三溪中学 2015 学年第一学期期中考高二英语试卷 命题人：高二备课组 审核人：黄圆圆 命题时间：2015.10.27
（考试时间 90 分钟 满分 100 分） 第一卷（选择题共 70 分） 第一部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分30分） 第一节：单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的
最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 1. While we’re developing agriculture and industry, we must prevent the earth ___________. A. from polluting C. polluting B. polluted D. being polluted
2. What we need to learn is how to put _________ into practice. A. belief C. theory B. system D. adventure
3. While crossing the street, please __________ for the coming cars. A. watch out C. watch over B. take care D. be careful
4. David is very noisy ______ Katy is rather quiet. A. since C. so B. while D. or
5. As she left the court (法庭), an angry crowd tried to ________ her way. A. exist C. block B. pull D. prevent
6. __________ you’ve got a chance, you might as well make full use of it. A. Even if C. Because B. Now that D. Although
7. The value of one’s life should be _________ by how much good he does for society, not how long he lives in the world. A. affected B. measured
8. All of ______ sudden, I caught ________ sight of my teachers and classmates in the crowd, and then I felt much more calm. A. a; / C. a; a B. /; / D. /; a
9. The fact has worried many scientists ________ the earth is becoming warmer and warmer these years. A. what C. that B. which D. though
10. Mistakes don’t just happen; they occur for a reason. Find out the reason, and then making the mistake becomes ___________. A. generous C. modest B. harmful D. worthwhile
11. Alice, together with two boys, _________ for having broken the rules. A. was punished C. were punished B. has punished D. have punished
12. Before my father moved off, he told me again and again that I should _______ the rules and regulations of the school. A. respect C. observe B. deliver D. direct
13. It was hard work and determination as well as her gentle nature _______ got Lin Qiaozhi into medical school. A. when C. which B. that D. what
14. The president spoke at the business meeting for nearly an hour without ________ his notes. A. bring up C. looking for B. referring to D. trying to
15. Without plenty of oral practice, you’ll find it hard to ________ a conversation with native English speakers.
A. depend on C. carry out
B. carry on D. work on
第二节：完型填空 （共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） My parents were very practical. We often called Mom “the recycle（循环利用） queen” because of her habit of reusing second-hand or hand-me-down things. When I was young，I was 17 whenever they asked me to wear my older sisters' 18 ，”I would often 16 things, and Dad was fond of getting
hand-me-down clothing.“Mom，my friends will recognize this
complain（抱怨）.“You see, this is May’s（my older sister）favorite blouse and she has 19 it millions of times so my friends will laugh at me about it.” 20 on me and that she had repaired 22 , keeping
Mom would often reply that it still looked it already.“ 21
should we throw it away when it is still worth
and reusing?” she would co nclude. However, I was the exact 23 of my parents. I liked to throw things out. This
made me estranged（疏远的）from my parents as I grew up. Since I could not take their 24 anymore. I thought a house of my own where my own rules were practiced ------
throw away anything useless. 25 , when my mother passed away on that cold winter night, I had the biggest realization of my life. I realized that some things are worth keeping are gone forever! When I left our home years ago, I seemed to have precious (珍贵的) relationship with my that some things are best kept grandparents and our 16. A. small 17. A. stupid ashamed 18. A. toy 19. A. worn painted 20. A. strange B. ugly C. good D. B. name B. bought C. person C. designed D. blouse D. 30 29 28 27 26 they a very
. Now they're gone. I have realized
being thrown away----- marriage, aging parents,
with them ----- because they will not be here forever. C. cheap C. delighted D. cool D.
