. to sing C. sung D. sing 104. Professor Wang had us _____ compositions on Friday. A. to write B. written C. write D. writing
105. She was seen _____ the concert hall. A. enter B. to enter C. to enter in D. entered 106. Mr. Corset was made _____ his teaching because of his poor health and old age. A. to give up B. to give in C. giving up D. give up 107. The doctor advised his patient _____ more rest. A. to get B. would get C. will get D. get 108. They wanted the work ______ with great care. A. doing B. to have done C. to be done D. to do 109. We believed the little boy _____. A. having told the truth B. to have told the truth C. to tell truth D. telling the truth 110. The water is good _____. A. to be drunk B. to drink it C. to drink D. to drinking 111. He is too honest a boy _____ a lie. A. to tell B. not to tell C. telling D. that tell 112. It is foolish ______ such a mistake. A. for me making B. of me making C. for me to make D. of me to make 113. _______ is not easy. A. To cooking B. Cooking C. to be cooked D. Cook 114. All students ______ the cinema must return back the tickets. A. not go B. not going C. aren’t going D. don’t go 115. ________ the good news, we were cheerful. A. Hearing B. To hear C. Having heard D. We heard 116. He walked as fast as he could, ______ to get there on time. A. to hope B. being hoped C. hoping D. hoped 117. The book ______ on the table belongs to me. A. it is B. was C. lying D. lay 118. I like the stories _____ by the young writer. A. write B. writing C. being written D. written 119. _____ from the tallest building, the whole of Beijing looks very beautiful. A. Seeing B. Seen C. See D. Having seen 120. _____ carefully, the patient left the hospital. A. Having examined B. Being examined C. Examining D. Having been examined 121. _____ tomorrow’s lessons, I have no time to go out with you. A. Not having prepared B. Not preparing C. Not being prepared D. Prepared 122. Please have the candles ______. A. burnt B. burn C. burning D. to burn 123. ______ many times, he still couldn’t understand it. A. Having been told B. He was told C. Though had been told D. Having told 124. He pretended ______ when his father came in.
A. reading B. to have read C. to be reading D. to read 125. The novel is _______. A. worth to read B. worthy reading C. worthy of reading D. worthy of being read 126. I ______ to the library every few days. A. am used to get B. used to get C. used to getting D. used 127. The work had better _______ right now. A. do B. be done C. to be done D. to do 128. ______ his homework, he went to play football. A. Having finished B. Finished C. Having been finished D. In order to finish 129. The old man’s _____ pity on the snake led to his own death. A. being taken B. taking C. have D. give 130. His homework _______, Lin Hao began to watch TV. A. doing B. to do C. to be done D. done 131. ---- I didn't hear you come in last night. ----That’s good. I tried ______ noisy. A. being B. to be C. not being D. not to be 132. The patient can not but ______ the doctor’s instructions, though he doesn’t think it necessary. A. following B. to follow C. follow D. followed 133. ---- Are you going to leave now? ---- Unless you would prefer me _____ here. A. staying B. that I stay C. stay D. to stay 134. You _____ that building after dark. A. have no business for entrance B. have no reason entering. C. have no reason for entering D. don't have business to entering 135. Now the need _____ other people’s language is becoming greater and greater. A. learning B. to learn C. being learned D. learned 136. We haven’t decided which hotel ____. A. to stay at B. to stay C. is for staying D. is to stay at 137. The little girl found ______. A. with no one to play B. no one with to play C. no one to play D. no one to play with 138. The horses ought _______ hours ago by raisers. A. to have been fed B. to feed C. to be fed D. to have fed 139. Don’t get your school time _______; stay with us in this class. A. changing B. to change C. changed D. change 140. _____ on the road, the car was stopped. A. After seeing a stone B. the driver seeing a stone C. Having seen a stone D. to see a stone 141. _____ the journey, Li Wei sat down by the side of a river. A. Being tired B. Tiring C. Having tired D. Having been tired
