（满分 120 分）
I 单项选择： 20 分） （ 1. — Hurry up! It’s time to leave. — OK. ______. A. I come B. I’d come C. I came D. I’m coming
2. _____ in her
best skirt, the girl tried to make herself ____ at the party. A. Dressed; noticed B. Dressing; noticing
C. Dressing; noticed D. Dressed; noticing 3. ______ little boys spent ______ little time planting ______ many trees. A. So; so; so so; so 4. There have been several ______ drowning here this summer. A. death B. deaths from C. death of D. deaths of B. Such; such; so C. so; such; so D. Such;
5. Bob insisted that he ______ nothing wrong and _______ from work. A. did; won’t be fired C. should do; mustn’t be fired B. had done; not be fired D. do; shouldn’t be fired
6. – Would you mind helping me look for the missing bike ? --- _____ . A. It doesn’t matter B. Not at all C. Yes, with pleasure D. No, no way
7. -------He doesn’t like Rock music. -------- ________do I. A. Either B. Or C. So D. Nor
8. He __all his important thoughts in his diary. A. set down B. set off C. set up D. set on
9. It’s the third time he _____with her in a week. A. had quarreled B. quarreled C. has quarreled D. quarreling
10. Ten people, ____ three children, were _____ in the accident.
A. included, harmed C. contained, wounded
B.including, injured D. containing, hurt
11. Do you have any difficulty ___ these flowers? I’d like to help you if you need. A. to plant B. for planting C. with planting D. in planting
12. The film makes me think of the happiest days ______ we spent together. A. when B. where C. that D. which
13. We were ________when we heard of the news that the ship had sunk in the storm. A. shocking B. shocked C. worried D. worrying
14. Firework _______the beauty of the festival night. A. added to B. added up C. added up to D. added
15. He asked , “ Are you a Party member or a League member?” He asked me _________. A. am I a Party member or a League member B. was I a Party member or a League member C. whether I was a Party member or a League member D. whether was I a Party member or a League member. 16. Mrs. Brown ______ her husband to give up smoking and from then on he became stronger and stronger. A. promised 17. They can’t get A. on ; in all B. persuaded C. pretended D. advised .
well with each other because they have nothing B. along ; after all C. along ; in common D. on ; at all
18. The number of the people who speak English people A. are; are 19. My plane A. leaves; leave C. is leaving; am leaving 20. In order to improve English, native speakers. ? B. are;is at 8:30 am, so I C. is; is
large, and a large number of
______ home at 8:00 tomorrow morning. B. leaves; am leaving D. is leaving; leave . ?
A. Jenny's father bought her a lot of tapes ?
B. a lot of tapes were bought by Jenny's father C. a lot of tapes were bought by Jenny D. Jenny bought a lot of tapes for herself ?
III 完型填空 （20 分） My father often works very hard. And he tell you a 22 story about him. 23 24. go home, he found a film to have not much work to 21. goes to the movies. Here I will
One afternoon, when he finished his work, and ticket under the glass on his desk. He thought he do that day and 25
was quite wonderful to pass the evening at the cinema. 26 finished his supper. Then he said good-bye to
So he came back home and us and left.. But to our the 29 . 27
, he came back about half an hour later. I asked him what was
28 . He smiled and told us about the funny thing that had happened at the
Whey my father was sitting in his seat, a that the seat was hers. My father was looked at it carefully. It was Row 17, 34. . So he asked her to the seat 36 35 33
came to father’s seat and said . he took out the ticket 32
. And then he looked at the seat. It was
her ticket. She took out the ticket at once and
in it was Row 17, Seat 3.
