温馨提示： 此套题为 Word 版，请按住 Ctrl,滑动鼠标滚轴，调节合 适的观看比例，答案解析附后。关闭 Word 文档返回原板块。
完形填空 (建议用时: 40 分钟) A (2013· 武汉模拟) 体裁 夹叙夹议 话题 老师的故事 词数 318
There was a very special te
acher who made a far-reaching difference in my life. Fall, 1959, the first day of class at Bethesda Chevy Chase High School was about to begin. “Who”, I asked a senior, “is Mrs. McNamara, my 10th grade English teacher? ”He just 1 and said something about my being in 2 . Soon, I understood what he meant. Mrs. McNamara had a pattern of 3 that she repeated again and again. We would have a literature 4 . The next day, when we came to class, there would 5 to the homework reading.
reading task for
be two or three topics on the blackboard We were 6
to write an in-class essay about one of the topics. The 7 8 the corrected and graded essays and each to stand in front of the class and to 9 10
following day, she would person would be called
his/her essay. The class were required to criticize(评论)that essay,
the grade of everyone in class would be reduced. The first time that I 11 her read-write-criticize method, I had not
12 to do the homework and had written something without knowing what it meant. classmates, 13 the extreme embarrassment I suffered, standing before my 14 myself. No one laughed at me; no one would be 15
enough, or foolish enough, to do that in Mrs. McNamara’s class. The embarrassment came from not to let it happen again. Mrs. McNamara kept all of our written work in files; it was easy to see the 18 in writing that had occurred. What was not so easy to see was the inner transformation that had taken place, at least for me. What Mrs. McNamara 19 me to do was to see myself as others see me and, having 20 . Thank you, Mrs. 16 and along with it came a strong 17
done that, I could improve myself. And I McNamara. 1. A. nodded 2. A. trouble 3. A. behaviour C. activity 4. A. review C. practice 5. A. added C. contributed B. laughed B. sorrow
C. apologized C. danger B. evaluation D. thought B. performance D. homework B. related D. compared
D. shouted D. anger
6. A. expected C. allowed 7. A. collect 8. A. on purpose C. by chance 9. A. talk through C. read out 10. A. so 11. A. tried C. examined 12. A. undertaken C. bothered 13. A. Remember C. Bear 14. A. playing jokes on C. setting a trap for 15. A. brave C. proud 16. A. above 17. A. tendency C. determination 18. A. improvements B. within B. and B. return
B. persuaded D. advised C. send B. at first D. in turn B. hand over D. show off C. but B. adopted D. experienced B. attempted D. hesitated B. Predict D. Imagine B. making a fool of D. taking advantage of B. careless D. selfish C. behind B. preference D. sense B. pains D. below D. or D. receive
C. difficulties 19. A. trusted C. forced 20. A. did B. could
D. advantages B. invited D. permitted C. had D. would
【拓展训练】 选词填空。 related, bother, selfish, take advantage of, hand over 1. You had better not him right now. .
2. Our culture teaches us that to put ourselves first is 3. They take out the wallet and 4. Each of us are closely their cash. to your job. them.
5. Once you have really good people, B
(2013· 北京模拟) 体裁 议论文 话题 事物的全面性 词数 301
Beware of those who use the truth to deceive(欺骗). When someone tells you something that is should be 2 1 , but leaves out important information that
, he can create a false impression. a hundred dollars on the 4 it in
For example, someone might say, “I just 3
lottery. It was great. I took that dollar ticket back to the store and for one hundred dollars!”
This guy is a winner, that he bought two hundred big 7 !
5 ? Maybe, maybe not. We then discover 6 , and only one was a winner. He’s really a
He didn’t say anything that was some important technically 10 9
8 , but he deliberately left out
. That’s called a half-truth. Half-truths are not 11 .
, but they are just as not 12
Untrustworthy candidates in
campaigns often use this tactic(手
段). Let’s say that during Governor Smith’s last term, the state lost one million jobs and 13 three million jobs. Then she 14 15 another term.
