英语一轮精品复习学案：Unit1《Women of achievement》 （新人教版必修 4） 【高考新动向】
【考纲全景透析】 【重点单词】 1 behave vt. & vi 举动；举止；行为表现
① I want you to behave yourself while I’m away.当我离去时，我想让你举止得体。
② She has been behaving rather oddly. 她一直表现得颇为古怪。 ③ I;m sorry about what I did last night – I behaved like a child. 对不起，我昨天晚上表现 得太幼稚。
第 1 页 共 1 页
2. observe vt. 观察；观测；遵守 observation n.[u] 观察；观测；监视 [重点用法] observe sb. do sth. 观察某人做某事(已做完) observe sb. doing sth. 观察某人正在做某事 under observation 被监视 1). The police observed the man entering/enter the bank. 警方监视着那男子进入银行的情 况。 2). The woman was observed to follow him closely. 有人看到那女子紧跟着他。 类似用法的动词还有：see watch，hear，notice 【即境活用】 The patients were _______ over a period of several weeks. A. watched B. noticed C. observed D. stared at 【解析】C 考查 observe 观察（某一行为或现象）watch 观看，注意，留心看（活动，娱乐 节目，事件）等 notice 是指无意识的注意到 stare at 是指凝视，盯住 3. respect vt.&n.尊敬；尊重；敬意 (1) vt 尊敬，重视 We all should respect our parents and teachers.我们都应该尊敬我们的父母和老师 He was respected for his bravery.他因为勇敢受人尊敬 （2）n 尊敬，重视，方面 Mr Smith always show respect to his children’s opinions.史密斯先生总是很尊敬孩子们的意 见 In respect to the content, the article is very good, but it is not satisfactory in other aspects. 就内容而言，这篇文章很好。但在其他方面还不能令人满意 【拓展延伸】 respectable adj 可敬的，值得尊敬的 respectful 尊敬他人的 respected 被尊敬的 respective 各自的，分别的 respect sb. for sth. 因某事而尊敬某人 have / show respect for sb./sth. 尊敬某人/事 gain/get/earn/win the respect of sb. 赢得某人的尊敬 out of respect 出于尊敬 【即境活用】 He drove them both to their ________homes. A．respectable B. respectful C. respective D. respected 【解析】 C 考查词义辨析。 4. argue vt.&vi. 讨论；辩论；争论 argument n.[c]争论；争辩；争吵
第 2 页 共 2 页
argue for (sb./sth.)为(某人/某事)而辩护 argue against (sb./sth.) 反对某人/某事)而辩护 argue with sb. ( about/over sth.) 与某人(为某事)而争吵 argue that... 主张…… argue sb. into/out of doing sth. 通过争论使某人做/不做某事 have an argument about/over sth. 辩论某事 1). Don’ t argue with your mother. 不要和母亲争辩。 2). I argued that we needed a larger office. 我据理力争我们需要大些的办公室。 【即境活用】根据句子的要求在括号里填入适当的介词或翻译。 1). We ______ ______ ______ ______ (说服她加入) us. 2). We argued _______ the waiter _______ the price ______ the meal. Keys: 1). argued her into joining 2). with; about; of 5. support vt.&n. 支持；拥护；支撑；赡养；给予帮助﹑ 同情等的人 [重点用法] support sb./ a family 支持某人/ 赡养家庭 support sb. in (doing) sth. 在 （做）某事方面支持某人 support sb. by (doing) sth. 通过做某事支持某人 in support of sb/sth 支持或支援某人/事物 support oneself 自力更生 give support to sb. 支持、支援某人 1). Is this bridge strong enough to support heavy lorries? 这座桥禁得住重型卡车通行吗? 2). He was weak with hunger, so I had to support him. 他饿得没有力气, 我得搀着他。 【即境活用】根据句子的要求在括号里填入适当的词或翻译。 1). Will you support me _______ (介词) my campaign for election? 2). Jim was a great support _______ (介词) them when their father died. 3). 我求学期间由父母供养。____________________________________ Keys: 1). in 2). to 3). I was supported by my parents when I was studying. 6. intend vt. 计划；打算
① Do you intend making/to make a long stay here? 你打算在这里长待吗？ ② This gife is intended for you . 这件礼物是特地给你买的。 ③ I intended to have gone to Beijing,but I didn’t get the ticket.我本来是打算去北京的，但我 没有买到票。
第 3 页 共 3 页
7. deliver vt.接生(小孩)，递送，发表(演说) delivery n. 投递 deliverer 递送者，交货人 [重点用法] deliver sth. （to sb.）投递/传送某物（给某人） deliver a speech 发表演说 deliver a baby 接生小孩；生小孩 deliver sth. to ...... 把某物送到…… express delivery 快递 on delivery 送达时，货到时 1). The baby was delivered in a clinic. 孩子是在一个医疗站接生的。 2). Comrade Yang delivered the opening speech. 杨同志致开幕词。
【重点短语】 1. live/lead a... life 过着……的生活 [短语归纳] ―v. + 同源宾语‖结构： smile a... smile 露出……微笑 dream a... dream 做了个……的梦 sleep a... sleep 睡个……觉 sing a... song 唱……的歌 die a... death ……怎样地死去 fight a... battle 打……的仗 laugh a... laugh 发出……方式的笑声 【即境活用】根据句子的要求在括号里填入适当的词或翻译。 1). We are living happily. = We are living _______ _______ _______. 2). _______ _______ _______ _______ (多么艰辛的生活) they lived! 3). I _______ _______ _______ _______ (做了个美梦) last night. Keys: 1). living a happy life 2). What a hard life 3). dreamed/had a beautiful dream 2. look down upon/ on 轻视，看不起 In the old days, women were looked down upon.. 【拓展延伸】 Look forward to 盼望，期待 look up to (反义词) 敬仰，尊重