142. He offered us a lift when he was leaving the office, but our work _____, we declined his offer. A. was not finished B. not having finished C. not having been finished D. wouldn’t be finished 143. It can be dangerous _______ a car too fast. A. driving B. to drive C. driven D. drive 144. There is no use _____ her at this hour. A. call B. to call C. called D. calling 145. I can’t understand why he avoided _______ to me. A. to say B. to speak C. to talk D. speaking 146. I object to ________ like a child. A. treating B. treat C. being treated D. be treated 147. The boy doesn’t raise his hand to answer any question, for he is afraid of _____. A. being laughed at B. laughing at C. laughed at D. being laughed 148. I clearly remember _____ him. I gave him five yuan. A. to pay B. paid C. paying D. to have paid 149. My father has always regretted _____ the farm. A. sold B. to sell C. selling D. having been selling 150. Entering the classroom, the teacher saw the desks and windows ______. A. cleaning B. have been cleaned C. cleaned D. to be cleaned 151. I would love ____ to the party last night but I had to work extra hours to finish a report. A. to go B. having gone C. going D. to have gone 152. The Olympic Games, _____ in 776 BC, did not include women players until 1912. A. first played B. to be first played C. first playing D. to be first playing 153. We agreed _____ here but so far she hasn’t turned up yet. A. having met B. meeting C. to meet D. to have met 154. How about the two of us ______ a walk down the garden? A. to take B. take C. taking D. to be taking 155. ---- I must apologize for _____- ahead of time. ----That’s all right. A. letting you not know B. not letting your know C. letting you know D. letting not you know 156. Charles Babbage is generally considered ______ the first computer. A. to invent B. inventing C. to have invented D. having invented 157. ----You were brave enough to raise objections at the meeting. ----Well, now I regret _____ that. A. to do B. to be doing C. to have done D. having done 158. I would appreciate _____ back this afternoon. A. you to call B. you call C. your calling D. you’re calling
159. The computer center, ______ last year, is very popular among the students in this school. A. open B. opened C. opening D. having opened 160. The salesman scolded the girl caught _______ and let her off. A. to have stolen B. to be stealing C. to steal D. stealing 161. Rather than _____ on a crowded bus, he always prefers ____ a bicycle. A. ride; to ride B. riding; ride C. ride; ride D. to ride; riding 162. The first text books _____ for teaching English as a foreign language came out th in the 16 century. A. having written B. to be written C. being written D. written 163. The missing boys were last seen _____ near the river. A. playing B. to be playing C. play D. to play 164. Paul doesn’t have to be made ____. He always works hard. A. learn B. to learn C. learned D. learning 165. The visiting minister expressed his satisfaction with the talks, _____ that he had enjoyed his stay here. A. having added B. to add C. adding D. added 166. The patient warned _____ oily food after the operation. A. to eat not B. eating not C. not to eat D. not eating 167. ______ in thought, he almost ran into the car in front of him. A. Losing B. Lost C. To lose D. Having lost 168. _____ a reply, he decided to write again. A. Not receiving B. Receiving not C. Not having received D. Having not received 169. ----Can you spare me some time? ----I’m afraid not. I have lost of letters _____. A. doing with B. to do with C. to deal D. to deal with 170. ----Whom should this message be sent to? ----My father is the one _____. A. to send it to B. to send it C. to be sent to D. for sending it 171. I can’t understand _____ at that poor child. A. you to laugh B. you laughing C. you laugh D. your laugh 172. I regret _____ her advice before. A. having not taken B. not to take C. not having taken D. haven’t taken 173. I’ll never forget _____ my brother in Paris last year. A. to see B. to have seen C. seeing D. having been seen 174. We must set about ____ our lesson for the mid-term examination. A. reviewing B. reviewed C. to review D. to be reviewing 175. I found John _____ the desk, _____ his homework carefully. A. seated at; to do B. sitting at; doing C. sat at; does D. taking his seat at; to do
