1.It is too hot outside. You’d better not ____ out.
A. go B. goes C. going D. to go
2.My flight to New YOrk ___from Shanghai Pudong International Airpo
rt. A. took in B. took off C. took out D. took up 3.”Hi, This’s Bill, What are you doing Tom?”--”I am watching a football match. It started at 7 p.m. and __ on for another half an hour. A. has been B. was C.had been D. will be
4. In the past few years, there __great changes in my home town.
A.are B.were C.have been D. had been
5.Your composition is good. Besides, your handwriting is excellent too. Besides means__. A. However, B. What’s more, C. Even though D. What’s worse
6.That little girl seems__ because of her new haircut.
A.happily B.sadly C.cheerfully D.lovely
7. At first the little boy denied__his neighbour’s window. A.to break B. has broken C. breaking D. broke
8.That man is a lier, you can never expect him__ you with anything. A. helping B.to help C.help D./ 9.I bought a book and it was __ book I’ve ever read. A. interesting B. interest C.more interesting D. the most interesting
10. By the time he received the letter, his wife __. A. had gone B.have gone C.was going D.gone
11. The stupid boy even can’t find the entrance __ the park. A. of B. to C. for D. about
12.My teacher wants me to write a composition __ friendship this morning.
A. for B. in C. on D.of
13.She’s never dressed like a girl, __ she?
A. is B. has C. hasn’t D. isn’t
14. --Is this hat Nancy’s? --No, it __ hers. Hers is much smaller.
A. mustn’t be B.can’t be C.shouldn’t be D. needn’t be