第 4 页 共 4 页
look into 调查，了解 look out 当心，小心 look on/upon ?as ? 把?看作? look through 浏览 ，审查
look up 抬头看，查阅 look on 旁观 look back on 回首
3. refer to 提到，说到，参考，参阅
① You may refer to your notes if you want.如果需要你可以查笔记。 ② My doctor referred me to a specialist.我的医生让我去找一位专家诊断。 ③ Did you hear all the nasty references to me that Janet kept making? 你听到珍妮特一直在讲我的坏话吗？ ④ I am writing with reference to your job application.我正在写信回复您关于申请工作一事。
第 5 页 共 5 页
4. come across（偶然）遇到，发现 I came across my English teacher on may way home. 在回家的路上，我偶然碰到了我的英语老师 【拓展延伸】 come up with 想到，提出 come about 发生 come off 脱落 come out 出版，出现 come over 越过，来到 come into being 形成，产生 come back 回来 come on 开始，进步，快点 【即境活用】 Tom __________ a secret garden beside his school. A. came along B. came about C. came over D. came across 【解析】D 考查动词短语意思辨析 5. carry on 继续；坚持 [短语归纳] carry 短语： carry on (doing sth/with sth.) 继续(做)某事 carry out 贯彻，执行 carry out a plan/orders/instructions 执行计划/命令/指示 carry about 随身携带 carry sth through 成功地完成某事物 carry away 运走, 使失去自制力 1). Carry on (working/with your work) while I'm away. 我不在的时候, 要继续做工作。 2). They decided to carry on in spite of the weather. 他们决定不管天气好坏都坚持。 【即境活用】 根据句子的要求在括号里填入适当的词或 carry 短语。 1). They decided to _______ _______ in spite of the weather. 2). Extensive tests have _______ _______ _______ on the patient. 3). It is a difficult job but she’ s the person to carry it _______. 4). Don’ t blame me. I’ m only _______ _______ my orders. Keys: 1). carry on 2). been carried out on 3). through 4). carrying out 【重点句型】 Only after her mother came to help her for the first few months was she allowed to begin hei project . 她母亲头几个月来帮她的忙，这才使她得以开始自己的计划。
① Only then did I realize the importance of communication.只有到那时我才意识到交流的重
第 6 页 共 6 页
要性。 ② Only in this way can we improve our English.只有以这种方法，我们才能提高英语水平。 ③ Only after you have reached eighteen can you join the army.只有当你年满十八周岁后， 你才能参军。 ④ Only he can answer the question.只有他能回答这个问题
【热点难点全析】 主谓一致 主谓一致是一种常见的语法现象，它指的是谓语动词在人称和数上必须与主语保持一致。其 用法较为复杂 主谓一致依据语法一致、意义一致和就近一致三条原则兹简述如下 一、名词作主语时的主谓一致 1.集体名词作主语若强调整体，谓语动词用单数，若突出个体，谓语动词为复数。常见的这类 名词有 committee, family, group, class, army, enemy 等例如： My family has moved into the new house. 我家已搬进了新房子 My family enjoy sports. 我全家人都喜欢运动 [拓展延伸] people, police, youth, cattle 等作主语，谓语动词常用复数如： The police have caught the thieves. 警察捉住了盗贼 2.单复数同形的名词作主语，谓语动词可为单数，亦可为复数，视其意义而定。如: works（工厂） ，means（方法） ，作主语也有类似用法如： Every means has been tried. 每一种方法都试过了 All means have been tried. 所有的方法都试过了 3.表示时间、金钱、距离、重量等度量衡的词语作主语，通常被看作一个整体，谓语动词用 单数。例如：One hundred li/kilometers was covered on a single night. 一夜走了一百里路 Five yuan is enough. 五元钱就够了 二、并列主语的主谓一致 1.and 连接并列主语，谓语动词通常用复数形式，但在下列情况下用单数： ①and 连接的并列主语指的是同一个人、同一事物或同一概念例如： The English teacher and headteacher is a young man.英语老师兼班主任是位年轻人 ②and 连接的并列名词有 each， every， no 或 many a 等修饰语时，谓语动词用单数例如： In our country every boy and every girl has the right to receive education. 在我们国家每一个男女孩子都有受教育的权利 No teacher and no student was present at the party.老师和学生都没有参加晚会 2.由 or，either…or…， neither…nor…， not only…also…，not…but… 等连接并列主语时， 遵循就近原则，即谓语动词应与最靠近它的主语一致。例如：
第 7 页 共 7 页
