高一英语 必修三 Unit 1 课文 第 _ 1 课时 备课人 年 月 日
学习目标：1）Read the text（Para 1.2）and learn the language points. 2）might, would 等情态动词的用法 Step 1. Review some expressions in Unit 1 1. 单词：庆祝 n：__________
__ 起源；由来：____________；猎人：____________ 宗教的：____________ 祖先：____________；信仰：__________盛宴：__________ 2. 短语： 1. 发生，举行 6. 难以置信，不可思议 2. 为了纪念 7. 盛装打扮 3. 庆祝胜利 8. 搞恶作剧；开玩笑 4. 饿死 9. 大吃大喝；尽情享受 5. 信任 Step 2. Language points 1. Festivals and celebrations of all kinds have been held everywhere since ancint times. 自古以来，世界各地就有各种各样的庆典。 （1）of all kinds 作定语，修饰前面的名词。 I like flowers of all kinds.= I like all kinds of flowers. “(be)+of +名词”结构中的名词表种类、数量、度量等时,表示不同的人或物的共同特征,此时 名词前通常带有冠词。 常用的名词有 size/kind/type/price/height/depth/width/length/weight/age//colour 等。例如: ① We are of the same age. 我们同岁。 ② The twin sisters are of a size and the skirt fits each of them exactly.双胞胎姐妹的身材一样,这 件裙子两个人穿都非常合适。 ③ Machines are of different types and sizes. 机器有不同的型号和规格。 （2）since 作介词和连词 ① It has been half a year since we came here . ② I have studied English hard since then. in ancint times 在古代 in modern times 在现代 2. Most ancient festivals would celebrate the end of cold weather, planting in sping and harvest in autumn. 最古老的节日总是庆祝严寒的结束，春节的种植和秋天的收获。 would do 表示过去习惯性的动作 The old man would sit in front of the house, waiting for his son to come to visit him. used to do 过去常常做某事; 强调过去曾经做过，而现在不做了 1) I used to get up early and take an hour's walk before breakfast. 2) There used to be a hospital here, but now there is a beautiful garden instead. 【拓展】 used to do/be 过去常常做/过去是 be used to do 被用来做……(被动语态) be/get/become used to sth./doing ①My father used to smoke a lot. 我父亲过去烟抽得很厉害。 （暗含―现在不抽了或抽少了‖） ②I used to live in the countryside with my grandmother. 我曾经和祖母在农村生活过。 ③Wood can be used to make paper. 木头可以用来造纸。 ④I’m still not used to getting up early. 我仍然不习惯早起。 3．At that time people would starve if food was difficult to find , especially during the cold winter months.在那个时代，如果食物难以找到，特别是在寒冷的冬月。 “主语+be+adj. +动词不定式” ，不定式中的动词与主语构成动宾关系，不定式要用主动式。 1) The room is comfortable to live in . 2) He is easy to get along with.
3) English is easy to learn. 4. Some festivals are held to honour the dead or to satisfy the ancestors,who might return either to help or to do harm.一些节日，是为了纪念死者或使祖先得到满足，因为祖先们有可能回到世 上给人们提供帮助，也有可能带来危害。 (1) the dead/poor/rich/disabled/wounded/living ―the +形容词/过去分词/现在分词‖表一类人， 作主语 时谓语动词用复数 The rich are not always happy. 富人不总是开心的。 (2) honour n. [C] 光荣的人或事; 荣誉[U] v.给以荣誉 ① It’s an honour to be invited here.被邀请到这很荣幸。 ② She is an honour to his parents. ③ We fight for the honour of our country. ④ Will you honour me with a visit? 如蒙光临，十分荣幸 in honour of 纪念 ，对某人表示敬意 ① The museum was built in honour of the famous scientist. ② We held a party in honour of our new English teacher. win honour for 为...赢得荣誉 win honour for one’s motherland (3) do harm to sb.\do sb harm 对...有害 = be harmful to sb. (4) satisfy sb 使某人满意 be satisfied with 对...满意 ① Your words satisfied me . ② I am satisfied with your words. 5. They also light lamps and play music because they think that this will lead the ancestors back to earth.他们还会点起灯笼，奏响乐器，因为他们认为这样做可以把祖先引回世上。 lead ... to 把...领到... ① A boy led us to the villiage. ② Working hard can lead you to success. lead to 通向，导致 ① All roads lead to Rome. 条条大路通罗马。 ② Carelessness leads to failure. 6. On this important feast day, people eat food in the shape of skulls and and cakes with “bones” on them. 在这个重要的节日里，人们会吃制成颅骨形状的食物，以及装点有“骨头”的蛋糕。 (1)on 常用来表示―在某天或星期几‖。 另外， 表示―在某天的上、 下午或晚上‖时， 介词也用 on. 