2014～2015 学年度第一学期高二年期末考试 英 语 试 卷
（完卷时间：120 分钟；满分：150 分）
考试时间：12 月 20 日
/>第Ⅰ卷（满分 105 分）
第一部分：听力（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 第一节(共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷 的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How much will the man pay for the tickets? A. ? 7.5. B. ? 15. C. ? 50. 2. Which is right gate for the man's flight? A. Gate 16. B. Gate 22, C. Gate 25. 3. How does the man find about going to school by bike? A. Happy. B. Tired. C. Worried. 4. When can the woman get the computers? A. On Tuesday. B. On Wednesday. C. On Thursday 5. What does the woman think of the shirt for the pray? A. The size is not large enough. B. The material is not good. C. The color is not suitable. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 6 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几道小题，从每题所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项。听每段对话或独白前，你将有 5 秒钟时间阅读每小题。听完后，每小 题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白你将听两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. What can we learn about Mr. Brown? A. He is in his office. B. He is at a meeting. C. He is out for a meal. 7. What will the man probably do next? A. Call bac k. B. Come again. C. Leave a message. 听第7段材料，回答第8至9题。
8. What kind of room does the man want to take? A. A single room. B. A double room. C. A room for three. 9. What does the man need to put in the form? A. Telephone and student card number. B. Student card number and address. C. Address and telephone number. 听第8段材料，回答第10至12题。 10. What is the relationship between the speakers? A. Fellow clerks. B. boss and secretary. C. customer and salesman. 11. What does the like about his job? A. Living close to the office. B. Chances to go abroad. C. Nice people to work with. 12. What do we know about the woman? A. She likes traveling. B. She is new to the company. C. She works in public relations. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 11 题。 13. When will the visitors come? A. In March. B. In April. C. In May.
14. How man y visitors are coming? A. 8. B. 10. C. 12. 15. What will the visitors do on the second day? A. Go to a party. B. Visit schools. C. Attend a lecture. 16. Where will the visitors go on the final day? A. To London. B. To Scotland. C. To the coast. 听第10段材料，回答第17至20题。 17. What is the first word the baby tried to say? A. Truck, B. OK. C. Duck. 18. How old was the baby when he learned to say that word correctly? A. About 18 months. B. About 21 months. C. About 24 months. 19. What did the father do when the baby screamed that word at the airport? A. He corrected the baby. B. He tried to stop the baby. C. He hid himself somewhere. 20. Why did the mother pretend not to know the baby? A. She got angry with the father. B. She was frightened by the noise. C. She felt uneasy about the noisy baby. 第二部分：英语知识运用（共两节, 满分 45 分） 第一节：单项填空（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 从 A、B、C 和 D、四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 21. ---I hear that people in the south of China suffered great drought and water shortage. -----Yes, ____news came as ______shock to all of us.
A. the, the
B. a, /
C. the, a
D. /, a
22. The class __________ 80 students is hard to manage. A. consisting of B. consisted of C. making up of D. made up
23. For Tim this was the beginning of a new life, A．what B．that C．it
he thought he would never see . D．one
24. It was only after I came across that matter_______ how important it was to master a foreign language. A. did I realize B. had I realized C. that I realized D. when I realized
25. Now that we’ve discussed our problem, are people happy with the decisions________? A. taking B. being taken C. taken D. to take
26. The boy, together with his brothers, _______ for the fight. A. was to blame B. were blaming C. was to be blamed D. were to blame
27. If we learn some knowledge of first aid, it can make a real ______ in time of accidents. A. appointment B. decision C. deal D. difference
28. _________the piano, someone suddenly knocked at the door. A. Playing B. When I was playing C. Played D. Having played
29. The meeting is to begin at 8 pm. _________ let’s make some preparations. A. When B. While C. During D. Meanwhile
30. ----- Is there anything wrong, Bob? You look sad. ----- Oh, nothing much. In fact, I ________ of my friends back home. A. was just thinking C. will just be thinking B. have just thought D. would just think
31. Hardly _____ at the meeting ______ the audience burst into applause. A. appeared the famous writer, than B. had the famous writer appeared, than C. had the famous writer appeared, when D. did the famous writer appear, when 32. _______ more money and time, they could have finished the project a lot better. A. Giving B. Given C. Having given D. To be given
33. The dying old man opened his mouth as if _________ something. A. to say B. saying C. to have said D. was saying
34. Mrs. Black _________ the story when her husband forgot the next detail. A. took on B. made up C. took up D. turned out