Either he or I am wrong. 不是他错了就是我错了 Not only the students but also the teacher is active in sports and games. 不但学生就连老师也积极参加体育运动 3.两个主语由 as well as ,rather than, but, together with, along with, , with, except, besides 等 连接时，谓语动词的数与最前面的主语保持一致例如： The teacher as well as the students has seen the film.老师和学生都看过这部电影 Nobody but Xiao Wang and Xiao Li was here. 只有小王和小李在这儿 I as well as they am to ready to help you. 不仅他们，我也愿帮助你 三、名词化形容词作主语时的主谓一致 “the + adj.”表示一类人时，谓语动词用复数。常见的这类词有：the poor, the rich, the sick, the dead, the young, the wise, the deaf, the blind, the learned, the wounded, the aged, the killed, the living, the dying, the English, the French, the Chinese 等。例如： The young are required to respect the old. 年轻人应该尊敬老年人。 The injured have been taken to hospital. 伤员已经被送往医院 四、不定式、动名词和名词从句作主语 不定式、动名词和句子作主语时，谓语动词用单数。例如： To become doctors is their ambition. 当医生是他们的志愿。 Reading without comprehension is no good. 读书而不理解是不行的。 When and where this took place is still unknown. 这件事何时何地发生尚不知晓。 【拓展延伸】 在 what 引导的主语从句中，如果表语为复数形式，谓语动词也要用复数。例如： What the children need are interesting books. 孩子们需要有趣的书 五、倒装句中的主谓一致 倒装句中的谓语动词与后面的主语一致。例如： In the centre of Tian’an Men Square stands the Chairman Mao’s Memorial Hall.毛主席纪念 馆位于天安门广场中心 Here comes the bus.车来了 Here you are.给你！ [拓展延伸] here 或 there 引导的句子有两个以上主语时，遵循就近原则如： Here are some pens and paper for you. 这是给你的钢笔和纸张。 【语法专练】 1. ______ of the land in my hometown ______ covered with trees and grass. A. Two third; is B. Two third; are C. Two thirds; is D. Two thirds; are 2. With more forests being destroyed, huge quantities of good earth _____ each year. A. is washing away B. is being washed away C. are washing away D. are being washed away 3.The police _____ searching for a tall dark man with a beard. Till now more than one person _____ suspected. A. is; is B. is; are C. are; is D. are; are 4. What I want ________ an interesting book while what he expects ________ two cups of coffee. A. is; is B. are; is C. is; are D. are; are 5. More than one ____ the people heart and soul. A. official has served B. officials have served C. official has served for D. officials have served for
第 8 页 共 8 页
答案：1~5 CDCCA 【高考零距离】 1、 （2012· 湖北卷· 29） It is important to have your eyes examined regularly to check for any sign of eye disease that may not have any ________. A. symptom B. similarity C. sample D. shadow 【解析】选 A 考查名词辨析。难度中等。句意为：定期检查眼睛看看是否有眼疾症状很重要。 A 项意为“症状” ，符合句意；B 项意为“类似” 项意为“样本” 项意为“阴影” ，C ，D ，都与 语意不符。 2、 2012· （ 江西卷· --Look! Somebody ____the sofa. 26） A． cleaning B． is was cleaning --Well, it wasn’t me. I didn’t do it. C．has cleaned D．had cleaned 【解析】选 C。考查时态。 句意为‖看,有人已经打扫了沙发.是的,不是我,我没有做.过去发生 的动作对现在造成的影响用现在完成时. 3.（2011?湖南卷? T26）One-third of the country _____ covered with trees and the majority of the citizens ______ black people. A. is; are B. is; is C. are; are D. are; is 【解析】选 A。考查主谓一致。句意：这个国家有三分之一的面积被森林覆盖，并且大多数公 民是黑人。―分数词+of+名(代)词‖作主语，谓语动词的单复数取决于该名（代）词的单复数， 所以第一空用 is；the majority of the citizens 后的谓语动词用复数, 所以第二个空用 are。 4. 2011?江苏卷? T22） （ The fact that so many people still smoke in public places _______that we may need nationwide campaign to raise awareness of the risks of smoking. A. suggest B. suggests C. suggested D. suggesting 【解析】选 B。考查主谓一致和时态，句意为：仍然有很多人在公共场所吸烟,这样的事实表 明我们或许需要一场全国性的运动来提高人们对吸烟的危害的认识。结合句意分析句子结构 可知，the fact 后 that 引导的是同位语从句，空白后的 that 从句则是谓语动词 suggest 的宾语 从句；主语是 the fact，故排除 A、D 项；结合从句的时态可知主句要用现在时态，故选 B 项。 5.（2011?安徽卷?T27）The factory used 65 percent of the raw materials, the rest of which _____ saved for other purposes. A. is B. are C. was D. were 【解析】选 D。考查时态与主谓一致。句意为：该工厂使用了 65%的原材料，其余的用作其 它用途。非限制性定语从句中的主语 rest 意为―其余的‖，谓语动词应与 of 后的名词一致，而 which 指代先行词 materials，故谓语用复数；定语从句中的谓语应与主句中的谓语动词 used 一致，故用过去时态。从时态和主谓一致两方面考虑，选择 D 项。 6. （2010· 全国卷新课标卷· T22） The workers______the glasses and marked on each box‖ This Side UP‖ A carried B delivered C pressed D packed 【解析】 D 句意： 选 工人们把这些眼镜包装起来并在每个盒子上标注 “此面朝上” Carry “携 。 带，运送” ；deliver “传递，发送” ；press “挤压” ；pack“包装” 。 7. （2010·湖北 B 卷·T24） Mistakes don’t just happen; they occur for a reason. Find out the reason, and then making the mistake becomes . A. favourable B. precious C. essential D. worthwhile 【解析】选 D。句意：错误并不仅仅是发生，它们因为某个原因而产生。找出原因，让错误变 得值得。 favourable “赞成的， 有利的， 良好的” precious “珍贵的” essential “基本的” worthwhile ； ； ； “值得的” 。 8. （2009·福建卷·T22） -Why does the Lake smell terrible? A. have polluted -Because large quantities of water_____ B. is being polluted C. has been polluted D. have been polluted
