班级 姓名 座号 成绩 …………………………………密…………………………………………封………………………………………线……………………………
福州市亭江中学 2013-2014 年第一学期高二年级 英语学科期中考试卷
命卷教师：邹荣 试卷总分：150 分 第一卷（共三部分，满分 115 分） 第一部分 听力（共二节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5
小题；每小题 1.5 分） 听下面 5 短对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How does the woman feel now? A. Sorry B. Angry C. Disappointed 审卷教师：潘彩玲 张曼 完卷时间：120 分钟
2. Which bag did the man buy? A. The yellow one B. The black one C. The red one
3. What will the man probably do? A. Ask Linda for advice B. Tell his sister the truth C. Lend some money to his sister
4. What are the speakers talking about? A. Photos B. A typewriter C. A photocopier
5. what did the man do yesterday? A. He drew a picture B. He visited his uncle C. He went to see a doctor 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分） 听下面 5 短对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个 选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各 个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，每个小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读 两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. Where are the speakers now? A. At the centre of the park. B. At the ticket office of the park C. At the entrance of the park 7. What will the man do first in Merry Kitty World?
A. Buy some balloons. B. Ride on the Space Rocket C. Watch a movie with his daughters. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 9 题。 8. How long will the course last? A. For three weeks B. For two years C. For three years
9. What do we know about the man? A. He is an English teacher. B. He has a Master degree. C. He is learning Chinese 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. Where did the car come from? A. The left B. The middle C. The right
11. What does the man say about the car? A. It had lights on. B. It was travelling at a fast speed. C. It was on the wrong side of the road 12. Where are the speakers? A. At a hospital B. On a road C. In a police station 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What is the relationship between the speakers? A. Teacher and student B. Musician and audience C. Schoolmates
14. How does Susan feel about playing in concerts? A. Enjoyable B. Uninterested C. Nervous
15. What does Carl think of playing the piano? A. It is just a waste of time B. It brings him much stress. C. It makes him relaxed. 16. What does the woman want to be? A. A doctor B. A teacher C. A musician 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What is the speaker?
A. A tour guide 18. When will the tour start? A. At 12:30 p. m
B. A zoo keeper
C. A teacher
B. At 11:00 a. m
C. At 9:00 a. m
19. When will the students be taken to first? A. The zoo’s information centre B. The insect house C. The entrance 20. What can we learn from the conversation? A. Students must bring money for the trip tomorrow. B. Students are not allowed to feed the animals. C. Students can buy sandwiches from the zoo shop. 第二部分 英语知识运用（共二节，满分 45 分） 第一节 单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） ： 从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡 上涂黑。 21. Many things impossible in the past are common today. A. being considered B. considering C. to be considered D. considered 22. --to the sun, the flower will become dry soon. --- What you said does make . A. Exposed; sense B. Exposing; sense C. Exposed; senses D. Exposing; a sense 23. Every time he to visit me, he buy me some books. A. will come; will B. comes; will C. comes; would D. will come; would 24. It is reported that the Group of Eight（G8） the eight richest countries in the world. A. is consisted of B. consists of C. is made up D. makes up 25. “Can’t you read? It’s a non-smoking section. ” I said to the notice A. angrily pointing B. and point angrily C. angrily pointed D. and angrily pointing 26. _____ protect himself, he ______ being made use of by his boss. A. In order to; denied B. So as to; denied C. So as to; refused D. In order to; refused 27. The young boy, who was late for school this morning again, managed to the classroom without anyone noticing. A. burst into B. slide into C. break into D. run into 28. — Why was it so noisy over there?
