PART A. Reading Aloud In this part, you are required to watch a video clip and read after the speaker in the video.
There are many s
treams that begin far deeper into the mountains. And all of them have a long journey ahead, before finally becoming part of the Ganges far below. And at these lower altitudes, spring has already arrived. As spring creeps up into the mountains, temples and villages abandoned for the winter start to thaw. And so does the Ganges.
PART B. Role Play In this part, you are required to act as a role and complete three communicative tasks: listen to a speaker, ask the speaker three questions and then answer five questions.
情景介绍： 角色：你是 Jay。 任务：(1) 你和同学 Tina 讨论有关休闲度假的事情； (2) 根据谈话内容回答问题。 生词： The Eiffel Tower fountain Louvre Museum （埃菲尔铁塔） (喷泉) (卢浮宫)
M: Welcome back. How was your vacation? W: It was great. But I am glad to be back. Being a tourist is really tiring.
第 1 页 共 4 页
M: Why did you go to Paris? W: Because my cousin got married with a Frenchman. And they held the wedding party in Paris. They invited me and my family. So we went there for a four-day holiday. M: I always want to go to Paris. The Eiffel Tower is one of the most famous towers in the world. Did you go to that top? W: That was the first thing we did. I have a few pictures. Do you want to see them? M: Sure. Er… What’s this picture of? W: Oh, that’s a picture of me on our second day of travelling. I’m standing next to the famous fountain in the center of the city.
3 Questions to ask: (W)
1. 你参观了哪些地方呢？ We’ve been to several places. But I want to mention one of them. You can’t go to Paris without going to the Louvre Museum. I was surprised of how big the museum is.
2. 你为什么看起来不高兴呢？ I was sick of sightseeing. I spent almost three days on visiting museums, fountains, statues and various palaces.
3. 你累的时候做了什么呢？ I spent one afternoon walking around the free market. In there, I had some coffees and watched the movie. At last, I enjoyed the relaxation in the pool of the hotel.
1. What places did you (visit)|(go)? What places have you visited?
第 2 页 共 4 页
2. Why did you look unhappy? What was the reason that you looked unhappy? 3. What did you do when you (felt)|(were) tired?
5 Questions to answer:
1. What did the girl feel about her vacation? 2. How long did the girl spend in Paris? 3. Where is the famous fountain in Paris? 4. What surprises the girl most in Paris? 5. What did the girl do in the free market?
1. (She)|(The girl) felt tired [about her vacation]. 2. (She)|(The girl) spent four days in Paris. Four days. 3. (It)|(The fountain) is in the center of the city. In the center of the city. 4. (She)|(The girl) was surprised of how big the Louvre Museum is. 5. (She)|(The girl) had some coffees and watched the movie.
PART C. Retelling In this part, you are required to listen to a monologue and then retell what you have heard in your own words.
故事梗概：Bob 回到学校时候天色已晚，校门也关闭了。幸运的是，他躲进了校 长的办公室，以为没人发觉。谁知，事情出乎他的意料。
第 3 页 共 4 页
school headmaster jump lay find
(学校) (校长) (跳) (lie 的过去式，躺) (发现)
Bob often breaks school rules. One afternoon, he walked to the town and went to the cinema. But he must return to the school at six. It’s one of the school rules. However, it was after eight o’clock when he arrived at school. He was a little worried. He ran quickly to the gate. It was closed. He went around the school building to another door. That one was closed, too. Then he saw an open window on the ground floor. It was the headmaster ’s office. Bob looked into the room, but no one was there. He quickly climbed on and jumped into the room. Just then he heard a sound. He looked round and stayed under the sofa. Then, Mr. Scott, the headmaster came in. He turned on the light and sat down on the sofa. He began to read. Bob lay under the sofa and looked at the headmaster ’s feet for an hour. He could not move. Then the headmaster stood up and walked toward the door. “Thank goodness. He didn’t find me under the sofa.” Bob thought. “Would you turn off the light when you leave? ” the headmaster said and left the office.
One afternoon, Bob returned to the school late. The school gate was closed. But he saw an open window of the headmaster ’s office. Bob found no one was there, so he quickly jumped into the room. Just then the headmaster came in. Bob lay under the sofa for an hour. At last, the headmaster left the office and said, “Please turn off the light before leaving.” At that moment, Bob realized that the headmaster had already found him.
第 4 页 共 4 页