第 9 页 共 9 页
【解析】选 D 考查动词时态，语态和主谓语一致。根据前一分句可知所填动词表示过去发生 的动作对现在产生的影响，时态用现在完成时，动词与主语是被动关系，用被动语态。主语 是 large quantities of water，其中心词是 quantities，是复数，谓语动词用复数，选 D。 9. （2009· 湖北卷· T21） Would you please ______ the paper for me and see if there are any obvious mistakes? A. look around B. look into C. look up D. look through 【解析】选 D 考查动词短语。该句意思是―请你为我检查一下文章看是否有明显错误‖。look through 可表示―检查，浏览‖之意。look around―环顾‖，look into―调查‖，look up―抬头看，查 阅‖。 10. （2009· 江苏卷· T21） The population of Jiangsu __ to more than twice what it was in 1949. The figure is now approaching 74 million. A. has grown B. have grown C. grew D. are growing 【解析】选 A 考察主谓一致和时态。population 是集合名词，或集体名词，即看成一个整体， 所以谓语动词用单数形式。句子说的是江苏现在的人口数量和以及增长，用完成时表示现在 的状态。 【考点提升训练】 二、单项选择 21. 河北省邯郸市高三第一次模拟考试】 【 ____heavy rain is arriving tomorrow and will last for ____ rest of the week. A. A; / B. A; the C. The; / D. The; the 22. 【2012 届江西省上饶市第一次高考模拟】 High-speed trains travel at 300 kilometers an 23． hour，which is about normal trains． A．four times the speed as B．the speed four times of C．four times as the speed of D．four tim es the speed of 21. Alice, what are you arguing ______ the teacher? You should think highly of the teacher’s opinion. A. about B. With C. with about D. about with 22. The old woman insisted that the book Mr. Thompson talked about ____. A. was worth reading B. was worth to be read C. being worth reading D. be worth reading 23.I ______ an old photo while tidying up my study, which reminded me of my happy childhood. A. came across B. came about C. turned around D. turned into 24. Tom, ______ yourself .Did you forget the school rules? A. behave B. believe C. perform D. conduct 25. Tom knew that someone had observed him _______ Ryan。 A. meeting B. to meet C. has meet D. is meeting 26.I was about to give up my effort when a good idea ______ me. A. attracted B. beat C. caught D. hit 27 Though having lived abroad for years, many Chinese still ______ the traditional customs. A. perform B. Possess C. observe D. support 28. The father, along with his four children ____ Hangzhou. When they will be back __ fixed. A. have gone to, isn’t B. had gone to, is not C. went to, aren’t D. has gone to, has not been 29. Alice, what are you arguing ______ the teacher? You should think highly of the teacher’s opinion. A. about B. With C. with about D. about with 30. Only if ____ the examinations ____ get the gift promised by your father. A. you have passed, you will B. have you passed, will you C. you have passed, will you D. have you passed, you will
第 10 页 共 10 页
31. Some of the wheat came from Canada. How about ________? A. the other B. the rest C. the others D. others 32. Though it was noisy here, he _______ reading. A. got on B. carried out C. went on with D. carried on 33. I ___ in a government office for five years. Still, I don’t regret giving up the admirable job. A. have worked B. worked C. was working D. had worked 34. Yesterday I ______ an old friend of mine at the shopping mall. A. came up B. came out C. came across D. came down 35. —I wonder why Suzan looks worried today. —I’m not sure, but she ________a small accident driving here. A. could have B. might have C. might have had D. must have had 三、完形填空 The simplest way to say it is this: I believe in my mother. My 36 began when I was just a kid. I 37 becoming a doctor. My mother was a domestic. Through