—The Twins were surrounded by their fans ____ they stepped out of the hall. A. until B. the instant C. in case D. so that 29. I have often heard the “ABC Song”_______, but I have never heard Alice _____ it. A. to be sung ; to sing B. being sung; sang C. sung; sing D. sang; singing 30. Would it be for you to pick me up at four o’clock and take me to the airport? A. free B. conflict C. clarify D. convenient 31. It was in the shop_________ Jane was working __________ I met Mary. A. that; where B. where; that C. where; where D; that; that
32. A quarrel _____, which made him _____ his family. A. was broken out; break away C. was broken away; break down 33. He asked us to B. broke out; break away from D. broke down; break out
him ______ carrying through their plan. D. help; with D. has he made
A. assist; with B. help; to C. assist; in 34. Not only _____ a promise, but also he kept it. A. does he make 35. Jack has had no his honesty. A. previous B. obvious C. cautious B. he made C. did he make
experience of this kind of job but he got the job offer just due to
第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的 最佳选项，并在答题卡上涂黑。 You either have it, or you don’t ----a sense of 36 , that is. But 37 is it that some people 38 themselves in the
could find their way across the Sahara without a map, while others can next street? Scientists say we’re all 39 with a sense of direction, 40
it is not properly understood
how it works. One theory(理论) is that people with a good sense of direction have worked hard at 41 it. Research being 42 out at Liverpool University 43 this idea and suggests
that if we don’t use it, we lose it. “Children as young as seven have the ability(能力) to find their way Martland, Research Director of the project. “However, or are taken everywhere by car, they will 45 44 ,” says Jim
they are not allowed out alone
46 develop the skills.” 47 to
Jim Martland also emphasizes(强调) that young people should be taught certain
improve their sense of direction. He makes the following suggestions: * If you are using a 48 , turn it so it 49 to the way you are facing. 50 like a big stone or a tree. Note
* If you leave your bike in a strange place, put it near
landmarks(路标) on the route(路线) as you go away from your bike. When you return, go back along 51 route.
* Simplify(简化) the way of finding your direction by using lines such as streets in a town, streams, or walls in the countryside to 52 you. 53 your steps 54 you know how far
you have gone and note any landmarks such as tower blocks or hills which can help to find out where you are. Now you will never get lost 36. A. smell 37. A. why 38. A. find 39. A. popular 40. A. however B. touch B. what B. desert B. born B. as 55 ! C. sight C. when C. lose C. familiar C. so C. discovering C. worked C. supports C. nearby C. unless C. possibly C. reasons C. radio C. gets C. something C. the other C. please C. Mind C. so that C. too D. direction D. where D. miss D. please D. but D. developing D. ruled D. celebrates D. away D. If D. always D. advices D. map D. leads D. nothing D. the extra D. inform D. Count D. whether D. forever
41. A. discussing B. displaying 42. A. checked 43. A. agrees 44. A. around 45. A. because 46. A. almost 47. A. skills 48. A. book 49. A. relates 50. A. anything B. carried B. ignores B. across B. since B. never B. programs B. torch B. comes B. everything
51. A. the difficult B. the same 52. A. guide 53. A. Find 54. A. though 55. A. again B. test B. Watch B. once B. much
第三部分 阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选 项，并在答题卡上涂黑。 A It was a winter morning，just a couple of weeks before Christmas 2005. While most people were warming up their cars，Trevor，my husband，had to get up early to ride his bike four kilometers away from home to work. On arrival，he parked his bike outside the back door as he usually does. After putting in 10 hours of labor，he returned to find his bike gone. The bike，a black Kona 18 speed，was our only transport. Trevor used it to get to work，putting in 60-hour weeks to support his young family. And the bike was also used to get groceries（食品杂货） ， saving us from having to walk along long distances from where we live. I was so sad that someone would steal our bike that I wrote to the newspaper and told them our story. Shortly after that， several people in our area offered to help. One wonderful stranger even bought a bike， then called my husband to pick it up. Once again my husband had a way to get to and from his job. It really is an honor that a complete stranger would go out of their way for someone they have never met before. People say that a smile can be passed from one person to another，but acts of kindness from strangers are even more so. This experience has had a spreading effect in our lives because it strengthened our faith in humanity（人性）as a whole. And it has influenced us to be more mindful of ways we， too， share with others. No matter how big or how small， act of can an kindness shows that someone cares. And the results can be everlasting. 56. Why was the bike so important to the couple？ A. They used it for work and daily life. B. It was their only possession（财产） C. It was a nice Kona 18 speed. D. The man’s job was bike racing. 57. We can infer from the passage that __________. A. the couple worked 60 hours a week B. people were busy before Christmas C. the stranger brought over the bike D. life was hard for the young family 58. How did people get to know the couple’s problem A. From a stranger. B. From a newspaper. C. From TV news D. From radio broadcasts. 59. What do the couple learn from their experience A. Strangers are usually of little help. B. One should take care of their bike. C. News reports make people famous. D. An act of kindness can mean a lot. 60. From this story，we can see humanity is __________. A. selfish B. commercial C. kind D. cold-hearted B I grew up in what most would consider a “ strict ” home. Church attendance wasn’t optional(可 选择的)， there were lots of rules, which at times caused resentment(怨恨). Perhaps the most and