176. ______, he suddenly found the shop he was looking for. A. When he turns round B. To turn the left C. Turned backward D. Turning to the left 177. ______, the meeting began. A. After sing a song B. After they sang a song C. Singing a song D. Having sung a song 178. Is this the watch you wish ______? A. to have repaired B. to repair it C. to have it repaired D. will be repaired 179. ______ some officers, Napolean inspected his army. A. Followed by B. Being followed C. Followed D. Having been followed by 180. With her husband ______ her, Marie was sure of her success. A. helps B. helped C. helping D. was helping 181. _____ many times, but he still couldn’t understand it. A. Having been told B. Though he had been told C. He was told D. Having told 182. They broke everything in the shop into pieces, _____ nothing. A. leaved B. leaving C. left D. to leaving 183. I saw someone ______ the cupboard and take out the books. A. opening B. opened C. opens D. open 184. He wore dark glasses to avoid _____. A. being recognized B. to be recognized C. recognized D. having been recognized 185. The bridge ______ now is very long. A is built B. building C. to be built D. being built 186. This is the problem _____ at the next meeting. A. to discussing B. to be discussed C. discussed D. being discussed 187. The ground is _____ with _____ leaves. A. covering; falling B. covered; fallen C. covering; fallen D. covered; falling 188. You have no excuse ______ to the lecture. A. for not coming B. for coming not C. of not coming D. not to come 189. ----I wish I could buy one of those beautiful dogs. ----I’m afraid they wouldn’t allow ______ in the hotel. A. you keeping it B. that you keep it C. you to keep it D. you keep it 190. It is considered no good _____ without understanding. A. recite B. to be recited C. recited D. reciting 191. It’s said doing right is hard but ______ is easy. A. doing good B. doing duty C. doing wrong D. to do harm 192. He walked as fast as he could, _____ to catch the 9:30 train. A. hoped B. to hope C. hoping D. be hoped 193. ____ with lots of trees, the house is not easily found. A. To surround B. Surrounding C. Having surrounded D. Surrounded 194. Having done his homework, he went on ____ a letter.
A. write B. to write C. writing D. written 195. You must get the work _____ in two hours. A. to do B. do C. being done D. done 196. The old farmer had his left arm _____ when he had his tractors _____day and night last summer. A. harmed; working B. harmed; to work C. harming; working D. harming; to work 197. ----Did you get your pay? ----Yes, I remember _____. But I forget the exact amount. A. paying B. to be paid C. being paid D. having paid 198. They stopped _____ but there were no more sounds. A. hearing B. to listen C. listening D. to listen to 199. I prefer studying English at home ____ the match. A. to watching B. to watch C. rather than watch D. rather than watching 200. The children are looking forward to _____ gifts. A. giving B. give C. being given D. be given 201. ----You look tired. ----That’s because Mr. Baker had us ____ reports all afternoon. A. wrote B. to write C. writing D. written 202. The man was brought in with his hands _____ behind his back. A. tied B. tying C. being tied D. to tie 203. _____ more time, we could have done the work better. A. Giving B. Given C. To give D. Having given 204. It was stupid _____ your advice. A. for me not to take B. of me not taking C. for me not taking D. of me not to take 205. He can’t help _____ housework, for he is busy _____ for the examination. A. doing; preparing B. to do; to prepare C. doing; to prepare D. to do; preparing 206. The girl said in a _____ voice that she was ____ by the dog. A. frightened; frightened B. frightening; frightened C. frightening; frightening D. frightened; frightening 207. Three days after Mrs. White’s _____ necklace was found, she was ______ it. A. lost; robbed B. missed; robbed C. lost; robbed of D. missing; robbed 208. Having tried many times, they succeeded ____ the experiment. A. doing B. in doing C. to do D. in being done 209. Please excuse ____ in without _____. A. come, asking B. coming; being asked C. to come; being asked D. coming; asking 210. There are a lot of peasants ____ in the rice field. A. who works B. who worked C. work D. working 211. Many teachers were praised at the meeting, Mr. Zhou ______. A. including B. being included C. to include D. included