35. It is such a good place _____ everybody wants to visit _____ it is well-known all over the
world. A. where, that B. as, as C. as, that D. that, as 第二节：完形填空（共 20 题；每小题 1.5 分, 满分 30 分） In a hall crowded with audience, a famous professor started his lecture by holding up a￡10 note. He asked, " 36 is this piece of paper and is it worth anything?" "It's a ￡10 note, which can be 37 in markets for its value. "replied one of the many participants who 38 their hands. The speaker continued to crumple (弄皱) the ￡10 note using both his 39 until it became a piece of wrinkled (皱的) paper. He then 40 it again and made an unsuccessful attempt to keep it 41 , asking, "Does any one of you want it?" "Yes!" replied the participants. "Well," he said, "it looks that I haven't done 42 ! What if I do this?" And he 43 it on the ground and started to grind (磨) it into the floor with his shoe. He 44 the note, and it was now all crumpled, dirty and not easy to 45 from a distance. "Now would someone still like to 46 it for its value?'' Many hands went in the 47 . "I think that piece of currency is still holding its value," 48 a participant. "This bill can still get 49 worth ￡10." said another participant. Everyone agreed. "My friend, there is a very valuable lesson in what we were just 50 with. It might appear to some of you that I was able to change the ￡10 note during the process, 51 no matter what I did to this note, you still believe that my actions did not actually 52 its value. It was still a currency note worth ￡10". Many times in our life, we are dropped and crumpled by the 53 we make or the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are 54 . But whatever has happened or what will happen, please remember you never lose your 55 , you are still precious to those who love you. 36. A. Which B. When C. What D. Where 37. A. sold B. bought D. changed D. cashed 38. A. raised B. shook C. washed D. held 39. A. fingers B. arms C. hands D. wrists 40. A. examined B. unfolded C. opened D. unpacked 41. A. straight B. clean C. soft D. loose 42. A. enough B. all C. little D. any 43. A. split B. felt C. stepped D. dropped 44. A. took away B. turned in C. picked up D. handed out 45. A. know B. recognize C. view D. confirm 46. A. relate B. refuse C. share D. trade 47. A. hall B. sky C. air D. bank 48. A. questioned B. replied C. doubted D. approved 49. A. dictionaries B. food C. goods D. clothes 50. A. through B. up C. down D. over 51. A. so B. and C. or D. but 52. A. increase B. decrease C. lose D. double 53. A. appointments B. decisions B. apology D. progress 54. A. worthless B. priceless C. practical D. wonderful
55. A. heart B. courage C. way 第三部分：阅读理解（共 16 小题, 每小题 2 分 , 满分 32 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项。 A
Shirley Temple Black, who lifted America’s spirits as a bright-eyed child movie star during the Great Depression and later became a US diplomat(外交官), died at the age of 85 at her home in Woodside, California, on Monday. A family statement said, “We announce with great sadness that diplomat Shirley Temple Black, former Hollywood child star and forever America’s little darling peacefully passed away at her Woodside, California, home from natural causes, at the age of 85, on February 10, 2014.” She was surrounded by her family and caregivers. “We respect her for a life of remarkable achievements as an actor, as a diplomat, and most importantly as our beloved mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, and good wife for fifty-five years of much-missed Charles Alden Black, who has passed away.” Temple’s film career began in 1932 and she found international fame two years later aged in the film Bright Eyes, famous for the song On the Good Ship Lollipop. The youngster was seen with her hair in curls, and the unforgettable performance made her one of the biggest box office draws (有票房影响力的明星)of the times. She was awarded a Juvenile Academy Award in 1935 and starred in films such as Curly Top and The Littlest Rebel, helping the US deal with the depression of the 1930s. And she was credited with helping save the film company 20th Century Fox from being bankrupt(破产). But after retiring from the entertainment world in her early 20s with a special Oscar under her belt for the movie Stand up and Cheer when she was six, she created a role as an outstanding diplomat, serving as the US ambassador to Ghana and Czechoslovakia. Temple was also a delegate to several international commissions and was involved with the United Nations. She was the first woman to serve as US chief of protocol(礼仪) in the Department of State. 56. According to the family statement we can know that A. Shirley Black had been ill in bed for a long time B. Black’s family was of five generations before she died C. no doctors and nurses were allowed in Black’s home D. Shirley Black survived her husband Charles Black 57. What movie did Shirley Temple win the Oscar in? A. The Littlest Rebel. C. On the Good Ship Lollipop. B. Stand up and Cheer. D. Bright Eyes. . .