extreme parenting decision my parents made for my four brothers and sisters and me was to create a home environment without a television. We hated this decision at that time, and there was seemingly no way to keep this embarrassing fact a secret at school. My classmates would bring it up frequently. Naturally, simple pleasures like cartoons, football games, and movies became huge novelties. I would want to go over to friends’ or relatives’ houses for that access alone. By the time I reached high school, my parents bought a television, though it had no cable. However, I did spend most of my childhood in a television-less home. In fact not having a television did contribute a great deal to my interests. We played competitive and sports games endlessly, organizing big matches with friends from around town. And of course I read and wrote and studied, which has pushed me toward a career path. So would I give a similar situation on my own children if I had them? I doubt it, at least not in the most extreme sense. I’m too much of a college-football-and-basketball fan, not to mention the TV serials(连续剧) like The Wire. But television or almost anything for that matter is unhealthy for kids. It can prevent them from living a full life. So maybe a reasonable answer is no cable or no video-game systems or simply putting hour-limits on our technologies and knowledge per day, but I don’t have it exactly worked out how to limit it yet. Despite some people’s disagreement with my idea, we do need limits after all. 61. According to the passage, the author’s parents . A. never went to church B. took part in few activities C. couldn’t afford a television D. paid attention to parenting skills 62. One reason the author hated his family having no TV set in his childhood was that A. his parent forced him to read and write B. his relatives looked down upon his family C. his classmates often laughed at him for this D. his friends knew more football stars than him 63. What does the word “novelties ” in Paragraph 2 probably mean? A. New and unusual things B. Funny stories and legends C. Unforgettable experience D. A number of difficulties 64. In the third paragraph the author stresses that in his childhood . A. he marched toward a career path B. he had fun in the woods and fields C. playing games gave him much pleasure D. not having a television benefited him a lot 65. We can learn from the passage that the author . A. doesn’t like TV serials B. doesn’t like to go to school C. knows how to limit TV-hours D. doesn’t think TV is good for kids C When you leave school, you can breathe a sigh of relief and leave learning behind, right? Wrong! Learning should last a lifetime. You exercise your body to stay strong, and you should exercise
your mind to stay sharp. An English idiom says, “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” But scientists have discovered that isn’t true. Older people can learn, and they should, in order to keep their brain active. Now a new trend has begun in several states in the US that encourages learning. Adults can attend One Day University. They can spend a Saturday or Sunday hearing four 70-minute lectures. Each one is given by a top university professor. One of the original participants said, “It’s like a health club for the brain. ” Also, universities like MIT have made all of their courses and lectures available online for free! Libraries offer learning programs too. With so much available, there is no excuse not to learn! Learning is a habit. Don’t leave it behind after you leave school. On the website lifehack. org, author Scott Young mentions several things to help you. Always have a book. It doesn’t matter if you read fast or slow. Just read. If you read just one book a week, you’ll read 52 over the course of a year. Think of the knowledge you’ll gain! Practice it. As you read, do something with what you’ve learned. Don’t just enjoy the mental exercise. Use the knowledge. If you read about painting, try it! Make a “to learn” list. Compose a “to learn” list for yourself. Maybe you want to speak better English, play the piano, or cook French food. Whatever interests you, put it on your list and then make the time to do it. Teach others. Whatever you learn, teach someone else. You’ll not only help others but also understand what you’ve learned 66. What’s the best title for this passage? A. Make learning last a lifetime B. What you should do after leaving school C. Several tips on learning D. A new trend in learning 67. What does the underlined part in Paragraph 1 mean? A. You don’t need to consider what you have learnt after graduation. B. Leaving learning behind is what you should do after a break. C. You can relax as you have escaped from the hard life of studing. D. You should have a good rest and then go on learning 68. How many ways of learning for adults in the US are mentioned in Paragraph 2 ? A. One B. Two C. Three D. Four 69. Which of the following is NOT a suggestion made by Scott Young in the passage? A. Keep learning as a habit. B. Always have a book. C. List what you want to learn D. Teach others what you learn 70. From the passage we learn that
