一、 定义： 在句中作状语的从句是状语从句，修饰主句中的动词、形容词或副词等。状语从句由从属连词 引导，从属连词在句中不充当句子成分，只起连接作用，状语从句放在句首时，要用逗号，放 在句尾时不用。 二、 分类 根据意义上的不同， 状语从句可分为： ①时间状语从句②地点状语从句③原因状语从句④目的 状语从句⑤条件状语从句⑥结果状语从句⑦让步状语从
句⑧方式状语从句⑨比较状语从句 三、 时间状语从句 （一）引导 时间状语从句的连词有：as, when(whenever), before, after, as soon as, until(till), since, every time, once. （二） 、 “as” as, when, while 都有“当??的时候”，可以互用 When she was a child. While she was a child. She Lived in Paris. As she was a child. as 有“一边?一边”的意思 He sang as he walked. “when” When the clock struck twelve, all the lights went out. I was sleeping when she came in. 动补 When we arrived at the station, the train had left. “while” 主、从句动作或状态同时发生。用 while 引导的从句用延续性动词，常表示较长的 时间或一个过程。 While we were having supper, all the lights went out. Please keep quiet while others are studying.
While I was writing letters last night, he was watching TV. when, while 并列连问。 when 和 while 都可用作并列连问， 连接并列分句。 When 表示“就在?? 的时候”, while 意反而，可是，表示转折。 One evening Beethoven was walking in a street, when he suddenly stopped outside a little house. 并列连词引导并列句，意思是就在那时。
一般过去时表示过去将来时，主句是一般过去时，从句用一般过去时。 1. I' ll call you when I get there. 2. They said they would leave when they got the new. 3. They left as soon as they got the new.
Whenever 无论什么时候，随时 1. Whenever someone throws in some rubbish, the truck produces a piece of music. 每当有人扔进一些垃圾时，它（汽车）就放一段音乐。 2. Whenever we' re in trouble, they will help us. 3. I go to the theatre, whenever I am free. 4. Come and see me whenever you want to.你随时来看我。
till 和 until(表示“直到??”)句首多用 until 1、在肯定句中表示“直到??为止”，主句谓语动词要用延续性动词。 I was waiting until/till he arrived.
2、在否定句中表示“直到??才”主句谓语动词常用终止性动词，这时 until 和 till 常被 before 替换。 I didn' t leave till/until she came back.
since: 主句用完成时，从句用一般过去时，since 引导的从句间或可用现在完成时。 It is two years since I have studied English. 1. We have known each other since we were children. 2. We have been friends (ever since) since we met at school. 3. It is ?? (一段时间)+since+一般过去时态句子。 It is two years since my sister married.
??(一段时间) have/has passed since +一般过去时态句子 Two sisters have/has passed since my sister married.
Since+时间点 1. I have been at home since three o' clock this afternoon. 2. Maria has been in China since two years ago.
*every time, each time, next time Every time you get back at night, you drop your boots on the floor. Every time I catch cold, I have pain in my back. (every time 分写不可以合写) 比较 everyday (adj) 日常的，普通的 every day 是名词短语，每天，天天 Next time I go there, I will visit them. * once 一旦?就 Once you begin, you must go on. 你一开了头，就应该继续下去。
四、 地点状语从句 地点状语从句用 where, wherever 引导
We should go where the people need us.我们应该去人民需要我们的地方。 Where there is a will, there is a way. 有志者，事竟成。
Wherever they went, they received a worm welcome. 无论他们走到哪儿都受到热烈欢迎。 She follows him wherever he goes. 他无论到哪里她总跟着。
五、 原因状语从句 原因状语从句用 because(因为)，since(既然), as(由于)引导 1、 字母由多到少，语气由强到弱。
2、 由 why 提问必须用 because 回答。 Since, as 不回答 why 的提问，而且从句一般放在句首，because 一般放在主句之后。
3、 because of +名词 Because of the rain, we didn' t go to the park.
4、 because 和 so 不可连用，只能选其一。 （另有 although, but） Why didn' t he come to school? Because he was ill. Since I must die, I must. 既然我一定要死，我一定这样做。 Since a lot of people make mistakes in life, Mr Smith wanted to give John a Chance.
