学 姓 考
校 名 号
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … 装 … … … … 订 … … … … 线 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …
A. Rich and Bitch
. B. It is to be cherished. C. So the question is…… D. Not mentioned in the passage. 22. How much was Mr. Liu cheated out of altogether? A. 1760 yuan. C. 70,000 yuan. B. 540,000 yuan. D. A million of yuan.
第二部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） （共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并 在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A In 2014 Chinese Internet users have summed up top 10 network buzzwords (网络流行语) of 2014. Here are listed some of them in no particular order. 1. It is to be cherished（珍惜）. On March 31, 2014, Ma Yili responded to Wen Zhang’s cheating on Sina Weibo. It reads as follows: Being in love is easy, being married is not. It is to be cherished. Soon many Internet users began to make sentences with this pattern. For example, ―Copying is easy, creating is not. It is to be cherished.‖
23. Which of the following is NOT TRUE according to the passage? A. Network buzzwords may come from real events. B. ―Rich and Bitch‖ is often used to describe the rich. C. ―So the question is…… ‖ comes from a TV series. D. ―It is to be cherished‖ was first said by Ma Yili. 24. Where can we use ―It is to be cherished‖? A. Love me, love my dog. B. Eating is easy, losing weight is not. C. Where there is a will, there is a way. D. The older, the wiser. B It is commonly believed that people yawn just when they are sleepy or tired as a result of their brain needing oxygen. However, a latest research shows that a yawn can help cool the brain and helps it work more effectively. Researchers said that raising or lowering oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in the blood did not produce that reaction. Yawning involves opening the mouth while taking a long, deep breath of air. Researchers at the University of Albany in New York said those who held a cool pack to their forehead were less likely to yawn than those who held a warm or room-temperature pack while they were watching people yawning. They also found that those who breathed through the nose rather than the mouth were less likely to yawn. This was because the blood vessels（脉管）in the nasal cavity (腔) sent cool blood to the brain. Since yawning occurs when brain temperature rises, sending cool blood to the brain serves to maintain the best levels of mental efficiency. This could help us to understand better the way our brains work. It may also help us understand the reason why frequent yawning can sometimes be a sign of brain disease. 25. According to the new study, people yawn when A. they are sleepy or tired C. their brain temperature rises . B. they need more oxygen D. oxygen levels in the blood is lowered
2. So the question is…… ―So the question is…‖ is taken from the advertising of Lanxiang Vocational School in Shandong Province: ―So the question is: Which school offers the best excavator skills? Go to Shandong and find Lanxiang.‖ Netizens added the phrase ―now here comes the question‖ before the question ―which school has the best excavator skills?‖, which can also be followed with other questions‖. 3. Rich and Bitch（任性） The buzzword originates from a real event: A while back, a Mr. Liu spent 1760 yuan online buying a health care product. In the following four months, Mr. Liu remitted (汇款) more than half a million yuan to the swindler. When reporters interviewed him, he said that he had already found himself cheated after spending only 70,000 yuan. ―I just wanted to see how much they could take from me!‖ Sometimes it is translated as, ―You can just be stubborn if you’re rich.‖. Another way to understand it is ―I can do what I w ant – I’m rich.‖ 4. Meng Meng Da (cute /adorable) Meng Meng Da developed from the sounds of kissing both cheeks. The characters ―么么 哒‖ are often used in text messaging to symbolize kisses, much like ―XOXO‖ in English. The kissing sounds were eventually replaced with ―meng‖, which means ―cute‖ or ―adorable.‖ 21. Which is the most popular network buzzword of 2014 according to the passage?
