南昌三中 2015-2016 学年度上学期期中考试 高一英语试卷
第一部分 听力（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 该部分分为第一、第二两节。注意：回答听力部分时，请先将答案标在试卷上。听力部 分结束时，你将有两分钟的时间将你的答案转涂到客观题答题卡上。 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每
段对话后有一个小题, 从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅 读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What is the woman most probably going to do? A. See a movie. B. Go shopping. C. Go to work.
2. What is the weather like today? A. Rainy. B. Windy. C. Sunny.
3. How does Karen usually keep in touch with her friends overseas? A. Through email. B. Through letters. C. By phone.
4. Where does the conversation take place? A. At a hotel. B. At a bank. C. At a market.
5. When did the alarm clock ring? A. 30 minutes ago. B. 15 minutes ago. C. 5 minutes ago.
第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟； 听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers? A. Waiter and customer. B. Friends. C. Boss and employee.
7. What do we know about the woman? A. She was fired. man B. She spilled the soup. C. She didn’t forgive the
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题 8. What is wrong with the man? A. He has a headache. appetite for anything. 9. What does the woman advise the man to do? A. Have a blood test. B. Do more exercise. C. Lose some weight. B. He gets tired easily. C. He has no
听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What is the man looking for? A. A shirt. B. A sweater. C. A suit.
11. What color does the man prefer? A. Black. B. Blue. C. white
12. Why does the man want to buy a sweater for his father? A. His birthday is coming. getting cold. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What is the man doing these days? A. Going to the gym. work. 14. Where do the two speakers meet? A. At the gym. supermarket. 15. What kind of drink does the man order? A. A cup of Irish coffee. of tea. 16. What will the man eat? A. A sandwich. cereal bars. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. How many hours will the members of the field trip teach every day? A. One hour. B. Two hours. C. Three B. A hamburger. C. His B. A glass of water. C. A cup B. At a coffee shop. C. At a B. Training the staff. C. Going to B. He will attend a meeting. C. It is
hours. 18. On which days will Group B students have classes? A. From Monday to Wednesday. B. Tuesday and Thursday. C. Tuesday and Friday. 19. Who will take the members on a tour of the city on Wednesday? A. Some students from group A. B. Some students from group B. C. Cathy Jones.
20. Where will the members stay over the weekend? A. In the university. Vung Tau. 第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 语法和词汇知识（共 10 小题；每小题 0.5 分，满分 5 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 21. I ________ my father to give up smoking but it didn’t help. A. persuaded to persuade 22. He said he preferred ________ out to play football ________ at home. A. going; rather than stay C. to go; rather than staying B. going; to staying D. to go; rather than to go B. suggested C. hoped D. tried B. On a floating restaurant. C. In
23. On hearing that China won the most gold medals, we burst ________ cheers and burst ________ laughing. A. into; into out; into 24. Although I liked the design of the apartment, what really made me determine to buy it was the beautiful ________ through the window. A. sights scenery 25. When he was out of ________ work, he was involved in crimes of violence and was put in ________ prison at last. B. scene C. view D. B. out; out C. into; out D.
A. the; the the
B. /; /
C. a; /
26. In all her life, she devoted herself to ________ our earth from ________. A. prevent; polluting C. preventing; being polluted B. preventing; polluting D. preventing; polluted
27. The village he grew up ________ has been replaced by a factory. A. in which it 28. It was Mr. Green for ________ life had been very hard ________ donated his possessions to earthquake-hit families in Sichuan. A. whose; that B. whom; that C. which; who D. that; who B. in that C. in D. in
29. My mother ________ Shanghai in a few days. I wonder when the earliest plane ________ on Sunday. A. leaves; takes off C. is leaving; is taking off 30. Only when ________. A. did he arrive the meeting began C. did he arrive did the meeting begin B. he arrived did the meeting begin D. he arrived the meeting began B. is leaving; takes off D. leaves; is taking off
第二节 完形填空 (共 20 小题; 每小题 1.5 分, 满分 30 分) Ann Jones is one of the most interesting people I have ever met; she is only twenty-five, but she has travelled to over fifty different she was a typist in Birmingham, the world. Since then, her The first time she went 34 35 32 31 . Five years ago, 33 and see
she decided to give up her
have changed completely. was seven years ago 37 36 she was just 18. She 38
took a boat to France and then hitch-hiked around
for five weeks. She has
Europe many times since that first trip, of course, but this holiday was the one which made her start travelling. She never forgets the 39 of those five weeks--although 40 her purse. So
it was not all enjoyable. When she was on the train, somebody she lost all her 41
and had to work in a restaurant for a fortnight. She made 42 several times since then.