One of her opponents runs an ad
, “During Governor Smith’s term, 16 , an honest statement
the state lost one million jobs!”That’s true.
would have been, “During Governor Smith’s term, the state had a net gain of 17 million jobs. ” Advertisers will sometimes use half-truths. It’s false claims so they try to mislead you with the 19 18 the law to make . An ad might boast,
“Nine out of ten doctors recommend Yucky Pills to cure nose pimples . ”It 20 to mention that they only asked ten doctors and nine of them work for the Yucky Corporation. This kind of deception happens too often. It’s a sad fact of life: Lies are lies, and sometimes the truth can lie as well. 1. A. false C. interesting B. true D. boring
2. A. included C. ignored 3. A. lost 4. A. changed 5. A. right 6. A. books 7. A. winner 8. A. true 9. A. details C. mistakes 10. A. stories 11. A. pleasant 12. A. political C. personal 13. A. stopped 14. A. seeks 15. A. writing 16. A. Otherwise C. Meanwhile 17. A. one 18. A. for 19. A. words B. two B. to B. facts B. found B. gets B. telling B. truth B. exciting B. found B. took B. well B. papers B. loser B. real
B. contained D. referred C. donated C. turned C. really C. tickets C. fighter C. doubtful B. information D. errors C. messages C. honest B. commercial D. public C. avoided C. achieves C. saying B. However D. Because C. three C. against C. data D. four D. in D. truth D. gained D. searches D. speaking D. lies D. clever D. won D. made D. though D. balls D. thinker D. false
20. A. fails 【拓展训练】
根据文章内容回答问题。 1. Suppose a boy says he was late for school because he had a flat tire, how can you find he is telling a half-truth? (no more than 20 words)
2. What’s the writer ’s attitude toward the situation in the passage? (no more than 10 words)
A 【文章大意】文章介绍了影响 “ 我 ” 一生的 “ 特殊 ” 老师 ——Mrs. McNamara 的教学方法和生活故事。 1. 【解析】选 B 。词义辨析题。当被问及 “ 我 ” 十年级的英语老师 ——McNamara 夫人是谁时, 他没有正面回答, 仅仅是笑了笑, 并且说 “我”有麻烦了。A 项“点头”, 不符合所问问题; C、D 两项与文章内容无 关。 2.【解析】选 A。前后照应题。从下文内容看, 老师的教学方法可能会 给作者带来“麻烦”。 3. 【解析】选 C。词义辨析题。a pattern of activity 一种(课堂)活动模 式。 that 引导定语从句, 修饰 activity。 A 项“行为”; B 项“评估, 评价”; D 项“思想”。
4. 【解析】选 D。词汇复现题。由下一句的 the homework 以及下一段 第一句中的 do the homework 可知, a literature reading task 就是我们每天 的“家庭作业”。 5. 【解析】 选 B。 词义辨析题。 考查动词的过去分词作后置定语。 added to 被添加到……; related to 与……有关; contributed to 被捐献给……; compared to 被比作……。此处指黑板上总是有两三个与所阅读的作业 有关的题目。 6. 【解析】 选 A。 前后照应题。 由上文可知, 读了文章, 给出了题目, 接 下来我们“被要求”当堂就其中某一题目写一篇作文。expect 要求。 7.【解析】选 B。词义辨析题。return 归还。此处指她在第二天再把已 修改过和打了分数的作文发给我们。 8. 【解析】 选 D。 词义辨析题。 既然是人人都参与的活动, 当然是被“逐 个”点名到教室前大声读出自己的作文。in turn 轮流; 逐个, 符合语境。 on purpose 故意地; at first 起初, 起先; by chance 碰巧。 9. 【解析】选 C。前后照应题。由下一句内容可知, 只有“读出”自己的 作文, 同学们才能加以评论。 read out 大声读出, 朗读; talk through 把某 事谈透; hand over 移交; show off 炫耀。 10.【解析】选 D。语法结构题。班里的同学都要评论他/她的作文, 要 不然全班同学的分数就会降低。 11. 【解析】选 D。前后照应题。由文章内容看, 作者是在讲述自己过 去“经历”的事。experience 此处为动词。 12. 【解析】选 C。前后照应题。作者第一次接触她的读——写——评