her work, she observed that 38 people spent a lot more time reading than they 39 watching television. She announced that my brother and I 40 watch two to three pre-selected TV programs during the week. With our free time, we had to read two books each from the Detroit Public Library and 41 her written book reports. She would mark them up with check marks and highlights. Years later we realized her marks were a 42 . My mother was illiterate. When I entered high school I was a(n) 43 ,but not for long. I wanted the fancy clothes. I wanted to 44 the guys. I went from being an A-student to a B-student to a C-student. One night my mother came home from 45 her various jobs and I complained about not having enough Italian knit shirts. She said, ―Okay, I’ll give you all the money I make this week scrubbing floors and cleaning bathrooms, and you can buy 46 food and pay the bills. With everything 47 , you can have all the Italian knit shirts you want. ― I was very 48 with that arrangement but once I got through allocating money, there was 49 _ left. I realized my mother was a financial genius to be able to 50 our heads and any kind of food on the table, 51 buy clothes. I also realized that immediate satisfaction wasn’t going to get me anywhere. Success required intellectual preparation. I went back to my 52 and became an A-student again, and eventually I 53 my dream and I became a doctor. My story is really my mother’s story—a woman with 54 formal education or property who used her position as a parent to change the lives of many people around the globe. There is no job 55 than parenting. This is what I believe. 36. A. belief B. work C. education D. promise 37. A. majored in B. got used to C. dreamed of D. got tired of 38. A. lazy B. easy-going C. successful D. reliable 39. A. spent B. paid C. took D. did 40. A. could only B. could not C. must not D. should often 41. A. read to B. present to C. teach D. explain to 42. A. joke B. means C. tool D. trick 43. A. A-student B. B-student C. C-student D. D-student 44. A. get rid of B. hang out with C. break away from D. keep in touch with 45. A. making B. stopping C. working D. getting
第 11 页 共 11 页
46. A. your brother B. yourself C. your sister D. the family 47. A. left over B. paid off C. used up D. carried out 48. A. angry B. pleased C. disappointed D. bored 49. A. anything B. everything C. something D. nothing 50. A. put an idea into B. gave an impression on C. keep a roof over D. have eyes in the back of 51. A. let alone B. let out C. let in D. leave alone 52. A. guys B. mother C. studies D. play 53. A. made B. fulfilled C. changed D. tried 54. A. little B. much C. few D. high 55. A. more interesting B. less important C. more important D. less interesting 四、阅读理解 A A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After mom dried her hands on apron, she read it, and this is what it said: For cutting the grass: $5.00 For cleaning up my room this week: $1.00 For going to the store for you: $0.50 Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping: $0.25 Taking out the garbage: $1.00 For getting a good report card: $5.00 For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00 Total owed: $14.75 Well, his mother looked at him standing there, and the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he'd written on, and this is what she wrote: For the nine months I carried while you were growing inside me: No Charge For all the nights that I've sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you: No Charge For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've caused through the years: No Charge For the toys, food ,clothes, and even wiping your nose: No Charge Son, when you add it up, the cost of my love is: No Charge. When the boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were big tears in his eyes, and he looked straight at his mother and said, "Mom, I sure do love you." And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote:" PAID IN FULL". 