高考英语新题型：语法填空练 (1) The Internet has become part of young people’s life. ____1____ report shows that 38% of students often use the Internet . Most of them get _____2____ (use) information on th
e Internet ____3____ use the Internet to help in their studies. But many students don’t use it _____4____ a good way. Some play games too much, some visit websites ____5____ shouldn’t look at. So bad things may happen ____6___ students spend too much time on the Internet. _____7____ is important for students to use the Internet properly. Now we have a textbook, _____8____ uses many examples to teach students some good ways to use the Internet. It gives useful advice. Some students also make ____9____ on the Internet. But if you want to have a face-to-face ____10_____ (meet) with your online friends, let your parents know and meet in a proper place.
(2) Rivers are one of our most important natural resources. Many of the world’s great _____1____ are located on rivers, and almost ____2_____ country has at least one river flowing through it that plays _____3_____ important part in the lives of its people. Since the beginning of history, people _____4_____ (use) rivers for transportation. The longest one in the United States is the Mississippi, and the lifeline of Egypt is the Nile. _____5_____ transportation, rivers give water to drink, water for crops, and chances for fun and recreation for the people _____6___ live along their banks. However, large cities and industries that are located on rivers often make problems. As the cities grow ____7_____ size and industries increase in number, the water in the rivers becomes _____8_____ (pollute) with chemicals and other materials. People are learning the _____9_____ (important) of doing more to keep their rivers clean ____10______ they want to enjoy the benefits of this natural resource.
(3) Liu Xiang was the first Asian ______1_____ (win) the men’s 110m hurdles at the Olympics in Athens. ______2____ that he became an idol( 偶 像) to the young people. “I never thought I would run under 13 seconds and break the Olympic ____3____.”said Liu Xiang in tears, “I am very very excited. I’m proud not just for myself and for Chinese ____4____ for Asia. My race went ______5_____ (wonderful) from start to finish.” Liu added. “It is _____6_____ amazing experience being the Olympic champion. I want to thank my coach and my friends for _____7____their help. I think today we Chinese have showed the world we ____8_____ run as fast as anybody else.” Since his return from Athens, Liu Xiang has been at the center of a media circus and he has been to many press appearances and meetings. ____9____ Liu thinks 2004 is just the beginning, and he expects to be at his peak in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Liu said, “For some players, it’s just a job. For me, it’s ____10____ I love.”
(4) Will _____1____ matter if you don’t take your breakfast? Recently a test _____2_____ (give) in the United Sates. Those tests included people of different _____3_____ from 12 to 83. During the experiment, these people were given all kinds of breakfasts, and sometimes they got ______4______ breakfast at all. Special tests were set up to see ______5_____ well their bodies worked and when they had eaten _______6_____ certain kind of breakfast. The results show that if a person eats a proper breakfast, he or she will work with better effect _____7______ if he or she has no breakfast. This fact appears to be ______8______ (especial) true if a person works _____9____ his brains. For example, if a student eats fruit, eggs, bread and milk before going to school, he will learn more quickly and listen with _____10____ (much) attention in class.
(5) Enough sleep is important to health. The amount of sleep needed _____1_____ on the age of the person and the conditions in ______2____ sleep takes place. The young may need more sleep than _____3_____ old, but usually eight hours are enough for the health of grown-ups. Some can do with _____4_____ than this amount, but others may need more. Every person knows his own need. _____5_____ is then a matter of good judgment to satisfy his need. Sleep _____6_____ always be enough to make one bring back his ______7____ (strong) and get ready for a day’s work. Fresh air is necessary to sound sleep. So it is not ______8_____ reason for some people to think that it is practicable to sleep in the open air. A bath at bedtime, _____9_____ hot nor cool but of body temperature, may be helpful to sleep. Sleepproducing drug(帮助睡眠的药物) should never be taken except when _______10_____ (suggest) by a doctor.
in various flavors (风味) is often seen in restaurant ads. Eating snake seems to be now in vogue( 盛 行 ), and if you haven’t eaten snake yet, you ____2___(consider) “out of date”. But I wonder______3___ all the trends are worth following. Some people may defend themselves ____4_____ saying that snake meat is nutritious. But these people don’t realize that many parasites(寄生 虫)，____5_____ do harm to our health, are found inside snakes. According _____6____ a survey, about 1000 tons of snakes are eaten every year in China and sometimes as ______7____ as 10 tons of snakes are served on dinner tables in Shenzhen in a single day! These figures warns us that if no action is taken, _____8____ number of snakes will drop and make an increase in mice and worms population, which will ____9_____ in a decrease(减产) of crop output. Who will see such tragedy happen? So let’s start not to eat snakes any more because “to protect the snake is
(6) Snake dishes have become popular _____1___ recent years. Snake meat
to protect _____10_____.”
