Unit3 Travel Journal
Period One Warming up and Pre-reading
●Teaching Aims and Demands
1. Get the students to learn the following useful new words and expressions in this passag
e：journal , transport , prefer , disadvantage , fare , persuade , graduate , schedule , determine, change one’s mind, ever since. 2. Get the students to learn about the usage of The Present Continuous Tense to express future actions.
Get the students to motivate and train their speaking ability.
1. Get the students to understand the traveling basics. 2. Get the students to learn how to plan and arrange their own tourism programs.
●Teaching Keys and Difficulties
1. Try to master the useful new words and expressions in this period. 2. To talk about travel.
1. Cooperative learning 2. Discussion 3. Task-based teaching and learning
1. Pictures 2.Crayons
●Teaching Procedures StepⅠ. Lead-in
1. Review the words of Unit 3 2. Explain some new words and expressions
3. Lead to the topic of Unit 3 with two sayings
1. Brainstorming some questions: 1).Do you like traveling? 2).Where have you been before? 3).How did you get there? （To find students to answer these questions） 2. To compare different means of transport and finish the chart 3. According to the following questions, Suppose you have a chance to spend a holiday with your friend. Now, you have a try to discuss with your partners and work out the travel plan. 1). Where are you going on holiday? 2). When are you leaving? 3). How are you going to…? 4). When are you arriving in/at…? 5). Where are you staying? 6). How long are you staying there? 7). When are you coming back?
1. Imaging and Sharing (To answer the question 1) 2. Talking and Sharing (To finish the chart)
1. To finish the third question according to the reading. 2. To prepare the reading before next class.
●Blackboard Design Ⅰ.Lead-in
Ⅱ.Warming up Ⅲ. Pre-reading Ⅳ. Homework