58. It can be inferred from the fourth paragraph that A. Shirley saved the falling American government
61. Which of the following is true according to the ad? A. Only $12 is to be paid for 24 issues of the magazine. B. Readers can get a free offer of the magazine any time of the year. C. Readers from all over the world can enjoy the free offer. D. Readers can communicate face to face with child experts on the Internet. 62. Where can we most probably read the ad? A. In the newspaper. C. In a supermarket. What can he do? A. He can cancel without getting your money back. B. In a website. D. In a library.
63. A reader subscribed PARENTS 3 months ago, but now he finds the magazine dissatisfying.
B. He can cancel after answering a series of questions. C. He can email them to access your bank account to get all your money back. D. He can cancel and get all your money back without answering any questions. C American Watersports Tuesday-Saturday Located on the beach of the Sea Gardens Beach Resort, there are fun things to rent for the whole family. They offer rentals for kayaks, jet skis, and even parasail! Enjoy the water up-close or from a bird’s eye view! No matter what activity you’re enjoying, be sure to protect yourself and your family from the sun’s powerful rays and apply plenty of sun block! 15th Street Boat Company Monday-Saturday 15th Street Boat Company offers rental boats of all kinds. They’re sure to have what you are looking for, whether it’s a small boat for a quick and simple outing or an extravagant boat with comfortable seats with a stereo and high tech navigation. You can rent a boat for half a day or a couple of days, or even weeks at a time. If you want it, they’ve got it. It’s fun for everyone! Coconut’s Watersports 9am-5pm Monday-Sunday Coconut’s Watersports is open 7 days a week and offers tons of water fun for the whole family. Jet Ski activities last 30 minutes or 1 hour and can make stops along the way. You must be at least 14 years of age to ride alone and can be as young as 3 to ride along with an adult. Everybody is required to wear a life jacket and a license is required to operate the Jet Ski. Bathing suits and shorts are recommended. Jet Ski Tours of Miami 10am-7pm Thursday-Sunday Jet Ski Tours of Miami includes onsite parking, indoor restrooms, lockers, and life jackets for participants. You may choose a one or two tour and each Jet Ski can hold up to 3 people. You must be at least 18 years old in order to ride. As long as you are accompanied by an adult, there is no age limitation for any passenger. There is a restaurant nearby to eat at. The tour visits 6 different islands and passes by Bayside and Hard Rock. You may even catch sight of dolphins, turtles or a crab resting in these splendid Florida waters. 64. You should especially protect yourself from sun burnt while visiting______. A. Jet Ski Tours of Miami B. Coconut’s Watersports C. 15th Street Boat Company D. American Watersports 65. Which of the following can help you enjoy sailing a boat? A. Go to the Sea Gardens Beach Resort. B. Visit 15th Street Boat Company. C. Choose Jet Ski Tours of Miami. D. Visit Coconut’s Watersports. 66. What’s a must to ride alone in the Jet Ski activities? A. One must be at least 14 years old. B. One must wear bathing suits and shorts. C. One must apply plenty of sun block. D. One must be accompanied by parents. 67. What will you do to satisfy your son’s curiosity about sea animals?
A. You would like to rent a boat to ride with him. B. You need a boat with comfortable seats with a stereo. C. You’d like to choose American Watersports. D. You prefer the tour to Bayside and Hard Rock. D Driven away by Somali pirates, international scientists are asking the Australian and U.S. navies for a favor: to place 19 robotic instruments in the Indian Ocean to record data on climate change. The Australian and British robots will be released by the two warships over the next six months, said Ann, a lead scientist at the Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, Australia's national science agency. "Everyone is concerned about climate change and this is the first big program that can monitor climate change in the ocean," Ann told The Associated Press. The robots collect key data used for forecasting wind and rainfall in Australia and South Asia. A "hole in our observations means our errors are much larger, and we can't tell farmers what to do because we don't know ourselves," she said. The nearly 2-meter -long robots are programmed to float 1,000 yards for 10 days, then fall 1.5 miles into the ocean to collect data before rising to the surface and reporting information to satellites. They provide near real-time observations of conditions of the ocean, which drive the climate and systems that bring rain to Australia. The multinational program places 3,000 instruments all together globally. "With the region north of Mauritius being a no-go area for most ships due to pirate activity, scientists have been unable to visit about one-quarter of the Indian Ocean since the increase in piracy.” Ann said. 163 of 266 attacks globally in the first half of this year, or 61 percent, were carried out by Somali pirates, largely in the Indian Ocean. This was up from 100 attacks by Somali pirates in the same period last year. Australia has more than 300 robots actively working in the multinational program. It will set another 15 instruments between Mauritius and Fremantle in Australia, northwest of the Australian North West Shelf, an area free of piracy. 68.According to Para 1-2, the robots are placed in the ocean to _______. A. help scientists find a way to prevent global warming B. help forecast weather in Australia and South Asia. C. reduce winds and rainfalls in Australia and South Asia D. stop pirates from hurting scientists working there 69.Which of the following statements is TRUE? A. The robotic instrument falls into the ocean to report information. B. Pirates have been active in the Australian North West Shelf for months. C. The robots float 1000 yards to analyze the observations of the ocean. D. The multinational program involves many countries, Britain included. 70.What problem do international scientists face now according to the text? A. Two warships prevent them from doing scientific research. B. They haven’t decided the place to set their robotic instruments. C. They are not allowed to enter some parts of the Indian Ocean.