B. old B. interested
ordinary 21. A. When 22.A. printing fixing 23 A. opposite stranger 24. A. faults excuses 25. A. Generally However 26. A. if although 27. A. picked up out 28. A. friends parents 29. A. ahead of of 30. A. relationships D.agreements 第二部分：阅读理解（共 20 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 第一节：（共 16 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 32 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项 (A、B、C 和 D) 中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将 该选项标号涂黑。 A Will it matter if you don't take your breakfast? Recently a test was given in the United States. Those tested included people of different ages, from 12 to 83. During the experiment, these people were given all kinds of breakfasts, and sometimes they got no breakfast at all. Special tests were set up to see how well their bodies worked when they had eaten a certain kind of breakfast. The results show that if a B. distance C. satisfaction B. out of C. instead of D. because B. neighbors C. workmates D. B. thrown away C. come across D. figured B. as C. until D. B. Equally C. Besides D. B. habits C. doubts D. B. copy C. guest D. B. Where B. testing C. Why C. selling D. Whether D.
person eats a proper breakfast, he or she will work with better effect than if he or she has no breakfast. This fact appears to be especially true if a person works with his brains. If a student eats fruit, eggs, bread and milk before going to school, he will learn more quickly and listen with more attention to class. Opposite to what many people believe, if you don't eat breakfast, you will not lose weight. This is because people become so hungry at noon that they eat too much for lunch, and end up gaining weight instead of losing. You will probably lose more weight if you reduce your other meals. 31. During the test, those who were tested were given ________. A. no breakfast at all C. little food for breakfast B. very rich breakfast D. different breakfast or none
32. The results of the test show that ________. A. breakfast has great effect on work and studies B. breakfast has little to do with a person's work C. a person will work better if he has a simple breakfast D. those working with brains should have much for breakfast 33. The passage mentions that many people believe that if you don't eat breakfast, you will _________. A. lose weight weight 34. Which of the following is not true according to the passage? A. Poor breakfasts affect those who work with brains. B. Morning diet may cause one to get fatter. C. Reducing lunch and supper is of less value in weight losing. D. Eating less in lunch and supper may help to lose weight. B A young woman carrying a three-year-old child got on a bus. The conductor hurried to give her a warm welcome and then kindly asked the other passengers to make more room for the woman and her child. On seeing this, people began to talk. “You know this conductor used to be very rude. Now suddenly he has changed his bad behavior, B. not lose weight C. be healthier D. gain a lot of
"said a middle-aged man. “Yes, he should be praised and we must write a letter to the company," said a second passenger. “That's right," another lady said, “I wish a newspaper reporter were here so that more people could learn from this conductor. " Just then a gentleman who looked like a teacher turned to the conductor and said , “Excuse me, but can I know your name, please? Your excellent service must be praised..." Before he could open his mouth, the three-year-old child sitting on the young woman's lap interrupted, “I know his name. I call him Dad." 35. The passengers were ________ to see the conductor's kindness to the woman and the child. A. excited B. pleased C. interested D. surprised
36. One passenger suggested writing a letter to the company to ______. A. make a demand for more buses B. thank the conductor for his good service C. criticize the conductor for his rude behavior D. invite a newspaper reporter to write about the conductor 37. What was the gentleman? A. A teacher. C. Not known from the story. B. A newspaper reporter. D. The conductor's friend from his company.
38. The word “he” in the last paragraph refers to _______. A. the gentleman C. the middle-aged man B. the conductor D. the three-year-old child C Below are four ads on the website. Artful Experience It’s an artful experience even if you’re artistically challenged. Adults, teens, and children of all ages are welcome at Contemporary A rt studio. We provide everything: stamps, idea books, a little coaching, and
a lot of encouragement. Drop in anytime. It’s creative fun for everyone to paint your own pottery （陶器）! No experience needed. Our studio will show you how. It’s as easy as 1-2-3! email@example.com.
Chinese-English Translator This is an excellent opportunity for recent graduates looking to put their Chinese skills to use. Requirements: native speaker of English; business translation experience is preferred but not a must; able to fulfill several projects on time; excellent reading skills in Chinese. If interested, please email staff@young. com or call 453-268-130.
Ancient Object Market Here you find a large variety of old European furniture, statues and paintings. We also offer a large selection of clocks in bronze, wood, white metal. Organizing buying tours based on the needs of our clients is something else we do. We pick you up from the airport, make hotel reservations and drive you around to the best wholesale （批发） dealers. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org．
____________________ We are delighted to offer you an efficient and reasonably priced service of high-class car rentals （租赁） with qualified drivers. Suitable for your journeys to and/or from Rome’s airports or other destinations. We will be there to meet you on your arrival at the airport and drive you to your destination in complete safety and comfort. If you need the service, please call 668-556-429. 39. Contemporary Art studio is a place where A. one can enjoy many kinds of artworks .
