Can you co
me to my party?
Section B 3a-4
What’s today？ It’s Thursday the 12th.
What was yesterday？It was … What’s tomorrow? What’s the day after tomorrow?
A: What are you going to do tomorrow? B: I’m going to…
A: What are you going to do the day after tomorrow? B: Well, I’m…
Plan a party!
Look at the invitation and find out who can come. A: Can you come to my picnic? B: When is it? A: Next week, on Saturday afternoon at 13:00. B: Yes, I’d love to. C: I’m sorry. I have to study for a math test… D: I’m sorry, too. I have to… Name
Great picnic !
Time: Sat, Oct 23, at 13:00pm
Place: Zhongshan park
Come and have fun!
Yes No reasons
A: Can your mother go to the concert? B: When is it? A: It’s on Saturday evening. B: Sure/ Yes/ Certainly, she’d love to. B: No, she can’t. She is doing housework. She has to babysit my sister. She has a party with her friends. your mother
concert Monday evening do housework babysit my sister have a party with her friends
they play football Sunday afternoon have an English test visit their teachers do homework
A: Can they play football with us? B: When is it? A: It’s on Sunday afternoon. B: Sure, they’d love to Yes, they can.
B: No, they can’t. They have an English test. They are visiting their teachers.
They have to do their homework.
3a. Read the e-mail and write.
A: What is Sonia going to do on…? Hi Henry, B: She is going to… Thank you for your invitation. I’m sorry I can’t visit you this week. I am really busy. This Sunday ? evening I’m going to my cousin’s birthday party cousin’s birthday party. And Monday tomorrow, I have to go to the Tuesday dentist dentist. (Yuck! ) On Wednesday, I have tennis training with the tennis training with Wednesday school team. And I have to the school team study for my chemistry test on study for the Thursday Thursday. On Friday evening, chemistry test I’m going to the movies with go to the movies Friday some friends. Can you come to with some friends the movies with us on Friday? Saturday ? Write soon. Sonia
Fill in the blanks in the e-mail message. Use “I’m + Verb+ ing ” or “I have to + Verb” .
Thanks a lot for the invitation. I’m sorry I can’t visit next week. go to the doctor On Monday , I have to ______________. On Tuesday, I’m _________________ going to the movieswith my friends. On Wednesday, I have to ______________ go fishing with my dad. On Thursday, I’m studying for _______________. And on Friday, ______________________ on an English test I’m going to Hangzhou my parents vacation with ____________. Please call me after the vacation. Tony
3c Write an e-mail message to a friend. Say why you can’t visit next week
Hi, Lucy, Thanks a lot for the invitation. I’m sorry I can’t visit next week. On Monday , I have to ……On Tuesday, I’m…….On Wednesday I…….On Thursday …… Please call me after the vacation. Sherry
Thank you for asking. Thank you for inviting me. Thank you for your invitation. Thanks a lot for the invitation. I’m sorry I can’t...
2. Imagine you are Marie. Read the invitations and look at your schedule. Write replies to the invitations.
go to the mall at 9:00 finish the geography project in the evening Marie, What are you doing on Saturday? Can you play tennis with me?
Marie, Can you come to my party on Monday at 7:00 pm? Julie Marie, Can you come over to my house on Wednesday evening to discuss the science report? I’m free till 10:00 pm. Dave
football match at 5:00 pm on TV
Wednesday piano lesson from
7:00 pm-8:00 pm
Thursday Friday Saturday
culture club at 4:00 pm movies with Sam in the evening fishing with grandpa the whole day
Read the short passage
? Hi Lydia， ? Thanks a lot for the invitation to visit you。I’m sorry I can’t visit next week。On Monday，I have to study for my science test.On Tuesday ，I’m going to the movie with my friends. On Wednesday ,I have to have a piano lesson.On Thursday , I’m going to my friend’s birthday party.On Friday,I have to go camping with my classmates.Please call me later. ? Write soon. Fill in the blanks on P84 ? Lily
study for a test come to the party the whole day another time soccer practice try to do write soon have a piano lesson
have to do this weekend a birthday party the day after tomorrow join sb. go to the concert culture club the day before yesterday
? ? ? ? ? ? Someone asks: "Would you like to...“ You: "I'd love to, thank you." "That's very kind of you, thanks." "It sounds great, thank you." "That will be lovely, thank you.“ Someone asks: "Do you like to go to the movie theater with us this afternoon?“ ? "What's great, thank you." ? "What a good idea, thank you."
? ? Making invitations发出邀请： ? "Do you have any plan next Friday night? We are having some friends over for a dinner party. Would you like to join us?“ ? "Are you free next Friday night? ? "Are you doing anything Friday night?“ ? "Would you be interested in coming to our house that night?“ ? "How do you like to join our party Friday night?“
"That's very kind of you, but actually I'm planning to see my mother next Saturday.” "Well, I'd love to, but I already told my girlfriend to stay at her place next weekend.“ "I'm really sorry, but I got to do something else on next weekend.“ "I really don't think I can make it - I am supposed to be at airport pick up my girl friend next Sunday morning." Remember: ? 当你拒绝他人的邀请时，要特别注意礼貌。通常你要给 个理由，说明为什么无法接受邀请。或者道歉。
Fill in the blanks with the words given, change the form of the word if necessary.
1. My American friend is going to _______ me next vacation. visit playing 2. Are you ________ football this weekend? have to 3. I can’t join you because I ________ help my mom on weekdays.
study 4. Please keep quiet! I’m trying to ________.
come 5. Do you want to _______ to my birthday party?