Why? What’s the matter with all this? While they were wondering, suddenly the woman said, “The 37 of the tickets are different.” 38 they looked at the 39 , I made a
tickets more carefully. After a while my father said, “Oh, I am mistake. My ticket is for the these words, he left. 21. A. always 22. A. funny 23. A. was to 24. A. happened 25. A. it B. seldom B. sad C. often C. bad D. sometimes. D. strange D. ought to D. wanted D. which 40
a month ago. Take this seat, please.” With
B. was about to C. had to B. liked B. this C. pretended C. that
26. A. early 27. A. surprise 28. A. matter 29. A. hall 30. A. man 31. A. interested 32. A. and 33. A. Seat 1 34. A. different 35. A. bring 36. A. said 37. A. designs 38. A. .But 39. A. sad 40. A. exhibition
B. quietly B. joy B. date B. theatre B. woman B. surprised B. but B. Seat 2 B. unusual B. get B. named B. colors B. However B. sorry B. play
C. quickly C. sorrow C. time C. office C. boy C. frightened C. or C. Seat 3 C. the same C. see C. told C. prices C. So C. wrong C. concert
D. suddenly D. delight D. price D. cinema D. stranger D. disappointed D. so D. Seat 4 D. strange D. show D. shown D. owners D. Yet D. worried D. film
IV 阅读理解： 40 分） （ 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项中，选出最佳选项。 A Once an old man was walking in a street with his horse. It was raining hard.The old man was cold because he was walking in the rain. He wanted to stay in a restaurant. It was a quarter past three in the afternoon. The old man got to a small restaurant. There were a lot of people in it. The old man couldn't come near the fire. He thought and thought. At last he said to the waiters, "Take some fish to my horse." The waiter and the people were very surprised. The waiter said, "A horse doesn't eat fish." The old man told the waiter, "This horse is very interesting. It can sing, dance and does all kinds of things. It can eat fish, too," So the waiter brought the horse some fish. All the people in the restaurant ran out to see the horse eat fish except the old man. Now the old man sat beside the fire. After a while the waiter came back and said. "Your horse didn't eat any fish." The old man said, "All right, take the fish back and put it on the table. I'll eat it”.
41. The old man felt very cold because ____. A. it was a cloudy and windy day C. he had travelled in the heavy rain B. it snowed D. he was hungry
42. The people in the restaurant all ran out because ____. A. they wanted to see the old man B. they wanted to see the horse eating fish C. they had been told there came the horse D. there was no fire over the stove 43. Indeed, the horse can neither ____ nor ____ nor ____. A. walk ... speak ... eat C. sing ... dance ... eat fish B. sing ... dance ... sleep D. speak ... walk ... sit
44. All the people in the restaurant rushed out ____ but ____. A. to see the horse sing ... the old man B. to watch the horse play games ... the waiter C. to look for the horse ... the old man D. to see the horse eat fish ... the old man 45. Why did the old man ask the waiter to take some fish to his horse? Because ____. A. his horse liked eating fish B. he was cold
C. he wanted to sit by the fire, but wasn't able to do so at first D. he himself also liked to eat fish B “S.H.E. is going to sing at the CCTV annual Spring Festival Evening Party, is that true?” cried out Peng Weiye, a Senior 2 girl in Shanghai and die-hard S.H.E. fan. After checking it on the Internet, Peng quickly phoned friends to spread the news. For fans like her, S.H.E.’s performance is perhaps the only part of the old fashioned evening to get excited about. The Taiwanese band is made up of Selina, Hebe and Ella. Their name comes from the first letter of each of the singers’ English names. Last week S.H.E. announced they would perform in Las Vegas, US, over Christmas and then in Guangzhou on January 15. At their Shanghai show on October 30, hundreds of parents waited outside the
Hongkou Stadium. Inside, thousands of teenagers sang, cried and shouted as the band performed. “I love their music, healthy imagine and everything related to them. Thank God that, although my parents don’t understand why I love them so much, they still bought me a ticket for that show,” said Peng about the Shanghai performance. It is not just on the mainland that the three girls have made audiences much excited. In the past year the band has passed through Taiwan, Hong Kong and even Singapore and Malaysia. When the three high school girls entered a singing contest in Taiwan in 2000, none of them ever dreamed of being a superstar. “We had never met before, and we didn’t talk at all at the beginning,” recalled Ella. When asked about the secret of their success, she said, “Our average looks and not-so-expensive clothes keep us close to our fans. We are happy to be the girls next door, your singing sisters.” “It’s really a magical journey, from day-dreaming high school girls to singers performing on the same stage as our idols（偶像）. Nothing but magical,” she said. 46. Why was Peng Weiye, a Senior 2 girl, so excited? A. S.H.E. hand will get the old fashioned evening exciting. B. S.H.E. will perform in Las Vegas over Christmas. C. Her parents bought her a ticket for S.H.E.’s Shanghai show. D. S.H.E. will perform on the CCTV Spring Festival Evening Party. 47. How did the Taiwanese band get the name? A. Their fans gave the name to them. B. Their idols had a deep influence on them. C. A singing contest gave their idea of the band name. D. The first letters of Selina, Hebe and Ella form the band name. 48. What do you know about Peng Weiye? A. she stayed outside the Hongkou Stadium to listen to S.H.E.’s performance. B. She will watch the prfomance in Guangzhou on January 15. C. She pays close attention to everything about S.H.E.