B. one can learn how to paint on pottery D. one can improve his/her painting
C. one can make pottery by himself/herself
skills greatly 40. Who may be suitable for a Chinese-English translator? A. An American graduate who is good at Chinese. B. A Chinese graduate who majored in business. C. A Chinese college student who has good English writing skills. D. An American college student who is interested in English translation. 41. If Mr. Black wants to buy a painting, he can A. send an email to email@example.com B. send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org C. call 453-268-130 D. call 668-556-429 42. Which of the following can be the best title for the fourth advertisement? A. Nice Rome trips C. Cheap Car Tours B. Flight Service To Pick You Up D. Airport Car Rentals With Drivers D To son, Cecil, Just a quick note before I start in earnest. When I wrote this, you were 8, still a little boy. In 2002, I was called to active duty in the Marine Corps in the war on Terrorism (恐怖主义). On the 11th of September 2001 when America was attacked, I knew that I would finally have to go and I was filled with a deep sense of sadness. That night as you and Keiko were asleep, I looked at your little faces and couldn’t help but fight the tears. I knew it would be hard for you because I had a similar experience. When I was a little boy aged 6, my dad, your Grandpa Cawley, was sent to Vietnam during the war there. I remember how much I missed him, too. But now unfortunately I have come to realize just how difficult it must have been for Grandpa to be away from his children for a year. Thinking about this, I wanted to put my thoughts and feelings down for you and your sister. I am so sorry that I had to leave for such a long time. There is no place I would rather be than with you and Keiko. You two are the lights of my life. I have known no greater joy than in the few years since you two were born. I hope to have many more years with you. If for some reason I don’t .
make it home, I will need you to take care of your little sister and your Mom. You will be the man of the Cawley family. Be good my son and God will watch over you as he has me. I will be waiting impatiently for the time when we can all be together again. 43. The writer of the letter may be ______. A. an American soldier in the battle field C. a soldier in the Vietnam War home 44. Keiko is the ______ of the writer. A. wife B. son C. daughter D. sister B. an American policeman D. a postman working far away from
45. One of the experiences the writer and his son had in common is that ______. A. they both experienced the Vietnam War B. their fathers had to leave them and fight abroad. C. they used to study in the same school D. they were both eight when the fathers had to leave them 46. We can infer(推断) that ______. A. the writer was a devoted son B. the writer was a brave soldier C. the writer realized he might die in the battle field D. the writer’s wife was suffering from a terrible illness. 第二节:（共 4 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 8 分） Lucy、Jack、Grace 和 Henry 在讨论各自的周末打算，请阅读下面四则材 料 A、B、C、D，并 从中选出符合 47—50 小题要求的最佳选项。 47. Visit your eye doctor regularly. 48. Keep a healthy weight. 49. Give your eyes a rest. 50. Wear protective glasses.
A Being overweight increases your risk of developing diseases like diabetes, which can harm your eyes or even lead to the loss of your eyesight. If you’re having trouble keeping a healthy weight, turn to your doctor for advice. C If you spend a lot of time at the computer or focusing on any one thing, your eyes can get tired sometimes. Try the 20-20-20 rule: 20 minutes, look away about 20 feet in front of you for 20 seconds. This short exercise can give your eyes a rest and help reduce eye tiredness.
B When playing sports or doing activities around the home, you may need special glasses to help protect your eyes. Most protective glasses are made of poly- carbonate, which is 10 times stronger than other plastics.
D When it comes to sight problems, many people think their eyes are healthy. In addition, many eye diseases often have no warning signs. Visiting your eye doctor for an eye exam on a regular basis id the only way to find these diseases in their early stages.