如： on Sunday(在星期天), on/at weekends(在周末), on February 8th(在二月八日), on Monday morning(在星期一上午), on the afternoon of November 21st(在十一月二十一日下午) on a cold winter evening(在一个寒冷冬天的夜晚) (2) in the shape of 呈…的形状; <口>以…形式 ① The cloud was in the shape of a cock. 那云成公鸡形。 ② He expressed his gratitude to us in the shape of an invitation to dinner. 他请我们吃饭, 表示对 我们的感谢。 7. They offer food, flower and gifts to the dead.他们向亡者祭献食物鲜花和礼品。 1) offer sb. sth= offer sth. to sb He offered me a good job.=He offered a good job to me. offer to do 主动做某事 He offered to lend me some books. 2) offer (sb) some money for sth (给某人)出价多少买某物 He offered (me) 1000 dollars for the old painting. 他(向我)出 1000 美元买这幅旧画。 offer (sb) sth for some money 开价多少把某物卖出(给某人)。如： We offered him the house for $30000. 那房子我们向他索价三万美元。
8. If the neighbours do not give any sweets, the children might play a trick on them . 如果邻居什么糖也不给，那么孩子们就可以捉弄他们了。 情态动词 may, might 表示“有可能”, might 表示一种很小的可能性。 —Are you coming to Jeff ’s party ? —I’m not sure. I____go to the concert instead. A. must B. would C. Should D. might might have done 表示过去可能做了什么；本可以做某事而实际上未做 ① You might have driven my car to the party yesterday. I wasn’t using it. ② He might have given you more help, even though he was very busy. ( 1990 全国) Step 3. Conclusion 1) 在现代 6) 通向，导致 2) 在古代 7) 对...满意 3) 纪念 8) 出价多少买某物 4) 对某人表示敬意 9) 在一个寒冷冬天的夜晚 5) 对某人有害 10) 呈…的形状; <口>以…形式 Step 4. 随堂练习： 1. It's said that a special building will be built in Japan _____ the terrible earthquake which happened in March. A．in place of B．in memory of C．in search of D．in need of 2. —Is Jack on duty today? —It ________ be him; it's his turn tomorrow. A. mustn't B．won't C．can't D．needn't 3. I like getting up very early in summer .The morning air is so good ________. A. to be breathed B．to breathe C. breathing D. being breathed 4. I am surprised that you should have been fooled by such a simple ____. A. role B. deal C. test D. trick 5. Too much work and too little rest often ____ illness. A. brings in B. gives in C. leads to D. owes to 6. —Have you heard the story of The merchant of Venice? —No. When and where does the story ____? A. take up B. take off C. take on D. take place 7. — Can I help you with it? (2012 江苏, 21) — I appreciate your ______, but I can manage it myself. A. advice B. question C. offer D. idea 8. —If you like， I can do some shopping for you. —That’s a very kind ______. （2006 浙江， 17） A. offer B. service C. point D. suggestion 9. I really appreciate ____to help me , but I am sure that I can manage it by myself. A. you to offer B. that you offer C. your offering D. that you are offering 10. —Where is my dictionary? I remember I put it here yesterday.? —You it in the wrong place. (2007 江西) A. must put B. should have put C. might put D. might have put 11. —Look!The clouds are gathering. —Yes, I’m afraid it ______ be pouring down soon. A. can B. must C. should D. might 12. What a pity! Considering his ability and experience, he ______better. （2008 江西） A. need have done B. must have done C. can have done D. might have done 13. —Is John coming by train? —He should, but he _______not. He likes driving his car. A．must B．can C．need D．may 14. When he was there, he ______ go to that coffee shop at the corner after work every day. A. would B. should C. had better D. might 15. —Why didn’t you come to Simon’s party last night? —I want to, but my mom simply _____ not let me out so late at night.（2011 重庆,25) A. could B. might C. would D. should
高一英语 必修三 Unit 1 课文 第_2_课时
备课人 年 月 日
教学目标：学习 Unit 1 Reading Para 3-6 教学重点： Language points 教学过程及方法： Step 1. Revision of the new words and phrases.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 某人一到达…… 增加体重，发福 授予某人…… 期望；期待 夜以继日地 6. 一件衣服 7. 好像 8. 和...玩的很开心