D. She was grateful that her parents understood and supported her. 49. Which is true about S.H.E.? A. The secret to their success is their pretty faces and lovely clothes. B. They were close friends when they entered a singing contest. C. They caused a storm of excitement in Southeast Asia. D. They have well prepared to perform with their idols. 50. Which do you think is NOT the reason for S.H.E’s popularity among their fans? A.Their music and their healthy image. B.They can make audience much excited. C.Their success meets their fans’ day dream of becoming others’ idols. D.Their average looks and not-so-expensive clothes keep them close to their fans. C The following is a timetable in Shanghai Pudong International Airport． Airline Air Canada Japanese Airlines British Airways Pan American Pan American Air Canada CAAC CAAC British Airways Flight Number 137 320 405 226 12 178 289 314 230 Destination Beijing Tokyo Paris London Beijing Tokyo Hong Kong Moscow New York Departure 10:12 a．m． 10:30 a．m． 11:00 a．m． 11:20 a．m． 11:43 a．m． 12:32 a．m． 12:32 a．m． 12:45 a．m． 12:55 a．m． Gate 24 18 20 12 15 21 14 18 23
51．A man wants to take Flight 178 to Tokyo． Which gate should he go to? A．14. B．28 C．21. D．18
52．Lisa is at gate 23． Where is she going? A．Paris B．Beijing C．Tokyo D．New York
53．Now it’s 11:40.Mary is at gate 20． Which airline’s plane will she take?
A．British Airways C．Pan American
B．Japanese Airlines D．Air Canada
54．Gate _______ is the busiest among all these gates． A．23 B．18 C．24. D．15
55．Which airline’s flights cover the longest route(行程)? A．CAAC B．Pan American C．British Airways D．Air Canada D In America, when people say“man’s best friend”they don’t mean another person. , Instead, they are talking about a lovely animal：A dog! These words show the friendship between people and animals. Dogs and other pets can give happiness to people’s lives. Some people think of their pets as their children. A few even leave all their money to their pets when they die! Animals can help people, too. Dogs can be taught to become the “eyes” a blind for person or “ears”for a deaf people. Scientists have found that pets help people live longer! They make people happier, too. Because of that, animals are brought into hospitals for “visit”. Americans hold “Be---Kind-to-Animals Week”in the first week of May. Pets shows are held during the week. Even if you don’t live in America, you, too, can do this. How? First, think about how animals make your life richer. If you have a pet, take more time this week to play with it. Remember to give it delicious food. Also, be sure to keep your pet from those unwanted babies. If you don’t have a pet, be kind to animals around you. For example, if you see a street dog, don’t kick(踢)it or throw things at it. Instead, just leave it alone, or beter yet, make friends with it. If others around you do bad things to an animal, try to shop them. As people, we must protect animals who can’t speak for themselves. 56. “ A few even leave all their money to their pets when they die! ” means that__________ A. pets have the right (权力) to inherit (继承) money. B. money can give pets happiness. C. it’s the best way to spend money.
