I. 请选出正确的答案： 1. “You’ve already got well， haven’t you？” she asked. →She asked ________. A. if I have already got well， hadn’t you C. have I already got well B. whether I had already got well
D. had I already got well.
2. He asked ， “ Are you a Party member or a League member？”→He asked me _________. A. am I a Party member or a League member C. if I was a Party member or a League member B. was I a Party member or a League member D. whether was I a Party member or a League member.
3. He asked， “How are you getting along？” →He asked _______. A. how am I getting along B. how are you getting along C. how I was getting along D. how was I getting along 4. He asked me ________ with me. A. what the matter is B. what the mater was C. what’s the matter D. what was the matter 5. He said， “Don’t do that again.” He _____ me _______ that again. A. said to me； not to do B. said to me； don’t do C. told me； don’t do D. told me； not to do 6. Can you make sure ___________？ A. that he will come here today B. when he will come here today 7. Do you happen to know ________？ A. where is her address B. in which place is her address C. what her address is D. the place her address is 8. Excuse me， but can you tell me ___________？ A. where can I get to the library C. how can I get to the library B. where I can get to the library D. how I can get to the library C. will he come here today D. whether will he come here today
9. John asked me _______ to visit his uncle’s farm with him. A. how would I like B. if or not would I like C. whether I would like D. which I would like 10. I’d like to know ________ Chinese. A. when he began to learn B. when did he begin to learn C. when did he begin learning D. for how long he began to learn II. 将下列句子变为间接引语： 1. “You should be more careful next time，” his father said to him. 2. Mr. Wang said， “I will leave for Shanghai on business next month ， children” 3. “I haven’t heard from my parents these days，” said Mary. 4. The geography teacher said to us， “The moon moves around the earth and the earth goes round the sun.” 5. She said to him， “It’s time that you left here.” 6. Zhang Hong said to me， “Doctor Wang passed away in 1948.” 7. John said to his parents， “I had learned 500 Chinese words by the end of last term.” 8. The history teacher said to them， “The Chinese Communist Party was founded on July 1st ，1921.” 9. He said， “Are you a student？” 10. “Have you anything interesting I can read， George？” she said. 11. “She’s here to ask for help， isn’t she？” he asked. 12. “Where are you going？” the father asked his son. 13. “Are you sorry for what you have done？” the mother asked the naughty boy.
14. She said， “Did you meet this man at the station two hours ago， Mr. Li？” 15. “Write your names on your papers first，” the teacher said to us. 16. “Please come here again tomorrow，” her friend said to her. 17. “Let me pack the parcel for you，” he said. 18. “Don’t make so much noise in class， boys and girls，” said the teacher. 19. “What a lovely day it is！” 20. “Happy New Year to you！” he said. III. 把下列句子变为直接引语： 1. I told him that I had lost my money and that I would find it.
2. She asked whether I would be free the next day or not.
3. I asked her where she was going and what she was going to do the next day.
4. His father told him not to climb that high tree in his new coat.
5. The stranger asked me what my name was.
6. She said that she would finish her work the next day.
7. The teacher asked if we could do it.
8. The commander ordered his men not to cross the river before dawn.
9. My teacher asked whether he was coming.
10. The scientist asked me what I was doing. 1. We should keep in mind that there’s usually ______ one way to solve the same problem. A. less than B. rather than C. more or less D. more than
2.---- Do you need any help, Lucy? ---- Yes. The job is ___ I could do myself. A. less than B. more than C. no more than D. not more than
3.----Did you take enough money with you? ---- No, I needed ____ I thought I would. A. not so much as B. as much as C. much more than A. out of D. much less than B. because of C. thanks to D. according to
4. You should not look down upon a man ____ his poverty.
5. ______ being late for the conference,the secretary was dismissed from the company. A. Because B. As for C. In case of D. Because of A. came up B. raised C.were risen D. asked
6. Many questions_____ at the meeting, but he answered none.
7. It’s already 10 o’clock.I wonder how it _____ that she was two hours late on such a short trip. A. came over B. came out C. came about D. came up
8. A lot of new solutions to the problem ______ at the meeting on Wednesday, which are still waiting to be decided on by the manager. A. came on B. came out C. came up D. came back
9. ________ students in our school has grown from 1000 to more than 1500 in recent years.
A. The number of
B. A number of
C. A good deal of
D. A lot of
10.----Hello! Is Mr John in the office? ----Yes. But I’m sorry . He is busy ______ and can’t speak to you. A. at once B. at present C. at the end D. at first
11.______ today ______ sure to be praised. A. The present comrades; are B. Those present; is C. Those present ; are D. Present those ; is C. closed D. closing
12.It was raining heavily. Little Mary felt cold, so she stood ______ to her mother. A. close B. closely 13.You should try to get a good night’s sleep, ______ much work you have to do. A. however 14.You have not told us your opinion. You can ______, make it clear now. 15.What you said ____ a good idea. I think it is practical. A. smells like A. but B. and
B. no matter C. although D. whatever C. however D. or
B. feels like
C. sounds like
D. looks like
16.By the end of last year, another new gymnasium______ in Beijing. A. would be completed B. was being completed C.has been completed D. had been completed A. by B. in C. at D. to
17.We made five different plans for the holiday, but _________ the end we had a summer cap again.
