I HAVE SEEN AMAZING THINGS
【学习目标】 1. 在阅读的过程中运用已学过的阅读技巧与方法，如 Skimming & Scanning，完成文章的阅 读，提高阅读能力； 2. 完成文章中部分重要句子的学习与分析，包括分析语言点知识、句子成分及用法。
While reading the passage, find out the following words and expressions. And then translate them into Chinese. 1. an enormous round plate _______________ 3. the most up-to-date inventions___________ 5. using a “thoughtpad”__________________ 7. the principles of ecology_______________ 9. train their representatives_______________ 11. citizen _______________ 14. postage ______________ 17. instant _______________ 20. greedy _______________ 23. recycle ______________ 2. imitate the pull of the earth’s gravity_______ 4. a moveable path_______________________ 6. be disposed of________________________ 8. produce goods________________________ 10. monitor the robots____________________ 13. typewriter _____________ 16. button ________________ 19. dustbin _______________ 22. material ______________ 25. motivation ____________
12. typist ________________ 15. postcode _____________ 18. receiver _______________ 21. swallow ______________ 24. settlement ____________
Ⅱ. Read the passage and answer the following questions. 1. How many stops did they visit? _______________________________________________________________________________ 2. How many inventions did the guide introduce to us? What are they? _______________________________________________________________________________
【课堂阅读】 Step1 Reading 【TaskⅠ】 ：Read the passage quickly and do the T or F questions. 1. ____ Messages can be sent using a thoughtpad. 2. ____ The space citizens could send message clearly at any time. 3. ____ We can blame the tools for the faults of the user. 4. ____ The rubbish used to be sent to be buried or burned. 5. ____ The rubbish is turned into the same grades of material.
6. ____ Nothing is wasted and everything is recycled.
【TaskⅡ】 ：Use the information from the reading passage to fill in this poster for the Space Station.
Modern Inventions of the 31st Century Only to be seen on the Space Station
Communication invention thoughtpad 1. 1. Waste Disposal Manufacturing manufacturing robots 1.
2. advantages 2. 2. 3.
Come and see how they work today!
Step2 Language points 1. I have seen amazing things. ▲ amazing extraordinary. amazed adj. very surprised be amazed at/by sth.; be amazed to do sth.; be amazed that … 我对他的镇定感到吃惊。_________________________________________________________ 我们很惊讶地发现竟没人受伤。___________________________________________________ adj. causing great surprise or wonder, especially because of quantity or quality;
2. My first visit was to a space station considered the most modern in space. Described as an enormous round plate, it spins slowly in space to imitate the pull of the earth’s gravity.
【解析】considered the most modern in space 为过去分词短语作_________________，修饰 station; described as an enormous round plate 为过去分词短语作_________________。 ▲ consider 考虑 + n. (pron.) / 疑问词＋to do / doing sth. / wh-clause We must consider giving it a try. We should consider what to do next. consider 认为 + that 从句作宾语 / 复合宾语(… to be / as) I consider that you are wrong. I consider it a great honor to be invited to dinner. 3. Inside was an exhibition of the most up-to-date inventions of the 31st century. 【解析】 此句为倒装句， 其中 inside 为地点副词。 表示方向、 地点和时间的副词放在句首时， 主句要用_______倒装。
4. People used to collect waste in dustbins. … well, now there’s a system where the waste is disposed of using the principles of ecology. 【解析】句中 where the waste … ecology 为______从句，using the principles of ecology 为现 在分词短语作________。 ▲ used to do _____________ be used to doing _____________ be used to do ______________ ▲ dispose vt. to arrange things or people in a particular way; to make people behave in a particular way. disposal n. / dispose sb. to do… 使某人愿意做… /
dispose sb. to/toward(s)…使某人易于 dispose of … 去除；消除；销毁；解决
The drug disposes the patient towards sleep. 这种药使病人容易入睡。 His advice disposed me to accept her offer of help. 由于他的劝告， 使我愿意接受她的帮助。 I want to dispose of my old car before I buy a new one. 我想再买新车之前，先把旧车处理 掉。
5. A giant machine, always greedy for more, swallows all the waste available. ▲ greedy adj. wanting more money, power, food, etc. than you really need. / be greedy for sth. 渴望…
be greedy to do sth. 渴望做某事 He is greedy for fame/money. ▲ swallow
vt. to make food, drink, etc. go down your throat into your stomach. n. an act of swallowing; a small bird.