some good friends there, however, and has
How did she find money for her and worked for two years, 44
43 ? After her first trip abroad, she went home all the time. Now she travels 46 45 , finding work
when her money was low. She made a lot of a few 47
she says, and she has learned quite 48 and has often been sick, she
. Although she has had occasional 49 50
never thought about
her travels. “My first time abroad changed my life.” to travel ever since.” C. countries C. so C. interest C. appearance C. through C. although C. Asia C. visited C. excitement C. caught C. parcel C. returned C. holidays C. working C. unwillingly C. friends C. subjects C. difficulties D. continents D. or D. job D. opinion D. home D. since D. Africa D. arrived D. travel D. lent D. money D. telephoned D. tickets D. saving D. fortunately D. traps D. languages D.
she says, “and I have 31. A. states 32. A. and 33. A. habit 34. A. life 35. A. out 36. A. even if 37. A. America 38. A. went 39. A. fare 40. A. stole 41. A. luggage 42. A. missed 43. A. friends 44. A. travelling 45. A. finally 46. A. jobs 47. A. journals 48. A. happiness enjoyments 49. A. giving up 50. A. prepared
B. nations B. but B. study B. decision B. abroad B. when B. Europe B. been B. hard work B. found B. possession B. reminded B. travels B. increasing B. continually B. trips B. skills B. pleasure
B. turning up B. learned
C. blowing up C. wanted
D. setting up D. trained
第三部分 阅读理解（共 15 小题，满分 30 分） 第一节、阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C和D）中，选出最佳选项。 A
In small towns all across West Texas, one group of workers has earned the love of the town’s people, and that’s because the firefighters (消防员) who work around the clock saved their homes. While there is much sadness for many families, there is also great joy. In all, some 300 families have lost all that they own, but hundreds more homes are still standing because of the brave men and women in the fire service. They risk their own lives to save the homes of strangers． In Mineral Wells, Texas, local people gather outside the American Red Cross Shelter each night to cheer their heroes as they return from the field． “The guys send us a text message to let us know they’re on their way home.” said Tina Draper, the American Red Cross Shelter manager. “That’s when people
begin to gather. When the guys pull up in their trucks, they’re very tired，but they perk (昂首挺胸) right up when they see all the people lined up to cheer them on.” Inside the shelter, some school children draw pictures to express their support, and some women cook them delicious food． “We just want to do all we can to help these firefighters through this difficult time,” said Draper. “The Red Cross, all the local churches, the schools and everyone have been working together to make sure that every family and every firefighters is cared for.” 51. What do the underlined words, “work around the clock”, mean in the first paragraph? A. work with a clock. C. Work very quickly. B. Work day and night. D. Work very slowly.
52. What is the main idea of the fourth paragragh? A. The suffering some people go through. B. The attitudes people have towards firefighters. C. What people do to welcome firefighters. D. Where people who lost their homes stay. 53. How do the firefighters tell people that they are returning? A. They make a phone call. C. They let Tina Draper tell people. B. They send a text message. D. They send an email.
