福州市八县（市）协作校 2012-2013 学年第二学期半期联考 高一英语（3）试卷
【完卷时间：120 分钟 满分：150 分】 命题：平潭城关中学 周惠云 黄彩凤
第一卷 选择题（共 105 分） 第一部分: 听力（共两节，满分 20 分） 第一节;（共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、
B、C 三个选项中选出 最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关 小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。请听下面 5 段对话, 选出最佳选项。 1．What does the man think the building will be? A. A department store. B. A hotel. C. A market.
2．What can we learn from this conversation? A．The wind has stopped but it’s still raining． B．it’s still raining and the wind is blowing. C．The rain stopped. 3．Where did Suzanne spend her childhood? A. America. B．Spain. C．England
4．Why do the peasants like the officer? A．They are friendly enough． B．They think he is honest and stands for them. C．They are honest． 5．Why do most people go to the coast in summer? A．All of people want to get sun as much as possible. B．The coast is one of the best places for swimming during hot days． C．Both A and B． 第二节 : 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从每题所给的 A、B、 C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独自前，你将有时 间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给 5 秒钟的作答时间母段对话或独 白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6．What is Jack going to do？ A. To go to school. B．To repair his bicycle.
高一英语 第 1 页 (共 12 页)
C．To attend a lecture
7．Why does Jack have to wait for a bus? A. Because there was something wrong with his bicycle． B. Because he always goes by bus． C. Because he will be late for the 10：00’s class． 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。 8．What’s Charlie doing when the conversation takes place? A．Dressing up. 9．What time does school begin? A．At 7:00． A．Bread 11．Why is the girl calling? A．She wants to go to Mr. Ward’s school. B．She wants to attend Mr. Ward’s lecture． C．She expects to see Mr. Ward． 12．Why does the girl want to take the course? A．Because he finds it easy for her． B．Because she can’t study it in her own school． C．Because she is a science student． 13．What is the problem? A．Mary lives far away． B．The course is too difficult for Mary． C．The class is already full． 听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 16 题。 14．Where does the conversation probably take place? A．At the student’s home. 15．How long is one course? A．Three weeks. 16．When is the first course? A．In July. B．In June. C．In August. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17．What made the road dangerous in the past? A. Cars，trucks and buses. B. Wild animals．
高一英语 第 2 页 (共 12 页)
B. Sleeping. B．At 7:30. B．Milk．
C. Having breakfast. C．At 7:15． C．Rice.
10．What food won’t Charlie have for his breakfast? 听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 13 题。
B．In a classroom． B．Fourteen weeks.
C．In the school office． C．Twenty-three weeks．
C. Old people and children.
18．Why are old people often killed? A．They often can’t see or hear well． B．They forgot to look and listen before crossing the road． C．They are careless． 19．Which of the following is TRUE according to the speaker? A．Walking person can realize how fast a car is． B．It takes longer time for a faster bus to stop． C．Fast bus can stop at any time． 20．Which is the RIGHT way to cross the road? A．Walking slowly． B．Running． C．Walking quickly． 第二部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 单项填空（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 15 分。 ） 21. — Do you mind if I open the window? — I feel a bit cold. B. I'd rather you didn’t. C. Go ahead. D. Why not?
A. Of course not.
22. I would appreciate ________, to be honest, if goods bought on TaoBao could be delivered much sooner. A. you B. this C. that D. it
23. He told ______ lie to his friends that he was heavily in ______ debt because he wanted to borrow some money from them. A. a; the B. a; a C. 不填；the D. a; 不填
24. The headmaster asked the boy to apologize ______ the teacher _______ what he had done, but he refused to. A. for; for B. to; to C. to; for D. for; to 25.Many people think I’m a lucky dog, but it takes me years of hard work to be _____I am now. A. whom B. which C. How D. what
26. Professor Li. many students want to see you. A. Do B Will 27. If you cheat in the exam, you’ll never ______ it. A. keep up with B. get down to
they wait here or outside? C. Shall D Could
C. look forward to
D. get away with
28. He couldn’t _______ the fact ______ the money was found in his house. A. answer for; that B. leave for; why
C. account for; that
D. care for; how
第 3 页 (共 12 页)
