satisfied 1. All the students in Class 7 are s_________ with their English’s teaching methods. 2. People light incense before graves in memory m_______ of their ancestors. leads 3. As is well
known, every road l____ to Rome. 4. The stone on the playground were placed in shape the s_______ of the letters OK.
origin 5. It is hard to know the o_____ of the human race, that is, how the human race comes out. arrival 6. On my _______(到达) at the hotel, he gave me a sweet kiss. 7. I always admire ______(钦佩) the man in blue for his devotion to the tiring job. 8. You see, the energetic _________(精力充沛的)young man plays basketball day and night.
9. With my father permission (允许), I may ___________ have a swim when I want to. 10. It is time that you apologized __________(道歉) to Tom for your having done wrong to him . 11. You know I am not an able man and there is a l____ to what I can do for you. limit 12. The famous scientist devotes himself to researching r___________ on the effects of radioactivity.
amount 13.There is a small a ______ of food and we must think out an idea to get more. benefit 14. For the b_______ of people’s health, we must build more advanced hospitals. items 15. There are many i_____ to be discussed in our meeting today. 16. In some places in Japan, people are used to eat raw ____(生的) fish．
17. In summer roasted ______(烘烤) mutton is very popular and sells well. 18. The weakness __________( 软弱) his character leads to total failure in the campaign. 19. The modern actress who has a slim (纤细) ____ Waist often appears on TV. signing 20. We all can’t help ________(叹息) when we heard the death of Gao Xiumin.
bet 21. Yesterday I made a b_____ on who will get the first prize. 22. We all think it wrong to judge a person by appearance his a__________. manners 23. It is bad m_________ to spit in public. 24. Many people think the man dressed in rags r_____ is a beggar. In fact they are wrong. account 25. What you do can a________ for what you say before us.
26. Tom is jealous (嫉妒) of his friend’s ability ______ and hates himself. 27. I easily spotted (认出) him in the crowd ______ because he was very tall. permitting 28. Weather _________ (允许), we’ll go out to climb the hill. rude 29. Don’t be ______(粗鲁) to the taxi driver. It is not his fault that the traffic is heavy. 30. The new manager is intelligent and hardworking, and moreover he has novel many______(新奇的) ideas.
41. City life is very d_______ from country life. different 42. The fire s spread from the factory to the ______ house nearby. violent 43. In this v______ conflict ,about 20 common people died. harmful 44. It allowed the earth to dissolve h_______ gases, which formed part of the atmosphere. development 45. With the d_____________ of society, we come to realize the importance of the balance of nature.
presence 46. Your __________(出场) is requested at the club meeting on Friday. 47. Pieces of rubbish were floating on the surface ________(表面)of the river. 48. I was disappointed ___________(失望的) to hear that he lost the last game. 49. I think we should try again using a method different _____________(方法) 50. The atmosphere ___________(气氛)at home’s been depressing since they had that fight.
minister 51. A m_______ of this government will visit Beijing next month. figured 52. She f_____ out that he was leaving on Tuesday official 53. The o_______ languages of Canada English and French. bother 54. Please don’t b_______ me, for I have a lot of work to do now. extremely 55. The weather is e__________ cold, so you’d better put on your coat.
56. After returning from abroad they settled ______ down(定居) in Shanghai. 57. Smith and Tom have a slightly (稍微) _______ different attitude about this problem. 58. We were all terrified _______(惊恐)by the bomb attack happened in that street. broad 59. The track was three meters b______. gifts 60. I had never seen a man of many ______(才 华).