Unit 3 I’m more outgoing than my sister.
Section A 1 (1a-2d) 一、教学目标： 1. 语言知识目标： 1) 能掌握以下单词：outgoing, better, loudly, quietly, hard-working, competition, fantastic, which, clearly, win 能掌
握以下句型： ① Tina is taller than Tara. ② Sam has longer hair than Tom. ③ She also sings more loudly than Tara. 2) 能掌握以下语法： ① 形容词或副词比较级形式的构成。 ② 表示两者进行比较的句式结构。 2. 情感态度价值观目标： 能对人物的外表进行描绘，个性进行比较。 二、教学重难点 1. 教学重点： 1) 形容词或副词比较级形式的构成。 2) 表示两者进行比较的句式结构。 2. 教学难点： He has shorter hair than Sam. Is Tom smarter than Tim? She also sings more loudly than Tara. 三、教学过程 Ⅰ. Lead-in 1. Ask Ss to write down as many adj. about people as possible. Check the adj. Ss write and we can group them into some pairs, like: [Section A 1a] tall --- short; thin --- heavy, long hair --- short hair, calm --- wild ? Give Ss an example by comparing Old Henry and Santa Claus. e.g. Santa Claus is older than Henry. Henry is taller than Santa Claus.
Henry is younger than Santa Claus. Santa Claus is younger than Henry. Ⅱ. Presentation Ask Ss to see the pix about apples and pears to see the differences. Then compare some of their things with each other. e.g. The apples are bigger than the pears. The pears are more delicious than the apples. Summarize the Comparatives. Group competition. A + be(V) + 比较级 + than + B. Ⅲ. Game (I and my desk mate) Ask Ss to compare with their partners and find out the differences. e.g. She is heavier than me. I am more outgoing than her. She gets up earlier than me. I run faster than her. Ⅳ. Listening Then listen to the recording. Ask Ss to number the twins. Check the answers. Ⅴ. Pair work Point out the sample conversation in activity 1c. Say, now work with a partner. Make your own conversation about the twins. Ask several pairs to say one or more of their conversations. Ⅵ. Listening 1. Work on 2a: Point out the two columns and read the headings: -er, -ier and more. Then point out the words in the box. Read them. Say, now listen and write the –er and –ier words in the first column and the words that use more in the second column. Play the recording and check the answers. 2. Work on 2b. Point out the picture and the two boxes with the headings Tina is and Tara is. Say, listen to the recording. Write word in the boxes. The words are from the list in activity 2a. Play the recording and check the answers.
Ⅶ. Pair work 1. Point out the chart in activity 2c. Say, Make your own conversations according to the information. Ask pairs to continue on their own. 2. Ss practice their conversations. 3. Ask some pairs to act out their conversations. Ⅷ. Role-play 1. Read the conversation first and try to match the people with the right things. a. sang better Nelly Lisa b. with shorter hair c. practice more and really wanted to win d. sang more clearly e. danced better 2. Let Ss read the conversations after the teacher. 3. Let Ss practice the conversation. 4. Then let some pairs act out their conversations in front of the class. Homework: Write six sentences: Write about the things that are the same and different between you and your best friend. 板书设计：
Section A (1a-2d) outgoing, better, loudly, quietly, hard-working, competition, fantastic, which, clearly, win 句型： ① Tina is taller than Tara.
② Sam has longer hair than Tom. ③ She also sings more loudly than Tara.