5、 for 并列连词，不能放在句首，主要放在两个并列句之间。For 所提供的理由为一个补充 说明，而且前面常有逗号隔开。
The days we short, for it is December now. *改错 Because he is ill is the reason why he can' t come. (Because 改为 that)
六、 目的状语从句 目的状语从句用 so(常用于口语), that, so that, in order that 引导 目的状语从句的谓语常含有 may, might, can, could, should, would 等情态动词。
1. We' ll sit never to the front so we can hear better. 2. He studied hard so that he might succeed. 他努力学习，以便成功。 我慢慢讲，以便你们能做笔记。
3. I' ll speak slowly so that you can take notes.
4. They hurried to the station in order that they could catch the train. 他们急忙赶往火车站，以便能赶上火车。 5.I took a taxi so that I could get there earlier. 6.I' m going to the lecture early so that I may get a good seat. 我打算早些去听讲座，以便找个好座位。
七、 条件状语从句 条件状语从句由 if, unless, (so) as long as(只需)引导 在条件状语从句中要用一般时表示将来时（与时间状语从句相同）
We will miss the train if you don' t hurry. He said we would miss the train if we didn' t hurry. You will fail the exam unless you study hard. (if you don' t study hard) He won' t come unless he is invited. (if he isn' t invited) Eat less food unless you want to become fatter. (if you don' t want to become better) As long as you are not afraid of difficulties, you are sure to succeed.
As long as you don' t lose heart, you will succeed.
八、 结果状语从句 结果状语从句由 such?that, so?.that, so that, that 引导 1. such? that 的常用句型 such +a/an +形容词+可数名词单数+that such +形容词+可数名词单数+that Such+形容词+可数名词复数（不可数名词）+that
注意 so many (much, few, little) +名词，such a lot of (或 lots of)+名词是惯用法，不 可乱用。 She is such a beautiful girl that we all like her. They were such beautiful flower that we bought home. It was such delicious food that they ate it up.
2. so+形容词或副词+that so+形容词+a/an+可数名词单数+that He is so rich that he can buy lot of things for himself. He works so hard that he did everything well. It was so hot a day that we all went swimming. It was such a good day that we all went swimming.
3.so that, that 都可以引导结果状语从句 He didn' t study hard, (so) that he failed the exam.
4.too?to, enough?to 可以引导结果状语从句与 so?that 替换，so?that 结构可以用
too?to 替换必须具备两个条件，一是主句和结果状语从句的主语必须一致，二是从句中的谓 语部分必须含有 can(could) not. She is young that she can' t go to school. She is too young to go to school. She isn' t old enough to go to school.
九、 让步状语从句 although, though even though = even if, whether?or however = no matter how whatever = no matter what whoever = no matter who whenever = no matter when wherever = no matter where
*although 和 though 都表示“虽然”只是 although 更正式，多用于句首，而 though 用于句 中，二者都可与 yet, still 连用，但不与 but 连用
Although/Though they are poor, they often help others. They are poor, but they often help others. Although he has failed many times, he doesn' t give up trying. Whatever/No matter what you say, I won' t believe you. No matter what you say, I don' t care. No matter who you are, you must obey the rules of our school. However hard he tried, he failed again. No matter what the weather is like, you can always find surfers out riding the waves.
十、 方式状语从句 方式状语从句由 as(如同，按照)，as if (though)引导 *as 和 like 都有“像”的意思，as 是连词，后面连接句子，like 是介词后面可加名词、代词 或名词性短语。 I did the work as others did. 相当于 I did like others. You must do as I do.
as if(though)两者意义相同，从句谓语动词常用虚拟语气，但实现可能性较大，则用连接词。 It seems as if/though it' s going to rain. They are talking as if/though they were old friends. She treats me as if I were her brother. When you are in home, do as the Romans do.
例 You must do ______ I told you. A. after B. before C. where D. as (D) The students must do ______ the teacher told them. A. as B. before C. after D. if (A)
十一、比较状语从句 比较状语从句由 as?as, not as(so)?as, than, the+比较级，the+比较级引导 He swims as well as you. (do) He doesn' t swim as well as you (do). He got here earlier than you. (did) The busier he is, the happier he feels.