26. Which of the following statements about the new study is NOT true? A. Yawning can promote sleep. B. Yawning can sometimes be a sign of brain disease. C. Yawning can make our brain work more efficiently. D. Yawning can maintain the best levels of mental efficiency. 27. What could be the best title for the text? A. Yawning Is A Sign of Brain Disease C. Yawning Benefits Your Body A. Science and technology C. Entertainment B. Yawning Carries Some Information D. Yawning Cools Your Brain B. Health D. Culture C Usually when dogs and cats live in the same home they will fight instead of being friendly. People who are thinking about adopting a dog as a friend will not have a cat as their pet at the same time. But recently a new research has f ound a new recipe of success. According to the study, if the cat is adopted before the dog, and if they are introduced when still young (less than 6 months for cats, a year for dogs), it is highly probable that the two pets will get along swimmingly. Two-thirds of the homes interviewed reported a positive relationship between their cat and dog. However, it wasn’t all sweetness and light. There was a reported coldness between the cat and dog in 25% of the homes, while aggression and fighting were observed in 10% of the homes. One reason for this is probably that some of their body signals were just opposite. For example, when a cat turns its head away it signals aggression, while a dog doing the same signals submission. In homes with cats and dogs living peacefully, researchers observed a surprising behavior. They are learning how to talk each other’s language. It is a surprise that cats can learn how to talk ―dog‖, and dogs can learn how to talk ―cat‖. What’s interesting is that both cats and dogs have appeared to develop their intelligence. They can learn how to read each other’s body signals, suggesting that the two may have more in common than we previously suspected. Once familiar with each other’s presence and body language, cats and dogs can play together, greet each other nose to nose, and enjoy sleeping together on the sofa. They can easily share the same water bowl and in some cases groom (梳 理) each other. The significance of the research on cats and dogs may go beyond pets—to people who
don’t get along, including neighbors, colleagues at work, and even world superpowers. If cats and dogs can learn to get along, surely people have a good chance. 29. The underlined word swimmingly in Paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to A. early B. sweetly C. quickly . D. smoothly 30. Some cats and dogs may fight when A. they share their belongings together B. they look away from each other C. they misunderstand each other’s signals D. they are raised in the same home at an early age 31. What is found surprising about cats and dogs? A. They eat and sleep together. B. They can speak the same language. C. They learn to speak each other’s language. D. They know something from each other’s voices. 32. What can we human beings learn from cats and dogs? A. We should learn to live in harmony. B. We should know more about animals. C. We should live in peace with animals. D. We should learn more body languages. D Uncle Sam, a figure symbolizing the United States, is pictured as a tall, white-haired man with a beard. He is often dressed in red, white, and blue, and wears a top hat. The exact origins of Uncle Sam as a symbol for the United States are unknown, but most people accepted the idea that Uncle Sam was named after Samuel Wilson. During the War of 1812, Samuel Wilson was a businessman from Troy, NY that supplied the U.S. Army with beef in barrels （桶）. The barrels were labeled ―U.S.‖ which stood for Uncle Sam Wilson. The suggestion that the meat shipments came from ―Uncle Sam‖ led to the idea that Uncle Sam symbolized the Federal Government and association stuck. In 1961, Congress passed a resolution that recognized Samuel Wilson as the inspiration for the symbol Uncle Sam. But Sam Wilson looked nothing like the Uncle Sam pictured above. Uncle Sam’s traditional appearance, with a white beard and star-spangled suit, is an invention of artists and political cartoonists. One of these political cartoonists was named Thomas Nast. Nast produced many of the earliest cartoons of Uncle Sam. The most famous picture of Uncle Sam appeared .
28. In which section of a newspaper can you read this passage?
on an Army recruiting（征兵）poster. The poster was designed in World War I, and was used again in World War II, on which reads ―I Want You for U.S. Army.‖ James Montgomery Flagg drew this picture, and served as the model too! Today, Uncle Sam is a symbol of the United States that is recognized around the world. 33. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A. Uncle Sam was a character created by the government of the United States. B. Samuel Wilson, a businessman, sold meat to American troops during the War of 1812. C. Uncle Sam was based on an entertainer to show Americans were popular people. D. The image of Uncle Sam has been used to urge Americans to join the army since 1838. 34. It can be inferred from the passage that A. Uncle Sam joined the American army in 1812 B. Uncle Sam’s top hat and suit reflect the American flag C. the Uncle Sam symbol is the best of all American symbols D. opinions differ about how Uncle Sam became a national symbol 35. Which of the following can best sum up the passage? A. The name Uncle Sam first appeared during the War of 1821. B. There are many symbols of the United States，including Uncle Sam. C. Over time，the image of Uncle Sam came to represent the United States. D. Uncle Sam is a national symbol that is recognized around the United States. 第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为 多余选项。 More and more people have realized that having regular family meals is very important. Kids who live in families that eat dinner together regularly are less likely to be involved in risky behavior. According to statistics, children who don’t eat dinner with their families are 61% more likely to use alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs. 37 36 As families struggle to find amounts of quality time together, .