Section A 2 (Grammar focus-3c)
一、教学目标： 1. 语言知识目标： 1) 复习巩固形容词的比较形式及对两者进行对比。 2) 进一步总结所学的对两者进行比较的句式结构。 3) 能运用所学的目标语言，进行说与写的活动，完成相关任务。 2. 情感态度价值观目标： 学会与朋友友好相处，培养乐观，积极向上的性格。 二、教学重难点 1. 教学重点： 1) 总结形容词及副词比较级的构成方式。 2) 进一步总结对两者进行比较的句式结构。 2. 教学难点： 1) 总结形容词及副词比较级的构成方式。 2) 能运用所学的目标语言，进行说与写的活动，完成相关任务。 三、教学过程 Ⅰ. Warming- up and revision 1. Ask some Ss compare he/she with his/her desk mates. I’m taller than my desk mate. But she runs faster than me. ? 2. Show some pictures on the big screen. Let some Ss compare the things. 3. Show some adjectives or adverbs. Let Ss add -er, -r or -ier to them. Ⅱ. Grammar Focus 1. 学生阅读 Grammar Focus 中的句子，然后做填空练习。 (1) 汤姆比萨姆更聪明吗？ Is Tom _______ _____ Sam? (2) 不是。萨姆比汤姆更聪明。 No, he isn’t. Sam is ______ _____ Tom. (3) 塔拉比蒂娜更外向吗？ Is Tara ____ ________ ______ Tina？ (4) 不是。蒂娜比塔拉更外向。 No, she isn’t. Tina is ______ ________ ___ Tara.
(5) 你和你姐姐一样友善吗？ _____ you _____ friendly _____ your sister? (6) 不是。我更友善一些。 No, I’m not. I’m ___________. (7) 塔拉与蒂娜工作一样努力吗? Does Tara work _____ ______ _____ Tina? (8) 谁在学校里更努力一些？ Who’s ______ _____________ at school? (9) 蒂娜认为她学习比我更努力。 Tina thinks she ______ _______ than me. 3. 学生们完成填空试题后，可以打开课本检查答案，对错误的句子，单独进行强化记忆。 Ⅲ. Try to Find 总结： 两者进行比较, 表示“一方比另一方更??”的句型： 1. A + be + 形容词比较级 + than + B 2. A + 实义动词 + 副词比较级 + than + B 两者进行比较, 表示“一方与另一方一样??”的句型： 1. A + be + as 形容词原形 + as + B 2. A + 实义动词 + as 副词原形 + as + B Ⅳ. Practice Work on 3a: 1. 读下列句子，根据提示词完成一般疑问句，并做回答。 2. 看所给的第一例句，让一名学生读例句，确定所有的学生都明白本题的做法。 方法指导：应通读所给的提示词，掌握句子大意；然后，确定进行对比的双方及所给的形 容词，根据上一环节中所总结的句式结构来组成正确的一般疑问句。最后，再根据回答，来 确定答语中空格中单词的意思，并用正确的比较级形式。 3. 学生们按老师指导的方法进行阅读，并逐句推敲每空应填什么词，在实际的运用提高自己 的阅读能力、分析能力及综合运用能力。 4. 最后，教师与同学们一起校对答案，并对学生们有疑问的地方进行解释。 Work on 3b: 1. Ask Ss to think of himself/herself two years ago. Write about how they are different
now. 2. Give an example: T: S1, Are you taller now? S1: Yes, I am. I’m taller than I was two years ago. T: Pay attention to the tense. “I was two years ago.” 3. Ss work by themselves. Read the sentences in 3b and write the other four sentences. 4. Check the answers with the class. Ⅴ. Group work 1. Tell Ss to read the chart first in 3c. Make sure they know the meaning of the words in the chart. 2. Ask one student the question: T: Who is smarter, your mother or your father？ S1: I think my mother is smarter than my father. 3. Ss read the chart and check √ in the chart. 4. Work in groups. Ask and answer the questions with their partners. 5. Try to make a report. (最后，可以经学生们评议来推举最有能力的小组） Ⅵ. Exercises If time is enough, do some more exercises on big screen. 用所给单元的正确形式填空。 1. My hair is _____ (long) than my sister’s. 2. I am ______(tall) than you. 3. She is _____ ______(outgoing) than me. 4. Lily is _____ (heavy) than Lucy. And Lucy is _____ (thin) than Lily. 5. I have _____ (short) hair than Tina. 6. Tom is ______ ___________ (hard-working) than Tim. Homework 1. Review the grammar focus after class. 2. Write down the same and different between you and a friend. 板书设计
Section A Grammar Focus-3c 2. Does Jack run faster than Sam? No, he doesn’t. He runs slower than Sam. 3. Is your cousin more outgoing than you? No, she isn’t. She’s less outgoing than me. 4. Is Paul funnier than Carol? No, he isn’t. He’s quieter than Carol. Who’s smarter, your father or your mother? I think my mother is smarter than my father.