212. ______ with fight, a hungry fox hid himself in a small cave, _____ his tail to the rain. A. Trembling; exposing B. Trembled; exposed C. Trembled; exposing D. Trembling; exposed 213. The news ____ Jim. He was ____ at the news. He found the news _____. A. surprised; surprised; surprising B. surprised; surprising; surprised C. surprising; surprised; surprised D. surprising; surprising; surprising 214. ____ made her mother very angry. A. Helen’s married Jack B. Helen has married Jack C. Helen marrying Jack D. Helen’s marrying Jack 215. When ____ the airport they waved again and again to me. A. leaving B. leave C. to leave D. left 216. When ____ into a warm room, the ice soon changed to water. A. to take B. taking C. taken D. to be taken 217. I felt it an honor ____ to speak here. A. to ask B. asking C. to be asked D. having asked 218. To answer correctly is more important than _____. A. a quick finish B. to finish quickly C. finishing quickly D. you finish quickly 219. Do you know ____ the repairs? A. to do B. to make C. how to do D. how to make 220. We don’t know ____ next. A. to do what B. what to do C. how to do D. what to do 221. They didn’t know ____ or say. A. to leave B. if that he should leave C. if to leave D. whether to leave 222. A job worth ____ is worth ____ well. A. doing; doing B. doing; to do C. doing; done D. do; doing 223. He used ____ on the right in China, but he soon got used ____ on the left in England. A. to drive; to drive B. to drive; driving C. to driving; to drive D. to drive; to driving 224. He suggested ___ the meeting to an end. A. bring B. to bring C. bringing D. on bringing 225. Jane devoted her life ___ the sick. A. to caring for B. to care for C. to caring D. caring for 226. He felt very tried. He really should stop ___ and go to bed. A. to study B. from studying C. studying D. of studying 227. Mr. John requires each of his students ____ a composition every other week. A. write B. to write C. writing D. written 228. This exercise requires ____ carefully. A. to do B. done C. being done D. doing 229. He likes ____, but he doesn’t like ____ today because it’s too cold.
A. to swim; to swim B. swimming; swimming C. to swim; swimming D. swimming; to swim 230. He sat ____ to her ____ the stairs. A. to listen; to climb B. listening; to climb C. listening; climbing D. listening; climbing 231. We didn’t miss ____ the football match last night. A. watching B. to watch C. watch D. watched 232. I don’t mind ____ to the party. A. being not invited B. not inviting C. not being invited D. not to be invited 233. He raised his voice so as to make himself _____. A. hear B. heard C. be heard D. hearing 234. Can you imagine _______ as a nurse? A. he work B. he to work C. him working D. he working 235. They insisted on _____ a thorough rest before going back to work. A. him to take B. his taking C. he took D. his taken 236. We don’t allow ____ in his room. A. smoking B. to smoke C. people smoking D. people smoke 237. You shouldn’t allow ______ games near the classroom, for it’s too noisy. A. students playing B. to playing C. to play D. students to play 238. I wouldn’t advise _____ there by bus, because it is too crowded. A. go B. to go C. to going D. going 239. No one enjoys ____ fun of in public. A. making B. being made C. to be made D. to make 240. They found a ____ old man ____ on the ground when the door was broken open. A. dying; lying B. dead; lied C. death; laying D. died; lain 241. The teacher forbade ____ our seats. A. us to leave B. us leaving C. to leave D. to leaving 242. You’d better get a doctor ____ your bad tooth. A. pull out B. to pull out C. pulled out D. pulling out 243. I haven’t got a chair _____. Will you make room for me? A. to sit B. for sitting C. to sit on D. sitting 244. Don’t get ____ in the rain/ A. to be caught B. catching C. to catch D. caught 245. When did you get your room ____? A. painted B. painting C. to paint D. to be painted 246. We can’t get the car ____. We need someone ___ us. A. to go; to help B. going; to help C. going; helping D. gone; helping 247. In those days my family didn’t have enough room ____. A. to live B. living in C. to live in D. living 248. It was so cold that the travelers had the fire ____ all the night. A. burning B. to burn C. burn D. burnt 249. I want to have him _____ the job, but he had it ____ instead. A. do; done B. does; doing C. to do; doing D. to do; done