英语语法状语从句类型综述 状语从句主要用来修饰主句或主句的谓语。一般可分为九大类，分别表示时间、地点、原因、目的、结果、条件、让步、比 较和方式。尽管种类较多，但由于状语从句与汉语结构和用法相似，所以理解和掌握它并不难。状语从句的关键是要掌握引 导不同状语从句的常用连接词和特殊的连接词即考点。现分别列举如下: 1． 时间状语从句 常用引导词：when, as, while, as soon as, while, before, after, since , till, until 特殊引导词：the minute, the moment, the second, every time, the day，the instant, immediately , directly, no sooner … than, hardly …when, scarcely … when I didn’t realize how special my mother was until I became an adult. While John was watching TV, his wife was cooking. The children ran away from the orchard(果园) the moment they saw the guard. No sooner had I arrived home than it began to rain. Every time I listen to your advice, I get into trouble. 2． 地点状语从句 常用引导词：where 特殊引导词：wherever, anywhere, everywhere Generally, air will be heavily polluted where there are factories. Wherever you go, you should work hard. 3． 原因状语从句 常用引导词：because, since, as, since 特殊引导词：seeing that, now that, in that, considering that, given that, considering that, inasmuch as, insomuch as My friends dislike me because I’m handsome and successful. Now that everybody has come, let’s begin our conference. The higher income tax is harmful in that it may discourage people from trying to earn more. Considering that he is no more than 12 years old, his height of 1.80 m is quite remarkable. 4． 目的状语从句 常用引导词：so that, in order that 特殊引导词：lest, in case, for fear that，in the hope that, for the purpose that, to the end that The boss asked the secretary to hurry up with the letters so that he could sign them. The teacher raised his voice on purpose that the students in the back could hear more clearly. 5． 结果状语从句 常用引导词：so … that, so… that, such … that, 特殊引导词：such that, to the degree that, to the extent that, to such a degree that, He got up so early that he caught the first bus. It’s such a good chance that we must not miss it. To such an degree was he excited that he couldn’t sleep last night. 6． 条件状语从句 常用引导词：if, unless, 特殊引导词：as/so long as, only if, providing/provided that, suppose that, in case that, on condition that We’ll start our project if the president agrees. You will certainly succeed so long as you keep on trying. Provided that there is no opposition, we shall hold the meeting here. 7． 让步状语从句 常用引导词：though, although, even if, even though 特殊引导词： as(用在让步状语从句中必须要倒装)，while ( 一般用在句首 )，no matter …， in spite of the fact that, while, whatever, whoever, wherever, whenever, however, whichever Much as I respect him, I can’t agree to his proposal. 尽管我很尊敬他， 我却不同意他的建议。 The old man always enjoys swimming even though the weather is rough. No matter how hard he tried, she could not change her mind.
He won’t listen whatever you may say. 8． 比较状语从句 常用引导词：as(同级比较), than(不同程度的比较) 特殊引导词：the more … the more … ; just as …， so…; A is to B what /as X is to Y; no … more than; not A so much as B She is as bad-tempered as her mother. The house is three times as big as ours. The more you exercise, the healthier you will be. Food is to men what oil is to machine. 食物之于人，犹如油之于机器。 9． 方式状语从句 常用引导词：as, as if, how 特殊引导词：the way When in Rome, do as the Roman do. She behaved as if she were the boss. Sometimes we teach our children the way our parents have taught us.