56. The underlined sentence ―the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind.‖ means _______. A. the boy found something in his mother’s body burning B. the boy thought his mother was considering how much she should pay him C. the boy didn’t thought his mother would give him money D. the boy thought that his mother recalled something of the past 57. When the mother wrote ―No charge‖ on the paper, she really meant that_____. A. the boy needn’t pay the money
第 12 页 共 12 页
B. the boy should pay the money C. what she has done for the boy is uncountable D. she didn’t know how much she should pay the boy 58. Why did the boy cry? A. Because he couldn’t get money from his mother. B. Because he felt shameful to ask his mother for money. C. Because his mother beat him up. D. Because he also loved his mother. 59.What’s the main idea of the text? Mother’s love for her children is invaluable. The boy shouldn’t have asked his mother for money. The boy’s mother should have given him money. The writer mainly told us a story that a boy asked his mother for money.. B People with disabilities make up a large part of the population. It is estimated that over 35 million Americans have physical, mental, or other disabilities. About half of these disabilities are ―developmental", i.e., they occur before the individual's twenty-second birthday, often from genetic conditions, and are severe enough to affect three or more areas of development, such as mobility, communication, employment, etc. Most other disabilities are considered ―adventitious", i.e., accidental or caused by outside forces. Prior to the 20th century, only a small percentage of people with disabilities survived for long. Medical treatment for these disabilities was unavailable. Advancements in medicine and social services have created a climate in which people with disabilities can expect to have such basic needs as food, shelter, and medical treatment. Unfortunately, these basics are often not available. Civil liberties such as the right to vote, marry, get an education, and gain employment have historically been denied on the basis of disability. In recent decades, the disability rights movement has been organized to fight against these infringements（违反；侵犯）of civil rights. Congress responded by passing major legislation recognizing people with disabilities as a protected class under civil rights statutes. Still today, people with disabilities must fight to live their lives independently. It is estimated that more than half of qualified Americans with disabilities are unemployed, and a majority of those who do work are underemployed. About two-thirds live at or below the official poverty level. Significant barriers, especially in transportation and public awareness, prevent disabled people from taking part in society. For example, while no longer prohibited by law from marrying, a person with no access to transportation is effectively excluded from community and social activities which might lead to the development of long-term relationships. It will only when public attitudes advance as far as laws have that disabled people will be fully able to take their rightful place in society. 60. A ―developmental" disability ______. A. develops very slowly over time B. is caused by forces C. occurs in youth and affects development D. is getting more and more severe 61. Most disabled people used to die early because ______.