29. To make sure of your success in the coming speech contest, first of all, you should know your _______. A. strengths A. keep words B. techniques B. keep your word C. values C. keep a word D. benefits D. keep your words 30. You promised to take the children to Beijing. So you must __________. 31. — Isn’t your teacher over there?. — No, it _______be him. I am sure he has gone to visit Italy. A. can not B. may not C. will not 32. He is wearing glasses to _______his eyes from the strong sunlight. A. stop B. hold C. protect 33.——Have you moved into your new house? ——Not yet, the rooms __________________. A. are being painted B. are painted C. are painting 34. It is certain that he will ________. We had better wait. A. turn on B. turn up C. turn off 35. The rules of the school don’t permit ____________ . A. to smoke B. smoking C. of smoking 第二节：完形填空（共 20 小题: 每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 36-55 各题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中， 选出最佳选项，并写在答题卡上。 Children and young people tend to have certain role models --- people they want to be like when they grow 36 . Though 37 children would have wished to copy their mother, father or a (n) 38 relative, gradually these role models are thought of as famous people or popular 39 . People have different opinions about 40 popular stars or other famous people are good role models for children. Charming models, such as Katie Price, are often 41 and thought highly of by young girls. This is the biggest worry of parents and teachers. They wish to 42 their children to have the concept that success is achieved through hard work and 43 rather than an attractive looking. Most people tend to grow up to be those 44 are close to home — their parents or family friends. Some decide to be like their favorite teacher. A child who loves to 45 may want to grow to be the next Picasso or Van Gogh; Someone who loves to 46 might imagine themselves as a famous writer; if a child enjoys dancing, he or she 47 well admire a famous dancer, but this is not the 48 . A lot of dance students wish to be like their 49 teacher. Therefore, the job of a teacher is 50 just providing knowledge of a given subject. They should be able to 51 their students’ trust and 52 them well. Helping youngsters to learn from models, to learn how to accept 53 with grace(优雅) and losing with respect, is central to any parent’s or teacher’s job. Manners are very important and a dance
高一英语 第 4 页 (共 12 页)
D. must not D. prevent
D. are being painting D. turn down D. being smoking
teacher can 54 his or her position and influence(影响) to 55 good behaviors to youngsters. 36．A．younger B．older C．stronger D．taller 37．B．at last B．at first C．at least D．at most 38．A．generous B．ordinary C．humorous D．favorite 39．A．fans B．singers C．stars D．dancers 40．A．that B．why C．if D．whether 41．A．admired B. awarded C．admitted D．afforded 42．A．receive B．encourage C．hold D．ignore 43．A．luck B．imagination C．effect D．effort 44．A．what B．who C. whom D．which 45．A. draw and paint B. sing and dance C. listen and speak D. read and write 46．A．travel B．read C． write D．think 47．A．should B．must C． may D．need 48．A．deal B．case C．matter D．trouble 49．A．music B．dance C．art D．piano 50．A．better than B．less than C．rather than D．more than 51．A. gain B．lose C．receive D．accept 52．A．come up with B．keep up with C．communicate with D.catch up with 53．A．challenging B．falling C．winning D．failing 54．A. get rid of B. lose control of C. take charge of D. make use of 55．A．introduce B．press C．turn D．push 第三部分：阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分）
March, April and May are months full of festivals and events all over the world. Here are some wonderful festivals around the world that happen in spring. SongKran--Thailand Dates: 13th-15th, April In Thailand, it’s time to celebrate the coming monsoon season, which will bring the rain many people have been looking forward to. They celebrate it with a festival called Songkran, when people head out to the streets with water guns to spray(喷， 洒） everyone who walks past. If you walk on the streets where the festival is celebrated, prepare to get soaked! Naghol--Vanuatu Dates: Every Saturday from April to May Every year, villagers come together to celebrate the harvest of yams, an important part in the people’s diet in Vanuatu. The festival is most famous for its “land diving ceremony”. During the ceremony men and boys dive to the ground from high wooden towers with only two thin vines attached(附于)to their ankles(脚踝）. The divers’ heads have to lightly touch the ground when they jump---something very dangerous if the vines are not measured properly.