l. - Is Mrs White in the office? - Yes,___she is on duty, she must be there A.since B.until C.while D.if 2. _______ journalism seems like a good profession (职业), I would prefer to be a teacher. A. Although B. Even C. No matter D .Now that 3. _______ he wants to fire you, l suggest you stop wearing sport clothes in the office. A. If B. Since C. Until D. Ualess 4. She tried to phone him, _______there was no answer because he was abroad. A. since B. while C. so D. but 5. _______ I prefer a color TV, I have to buy a black and white one this time. A. As B.Since C.Because D. Although 6. I had just started back for the house to change my clothes _______ I heard the voices. A. as B. for C. while D.When 7. You can speak French well _______ you practise it with a Frenchman every day. A. unless B. although C. as long as D. so that
8.The lady will have to wait all day _______ the doctor Works faster. A. if B. unless C. whether D. that 9. The class went on with the story _______they had left it before the holiday. A.where B. which C. in which D.when 10. Would you like to have a break _______ shall we go on with the work? A. and B.then C.therefore D. or 11. We didn't plan to meet. We meet ___ in the street. A.by the way B.by chance C.on purpose D. in surprise 12. --- What are you going to do this afternoon? - I'll probably go for a walk later on ___ it stays fine. A. as far as B. so long as C. even if D. as if l3 .I couldn't make out what they were saying, for they spoke to me _______. A.righ away B. all the time C. in all D. at once l4. - Could you tell me where Jim lives? --_______Jim used to live next doo to us, and now he is living in another town. A.At the time B. At one time C. At a time D. At times l5. In order to continue to learn by ourselves when we have left school, we must________ study how to 1earn in the school now. A. in all B. after all C. for all D. at all l6.I came home very late last night, ___, early this morning. A. at latest B.on the whole C. in a word D. or rather 17. I'm sure ghosts (at) do not exist. _____, I have never seen one. A. First of all B.Now and then C. Day and nigh D.At least 18. The day must be breaking, _______ the birds have begun singing. A. because B. as C. for D. since 19. You can go out _______ you Promise to be back before 10 o'clock. A. now that B. so long as C. so that D. as far as 20. Smoking does great harm to our health. _______many people smoke in Public Places. A. Therefore B. However C. Although D. No matter 2l. Dr. Bethune began to work _______ he arrived at the front. A. the moment B. by the time C. before D. at the moment 22 .This class named _______Lei Feng is one of the best classes in this school. A. in honour of B.in the place of C. in favour of D. in the way of 23. We had to he patient because it_______ some time _______we got the full result. A.have been; since B.had been; until C.was; after D.would be; before 24. I am sorry I didn't do a good job. - Never mind., _______you have tried your best. A. Above all B. In all C. At all D. After all l 25. Whoever is_______ advanced can pass this test. A. more and mor B. more or less C. no more D. any the less 26. _______ others say, the Professor is sure that his theory is correct. A. No matter B. It doesn't matter C .Whatever D. What 27 .l won't give you any help_______ you tell me the truth. It's none of my business. A.unless B.since C.if D.even if 28. Only one third of the people present at the meeting were ______the revision (修订) of the rules. A. in agreement of B. in favour of C. in for D. with the side of 29. Many places are flooded by heavy rainfalls, so they can't walk _______they like these days. A. when B. whenever C. where D. Wherever 3O. - How do we do the cleaning?- Do it_______: Sweep the floor, wipe the desks, rub the windows and put everything in order. A. as usual B. as follows C. as following D. like that 3l. lt's cloudy. Take an umbrella _______you regret it. A. or B. and C. after D. before 32.His father began to work ______his childhood. A. since B. before C. as early as D. while
33. The roof fell _____he had time to dash into the room to save his baby. A. before B. as C. after D. until 34.- The thread of my kite broke and it flew away. - I had told you it would easily break_______ it was the weakest. A.when B.where C. unless D. since 35. The crowd started cheering _______he rose to speak. A. as B. since C. till D. where 36. I had worked here _______you came here. But l shall leave for England_______. A. before long; before long B. bore long; long before C. long before; before long D. long before; long before 37. Scientists say it may be five or ten years_______it is possible to test this medicine on human patients. A. since B. before C. after D. when 38. We called the First - Aid Center_______ the traffic accident happened. A. immediately B. shortly C.quickly D. hurriedly 39. ______ you keep on, you'll succeed. Wish you success in the examinations. A. When B. No matter how hard C. So long as D. Now that 40.