adults. 38 Everyone—kids and parents alike —can keep up-to-date during the 39 Kids who are family dinnertime on what is going on with school, jobs, family life and friends. Eating dinner regularly fosters （促进） learning. exposed to regular family discussions learn a broader vocabulary. Children can grow stronger and healthier when eating dinner with their families because parents can provide better nutrition for them. fat content, than if they prepare or purchase meals on their own. A. When families who eat dinner together engage in a variety of conversation topics, learning is encouraged. B. Children learn words mainly from their parents. C. Families who eat dinner together regularly are more likely to have stronger, happier family relationships. D. A simple, but true rule applies: when kids eat with their families, they eat better. develop a strong sense of responsibility. F. By contrast, children who eat dinner with their families every night of the week are kept out of trouble. G. Families who eat dinner together regularly can keep in to uch with each other’s life. 第三部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分）
[来 源 : 学 , 科 , 网 ]
time means kids are more likely to eat a nutritionally balanced meal, lower in sugar and
E. Children can grow stronger and healthier; when eating dinner with their families they
阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入 空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! Southeast China’s Taiwan — On the morning of February 4, 2015, a plane of Taiwan TransAsia Airways GE235 from Taipei Songshan airport, with 58 people in the Keelung river shortly and control personnel, the 42 43 41 , crashed
take-off. Before it crashed, according to the recording of GE235 shouted MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY— 44 .
family dinnertime provides the opportunity for both. When families hang out together and communicate, they grow strong and healthy. Eating together serves to build a family identity. In addition, this family ―routine‖ provides a sense of stability （稳定） and security that provides kids with a positive environment where they can grow into healthy
the air traffic controllers on the radio called GE235 many times, but there was no ―Mayday‖ is an emergency code word communications. You 46 45
around the world in voice 47
see a war movie in which an airplane has been
by rocket fire. The pilot
his radio and calls ―mayday, mayday, mayday‖ to tell 49 to the ground. 51 , it comes from the French
52. A. sign 53. A. who 54. A. find out 55. A. communication 56. A. as for 57. A. wrote
B. symbol B. that B. look over B. failure B. because B. reflected
C. mark C. whom C. take in C. emergency C. due to C. proposed
D. signal D. which D. think of D. comfort D. because of D. sponsored D. life-saving D. prevent D. different
people that his plane is in danger of Mayday has 50
to do with the month of May.
expressions ―venez m’aider,‖ or ―m’aidez‖. The mayday call Mockford, 54 53 52 was created by Frederick Stanley Mockford in 1923.