D. The Australian and US refuse to provide them with help 71.We can infer from the passage that Somali pirates ________. A. often turn up in the north of Mauritius B. often explode the robotic instruments C. wounded scientists who work in the ocean D. have not been so active this year
第 II 卷
非选择题（满分 45 分)
第一部分：根据句子意思，用所给中文提示或首字母写出正确的单词。 （共 10 小题，每小 题 0.5 分，共 5 分） 72. You are m____________. John is not the man from the British Embassy. 73. Their plan to build a science park ended in f_______________. 74. F___________ speaking, I don’t really like him at all. 75. James was u__________ because he had lost his tickets. 76.. I felt great r____________ when I had passed the examination. 77. He has an ________________（独立的）income without working. 78. He was waiting for his brother’s return with _______________（焦虑）. 79. Don’t _________（判断）a person by his appearance. 80. Milton _______________（毕业）from Stanford with a degree in law last year. 81. Because of my new qualification, I am getting ___________________（晋升）. 第二部分：根据汉语提示完成下列句子。 （共 10 分） 82.为了防止疾病传播扩散，建议有的水源均需经过彻底检测。 To prevent the disease from spreading, it’s suggested that the source of all the water supplies ________ _______ thoroughly ____________ 83.值得称赞的是，他代表学校在英语演讲比赛中获得第一名。 _______ _______ __________, he got the first place in the English competition, representing his school. 84.青少年总是渴望挣脱父母的束缚。 Teenagers are looking forward to____________ ________ _________ their parents. 85. 我不明白他的解释。I can’t ___________ __________ _________ his explanation. 86.伦敦每年都以其众多的博物馆和历史建筑吸成千上万的游客。 London ______ thousands of tourists ___ its museums and historical architecture. 87. 出于方便考虑，我们最终买下这座房子, 它离学校和超市都很近。 We finally bought the house _________ _______________. It’s near both the supermarket and the school. 88.英国实际上包含了四个国家，其中英格兰是最大的一个。 The UK actually ____________ ______ four countries, of which England is the largest one. 89. 他的私人医生很快就为他找到一种新的治疗方法。 In no time his personal physician found a new ___________ ______ his disease. 第三部分： 短文填词（共 10 分）源:学科网 ZXXK] 阅读下面短文，根据以下提示：1）汉语提示; 2)首字母提示；3）语境提示，在每个空 格内填入一个适当的英语单词， 并将该词完整地写在右边相对应的横线上。 所填单词要求意 义准确、拼写正确。 After we finished the final exam, the long-desired winter
vacation arrived finally. As ______ as the bell rang, announcing 90____________ the e of the school, all of the students couldn’t wait to 91____________ rush out of the classroom. Standing in the ___________(拥挤的) 92____________ bus on the way home, we couldn’t help d _ about our 93____________ winter holiday plan. We were talking _________(兴奋) when I 94_____________ caught s of a young man, who stood close to an old 95____________ lady. He _____________(假装) to look out of the window and 96_____________ reached his hand into the lady’s bag to s ___ her money. 97____________ Without hesitation, I caught the thief ________ the help of others. 98____________ and sent him to the police. I felt p of what I had done. 99____________ 第四部分：书面表达（共 25 分） 假如你叫李华，你的英国朋友 Jack 来信说下学期要到你校学习，向你寻求建议。请你 给 Jack 写回信，在下面几方面给出建议，并希望他在你们学校里过得愉快。 （1）与同学见面要主动向同学问好，并做自我介绍（姓名、国籍等）。 （2）多与别人交流，并友好相处。 （3）如果方便的话帮助同学学英语。 （4）积极参加一些学校活动，比如艺术节、运动会等。[来源:学*科*网 Z*X*X*K] （5）其他建议。 要求：1、建议信应包括以上要点，可适当增加 2、字数：120 词左右（开头、结尾已给出，不计入总词数） Dear Jack， I’m glad to know you’ll come to our school next term .
Yours, Li Hua