(7) A few years ago, SARS ____1____ out in the mainland of China, causing some people _____2_____ (kill) or nearly got close to death. The situation was so severe that there was_____3___ time to debate who is to blame. The most important thing for the government to do is to find out the ______4____ of this deadly disease. They invited all the most _____5______ (experience) experts in this field to discuss and quite a few suggestions were put forward. Some of the top experts then tested them to see _____6____ they were available. Doctor Zhong Nanshan chose one patient who was seriously ill and had little hope_____7____ picking up and had the new medicine tested on him. _____8_____ his great joy, this patient recovered! He made his way to his office and telephoned the top official, _____9____ (tell) him this exciting news. For convenience, he moved to live in his office. His method did make sense. Not soon after that, the ____10____ hospitals also controlled this terrible disease and kicked it out finally.
(8) I asked my uncle, who plays ____1_____ piano well, _____2____ he would assess (评定) the tone of a second hand piano I was hoping to buy. We arrived _____3____ the house and Uncle Frank looked the piano over, then _____4____ (sit) down and played a mixture of honky-tonk numbers and classical pieces. When he finished, we told the family that we would call _____5_____ in 15 minutes. Outside, Uncle Frank said that ______6_____ the wood was battered (坏掉的)，the sound was good and we should buy it. When I phoned the woman back, she sounded as if she was crying. ______7____ (concern), I asked, “What’s the matter?” “We didn’t know the piano _____8______ play like that,” she replied. The piano wasn’t _____9_____ sale, and her daughter had to resume(重新开 始) taking piano _____10_____.
(9) In North America people are always in ____1____ hurry. Children have special lessons or sports activities _____2_____ school. Parents often work late and ______3_____ get home until 7 or 8 o’clock at night. Most North American families don’t have time to prepare a meal. That is ______4_____ fast food is so popular in North America. People _____5_____ about 40% of their dollars on fast food. People usually buy fast food from restaurant chains such as Pizza Hut, McDonald’s, or KFC,_____6____ they can enjoy pizza, sandwiches, fried chicken, and so on. Fast food saves work and time, but it is not ______7_____ (nutrition). Fast food is popular in many countries. American fast-food companies now have restaurants all over the world. But not _____8_____ is happy about the spread(扩展) of North American fast food. A group of people in Italy want to fight _____9____ the spread of American fast food. They don’t like the idea of more fast food chains ______10______(open) restaurants in their country.
(10) Many people keep small fish ____1____ pets. They keep them in a tank of water. The tank is made of glass. People can _____2____ through it. They can see inside the tank and watch the fish. The fish need room. They mustn’t be crowded. They need ____3____ to breathe. ______4____ must be enough water for all fish. So the size of the tank is very important. In the tank people put small plants _____5_____ are good for fish. They give oxygen to the water. Plants help in other ways, too. They can hide _____6____ the plants and sleep, lay eggs there. The fish ____7____ be kept in water all the time. Some can jump high. So the tank should be covered. This keeps the fish _____8_____ (jump) out. The fish need food and should be fed every day. But ______9____ you give them too much food, it is very bad, for the extra food will fall to the bottom and make the water dirty. So the fish should get just enough food and finish _____10____ in ten minutes. Nothing should be left.
8 To 9 telling 10 other 参考答案 (1) 1 A 2 useful 3 and 4 in 5 they 6 if 7 It 8 which 9 friends 10 meeting (2) 1 cities 2 every/each 3 an 4 have used 5 Besides 6 who 7 in 8 polluted 9 importance 10 if (3) 1 to win 2 After 3 record 4 but (also) 5 wonderfully 6 an 7 all 8 can 9 But 10 what (4) 1 it 2 was given 3 ages 4 no 5 how 6 a 7 than 8 especially 9 with 10 more (5) 1 depends 2 which 3 the 4 less 5 It 6 should 7 strength 8 without 9 neither 10 suggested (6) 1 in 2 are considered 3 if/whether 4 by 5 which 6 to 7 many 8 the 9 result 10 ourselves (7) 1 broke 2 to be killed 3 no 4 cause 5 experienced 6 whether/if 7 of (8) 1 the 2 whether/if 3 at 4 sat 5 them 6 though/although 7
Concerned 8 could/should 9 for 10 lessons (9) 1 a 2 after 3 don’t 4 why 5 spend 6 where 7 nutritious 8 everyone/everybody 9 against 10 opening (10) 1 as must/should 8 jumping 9 if 10 it 2 look 3 oxygen 4 There 5 that/which 6 among 7