高一英语 第 5 页 (共 12 页)
Cherry Blossom Viewing ---Japan Dates: The cherry blossom season is different from year to year depending on the weather forecast. The cherry blossom season has huge importance to the people of Japan, who celebrate the days when the flowers finally blossom. Only a few days later, the petals(花瓣）fall to the ground, like pink snowflakes. This is one of the most beautiful things to see. In Japan, almost everyone has picnics in the parks to view the flowers. Sinhalese New Year--Sri Lanka Dates: 13th or 14th, April Just like in many other countries in South an South East Asia, this is the time when the Sinhalese celebrate the traditional New Year, an ancient celebration which marks the end of the harvest season and is one of two times of the year when the sun is straight above Sri Lanka. There are a lot of delicious foods during the celebration. 56. What does the underlined word “soaked” in Paragraph 2 probably mean? A. tired B. crazy C. wet D. interested 57. The writer thinks that the “land diving ceremony” can be dangerous for the divers because ___________. A. the divers may fall onto the ground if the thin vines break B. the divers may injure（伤害）their heads if the vines aren’t measured properly C. the divers’ ankles may get injured if the vines are tied too tightly D. the divers may bump into （撞在?上）the wooden tower on the way down 58. We can learn from the passage that___________. A. the Cherry Blossom Celebration usually lasts a long time in Japan B. the Cherry Blossom Celebration is the most important festival in Japan C. people usually stay at home for celebration during the cherry blossom season D. the time for the Cherry Blossom Celebration in Japan can be different yearly
Christian Eijkman, a Dutch doctor, left the Netherlands for the island of Java. Many people on the island had a disease called beri-beri. He was going there to try and find a cure. At first, Eijkman thought some kind of germ (细菌) caused beri-beri. He raised some chickens. He didn’t eat them, but made experiments on them. The local people were quite surprised at that. One day he noticed that his chickens became sick when they were fed the food most Javanese ate — refined white rice (精炼米). When he fed them with unrefined rice, also known as brown rice, they recovered. Eijkman realized that he had made an important discovery — that some things in food could prevent disease. These things were named vitamins (维生素). The Javanese were not getting enough vitamins because they had actually removed the part that contains vitamins. Later, other diseases were also found to be caused by the lack of vitamins in a person’s food.
高一英语 第 6 页 (共 12 页)
Today many people know the importance of vitamins and they make sure they have enough vitamins from the food they eat. If they don’t, they can also take vitamin pills. 59. Christian Eijkman went to the island of Java to ______. A. spend his holiday C. find ways to grow better crops 60. Why did Christian Eijkman raise some chickens? A. To carry out his experiments.. C. To give the Javanese a surprise. A. eat more rice C. eat vitamin pills 62. We can learn from the passage that ______. A. Christian Eijkman’s experiment was successful B. the Javanese didn’t like vitamins C. beri-beri was caused by chickens D. the Javanese’s disease was caused by a kind of germ B. To eat them D. To make money by selling them. B. eat more meat D. eat some chicken B. do some research about the island D. help the Javanese with their illness
61. If a person doesn’t get enough vitamins in his diet, he’d better ______.
For Children Museum: Children’s Museum, Sundays, 89 North Street, 67641235 Story time: Children’s Library, 106 Green Street, Wednesdays during 9:30 a.m -5:00p.m. 66599624 Sports: Soccer Club, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 16 Yangtze Road, 96725643 Basketball Club, Wednesdays and Fridays, 79071632 Cinema: New films for children, 99 Brick Road, 69001354
Useful Phone Numbers Fast Food Restaurant: 66387901 Hospital: 68787451 Visitor Information Center: 800-120-9847 Taxi: 79210583 Visitor Hotel Information: 800-739-7302 63. It’s Friday afternoon，you can go to_________. A. visit the museum C. read children’s stories
B. play soccer D. play basketball
第 7 页 (共 12 页)
64. If children want to watch new films，they should go to________. A. 16 Yangtze Road C. 106 Green Street B. 99 Brick Road D. 89 North Main Street
65. If you dial (拨号)66387901，you can __________. A. ask for some hotel information C. order fast food in a restaurant B. do some shopping D. have a good story time
66. You can not get any information about________ from the two notices． A. doing eye exercises C. eating fast food D Body language is a very powerful tool of a communication, not only between people but in the animal world as well. In many instances, we produce idioms, which are all understandable by borrowing examples from animal communication. For example, we know that a frightened cat will arch (拱型). From this starting-point we might hear the expression. “He gets my back up!” meaning “He makes me angry.” In the same manner, we know that many animals, if challenged(挑战) by attackers, will not turn and run away because this will encourage the attackers to attack them more forcefully. Instead, they will move backwards slowly to get out of harm’s way, always facing their attacker. We call this action “backing off” and it can be used as well with humans as with animals. In the case of humans, however, the back-off may not be physical but oral, as in using a kinder tone of voice and gentle words instead of fighting against the attackers. 67. When a cat arches its back high in a rigid curve, it shows that it is A. pleased B. frightened C. angry D. defeated . . B. looking for a hotel D. taking a taxi