第 13 页 共 13 页
A. disabilities destroyed major bodily functions B. they were not very well looked after C. medical techniques were not available D. they were too poor to get proper treatment 62. In the author's opinion, to enable the disabled people to take their rightful place in society, ______. A. more laws should be passed B. public attitudes should be changed C. government should provide more aids D. more public facilities should be set up 63. Which of the following cannot be inferred（推断）from the passage ? A. Many disabled people may remain single for their whole life. B. The public tends to look down upon the disabled people. C. The disabled people feel inferior to those surrounding them. D. Discriminatory laws prevent the disabled from mixing with others. 64. The best title for this passage might be ______. A. Handicaps（不利条件；障碍； ）of People with Disabilities B. The physical difficulties of the Disabled C. The Causes for Disabilities D. Medical Treatments for Disabilities C Marie and Michael had been dating for some time, and felt fortunate that even though they had different jobs, they were able to talk with each other through their work almost every day. Michael is a police officer, and Marie is a ―911‖ dispatcher（调度员）, both working for the same police department. One day, Marie received a call from Michael who said he was out on the road in his patrol car. ―Marie, would you do me a favor?‖ ―Sure,‖ Marie answered, happy to have an excuse to talk to him. ―Could you check a license plate for me? I need to see if this guy has any unpaid warrants（罚单）.‖ Michael explained. ―Okay, spell it for me.‖ Michael phonetically spelled out the license plate, using code names, as all police officers do, so Marie would be sure to get the right letter: William Ida Lincoln Lincoln Young Ocean Union Mary Adam Robert Robert Young Mary Edward As she did hundreds of times a day, Marie wrote down the letters on a piece of paper, typed them into her computer, and started to run the license check. At first, she was puzzled. This license plate number was too long,even for a personalized plate. Her coworkers, who were in on Michael’s “plan”, finally had to say, “Marie, what do those letters spell?” This time, Marie read just the first letters of each word out loud:W-I-L-L Y-O-U M-A-R-R-Y M-E? With a cry of joy, Marie was all smiles as she got back on the phone to Michael, who was obviously not following any imaginary “driver” with the fictitious plates but was anxiously waiting in his patrol car for her response. “Michael, are you there?” Marie began. “Yes, Marie?” he responded, his voice cracking a bit with nervousness.
第 14 页 共 14 页
“My answer is: yes!” There was no “copping out” （回避） on this proposal! 65．Michael asked Marie to check a license plate for him because . A．he was too busy to check out the identity of the driver himself B．he wanted to ask her to marry him in this way C．Michael needed the information urgently D．Michael didn’t have access to a computer at that time 66．According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE? A．Marie didn’t find the meaning of the letters at first. B．Michael had difficulty in finding the owner of the license plate. C．Marie’s co – workers intended to play a joke on her. D．Michael was asking Marie for help. 67．We can learn from the passage . A．Marie found the owner of the plate with the help of her coworkers B．Michael was following a suspicious driver that day C．Marie was not good at license check D．Marie understood Michael’s intention at last 68．The underlined word ―proposal‖ in the last paragraph probably means . A．suggestion B．marriage offer C．plan D．purpose B Cars are necessary in our daily life. In modern society we even can’t go without cars. Therefore, car servicing becomes something that every car owner has to experience at least some time of the year. The best method to service your car is to go to your car service station and have the servicing done methodically (有条理地) according to your car maker. Consider this: Your car is up and running smoothly but the mileage (里程) figures indicate that you need to have it serviced. Certainly, this is the right thing to do but have you wondered what actually goes in to make you pay that servicing bill every 6 months? Servicing your car is a simple DIY (Do It Yourself) job that you can learn quickly and easily save some good money. If you have never serviced your car before personally, here're: Servicing basics Car servicing essentially means inspecting the ear thoroughly for any damaged components, and replacing some parts regularly that wear out over time. If you review carefully it is certainly possible to do all this by yourself, as below: You will need a complete set of tools as provided by your car maker when you purchased the vehicle. This will usually consist of all the spanners (扳手) that you might need. Completely servicing your car will need a few hours but you will end up saving a lot of money. Besides, it's fun too and a lot of learning. 69．What is the best way to service your car? A．To service your car by yourself. B．To turn to other ear owners for help. C．To send your car back to the car maker. D．To have your car serviced at the service station. 70．Why does the author suggest servicing your car by yourself?. A．It is money-saving and easy to learn. B．It is a simple way to save energy. C．It is convenient and challenging. D．It is done more efficiently.