A. we should read as fast as possible to gain more knowledge B. we should use the knowledge we have gained from books’ C. we can gain every kind of knowledge through books D. the main purpose of gaining knowledge is to teach others D The question has often been asked, “Do animals think?” Some animals really think a lot. This is often true with dogs and cats and also with other animals. Some birds are lively in their sports and the same is true with some insects. The ants, hardworking as they are, have time for play. They run races, wrestle and sometimes have mock fights together. Very busy must be their thoughts while they are occupied with these sports. However, many animals never play; their thoughts seem to be of the more sober kind. Never occupied with sport, frogs appear to be very serious all the time. The same is true with the owl, which always look as if they were considering some important questions. Animals think much while building their houses. The birds search for what they can use in building their nests as they think. The beavers(海狸) think as they build dams and houses. They think in getting their materials, in arranging them, and in plastering them together with mud. Some spiders build houses which could hardly have been made except by some thinking creatures. As animals think, they learn. The parrots learn to talk, though they are quite stupid in some other respects. The mocking birds learn to imitate different sounds. Though animals think and learn, they don’t make any real improvement in the way men do. Each kind of birds has their own of building a nest. And so do other animals. They have no new fashions, and learn nothing from each other. But men are always finding new ways of building houses, and improve methods of doing almost all kinds of labor. Animals seem to know much of these things without learning. They are said to do such things by nature, but no one can tell what nature is. By this, birds build nests and beavers dams and huts. If these things were all planned and thought out just as men plan new houses, There would be some changes in fashion and some improvements. While animals learn about things by their senses as we do, they don’t think nearly much about what they learn, and that’s why they don’t improve more rapidly. Even the wisest of them, as the elephants and the dogs, don’t think much about what they see and hear. 71. What is the passage mainly about? A. Animals can build their houses. B. Some animals really think much.
C. Birds can build their fashionable nests.
D. Animals think as they learn.
72. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage? A. The ants are likely to think busily when they play. B. The frogs seem to think as constantly as the owls. C. The beavers think as they make dams and houses. D. Some spiders have their houses built by other thinking creatures. 73. Which of the following can be inferred from the passage? A. Birds build the same homes as animals do. B. Birds and animals can improve their homes as men. C. Animals can make things as they learn from each other. D. Animals may do things by nature rather than by thinking as men. 74. The underlined word “sober” in Para 3 most probably means “ A. serious and thoughtful C. happy and lovely B. strict and careful D. sensible and calm . ”.
75. We can know from the passage that
A. animals can develop so rapidly that they will change and improve some day. B. animals’ minds are so much like ours that they can tell right from wrong. C. even the wisest elephants can’t think much as humans D. animals can think much about things by their senses as men do 第二卷（共三节，满分 35 分） 第一节 根据所给的中文提示完成句子（共 10 小题；每空 1 分，满分 10 分） 1. She couldn’t attend the meeting so her assistant 她不能参加会议，所以她的助手代她出席。 2. being fun and good exercise, swimming is a very useful skill. 除了作为一种有趣而且有益的运动外，游泳还是一项很有用的技能。 3. , Jack never told anyone exactly what had happened. 杰克对所发生的事守口入瓶，值得赞扬。 4. We’d better if we want to be on time. 我们如果想要准时赶到，最好加快速度。 第二节 短文填词（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） Dear Peter, I’m writing to ask whether you are able to do me a favor. of her
I want to have a pen friend, hopefully a girl in her and with hobbies s someone who is to mine. In my mind, she is (感兴趣) in traveling, swimming, , it would be better for her at home for some (分享)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
__ __ __ _ _ _ _ _
and playing table tennis. B to have a pet dog as I have kept
time. With such a pen friend, I think I can
with her our traveling experiences, ______ care of pets, or whatever we have in c_______. And I believe I will (提高) my English by doing so and learn more about her. I look forward to hearing you soon. Best regards, Li Hua
9. ________ 10. _
第三节 书面表达（共 15 分） 我们未来的生活将会是什么样的？每一个人都有自己的设想。假设你对未来生活的 设想包含以下方面，请据此写一篇短文，介绍你想象中的未来的生活。 1. 家中有能处理一切家务、参与各项活动的智能机器人（android） 2. 无人驾驶的环保型汽车成为主要的交通工具。 3. 人们可以去月球上度假 4. 孩子可以在家通过电视和网络接受教育。 注意：1.词数 100 左右；2 可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。
第一节 根据所给的中文提示完成句子（共 10 小题；每空 1 分，满分 10 分） 1. 3. 2. 4.
第二节 短文填词（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 1. 6. 2. 7. 3. 8. 4. 9. 5. 10.
第三节 书面表达（共 15 分） _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________