Step 2. Reading Step 3. Language points
1. People are grateful because their food is gathered for the winter and the agricultural work is over. 越冬的粮食收集起来了，农活结束了，人们都心怀感激。 1）We will miss you and are very grateful for what you did for us . 我们很想念你，对你为我们所做的一切深表感谢。 ① I am grateful to have you help me repair the house. 承你帮忙修缮房子,我十分感激。 ② I was most grateful to John for bringing the books 我非常感谢约翰把书带来。 2）gather 用法 ① Gather your toys up. 把你的玩具收起来 ② We gathered very important information. 我们搜集了很多重要情报。 ③ Look! Dark clouds are gathering. 看！天空变得乌云密布。 2. Some people might win awards for their farm produce, like the biggest watermelon or the most handsome rooster. 考点：award n. 奖品，奖； vt. 授予；颁奖 The award ceremony begins at 8：00. 颁奖仪式八点钟正式开始。 The school awarded Merry a prize for her good work. 【辨析】award, reward, prize award 作动词表示正式―给予， 授予 （奖品等） ‖； 作名词时表示―奖品， 奖金‖。award 后接双宾语：award sb. sth (通常为奖金或奖状)。 reward (give as a return for sth. done)因做某事给予―回报，酬劳，奖赏‖；作名词表 示―报酬，奖励，报答‖。句型是 reward sb. with sth.。 prize (offered or given as a prize) ―奖赏，奖金，奖品‖，尤指在比赛中获得的荣誉。 【即学即用】 ①The fireman received a _______ for saving the child’s life. ②He was _______ Nobel Peace _______ for his great deeds. ③He got the first _____ in the final exam. Key：①reward ②awarded; Prize ③ prize 3. The most energetic and important festivals are the ones that look forward to the end of winter and to the coming of spring. 最富有生气而又最重要的节日就是告别冬天，迎来春天的日子。 （1）look forward to + 名词 / 代词 / V-ing . 盼望（其中 to 为介词） I am looking forward to hearing from you.我盼望着收到你的来信。 注：to 为介词的短语还有: be/get used to 习惯于； object to 反对；devote …to … 把…献身于…；stick to 坚持；
come to 谈到 ；look up to 仰慕；尊敬 ；get down to 开始；着手 ；turn to 求助于； get close to 接近，靠近；pay attention to 注意；belong to 属于；lead to 导致； refer to 涉及，谈到；make contributions to 贡献于； 即学即用： ① Now I am looking forward to ________(receive) her letter from abroad. ② I used to ________(get) up early ,but now I am used to ________(sleep) until 11 am. ③ I prefer _________(go) out for a walk to _________(watch ) TV after supper every day. （2） ones 在此句中是代词， 代指 festivals。 one 和 ones 可以在句中替代前面出现的可数名词。 one = a (an ) +单数可数名词；ones = 复数名词；the ones =the +复数名词。 ① I lost my pen yesterday .I will buy one .(one 代指 a pen) ② Your question is a difficult one.（one 代指 question） ③ I do not like green apples .I like red ones. (ones 代指 apples) 拓展：辨析 it，one，that，those ① it 代替的是前面提到的同一名称的同一事物，即同名同物。所代替名词可以是可数名词也 可是不可数名词。I’d like to look at that book. May I borrow it? ② that 代替前面提到的特指事物，所代替名词可以是可数名词，也可以是不可数名词。 The doctor in our school is younger than that in their school. (that 代替 the doctor/the one) The weather of this week is worse than that of last week. ( that 代替不可数名词 weather) ③ those 代替前面提到的同类事物中的特指事物，只能指代复数名词，相当于 the ones。 The computers in your office are more expensive than those /the ones in our school. (those 代替 the computers) 4. The country, covered with cherry tree flowers, looks as though it might be covered with pink snow. 整个国度到处樱花盛开，看上去像罩上了一层粉色的雪 。 (1) as though /if “仿佛，好像” ，在句中引导方式状语或表语从句。无论引导哪种从句，当其所 表示的情况是事实或具有很大可能性时，通常用陈述语气；反之用虚拟语气。 He stared at me as if he had never known me before. He cleared his throat as though (he was) to say something .他清了清嗓子，像要说什么似的。 (2) cover n. 盖子；罩； （图书、杂志的）封面；床罩；遮蔽物 the cover of the pan 平锅盖; the front cover of the magazine 杂志的封面; a bed cover 床罩 vt. 覆盖；掩饰; 走完（一段路程）; 够付（费用）; 看完(多少页书); 占（时间或空间） ；涉及, 包含；报道（有关…...的消息） ① Mary covered her face with her hands. 玛丽用双手捂住脸。 ② The furniture is covered with dust. 家具上满是灰尘。 ③ Lies cannot cover up facts. 谎言掩盖不住事实。 ④ The city covers an area of 100 square miles. 这个城市占地面积100平方英里。 ⑤ They covered 120 miles in a single night. 他们仅一夜就走了120英里路。 ⑥ Is the money enough to cover the tuition? 这笔钱付学费够吗? ⑦ How many pages have you covered? 你读了多少页了？ ⑧ Two reporters covered the news story. 两个记者报道了这个新闻故事。 ⑨ His reading covers a wide range of subjects. 他阅读的书籍涉及多种学科。 Step 4 练习: 1. —Write to me when you get home. —___________. A．I must B．I should C．I will D．I can