68. In order not to be attacked by its enemy, the animal will A. move backwards slowly C. face the attacker 69. In the article “back off” means A. to avoid the attackers in words C. to keep out the attackers
B. turn and run away D. Either A or C . B. to get away quickly D. to escape from the attacker
第 8 页 (共 12 页)
70. Which of the following is wrong according to the article? A. Both humans and animals have ways of getting out of harm. B. Both humans and animals have the body language. C. To learn knowledge, humans must learn from animals. D. “Face your attackers” means to encourage yourself. 71. What is mentioned (提到) in this article belongs to study of English A. Idioms B. grammar
C. expression E
Many American presidents in the 19 century were born in poor families. They spent their childhood in little wooden rooms. They got little education (教育). Washington and Lincoln, for example, never went to school and they taught themselves. Lincoln once did jobs of a worker, shopkeeper and post officer in his early years. A large number of U. S. presidents had experiences (经历) in the army. The two best known were Ulysses Grant and Dwight D. Eisenhower. Grant was a general (将军) in the American Civil War and Eisenhower was a hero in the Second World War. It happened that they graduated (毕业) from the same school—West Point Military Academy (西点军校). One may be surprised to learn that both of them did not do well in the school. Eisenhower, for example, was once fined (罚款) because he broke the rules of the school. The jobs of U. S. presidents are tiring. He must keep an eye on anything important which happens both at home and abroad. Every day, a lot of work waits for him to do, and he has to make many important decisions. When Franklin Roosevelt was a child, he was once brought to visit President Taft. The old president said to him, “When you grow up, you should not be president. It’s a tiring job.” 72. In the nineteenth century, many U.S. presidents A. did not have much knowledge in their work B. couldn’t receive good education before they grew up C. had been workers, shop-keepers and post officers in their early years D. didn’t want to go to school during their childhood 73. President Eisenhower became well-known _________. A. after he was elected President of the U. S. B. during the American Civil War C. while studying in West Point Military Academy D. during World War II
高一英语 第 9 页 (共 12 页)
74. Which of the following do you think is right according to the last paragraph? A. It is an important and tiring job to be a president in the U. S. B. None of the presidents except Taft could do the tiring job. C. In the U. S. no one wanted to be president because it was tiring. D. President Taft didn’t want Roosevelt to be a president because he was too young. 75. Which do you think is the main idea of the second paragraph? A. Only those who didn’t work hard at school but were good at fighting could be presidents. B. Many of the U. S. presidents had served（服役）in the army before they took office. C. Grant and Eisenhower became well-known because they both graduated from West Point Military Academy. D. Eisenhower was President at the beginning of the Second World War. 第二卷 非选择题 （ 共 45 分 ） 第四部分：单词拼写和短文填词（共两节，满分 20 分） 第一节 ：单词拼写 （共 10 题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 76. No sugar in my coffee ,please; I ’m d 77. She has been a .
a scholarship to study at Harvard.
78. The new credit cards will be of great__________ (好处) to our customers. 79. The picture r___________ me of my childhood in the countryside. 80. Perhaps he would be able to e restaurant. 81. They are s for solutions to the problems. (相反) I think it’s very interesting. his living after all and not have to close his
82. The topic doesn’t seem boring to me ; on the
83. What _________ (使困惑)me is why he left the country without telling anyone. 84. Children should not be allowed to see _________ (暴力)movies. 85. It’s so wet there that the trees are extremely tall, some m 第二节：短文填词（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 根据必修(3)课文内容,按以下提示：1）汉语提示，2）首字母提示，3）语境提示， 在每个空格内填入一个适当的英语单词，并将该词完整地写在右边相对应的横线上。所 填单词要求意义准确，拼写正确。
高一英语 第 10 页 (共 12 页)
over 90 meters.
Henry is carried out to sea by a strong wind but s
by a ship, on
86________ 87________ 88________ 89________ 90________ 91________ 92________ 93________ 94________
w_______ he earned his passage by working without pay. As a result, he is brought to London .Feeling hungry, he w alone in the street,
hoping for a job. Then unexpectedly he is ________ (邀请) to a large house and beautiful house by two r They give a letter w brothers ,Roderick and Oliver.
a bank note in it to him.
They have made a secret bet on whether a man can _______(存活)a month in the city with a million pound bank note .Henry is the p they want
He feels surprised at first and doesn’t want to _______ (接受) it, for he just wants an honest job from them ,not their charity. The two brothers persuaded him to take it at last, however .
Though feeling very c_______about the matter, Henry promises them to open 95_______ the letter until one and a half hours later. 第五部分： 书面表达 （满分 25 分） 下周一是“校园读书日”（School Reading Day） ，假如你是班长，请你起草一份倡 议书，号召全班同学以实际行动迎接“校园读书日”的到来，倡导“我读书、我快乐， 我成长”的信念，为创建“书香校园”，多读书、读好书，好读书，养成课外读书的好 习惯。字数 100 左右。 倡议书应包括以下内容： 1．现状（ 看电视、上网时间更多） 2．列举一些阅读的好处；(丰富知识，完善自我) 3．建议每位同学每学期至少读 1—2 本好书。 开头已给，不计入词数。 Good morning! Boys and girls, As we know, School Reading Day is due next Monday. The purpose of it is to promote reading and encourage students to develop a good habit.
第 11 页 (共 12 页)
第 12 页 (共 12 页)