250. Our teacher ____ his hand on my shoulder and said, “Don’t leave your books ______ about.” A. laid; laying B. lay; lying C. laid; lying D. lay; laying 251. I happened ____ the book before. A. to read B. to have read C. having read D. that I had read 252. His poor _____ English prevented him _____. A. spoken; from understanding B. spoken; from being understood C. speaking; from understanding D. speaking; from being understood 253. We would like the problem ____ at once. A. settled B. be settled C. to be settled D. being settled 254. ____ the house, he heard a strange noise ____ from upstairs. A. Entering; came B. On entering; to come C. Entering; coming D. On entering; coming 255. The boy, ____ his homework, went out to join in the game. A. doing B. had done C. done D. having done 256. This piece is said _____ by that musician. A. to be written B. to have been written C. that it was written D. to write 257. The Arab said that he had never heard of ____ a pilot. A. a woman’s to be B. a woman to be C. woman’ being D. a woman being 258. We have yet to decide _____ there by bus or on foot. A. to get B. how to get C. why to get D. whether to get 259. The little girl came, ____ a cake with two ____ candles on it. A. bringing; lit B. carrying; lighted C. brought; lit D. brought; lighted 260. There is nothing _______ but _____ down and wait for him ____ back. A. to do; sit; to come B. to do; sit; come C. to do; to sit; to come D. to be done; to sit; coming 261. Tigers _____ meat eating animals, _____ meat. A. belonged to; fed on B. belonging to; feed on C. were belonged to; feed on D. belonging to; feeding on 262. They used what they had _____ for their daughter. A. to buy a new dress B. buying a new clothes C. bought a new suit D. buy a new clothing 263. People always shake hands with each other when _____ to each other. A. to introduce B. introduce C. introduces D. introduced 264. ---I’d like to buy a new computer. ---Well, we have several models ______. A. to choose from B. of choice C. to be chosen D. for choosing 265. Many people stood in front of the old church _____ cold and hungry. A. suffered by B. suffering C. suffered from D. suffering from 266. If a thing is worth _____, it must be well _____. A. doing; done B. to do; doing C. to do; done D. being done; doing
267. This exercise requires _____ carefully. We should do as we are required ____. A. doing; to do B. to do; doing C. to e to be done; to doing D. to be done; to doing 268. The doctor said, “Why not _____ exercises _____ weight?” A. trying doing; losing B. to try to do; to lose C. try doing; to lose D. trying to do; losing 269. I saw a little girl _____ a hammer ____ the box. A. to use; to open B. use; open C. using; opened D. using; to open 270. If _______, please help him _____ it. A. asked; do B. asking; do C. to be asked; to do D. asking; to do 271. The book ____ by him is difficult _____. A. wrote; understanding B. written; to be understood C. writing; understand D. written; to understand 272. I’m glad_____ a chance _____ your family. A. to have been given; to visit B. to have given; to visit C. to give; to visit D. to be giving; visiting 273. They were seen _____ in by the black door, but nobody noticed them ____. A. come; leave B. to come; leave C. to come; to leave D. come; leaves 274. Have you seen the girl ____ golden hair ____ a necklace? A. having; wear B. with; wearing C. of; with D. growing; have 275. ____ by his expression, he got “A in the exam. A. Judged B. To be judged C. Judging D. Having been judged 276. ____ the letter, he went out to post it. A. Writing B. Being written C. Having written D. Written 277. ___ where to go, he asked a policeman the way. A. Having lost his way and not knowing B. Losing his way and didn’t know C. Lost his way and not knowing D. Lost his way and didn’t know 278. The thief missed ____ and ____. A. to be caught; to break away B. to be caught; broken away C. being caught; breaking away D. being caught; broke away 279. They managed ____ the meeting room before the guests arrived. A. finishing to clean B. finishing cleaning C. to finish cleaning D. to finish to clean 280. _____ a teacher, I should set a good example to the students. A. To be B. Being C. Having been D. As I being 281. ____ a teacher of people, one must first be their pupil. A. Being B. Having been C. To be D. To have been 282. Would you be so kind ____ me the way to the cinema? A. as to tell B. telling C. to tell D. for telling 283. Let’s find a room _____. A. to put the things B. where to put the things C. to put the things in D. putting the things 284. Don’t you think it any good _____ in public places?
