2. Mrs. Smith is a housewife. She usually gets up at seven o'clock every morning. Then she cooks breakfast and has it at half past seven. Mrs. Smith has a dog. Its name is Wangwang. She o
ften walks her dog at about half past nine. Mrs. Smith also likes doing sports, so she sometimes goes swimming at eleven o'clock. Then she has lunch at one o'clock and goes shopping at three o'clock. Before her family members come back, Mrs. Smith often cleans the garden at twenty-five past four. At six o'clock, Mrs. Smith always has dinner with her family. Every night, Mrs. Smith goes to bed at half past ten.
3. Lily is my good friend. She studies in Qingdao. It is about 3 kilometers from her home to school, so she usually rides a bike to get to school. It takes her about 20 minutes. When it rains, she goes to school by bus. The bus ride takes about eight minutes. Her parents work at a hospital. The hospital is about ten kilometers from her home. It takes her parents 10 minutes to get to the hospital by car.
4. Dear John, I’m not happy. There are too many rules in my family. In the morning, I have to get up early at 6: 00 and help my mom make breakfast every day. I can’t speak loudly at home. I can’t watch TV before I finish my homework. I can’t go out and see my friends on school nights, either. Before I go to bed, I have to clean my room and get everything ready for school. Rules, rules, rules! It’s so terrible! What can I do? Yours, Mike 6. Now it's seven o'clock in the evening. All my family members are staying at home. We are doing different kinds of things. Look! My father is reading a newspaper on the sofa. My mum is washing the dishes in the kitchen. In the living room, my grandfather and grandmother are watching TV. What about my little brother? Oh, he is playing with his toys happily. What am I doing? I’m sitting beside the desk and studying for a math test. Everyone is busy doing his things.
8. Dear Sarah, Welcome to my home. And now I’ll tell you how to get to my home. Walk from the train station and turn right when you see a bank there. The bank is next to the police station. Then go along Red Street and turn left at the first crossing. Walk along White Street. Turn right when you see the hospital. My home is across from the hospital. I’ll wait for you in front of my house. Yours, Zhang Hong
11. A pleasant outing Last weekend, I had a pleasant outing. My friends and I went to the North Hill Park by bike. The weather there was sunny and warm. And we did quite a lot of interesting activities. We rode bikes, climbed mountains, took some photos and played games. The air was so fresh and clean that I enjoyed my outing very much. There I saw many beautiful flowers and met some friendly people. All in all, the outing was very exciting and relaxing.
12. Johnny's weekend Johnny had a busy but happy weekend. On Saturday morning, he did his homework. Then he cleaned his bedroom. On Saturday afternoon, he played sports with his best friends. They were very happy. On Sunday morning, he visited his uncle and had lunch with him. After that, he went to the library on Sunday afternoon. He enjoyed reading there. The library was quiet and clean. On Sunday night, he had a great time watching soccer game on TV.