Would you mind turning down the music?
What annoys you in your daily life? What do you do? I usually say… I get annoyed when…
a bad haircut
play the music to
My pen doesn’t work
My friend doesn’t return my eraser someone cuts in line
What annoys you?
What do you do?
#* & # !!
throw the trash everywhere
My friend is late
I don’t like waiting in line when a shop assistant has a long telephone conversation. When that happens, I usually say, “Would you mind helping me?”
When this What annoys happens, what the girl ? does she usually do?
When this What annoys happens, what the she doesgirl? usually do?
And I don’t like it when shop assistants follow me around. Then I say, “Could you please not follow me around? I’ll ask you if I need some help.” Usually the shop assistants say they are sorry, but sometimes they get mad. If that happens, I won’t go back to that store again.
When this happens, What annoys what does he the boy ? usually do?
I get annoyed when someone talks to me while I’m reading. This happens to me all the time in the school library. When it happens, I usually talk to the person because I want to be polite. But because I’m polite, people don’t know I’m annoyed. So they do the same thing again. Perhaps in the future I should try not to be so polite.
1.无法忍受…… can’t stand 9.一直 all the time
2.排队等候 wait in line
cut in line
10.是礼貌的 be polite
try not to do sth.
4.打一个长电话 have a long
Would you mind (not) doing sth. ?
follow sb. around
need some help
Could you please (not) do sth.?
get mad/ annoyed/ angry
8.某人发生某事 sth. happen to sb.
when my students don’t finish their homework I get annoyed _______________________________________.
would you mind finishing When it happens, I usually say,“ ______________________________
________________” your homework? Mrs Green gets annoyed when her son copies others’ homework. ____________________________________ (当她的儿子抄别人的作业时）
would you mind not copying When it happens, she usually says,“ __________________________ others’ homework? _____________________________” his son doesn’t listen to him Mr Black gets annoyed _____________________________________.
would you mind listening When it happens, he usually says,“ ____________________________
_________________” to me?
when Lily sings in the dormitory. I get annoyed _____________________________________.
When it happens , I usually say, “____________________ Lily, would you mind not singing in the dormitory? _________________________________”
when Ben plays football in the Mary gets annoyed __________________________________ ____________(当Ben在教室里踢足球时） classroom.
When it happens, she usually says, “____________________ Ben, would you mind not playing football in the classroom? _____________________________________”
Look at the pictures. Imagine you are the people in the pictures. Complete the sentences.
stand in the subway door
I get annoyed when someone stands in the subway door. When this happens, I___________________________ usually say “Would you mind not ___________________________________________ . stand here…?” or “Could you please not stand here?”
wait in line
Cut in line
I get annoyed when people cut in line.
When it happens, I__________________________ usually say, “would you mind __________________________________________ waiting in line” or“ could you please not cut in line”
Find out some of the things that annoys your classmates and fill the chart. What is the most common problem? What do different students do for them?
Lin Zheng Classmates don’t return my eraser
A: What annoys you, Lin Zheng? B: I get annoyed when my classmates borrow my eraser and don’t return it. A: What do you do? B: I say, “Would you mind returning my eraser?” Lin Zheng gets annoyed when his classmates don’t return his eraser….
1. Fill in the blanks with the words given.
mind wait follow order turn down 1. I’m trying to sleep. Could you __________ the turn down music, please? 2. I’m going to be a bit late. Could you ask the bus driver to _______ for five minutes? wait 3. Would you _______ closing the door? It’s cold mind outside. 4. I don’t know the way to the sports club. Can I follow ______ you? ordered 5. Sorry, I ________ my food half an hour ago and it hasn’t arrived yet.
Find out three things and Mrs Dear Mrthat are bad.
Welcome to our neighborhood. You must be excited to be play the music in a new house. play soccer However, would you loud in the room mind not ---?
talk on the phone too loud
Ⅰ. 完成句子, 每空一词
1. 不要在床上看书, 这对你的眼睛有害。 Don’t read in bed. ______ bad ______ your eyes. It’s for 2. 胡先生每天花半小时吃午饭。 It ______ Mr. Hu half an hour ______ have lunch takes to every day. 3. 如果你努力一些, 你就取得更好的成绩。 get better grades If you work harder, you'll ________________ 4. 我想睡觉, 你能把音乐声关小吗？ I want to sleep, ________ you __________ could turn down the music, please?
1. I __________(ran out of/run out of) money. ran out of closing 2. Would you mind _______(close/closing) the door? 3. Could you __________ (turning down/turn down) turn down the music,please? 4. His hobby is collecting old ______ (coins/cousins). coins listening to 5. How long have you been ____________(watching/ listening to)music videos?
6.The more Leo learns about Chinese, the ______ more (more/most) he enjoys himself in China. 7. —Would you mind keeping your voice down? Sorry —______.(OK,I’ ll do/Sorry) not standing very close to me 8.Would you mind ____________________________ (not very close to me/not standing very close to me)? close 9.It’s so cold.Could you ______(closing/close) the door?
ordered 10. I ________(asked/ordered) a hamburger for my
friend. But the clerk gave me French fries.
1.Would you mind turning ______ _____ ______ _______ down the stereo (把音响声音关小点)？ come here give 2. If you ______ ______(来这里), I’ ll ______ you a surprise ________(给你个惊喜). growing _________(种蔬菜)in the garden, 3.While I was ________ vegetables came visit one of my old friends______ to ______me(来访). 4.The reporter said we ______ _____ ____ ______ would win the match (将赢得这场比赛). 5.Would you mind _____ _______ _____ _____ not talking to me (不要对我讲话)？
1. ________ you mind ______ me the way ? B A.Would;to tell B.Would;telling C.Will;tell D.Will;to tell 2. —Would you mind if I smoke? B —__________. A.Yes, please do B.Not at all C.All right D.That’s OK B 3. I’ll do it _________. A.just now B.right away C.after a few minute D.just then D 4. I’ll be ready _________ a minute. A.on B.at C.for D.in
5. He is _______ a meeting. C A.have B.has C.at D.on 6. — Can you get me a ticket for the match? — __________. B A.Sorry, no problem B.Certainly, no problem C.Excuse me, I can’t D.Certainly, not problem B 7.The watch was________well. A.work B.working C.doing D.playing A 8.The passengers were _______ in line to get on the train. A.waiting B.cross C.in D.going
9.Your questions ________ me very much. C B.vex C.annoy A 10.Sports are ________ for health. A.good A.bother D.irritate
B.well C.better D.best B 11.The girl was ______ when the ______ thing happened. A.annoying ,annoyed C.annoyed, annoyed A.anger C.angry B.annoyed ,annoying D.annoying, annoying B.angrily D.the anger
12.The master got _________ with your answer. C