- Do you think we can get there on time? - Yes, _______ the car doesn't break down. A.even if B.unless C.until D.so long as 4l..- Let Jack take the place. He's older and should be more experienced. - I don't think so. A man doesn't necessarily grow wiser_______ he grows older. A. because B. that C. than D. as 42. ______you understand this rule, you will have no further difficulty. A. While B. Once C. Though D. Unless 43 .- Was he pleased to hear the news? --_______ Pleased, even excited. A. No more than B. More than C. More D. More or less 44. _______, his wife will stand at the gate to wait for him to come back. A. However he is late B. However is he late C. However late he is D. However late is he 45. – Haven't the curtains been drawn yet? - No, ____ the lamps outside have already been lighted. A. though B. since C. when D. after 46. Of course they were later than expected; but_______ they were in time to start the game. A.at all B.after all C.in all D.for all 47. I'll give him your message______ he comes back from lunch. A. until B. as soon as C. while D. before 48. He whispered to his wife_______ he might wake up the sleeping baby. A. so that B. on condition that C. for fear that D. so long as 49. --- May l come in right now? - Certainly, ______only two are allowed at a time. A. so B. therefore C.but D. unless 50.I don't believe ____ he says now. He is a cheat. A.no matter what B.everything C.whatever D.how
1. I get to Pairs,I’ll call you up at the airport. A.Since B.While C.Once D.Altough 2. the headmaster comes, we won’t discuss this plan. A.Unless B.If not C.Except D.Whether 3.Bill must have been away from the office. how many times I phoned him,nobody answered it. A.Whatever B.No matter C.In spite of D.Though 4.I had been to Beijing long you visited it. A.before B.till C.after D.when 5. ,he is good at drawing. A.To be a child B.A child as he is C.As a child D.Child as he is 6.Don’t be discouraged you have fallen behind others. A.whether B.as if C.even if D.however 7.We can get there on time the car doesn’t break down. A.while B.as long as C.so that D.even if 8.The vase on the left is than the one on the right,and not . A.more nicer；so expensive B.much more better；as expensive C.nicer；as expensive D.better；such expensive 9.It wasn’t long he joined the job. A.that B.before C.until D.and 10.These planes can fly than the old ones. A.as fast three times B.three times as fast C.three times fast D.three times faster 11. had the bell rung the students took their seats. A.Hardly；when B.No sooner；when C.Hardly；than D.No sooner；then 12. many times，but he still couldn’t understand it. A.Having been told B. Though had been told C.He was told D.Having told 13. we have come,let’s stay and enjoy it. A.For B.As C.Because D.Since 14.You’d better do you are required. A.like B.which C.that D.as 15. that none of us could follow him. A.He spoke very fast B.So fast he spoke C.Too fast he spoke D.So fast did he speak 16.I’ll start early, it may be dark. A.however B.whether C.if D.though 17. the baby fell asleep the room. A.After；did the mother leave B.Not until；did the mother leave C.Not until；the mother left D.Soon after；the mother had left 18. the day went on,the weather got worse. A.With B.Since C.As D.While 19.He can’t have gone out, the light is still on. A.because B.since C.as D.for 20.I was walking along the river I heard a cry for help. A.while B.since C.when D.as 21.We shouldn’t do that dangerous experiment the teacher is with as. A.if not B.if C.unless D.as long as 22.He has little education he is unable to find a job. A.such；that B.so；and C.so；that D.such；and 23.The soldier was wounded， he pushed on. A.for B.and C.so D.yet 24.The full letter reads follows.
A.like B.as C.that D.which 25.Will you go our motherland needs us most after graduation? A.that B.where C.in which D.to the place which 26.This is a revision paper.When you do it,you’d better make a mark you have questions. A.where B.the place C.as if D.since 27.Water power station are built big water falls. A.where there are B.where there have C.which has D.which are 28.I am sure I’ll meet kind－hearted man I go. A.where B.to the place where C.wherever D.the place 29.She is so good at playing table－tennis that she can hit the ball she wants it to go. A. the place where B. that C. in which D. where 30.It was his mother came in to prepare his lessons. A.not until；did the boy begin B.until；that the boy began C.until；did the boy begin D.not until；that the boy began
答案： 1－5 C A B A D 6－10 C B C B D 11－15 A C D D D 16－20 D B C D C 21－25 C C D B B 26－30 A A C D D