54. We can learn from the passage that people __________. A. are very grateful to the firefighters firefighters C. help firefighters to put out the fire firefighters 55. Which of the following is the best title for the passage? A. Heroes in West Texas C. A Welcome to Heroes B On 26th January, the biggest earthquake in India took the lives of 25,000 people. In the morning, when everybody was enjoying the holiday, the earthquake began. It was about 7.5 on the Ritcher scale. “There is nothing left between the sky and the earth any more. Everything has been pulled down. ”said one of the villagers alive. “There is no water, no food and no one has come to help.” Nobody died in Pakistan, a country next to India. The city of Lahore was lucky. In Lahore American School, where I was studying, all of the students were safe. They were on the field, so most children didn’t feel anything. The earthquake was felt by the teachers that were on the second floor. However, though Mrs. Young was also on the second floor, she didn’t feel anything. She didn’t know what happened until a teacher told her about it. Those teachers who were on the other floors had different feelings. Mr. Emond, the maths teacher from Australia, said that when the earthquake started he thought there was something wrong with him, but then another teacher said that it was an earthquake. Mrs. Davis and Mr. Frost didn’t feel anything either. My mother didn’t feel anything. She didn’t even know that it was an earthquake till she saw a shaking light. My dad saw the computer shaking and then he looked out of the window and saw many people going out. 56. The biggest earthquake in India happened on the __________ of January 26th. A. night B. afternoon C. noon D. morning B. The Red Cross’s Contribution D. How to Save Houses on Fire D. are respected by the B. feel sorry for the
57. People use “Ritcher scale” to tell __________. A. where the earthquake takes place
B. how serious the earthquake is C. when the earthquake takes place D. how long the earthquake lasts 58. We learn that __________ from the sentence “There is nothing left between the sky and the earth any more. ” A. India is a large country B. the Indian people had nothing after the earthquake C. there is no tall buildings in India D. the earthquake in India was serious 59. The city of Lahore is __________. A. in India Australia 60. Which of the following is TRUE? A. I was with my parents when the earthquake happened. B. The teachers in Lahore American School were afraid of the earthquake. C. The earthquake in the city of Lahore wasn’t serious. D. My parents didn’t know the earthquake happened. C Stephen King has been a famous name the world has known for more than thirty years. With his best-selling books and movie adaptations, he is easily one of the most well-known writers today. King was born in Portland, Maine in 1947. His father left the family when King was two, saying that he was going out to buy a pack of cigarettes one night, never to return. Early in his childhood he took an interest in writing. His inspiration came from comic books and horror movies. At high school, King continued to write as a sports writer for the school newspaper. He submitted many short stories to magazines, only to get rejection (拒绝) 1etters. During those years, King attended the University of Maine at Orono, where he met his future wife, Tabitha Spruce, also a writer. After graduating from college King got a job as a high school English teacher. B. in Pakistan C. in America D. in
He continued to pursue his writing career, still getting rejections but making some short story sales to men’s magazines. By this time, King had written a handful of novels，though none were published. Inspired by his time as a high school janitor (管理员)，he began to write a story set in a girl’s locker room. He threw it in the trash after a few pages, saying that it was no good. Tabitha found it and told him to finish it because she thought it was good. He followed her advice and the novel, Carrie, was born, his big break. The novel was accepted for publication and he received a $400,000 advance (预付款) for it, which was huge for a first-time writer. 61. What is the passage mainly about? A. Stephen King’s family. B. Stephen King’s dream. C. Stephen King’s best known novel. D. Stephen King’s life story. 62. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage? A. Stephen King hasn’t seen his father since he was two. B. Stephen King was rejected many times． C. Many novels of Stephen King were published before Carrie. D. King got inspiration from comic books and horror movies. 63. What can we learn about Tabitha Spruce? A. She met Stephen King in high schoo1. B. She was an English teacher． C. She didn’t marry Stephen King． D. Her advice led to Stephen King success. 64. What does the underlined word, “break”, mean in the last paragragh? A. experience B. opportunity C. mistake D. novel
65. We can learn from the passage that Carrie __________. A. was one of Stephen King’s biggest failures B. was once thrown away by Stephen King C. is a real story based on a janitor’s experiences D. was not accepted by publishers at the time
第二节、 (七选五)阅读填空（每题 2 分，共 10 分） Whether you’re taking a short business flight or a dream vacation around the world, here are some smart, simple green travel tips to make your trip a little easier on the planet. Power Down 67 Don’t forget to turn down the temperature set on your water heater, and 66 All trips can be green holidays.