Section B 1 1a-2e 一、教学目标： 1. 语言知识目标： 1) 能掌握以下单词：talented, truly, care, care about, serious, mirror, kid, as long as, necessary, be different from, both, though, bring out, grade, should, the same as, saying, reach, hand, touch, heart, fact, in fact 2) 能掌握以下句型： ① I think a good friend makes me laugh. ② For me, a good friend likes to do the same things as me. ③ And a good friend is talented in music. ④ You don’t need a lot of them as they are good. ⑤ Larry is quite different from me. 3) 阅读短文获得正确的信息的能力。 4）阅读短文并能完成相关任务。 2. 情感态度价值观目标： 了解人与人之间的差异性，了解自己对朋友的看法，明确自己需要什么样的朋友。 二、教学重难点 1. 教学重点： 1) 掌握本课时出现的生词及表达方式。 2) 进行听力训练，提高综合听说能力。 3) 阅读短文，获得相关信息，提高学生们的综合阅读能力。
2. 教学难点 1. 听力训练 2. 阅读 2b 部分的短文并完成相关要求。 三、教学过程 Ⅰ. Warming- up and revision 1. Daily greeting. 2. Check the homework. Let some Ss report what his/her father and mother are like. Ⅱ. Presentation 1. Show a maxim to Ss: A friend indeed is a friend in need. Ask, what kind of things are important in a friend? Ⅲ. Reading and writing Work on 1a: 1. Read each description to the class and ask the Ss to repeat. What kind of things is important in a friend? Rank the things below 1-6 (1 is most important) Ask different Ss to copy the six phrases on the Bb. Then read the phrases together. 2. Read each description loudly. In your opinion, which one is the most important? Please rank the things (1-6). You put a 1 after the thing that is most important to you, and put a 2 after the second most important thing and so forth. Now let’s check which things are most important to you. Work on 1b: 1. Well, every one of you has his own idea. Now please talk about what you think a good friend should be like in groups of four. First read the example dialogue, and then make your dialogue about friends using the phrases in activity 1a. 2. Ss try to write their own sentences. Ⅳ. Listening 1. Next you will hear an interviewer talking to Molly and Mary. What are they talking about? When I play the recording for the first time, you just listen carefully and give me the answer. Have you got it? Yes, they are talking about their best friends. Now look at the chart, and write the things that Molly and Mary like about their best friends. You can write only words and phrases. Let’s check your answers.
3. T: Now let's work on 1c. Let’s listen to the tape again and fill in the rest of the chart in 1c. 4. Ss listen to the tape and fill in the chart. 5. Check the answers: 听力指导：要抓他们之间的相似之处与不同之处，这两个重点内容。因此在听的时候，应重 点将人物及动作这两个方面的听清，其他作为非重点内容。 Ⅴ. Group work Work on 1e: 1. Work in groups. Say, now work with your partner. Make a conversation using information in the chart. Ask several pairs to say their conversations to the class. 2. Teacher can walk around the classroom, and give some help to the Ss. Work on 2a: 1. Say: Write the comparative forms of the following adjectives. Then use them to write five sentences about you and your friends. 2. Ss work in a group. Check each other’s answers. 3. Let some Ss read their sentences. Ⅵ. Reading Quickly reading 1. T: Let's meet three new friends, Jeff Green, Huang Lei and Mary Smith. What are they like? What do they think of their friends? Now read the passages Underline the differences between the friends and circle the similarities. 2. Let some Ss read the passage quickly and underline the differences and circle the similarities. Then let another Ss read aloud these sentences. 3. Check the answers with the Ss. Careful reading 1. Let Ss read the sentences in 2c. Make sure they know the meaning of these sentences. 2. Let Ss read the passages again and judge these sentences are True or False. 3. Ss read and find the answers to the questions. 4. Check the answers. ?