2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24.
Mr. Bush is on time for everything. How ________it be that he was late for the opening ceremony? A．can B．should C．may D．must —I heard they went skiing in the mountains last winter. —It ________true because there was little snow there. A．may not be B．won’t be C．couldn’t be D．mustn’t be What a pity! Considering his ability and experience , he _______ better. （2008 江西） A. need have done B. must have done C. can have done D. might have done Lisa ______ well not want to go on a trip--she hates traveling. （2008 全国 II） A. will B. can C. must D. may The cost of renting a house in central xi’an is higher than ______in any other area of the city. A. that B. this C. it D. one I like this house with a beautiful garden in front, but I don’t have enough money to buy _______. A. one B. it C. this D. that Nine in ten parents said there were significant differences in their approach to educating their children compared with ______of their parents. A. those B. one C. both D. that Tom remembers everything exactly as if it ________ yesterday. A. was happening B. happens C. has happened D. happened The dying man was moving his eyes slowly as if ______for his relatives. A. to look B. looked C. looking D. he looked The teacher apologized ____ late. A. to his students to arrive B. to his students for arriving C. for his students to arrive D. for his students for arriving I didn’t mean to keep you waiting here for a long time. There are several traffic jams on the way. Can you ____ me? A. apologize B. interrupt C. forgive D. behave $ 1,000 a month could hardly ____ the cost of his life in such a big city in this country. A. spend B. take C. cover D. meet The subject ____ we are going to turn is about English study. A. about which B. with which C. about that D. to which –Thanks for ____ me of the meeting this morning. --You’re welcome. A. advising B. suggesting C. reminding D. telling In some parts of London, missing a bus means ____ for another hour. A. waiting B. to wait C. wait D. to be waiting It’s the ____ in the country to go out and pick flowers on the first day of spring. A. use B. habit C. custom D. normal I would be very _____ if you could give me an early reply. (2001 上海) A. pleasant B. grateful C. satisfied D. helpful This drawing is _____ to show the different shares each company takes up in the market. A. decided B. determined C. meant D. remained People ______ round, curious to know what was happening. A. collected B. gathered C. selected D. elected He is neither______ European, nor______ American. He is from______ Australia. A. a; a; / B. a; an; the C. a; an; / D. an; an; / The day everyone had been looking forward to __________ at last. A. coming B. came C. has come D. will come Traditionally, people make cakes __________ chicken, duck, tortoise, pig, cow or sheep with rice flour to celebrate the festivals. A. in memory of B. in honour of C. in the shape of D. in the name of I am sure something better will __________, but nobody believes me. A. turn up B. turn down C. turn on D. turn off