unplug (拔掉??的电源插头) electronics like TV, computer, stereo equipment and other items---they use electricity even when they’ve been turned off. 68 On your way to the airport, when travelling to your hotel, and all around your destination city, consider using public transport like airport shuttle, trains or buses. It’s tempting (吸引人的) to seat yourself inside a private car when you’re in a strange land, but by stepping out of a car and into the real world, you’ll meet more people, see more sights and have more fun than you ever could inside a car. Rent Small If you need to rent a car, say “No, thanks” to any offered upgrade to a larger vehicle. 69 ---a particular concern in places like Europe where gas price can
be extremely high. Go Green: Go Paperless Airlines have almost all gone ticketless; not only does this green travel trip save on paper, it also makes check-in faster and easier. A. Green Travel: Go car-free 70
B. Renting an economy car will save on gas charges, too. C. Eco-travel doesn’t have to mean going on an exotic (异乎寻常的) adventure. D. Green Travel: Pack Smartly E. Some hotels, too, allow guests to check out using their hotel’s in-house TV programming. F. But when you treat your hotel room as if you were paying the electric bill, you’ll find lots of ways to green your travels. G. If your green travel plans leave an empty house behind, unplugging and powering down as many appliances as you can are practical. 第四部分 基础知识考查。 第一节、课文知识部分 71、课文默写填空（共 10 空，每空 1 分，共 10 分） I am fond of my sister but she has one serious shortcoming. She can be really （1）. Although she didn’t know the best way of getting to places, she insisted that she （2） the trip properly. Now I know that the proper way is always her way. ?
I asked her whether she had looked at a map yet. Of course she hadn’t; my sister doesn’t （3） details. So I told her that the source of the Mekong is in Qinghai
Province. She gave me a determined look- the kind that said she would not change her mind. When I told her that our journey would begin at （4） of more than 5,000 （5）
meters, she seemed to be excited about it. When I told her the air would be hard
and it would be very cold, she said it would be an interesting experience. I know my sister well. Once she has （7） . （8） to eat. Mice ran （6） , nothing can change it. Finally, I had to
In the farmyards, the chickens and even the pigs were
out of the fields looking for places to hide. Fish jumped out of their bowls and ponds. ?But the one million people of the city, who thought little of these were asleep （10） that night. （9） ,
72、 单词拼写（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，计 10 分）(用必修一 Unit3-5 词汇表中单词的正 确形式填空，否则不得分。) （1）The task will be finished ahead of s_____________ if nothing prevents.