18.Good use that the villagers have been ______ the water resource has brought them a large income. A. making of B. putting into C. turning on D.providing with B. take C. make of D. take of
19.The use you _____time is really practical.
20.His grandparents are not used to the city life _____ used to live in a different country life. A. of which B. from which C. in which D. to which B. since C.whether D. until 21.We won’t give up _____we should fail 10 times. A. even if
22.She understood what I was talking about, _____it was the first time we had spoken together. A. whether B. even though C. as though D. since A. as if B. now that C. even though D.so that
23.Many of them turned a deaf ear to his advice,_____they knew it to be valuable.
24.----I haven’t heard from Henry for a long time. ----What do you suppose _____ to him? A. was happening B. to happen C. has happened D. had happened B. who do you think D. over C. since D. in C. whoever D. who you think
25.Since you have seen both fighters ,_______ will win? A. do you think who 26.They had a pleasant chat ____ a cup of coffee. A. for B. with
C. during A. over
27.Great changes have taken place in the village ______ the years.
28.----What are you mailing,Ryan?-----A textbook _____ a new method of teaching physics.I want my friends to take a look at it. A. is based on B. based on C. basing upon D. which based upon
29.Mrs White showed her children some old picture books _____ from her neighbor. A. to borrow B. to be borrow C. borrowed D. borrowing B. blown down A.was C.blowing down C. is D. to blow down
30.The trees____ in the storm have been moved off the road. A. being blown down 31.They did a very good job. More than one student ______ praised by the teacher.
32.The Great Wall winds its way ____ mountains____ valleys and _____ deserts to the east. A. over; in ;through B. over; through ; across C. on ;in ; across D. in; in ;through B. smells like C. feels like D. sounds like 33.What he suggested ______ a good suggestion. Let’s put it into practice. A. looks like
34.It was raining hard at that time. ____ , we had to leave as soon as possible. A. However B. Until 35.The number of people invited _____fifty, but a number of them ______absent for different reasons. A. were; was B. was; was C. was ; were D. were; were B. present D. buy C. offer 36.Children are usually mean. _____ they take much , they won ’t give. A. give 37.He promised to ____ me with a beautiful gift. A. give B. present
38.The difference _____ this book _____that one lies in their size.
A. in; of
B. of ; from C. of ;of
D. in ; from
39.When Li Ming got to America, he found his English was quite different _____he had learned in China. A. from which B. of that C. from what D . from the one B. keep up C. catch up D. because D. was come up
40.The teacher asked an easy questions, but not a proper answer ______. A. came up 41.Her face went red ____ he had said. A. because that B. because what
C. because of what
42.There were so many people in the street watching the fire that the fire fighters could not get ___ to the building on fire as soon as possible. A. closely B. close C. around D. in A. be made of B. be made from C. be made up D. be made in
43.We should what use can _____ such a material.
44.Many students believe the choice of theirs courses and universities should _____ their own interest. A. be based on B. base on C. be basing on D. be made in
45.Rubbish ______ light after this kind of new machine is invenred. A. will be made use of giving B. will make use of to give C. will be used of to give D. will be made use of to give
46.Some children are tired of learning because they are _______ to do better than they can in school. A. invited B. allowed C. expected D. hoped
47.---Why are you here at the telephone box? -----I ______ a phone call back from a friend. A. am expecting B. am waiting C. am waiting for D. am expecting for C. to show D. should show
48.Passengers are requested ______ their passports before they get on the plane. A. show B. showing
49.The old pianist wouldn’t listento our repeated request that he ___ in public again. A. play B. played C. would play D. was going to play 50.What ____Japanese he_____! A. good command; is at B. a good command ; has C. good commands ; has D. good commands ; is at
51.In the army, it is commanded that orders ______ without condition. A. be obeyed B. should obeyed C.are obeyed D. could be obeyed 52.It was very polite _____ him to give his seat on the bus to the old man. A. for B. of C. with 53.You accepted my offer just to be ______, didn’t you? A. noble B. gentle C. polite D. kind C. rather than D. other than D. by
54.Lily as well as her classmates ______basketball at the moment. A. as well as 55.He is a worker , and a poet _______. A. as well as 56.You ______ just as well as me the truth. A. should B. as well B. must
B. as well
C. rather than C. may
D. other than
D. need B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to
57.The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his mother told him______. A. not to
58.Li Hua said, “Let’s go to the cinema this afternoon.”→ ① Li Hua suggested that they ____ to the cinema that afternoon. → ② Li Hua suggested them ______ to the cinema that afternoon. A. go B. went C. to go D. going
59.The manager told her ______ to post the letters by 3:00 in the afternoon. A. do remember B. be sure to remember D. mustn’t C. to remember D. remembering
60.My English teacher advised I ______ keep my mouth shut to improve my spoken English. A. to B. not to C. not