A. forbidding smoking B. to forbid smoking C. to forbid to smoke D. forbidding to smoke 285. I consider ____ of every fish is a kind of murder. A. taking B. a taking C. the taking D. to take 286. I couldn’t understand the language _____ in that country. A. to speak B. speaking C. to be spoken D. spoken 287. He had left the window ______ when he went to bed. A. opened B. open C. being opened D. to be opened 288. I have a composition _____ this afternoon and I won’t have my hair _____. A. written; cut B. to write; cut C. to write; to cut D. written; to cut 289. I don’t mean _____ you because what I have said really means ____ you to be good. A. to hurt; to advise B. to hurt; advising C. hurting; to advise D. hurting; advising 290. You must get her ____ here this evening. A. come over B. came over C. coming over D. to come over 291. ---Who are those people with the banners? ---A group ____ itself the league for peace. A. calling B. calls C. called D. is called 292. What’s the reason for _____ there? A. not your going B. not you go C. you not going D. you not to go 293. As the stone was too heavy to move, I left it ____ on the ground. A. laying B. lay C. lying D. lain 294. It is _____ to see a savage _____ flesh of a human being. A. terrify; eat B. terrified; eating C. terrible; eaten D. terrifying; eating 295. The child used to write with a pen and now he is ____ with a brush. A. try writing B. try to write C. to try to write D. trying writing 296. It is important ____ a beginner ____ the correct pronunciation of a foreign language. A. of; to teach B. for; to be taught C. of; to be caught D. for; to have caught 297. ____ from space, the earth, with water _____ seventy percent of its surface, looks like a “blue ball”. A. Seen; covered B. Seeing; covering C. Seeing; covered D. Seen; covering 298. Have you forgotten ____ a ruler from Betty? Please remember ____ it to her tomorrow. A. borrowing; to return B. borrowing; returning C. to borrow; to return D. to borrow; returning 299. Though they had a meeting yesterday, there is much that remains ____. A. solve B. solving C. to be solved D. to solve 300. “We must keep a secret of the things ____ here”, the general said ____ at the man in charge of the information office.
A. discussed; stared seriously B. being discussed; seriously staring C. to be discussed; seriously stared D. having been discussed; and seriously stared 非谓语动词综合练习答案： 1—5： ADBCB 6---10:DCDA 11—15: DABAD 16---20:CBACA 21—25:DDCAC 26---30: CCCDA 31---35: BCDAC 36---40: DCADB 41---45: DACBD 46---50: DACAC 51---55: BDCAB 56—60: DADAC 61—65: DCABA 66—70: DAADA 71---75: CABCD 76---80: CBBCA 81---85: DCBC 86—90: DBCAD 91—95: BACA 96—100: CAACB 101—105: ADDCB 106—110: AACBC 111—115: ADBBA 116---120: CCDBD 121---125: ACACD 126—130: BBABD 131—135: DCDCB 136---140: ADACB 141---145: DCBDD 146—150: CACCC 151---155: DACCB 156—160: CDCBD 161—165: ADABC 166—170: CBCDA 171—175: BCCAB 176—180:DBAAC 181---185: CBDAD 186---190: BBACD 191---195: CCDBD 196—200: ACBAC 201—205: CABDD 206—210: ACBBD 211—215: DADA 216—220: CCBCB 221—225: DADCA 226—230: CBDDC 231—235: ACBCB 236—240: ADDBA 241—245: ABCDA 246—250: BCAAC 251—255: BBCDD 256—260: BDDBA 261—265: BADAD 266—270: AACDA 271—275: CCADC 276—280: CADCB 281—285: CACAC 286—290: DBBBD 291—295: ACCDD 296—300: BDACB