（2）She’s r_____________, so all of us rely on her. （3）Mr. Smith has been _____________ (专心致志) in his research for more than 3 hours. （4）He was 18 years old when he _____________ (毕业) from high school. （5）She is optimistic and has a positive a_____________ towards life. （6）He got _____________ (受伤) in the right leg while playing football last week. （7）The city of San Francisco was hit by an earthquake. A village in this area was also under _____________ (攻击). （8）Everywhere they looked nearly everything was _____________ (摧毁). （9）Boys and girls are e_____________, and thus they should be treated fairly. （10）People often value the q_____________ of a product rather than its packaging. 73、单句改错(共 5 小题；每小题 1 分, 满分 5 分) 下面各句中均有一项错误,请用正确符号标出并改正，每处错误及其修改均仅限一词。 （1） This is the biggest laboratory which we have ever built in our school. ____________ （2）The earthquake was so terrible that in only fifteen seconds a large city lay in ruin. _________ （3）Norman Bethune, a doctor from Canada, worked selfless in China and saved many Chinese soldiers during World war II. ____________ （4）After the big earthquake, a number of children whose parents had died in the quake was sent to live with families in other cities. ____________ （5）Don’t handle the vase as if it is made of steel. ____________ 第二节：书面表达（满分 20 分） 假设你是李华，你的美国朋友 Chris 在你所在的城市就读。他熟悉中国文化，特别是戏 曲文化。11 月 20 日下午 2：00 在新落成的大剧院将上演越剧《梁山伯与祝英台》 。请你根据 以下提示，用英语给 Chris 写一封电子邮件，邀请他一起观看演出。 *提出邀请并简述原因 *提出观剧后活动建议（如参观附近的博物馆或美术馆等） *请求对方回复 注意：1.请使用规范英语，词数 100 左右； 2.可适当加入细节，以使内容充实、行文连贯； 3.开头和结尾已给出，不计入总词数。
参考词汇：越剧 Shaoxing Opera 大剧院 Grand Theater Dear Chris,
《梁山伯与祝英台》Butterfly Lovers 美术馆 art gallery
I have good news to tell you. ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ Yours, Li Hua
高一英语期中考试参考答案 听力：1-5 CCABA 单选：21-25 DBCCB 完型：31-35 CBDAB 阅读：51-55 BCBAC 七选五：66—70 CGABE 课文默写 71 题 (1) stubborn altitude (5) to breathe too nervous (9) events 单词拼写 72 题 (1) schedule graduated (5) attitude (9) equal 单句改错 73 题 (1) which→ that (4) was→ were 书面表达 Dear Chris, (2) ruin →ruins (5) is →were (3) selfless→ selflessly (6) injured (10) quality (7) attack (8) destroyed (2) reliable (3) buried (4) (10) as usual (6) made up her mind (7) give in (8) (2) organize (3) care about (4) an 6-10 BABAC 26-30 CCBBB 36-40 BBCCA 56-60 DBDBC 41-45 DCBDB 61-65 DCDBB 46-50 CDCAC 11-15 ACABB 16-20 CBBAC
I have good news to tell you. A world famous Shaoxing Opera play, Butterfly Lovers,
will be put on in the newly built Grand Theater at 2:00 p.m. on 20th, November. As far as I know, you are very familiar with Chinese culture, especially Chinese Opera. So you are sure to know well about the play, which is about a touching love story between a young man, Liang Shanbo, and a young girl, Zhu Yingtai. It’s said that it is performed by some famous Shaoxing Opera actresses. As a result, not only can you enjoy the beautiful story but also their attractive voices. Are you interested in it? If so, I can book tickets for you in advance and let’s go and appreciate it
together, will you? In addition, there is a museum near the theater. Therefore, after the play, we can go there for a visit as well. Looking forward to your reply. Yours, LiHua
I have good news to tell you. The masterpiece of the famous Shaoxing Opera—
Butterfly Lovers will be put on at 2 o’clock p.m., on November 20th in Grand Theater. I’m looking forward to your showing up in the theater, for, as far as I know, you are enthusiastic about Chinese opera. I’m certain that you will devote yourself to watching it at that time and be attracted by its wonderful and moving plot. After the performance, I’m eager to show you around some places of interest, or some culture centers nearby, such as museums or art galleries. I will appreciate it if you immediately make a reply to me. And I sincerely long to meet you early. Yours， Li Hua
I have good news to tell you. A famous Shaoxing Opera, Butterfly Lovers, will
be put on in Grand Theatre at 2:00 p.m. on November 20th. I sincerely invite you to watch the show because you are familiar with Chinese culture, and especially you take a great fancy to Chinese opera culture. I hope this opportunity will not only make you happy, but also satisfy your interest in Chinese operas. After watching the show, I plan to arrange some other activities. For example, we can have a look at the nearby museums or art galleries in order to know much more about Chinese culture and art. There, I believe, we may enjoy them and share their artistic charm together.
I hope you can come. If you have any suggestions, please contact me as soon as possible. I’m looking forward to your reply. Yours， Li Hua