was a senior radio officer at Croydon Airport in London, was asked to
a word that would indicate distress (遇难) and would easily be understood by all the 55 . It was 56 much of the traffic at the time 57 the word ―Mayday‖
58. A. life –threatened B. life –threatening C. life-saved 59. A. keep 60. A. similar B. protect B. familiar C. warn C. same
pilots and ground staff in time of
was between Croydon and Le Bourget Airport in Paris that he
from the French ―m’aider‖ (venez m’aider ) meaning ―come help me ‖. Today, many groups use the word to mean a given three times to condition. 59 mistaking it for some 58 60 emergency. The call is always sounding words under noisy
注意：将答案写在答题卡上。写在本试卷上无效。 第三部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第二节： （共 10 小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 A recent study suggested that taking a bottle of water into the exam hall could help students improve their grades. According to the study those who brought drinks, 61 (especial) water, with them
when sitting their exams performed up to 10 per cent better than those who did not. 41. A. abroad 42. A. before 43. A. drivers 44. A. record 45. A. uses 46. A. might 47. A. pulled 48. A. gets over 49. A. landing 50. A. something B. broad B. when B. pilots B. sense B. to use B. must B. beaten B. gets on B. flying B. anything C. board C. afte r C. clerks C. sound C. used C. should C. heated C. gets off C. crashing C. everything C. In fact D. aboard D. since D. passengers D. response D. using D. would D. hit D. gets in D. running D. nothing D. Above all Comparing their exam results with their normal schoolwork grades, scientists then found that all those who between 2 and 10 percent. It is unclear 64 drinking water improves exam results. But scientists say having 65 67 （help） effect on our brains. has a bad effect on exam 62 (bring) drinks with them got better grades 63
enough water in our bodies and not feeling thirsty could have a Drinking water may also cut performances. 66 on anxi ety,
Whatever the explanation, it is obvious that students should try hard to keep enough water in their bodies during exams. So next time, 68 you are going to have a big exam, try 70 help you pass the exam! 69 (bring) a bottle
51. A. In the meantime B. As a result
of water with you. Who knows — it
第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 内容要点如下： 1．描述图画内容； 2．对图中现象加以分析； 3．针对这个现象提出建议。 注意： 1. 词数 100 词左右； 2. 可适当发挥，以使行文连贯。
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文 中共有 10 处语言错误， 每句中最多有两处。 错误涉及一个单词的增加、 删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（╲）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2.只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 What is said that some students often cheat in the examinations at school. This phenomenon means one person copy or stealing another’s work. As a student, it is uncommon to take examinations at school, but sometimes some students are lazy and don’t work hard at lessons, so they feel the questions so difficult to work out. So when taking examinations, they sometimes cheat in order to get a better results to please our parents and teachers. In my opinion, it
is wrong to cheat in examinations because it broke the school rules. We students should be honesty and try to get good results by studying hard instead cheating in examinations. What’s more, we should improve our study methods and get prepare for examinations. 第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分）
如今随着智能手机和电子设备的普及， ―低头族‖ 现象兴起。 人们沉溺于手机等电子 设备，因而忽略了自己和他人的沟通交流，甚至在家庭聚会上也只顾玩手机不和长辈聊 天, 老人感到失落万分。请根据下图写一篇英语短文。
too cheat in order to get a better results to please our parents and teachers. In my opinion, it is their wrong to cheat in examinations because it broke the school rules. We students should be honesty breaks What’s more, we of should improve our study methods and get prepare for examinations. prepared 书面表达 As can be seen from the picture，a big family get together to have a big dinner. But when honest and try to get good results by studying hard instead ∧cheating in examinations.
2015 葫芦岛市普通高中第一次模拟考试 英语答案
阅读理解 21—24 DBCB 完形填空 41—45 DCBDC 61.especially which 68. when/whenever 短文改错 What is said that some students often cheat in the examinations at school. This phenomenon It means one person copy or stealing another ’s work. As a student, it is uncommon to take copying hard at lessons, so they feel the questions so difficult to work out. So when taking examinations, they sometimes common examinations at school, but sometimes some students are lazy and don’t work 69.bringing 70. may/might 46—50 ADBCD 62.had brought 51—55 CDADC 63.by 64.why 56—60 BCBDA 65.helpful 66.down 67. 25—28 CADB 29—32 DCCA 33—35 BDC 36—40 FCGAD
they sit down to table, the young just bury themselves in playin g with their cellphones, totally ignoring their parents, who feel very lonely and sad. There is no doubt that cellphones have a negative effect on our lives. Heavy use of cellphones actually widens the distance between teenagers and their elders, leaving the elders more lonely. Worse still, addition to cellphones might also leads to teenagers’ poor performance at school, which adds to elders’ worries. As far as I’m concerned, it’s necessary to limit the time we spend using cellphones. And I think it important to communicate with our family members face to face, which helps build a harmonious family atmosphere.