Fill in each blank with a word or a phrase from
the box and change the form where necessary. discuss come help babysit invite
come 1.Can you_______over to my house? I want to talk with you. help 2. Last Saturday my best friend_______me with my math. 3. My teacher wants to________the science report with discuss me. babysits 4. On weekends, she always _________her cousin’s baby. invite 5. He forgets to_______me to his birthday party.
nvitation abysit alendar tudying ried inish isited ad
Do you have the h abit of drinking milk everyday? Hamburgers and potato chips are j unk food. Because of his sore t hroat , he can’t speak loudly. Hard work makes a lot of people feel s tressed out. Every year, more and more foreigners come to China to study t raditional Chinese medicine. 6. It’s very important for us to eat a b alanced diet. 7. They didn’t stop talking u ntil the teacher came in the classroom. 8. Are you going to spend your summer v acation with you brother. 9. If you feel tired of your work, you can take a day off to go sightseeing . 10. How many kinds of t ransportation do you know? 11. In China, buses are the most popular m eans of transportation. 12. She’s going c amping for vacation. 13. He watches TV t wice a week. 14. Good food and exercise can help us to keep h ealthy . D 15. -do you surf the Internet? -- Once a week. A: How much B: How long C: How soon D: How often 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
1. Thanks for your i nvitation to visit next Monday. 2. Can you come o ver to my house to j oin our music club? 3. He is d iscussing the science report with his classmates. 4. He has piano l esson every Friday. 5. They are having a football m atch . 6. Can they go to the c oncert . 二、选择正确的词 1. Thank you for asking (ask/ asking), but I can’t go to the movies with you. 2. Paul has to study for (at/ for) the math test tonight. 3. My mother has too much (much/ many) homework to do. 4. Can you come to my party on (at/ on) Saturday night? 5. She invites me to watch (watch/ to watch) the basketball match the day after tomorrow. 6. I like playing the piano (piano/ the piano). 三、选择题 1. Can you play tennis with A on Saturday ? A: us B: we C: our D: ours
2. Henry C his homework this afternoon. A: have to do B: have to doing C: has to do D: has to doing 3. Tony is playing tennis D the school team. A: on B:in C: to D: with 4. Jim D play soccer with his friend this weekend, because he is very busy. A: can B:cans C: cann’t D: can’t B 5. ? -It’s October the 14th. A: When is today B: what’s today C: What time is today D: What day is today 6. He is D with his father the whole day. A: fish B: fishes C: to fish D: fishing 7. –Can you come to my party? C . A: Sure, I love B: Sure, I love to C: Sure, I’d love to D: Sure, I’d love.
16. C Homework, most students do homework everyday. A: About B: For as C: As for D: For 17. My mother B exercises. A: hard ever B: hardly ever C: ever hard D: ever hardly 18. We don’t know where to go for vacation and finally we D Hawaii. A: decide in B: decide to C: decide at D: decide on 19. – Where are we going for vacation, Daddy? -- It B the money we have, my dear. A: depends B: depends on C: according to D: decides on 20. The teacher starts the class B a song. A: to B: with C: on D: in 21. Stay B and then you will do your work better. A: health B: healthy C: healthily D: healthiness 22 --I have a bad cold. D -. A: Lie down and rest B: you’d better see a doctor C: I am sorry to hear that D: above all D 23.Are your lifestyle as mine? A: same B:as same C: so same D: the same
24. You are coughing a lot. You’d better C the medicine. A: to take B: taking C: take D: not to take B 25. -do you live from school? -- It’s ten minutes’ drive. A: How long B: How far C: How fast D: How soon 26. It’ll C you about half an hour to finish the work. A: spend C: get C: take D: bring 27. In North America, most students go to school B the school bus. A: take B: on C:in D: by 28. – How do you arrive here? A -- You see, I’m just . It’s not far. A: on foot B: walk C: on feet D: walking by foot 29. – Is it far from your house? -- Oh, yes, C . A: two hour’s drive B: two hours drive C: two hours’ drive D: two hours’ driving 30. I can’t help you cheat in the exam, D we are best friends. A: because B: if C: so D: although
四、按要求转换句型。 1. He’s playing tennis on Sunday afternoon.(对划线部分提问） What is he doing on Sunday afternoon? 2. The movie begins at six o’clock.(对划线部分提问） What time does the movie begin ? 3. Mary can come to the party.(改为否定句） Mary can’t come to the party. 4. He has to study.(改为一般疑问句） Does he have to study? 5. Can you go to the mall this week?(做出肯定回答） to . Sure, I’d love
ovies A: Hey, Xiao Wang, can you go to the m_______ on Saturday? orry B: I’m s______, I can’t. I have too much h_______ this omework eeling weekend. And I’m not f_ ____ well today. atter A: That’s too bad. What’s the m_______? B: I’m not sure. Maybe I have a c______, as I’m feeling a little old cold. octor A: I think you’d b_____ go to the d_______. etter hink B: I also t______ so. A: Maybe I’m asking you to come another time. B: Sure. T______ for asking. hanks
1.Make a holiday schedule（日程表） like this :
Sun. Mon. Oct1st 2nd free Clean the house Tue. 3rd read Wed. 4th Visit my uncle Thur. 5th Fri. 6th Sat. 7th
study Watch Play basketb- for a TV test all
2.Then ask your friends to go with you for some activities (活动）.
Write an e-mail message to a friend. Say why
you can’t come to the picnic next week.
Great picnic ! Time: Sat, Oct 23, at 13:00 pm
Place: Zhongshan park
Come and have fun!
Hi Tim, __________ __________ Ann
Class is over!