D. some pets are taken as children. 57. Why are dogs brought to hospitals? A. Because they are ill and need to see doctors. B. Because they can make the patients happier. C. Because they can find out the problems of the patients. D. Because doctors can do experiments (实验) on them. 58. What’s the most popular activity in the “Be-Kind-to-Animals Week”? A. Holding a pet show in the week. whole week. C. Cooking delicious food for pets. people’s pets. 59. What’s the passage mainly about? A. A lot of people are interested in dogs. B. Dogs can help people do many things. C. Pets are lovely and need care and protection. D. We have done a lot of things for pets. 60. The words“ man’s best friends”shows____________. A. the friendship between people. B. the friendship between people and animals. C. the friendship between animals. D. the friendship between men and women IV. 单词拼写： 10 分） （ 61. After graduation, he became a __________ (律师). 62. Luckily for the people trapped in the fire, many firefighters came to their ___________（营救）in time. 63. It is very difficult to __________ (说服) my father to give up smoking. 64. __________ (质量) often matters more than quantity. 65. There was only two __________（幸存者）from the plane crash. 66. He was terribly __________（难过） over her illness. 67. He’s a shy man who cannot __________（交流）very well.
B. Playing with pets the
D. Making friends with other
68. What’s you're __________（态度） to this idea? 69. He is _________(遭受) from bad headache. 70. In my __________ (观点), it’s difficult for the government to control the prices of housing. V . 短文改错： 10 分） （ 据题要求在答题卡上改正所给短文中的错误。请根据上下文对标有题号的每一行作出判断; 如无错误，在该行右边横线上划一个勾（√）;如有错误（每行只有一个错误） ，刚按下列情 况改正; 此行多一个词：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉，在该行右边横线上写出该词，并用斜线 划掉。 此行缺一个词：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，在该行右边横线上写出应加的单词。 此行错一个词：在错词下划一道线，在该行右边横线上写出改正后的单词。 注意：原行没有错误的不要改。 I have learnt English for a long period, so I often make mistakes when speak the language. I wonder what will happen if I will meet with a native speaker . The English corner is the place which I can practice my speaking English. In a real situation, I can talk to others about whatever I want to say. In this way, I am sure I will speak English quite good very soon. What’s more, it offer a chance for me to make friends. I can meet kind of people. Gradually we come to know each other and to become friends. 81.____________ 82____________ 83.____________ 84._____ ______ 85._____________ 86._____________ 87. _____________ 88._____________ 89.______________ 90.____________
VIII. 书面表达： （10 分） 假定你是一名高中生， 一次一位外国朋友问你， 除了在学校学习英语之外还有什么其它途径 练习英语。请你根据提示用英语写出你参加“英语角” 的情况。提示：1、“英语角” 于两年前 成立，许多中学生参加，有时也有些大学生和外国友人来此。2、活动时间：每周六上午。 3、活动内容：练习英语口语，谈论大家共同感兴趣的事情，交流学习英语的经验等。4、 谈你参加此项活动的体会。
_____________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ __________________
参考答案 I: 1-5. DADBD 6-10. BDACB II: 21-30. BABAA 11-15. DCBAC 16-20. BCDBD
CAADB; 31-40.. BACCD DBCBD
III: 41-45 CBCDC 46-50 DDCCC 51-55CDABC 56-60 DB ACB IV: 61. lawyer 62. rescue 63. persuade 64. Quality 65. survivors 66.upset communicate VI 81.so→but 68. attitude 69.suffering 70. opinion 82.speak→speaking 或 I /\speak 83. 第二个 will 去掉 67.
84. which→where 或 in /\which 85. speaking →spoken 86. 正确 87. good→well 88. offer→offers VII.书面表达 I’m a senior student. I like English very much. Besides attending English lessons at school, I often go to the English corner in the park nears my home on Saturday morning. It was set up (formed) two years ago. Many high school students gather there. Sometimes, some college students and even foreign friends are present at the English corner. There, we practice our spoken English, talk about what we are interested in, exchange our experience in learning English and so on. I’ve learned a lot. I have greatly improved myself in English since I visited it. It is really a great help to me.
90. 第二个 to 去掉