三溪中学 2015 学年第一学期期中考高二英语答卷纸 班级 姓名 班级座号 考场 考场序号 ??????????????密???????????????封?????????????????线??????????????? 第二卷（非选择题，两部分共30分） 第一部分：词汇句型应用（共15小题，每小题1分，满分15分） 第一节：根据下列句子括号中所给词的适当形式填空，使句子意思完整、正确。（共10小题， 每小题1分，满分10分） 51. Violent films do ___________ (harmful) to the development of children. 52. It was _____________ (consider) of Michael to inform us of his delay in case we got worried. 53. Chinese President Xi Jinping said the visit to the Great Britain had given him a deep and beautiful ______________ (impress). 54. Vancouver is on the west of Canada, _________ (surround) by mountains and the Pacific Ocean. 55. Canada is a ____________ (mix) of many cultures and races. 56. 他打算明年去国外留学。He i___________ to study abroad next year. 57. 在中国，尊敬老人是一个优良传统。 It is a good custom that the young have r___________for the old in China. 58. 应当鼓励学生养成良好的习惯，行为更加规矩。 Students should be encouraged to develop good habits and b____________ themselves better. 59. 这些措施得到环保组织的大力支持。 These measures are strongly s____________ by environmental groups. 60. 和他争论价格是没有用的。 It is no use a___________ with him about the price. 第二节：根据所给汉语，用英语完成句子，使句子意思完整、正确。（共5小题，每小题1分， 满分5分） 61. 她有学英语的天赋。 She ________ _________ __________ for learning English. 62. 我们看到了远处的高塔。 We saw the tall tower ________ ________ __________.
63. 他在公园里散步的时候，碰见了他的一位老师。 He __________ ___________ one of his teachers when he was walking in the park. 64. 我想早点出发以避开交通拥堵。 I wanted to _________ _________ early in order to avoid the traffic. 65. 在过去，许多人瞧不起穷人。 Many people __________ ________ _______ the poor in the past. 第二部分 书面表达（满分 15 分） 根据以下要点写一篇关于中国药学家屠呦呦的介绍。
1. 1930 年 12 月 30 日，屠呦呦出生于浙 江省宁波市。 2. 1951 年考入北京大学，在医学院学习 药学（pharmacy）。 3. 毕业后在中国中医科学院（ Chinese Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine）继续药学研究。 4. 她的一生都奉献在医学研究上。 在经历 190 次失败之后，2011 年 9 月，她成功地发现了 青蒿素（artemisinin）--------一种用于治疗疟疾（malaria）的药物，并因此挽救了全 球特别是发展中国家的数百万人的生命。 5. 由于她的杰出成就，2015 年 10 月，屠呦呦获得诺贝尔生理学或医学奖(Nobel Prize for physiology and medicine)，是首位获科学类诺贝尔奖的中国 人，她的精神鼓舞了一代年 轻 人为了自己的目标而不懈努力。 注意：（1）可参考上述要点，并适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； （2）词数：100 词左右，并适当运用以下词汇： be admitted to; carry on; achievement; rather than;
lead a ?life;
___________________________________________________________ _____________________ _
三溪中学 2015 学年第一学期期中考高二英语试卷答案 一、单项选择（每题 1 分，共 15 分） 1--5. DCABC 6—10 BBACD 11—15 ACBBB
二、完形填空（每题 1 分，共 15 分） 16--20 BDDAC 21—25 CDABD 26-30. CBDCA
三、阅读理解（每题 2 分，共 40 分） 31-34 DAAC 43-46 ACBC 35-38 DBCB 47-50 DACB 39-42 BABD
四、单词填空（每题 1 分，共 15 分） 51—65 harm; considerate; impression; surrounded; mixture intended; respect; behave; supported; arguing has a gift; in the distance; move off; looked down upon 五、写作（15 分） Possible version : Tu Youyou, a great medical scientist, was born in Ningbo, Zhe Jiang on December 30 , 1930. In 1951, she was admitted to Beijing University and studied
pharmacy in the medical collage. After graduation, she carried on her research on pharmacy in Chinese Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine without leading a comfortable life. She devoted all her life to doing medical research. After failing for more than 190 times, she successfully dicovered artemisinin in September in 2011, which is a drug to treat malaria and has saved millions of lives across the globe /in the world, especially in the developing world. Because of her great achievement, Tu Youyou was awarded Nobel Prize for physiology and medicine in October 2015, who is the first Chinese to gain a Nobel prize in Science. Her achievement inspires a gerneration of youth to struggle for their dream.