第 15 页 共 15 页
71．What is included in the set of tools provided by the ear maker for self-servicing? A．Spare parts. B．Cleaning brushes. C．Measuring meters. D．All kinds of spanners. C Bar codes are one way that the U.S. Postal Service streamlines mail of the wrong hands. A letter that comes without a bar code or cancelled stamp might not have been processed by the U.S. Postal Service and it might indicate that something's fishy. （可疑的） Can you decode a bar code the way the U.S. Postal Service can? Here’s How 1．Here's how to read the bar code on your letter. ·Most U.S. letter bar codes have bars of two lengths: long and short. ·Every bar code should start and end with long bars; ignore those. ·Look at the rest of the bars in groups of five, starting with the second bar. Each group of five represents one digit.（数字） 2. Here's how to figure out what those digits are. ·The five bars stand for one of these numbers: 7, 4, 2, 1, 0. ·Some genius figured out that this range would allow you to come up with the digits 0 to 9. You do it by adding the numbers of the long bars together. Say you have this bar code: Here, the 4 and 2 places have long bars. Added together, they total 6, so this bar code stands for 6. Say you have this bar code: The 1 and 0 places have long bars. Added together, they total 1, so this bar code stands for 1. Say you have this bar code: The 7 and 4 pieces have long bars. Added together, they total 11, but there is no 11 in this system, so this bar code stands for 0. 3. Now let's look at the bar code on a letter.
Ignore the first and last bars of the whole bar code. Then look at the next 20 bars to find the zip code (0680). The next two sets of five bars give your mail carrier’s number (10153). The rest of the bars in the bar code indicate the house or maibox number. The house number is 32. 72．Why does US Postal Service just use five numbers for the five bars? A．They are easy to read. B．They are ohosen only by accident. C．They can stand for the long bars. D．They are enough to make ten digits. 73．Which of the following bar codes otands for ―7‖ according to the text?
第 16 页 共 16 页
74．According to the text, we know that . A．the bar code often beings with a short bar B．the last short her is often ignored C．the mail route should follow the zip code D．the bar code can show your house color 75．The purpose of the text is to let us know how to . A．create a bar code B．recognize a bar code C．send a letter D．make the maibox safe 五、书面表达 最近一项调查表明如今中国青年的人生目标比过去要显得多元化。这种选择的变化表明社会 在进步，人们的生活目标较以前更为实际。 参考上述信息及下表，以“Chinese Young People’s Life Goals Today‖为标题，写一篇词数不 少于 80 的短文。 比例 53.5% 44% 43.7% 23.9% 目标 挣钱给自己买一房一车 提高生活质量 成为富人 找一份好工作 71.9%的人说将努力拼搏 以实现人生的目标 手段
参考词汇：多元化的 diversified; 调查对象：respondent
第 17 页 共 17 页
参考答案 21【解析】选 B 考查冠词的用法。第一空泛指“一场大雨” ；第二空特指“一周的剩余时间” 。 22 【解析】选 D。考查比较句型的名词句型。此处倍数+the +名词+of+名词。句意：高铁每 小时 300 公里，它是普通的火车速度的 4 倍。 23【解析】选 A。句意：我整理我的书房时偶然发现了一张旧照片，这让我想起了我快乐的 童年时光。come across 偶然遇到； come about 发生；turn around 转变；转好；turn into 变成。 24-25 AA 26 【解析】 D。 选 句意： 我正要放弃努力时， 突然想到了一个好主意。 在此表示―突然想到‖。 hit 27 【解析】 C。 选 句意： 虽然在国外生活了多年， 但许多中国人还是遵守传统习俗。 observe―遵 守；观察‖；perform―表演；执行‖；possess―拥有‖；support―支持‖。 28D 29【解析】选 D。句意：Alice, 你在和老师辩论什么呢？你应该尊重老师的建议。argue with sb. about sth. ―与某人争论某事‖。what 在从句中作 about 的宾语。 30C 31~35 BDBCC 36—40 ACCDA 41---45 BDABC 46----50 DABDC 51---55 ACBAC 56. D 推理判断题. 由下文母亲所列生育和抚养儿子过程中的种种和题干中的 memories 一词 可知。 57. C 推理判断题。母亲对孩子的爱是不求回报的，也是无价的。 58. B 推理判断题。儿子感觉到自己对不起母亲，为自己的行为感到羞愧而哭的。 59. A 主旨大意题。本文的写作意图就是要阐明母爱无价。 60-64 CCBDA 65-68 BADB 69-71 DAD 72-75 DBCB 五、One possible version: Chinese Young People’s Life Goals Today A recent survey shows that in today’s society, Chinese young people’s life goals have become more diversified than before. When young people are asked what they will struggle for, more than half of the respondents choose to earn money to buy a house and a car for themselves. In addition to this practical goal, some people, about 44%, pick up their life goals as improving their life quality or to be a rich person while 23.9% of the respondents are simply satisfied to have a good job. As for how to achieve their life goals, most of them prefer struggling to realize their dreams. The survey shows that the society is making progress and people’s life goals have become more practical.
第 18 页 共 18 页