论教学方法时, 并没有认真地去完成这一作业。bother 花费时间/精力 (做某事)。 13. 【解析】选 D。词义辨析题。imagine 想象, 符合上下文语境。 14. 【解析】选 B。词义辨析题。make a fool of oneself 出丑; play jokes on sb. 开某人的玩笑; set a trap for sb. 给某人设下圈套; take advantage of sb. 利用某人。 15. 【解析】选 A。前后照应题。由后文的 or foolish enough 可知, 此 处应表示对比概念。 16.【解析】选 B。背景常识题。既然没有人嘲笑自己, 那么当时的这 种尴尬仅仅是自己的一种感觉。come from within 来自内心深处。 17. 【解析】选 C。逻辑推理题。此处表示作者态度的一种转变, 即决 定不再让这样的事情发生。determination 决心, 决定。 18. 【解析】选 A。前后照应题。McNamara 夫人把我们的作文都保存 下来, 因此, 当写作水平有了“改善”时是很容易看得到的。 19. 【解析】 选 C。 固定搭配题。 force sb. to do sth. 促使某人做某事, 此 处 force 意为“促使”。 句意: McNamara 夫人促使我做的事就是要像别人 看待我那样来看待自己。 20.【解析】选 A。前后照应题。此处助动词 did 代替前一句中的 could improve myself。 【拓展训练】 答案：1. bother 2. selfish 3. hand over 4. related 5. take advantage of
B 【文章大意】作者以只给出部分事实的事情为例, 指出我们不应该 只看事物的表面事实, 因为这些事实有时是片面的。 1. 【解析】选 B。考查词语复现。根据 Beware of those who use the truth to deceive. 可知。 2. 【解析】选 A。考查词义辨析。当有人告诉你部分事实, 但省略了 应该包括在内的重要信息时, 他就能创造虚假的印象。include 通常表 示把某事物或某人作为其中的一部分包含在内; contain 通常指某容器 中盛或装有某物 , 还可以指某种物质中含有某成分或含有其他物质 ; ignore 忽视; refer 提及。 3. 【解析】 选 D。 考查对上下文语境的理解。 根据下文 This guy is a winner 可知是买彩票中了一百美元。win 赢得; lose 失去; find 找到; donate 捐 赠。 4. 【解析】 选 C。 考查固定搭配。 turn in 上交; change 改变; take 拿; make 制作。 5. 【解析】 选 A。 考查对上下文语境的理解。 根据 Maybe, maybe not. 可 知, 本句意为“这个人是个赢家, 对吗? ” 6.【解析】选 C。考查对上下文语境的理解。根据 I took that dollar ticket back to the store and it in for one hundred dollars!”可知。
7. 【解析】选 B。考查背景常识。买彩票的人买了 200 张彩票, 但只 赢了 100 美元, 因此是输家。 8. 【解析】 选 D。 考查对上下文语境的理解。 根据 That’s called a half-truth.
可知。 9. 【解析】 选 B。 考查词语复现。 根据第一段中 When someone tells you something that is should be , but leaves out important information that , he can create a false impression. 可知。
10.【解析】选 D。考查词语复现。根据文章最后一句 Lies are lies, and sometimes the truth can lie as well. 可知。 11. 【解析】选 C。考查背景常识。根据常识可知 half-truths 不诚实。 12. 【解析】选 A。考查前后照应。根据下文所举的例子来看, 这是一 次政治竞选活动。political 政治的; commercial 商业的; personal 个人的; public 公开的。 13. 【解析】选 D。考查词语复现。根据 During Governor Smith’s term, the state had a net gain of million jobs. ”可知。
14.【解析】选 A。考查对上下文语境的理解。史密斯州长谋求第二个 任期。seek 谋求; get 得到; achieve 达到; search 搜寻。 15. 【解析】选 C。考查词义辨析。根据 ad 可知是广告上写着……。 16. 【解析】选 B。考查对上下文语境的理解。分析句意可知前后为转 折关系。however 然而; otherwise 否则; meanwhile 与此同时; because 因 为。 17.【解析】选 B。考查对上下文语境的理解。根据 Let’s say that during Governor Smith’s last term, the state lost one million jobs and three million jobs. 可知。 18.【解析】选 C。考查背景常识。造假当然是违背法律的。
19.【解析】选 D。考查前后照应。根据句中的 false 可知。 20.【解析】选 A。考查词义辨析。它未提及他们只问了十名医生, 其 中九名为 the Yucky Corporation 工作。 【拓展训练】 答案：1.He didn’t tell he actually came to school by bus. / He had a flat tire after he got to school. 2. The writer felt disappointed/sad but helpless.
关闭 Word 文档返回原板块