Ⅶ. Writing 1. T: Now let’s think of you and your friends. How do you and your friends compare with the people in the article? Write five sentences. 2. 方法指导：首先，应思考一下自己及自己朋友的特点；然后，认真与短文所提及的人物进 行对比。写出明确的比较句。注意运用正确的比较句： 句型指导： A + be different from B because + 两者比较句 A + be similar to B because + 两者比较句 3. Ss try to write their sentences. 4. Let some Ss read aloud their sentences to the class. Ⅷ. Talking 1. T: Read these saying about friends. Can you translate them into Chinese. 2. Let some Ss translate the sentences into Chinese. 3. Tell Ss: Which saying is their favorite? Which friend do you think about when you read this saying? Why? Tell your partner about it. 4. Give the Ss an example. Ss think about it and try to tell something to their partner. 5. Let some Ss talk about it. Homework 1、Read the passages after class. 2、Make sentences with the phrase below: as long as ; be different from; bring out make sb. Do ?
be similar to; in fact;
It’s (not) necessary to do ? 板书设计：
Section B 1a-2e Sentence structure: ① I think a good friend makes me laugh. ② For me, a good friend likes to do the same things as me. ③ And a good friend is talented Sectionin B music. 2 3a-Self check ④ You don’t need a lot of them as they are good. 一、教学目标： ⑤ Larry is quite different from me. Main phrase: as long as ; be different from; bring out
1. 语言知识目标： 1) 掌握下列词汇：primary, primary school, information 2) 复习如何对两者进行比较。能够综合运用所学的知识来对两个事物或人物进行对比。 3) 总结回顾形容词或副词的比较级形式，并通过不同形式的训练来熟练掌握所学的知识。 2. 情感态度价值观目标： 1) 能了解人与人之间的差异性，能做到相互理解相互学习。 2) 能正确看待自己和他人的优缺点，学人之长，补己之短。 二、教学重难点 1. 教学重点： 1) 能运用所学的知识对事物或人物进行对比。 2) 能正确运用形容词或副词的比较级形式。 2. 教学难点： 能根据提示信息，对两个人物或事物进行对比。 复习运用形容词或副词的比较级形式。 三、教学过程 Ⅰ. Warming- up and revision 1. Have a dictation of the new words and expressions. 2. Let some Ss read their passages to the class. 3. Ask some Ss to compare themselves and their friends. Ⅱ. Presentation
1. Show some pictures of the students of your class. Describe the Ss. She is tall/short. She is popular/serious/hardworking. → be + 形容词 She has long straight hair/ short straight hair. → have/has ?hair She likes reading/sports?→likes? 2. Let some Ss describe the student in the big screen. Ⅲ. Writing 1. T: Wang Lingling and Liu Lili are best friends. Look at the chart below and compare them. 2. 写作指导： 阅读表格中的描述；分析描述词的特点；是用形容词还是用动词进行描述；根据在导入总结 的句式结构来对学生们进行描述。相似的地方，可以用 both 来共同表达出来；不同的地方，
可以用比较的句式表达出来。 3. Ss try to write these sentences. 4. Check the answers. Ⅳ. Writing Work on 3b: 1. Think of your friends. Make notes about two of your friends. One friend should be similar to you. The other friend should be different. 2. Give some examples: popular, outgoing, serious, hard-working, tall, thin ? likes reading/sports, art, music? has long/short straight hair ? 3. Check the answers with each other. Work on 3c: Write two paragraphs describing your friends. 写作指导： 首先，找出和你的朋友相似的方面。对这些方面进行描述；可以用 be both? 或 likes? 句式结构来描述。 其次，对不同之处进行描述。根据在 3b 中所做的记录，用形容词或副词的比较级形式， 用正确的句式进行两人之间的对比。如： A is more outgoing than B. B works harder than A. ? 4. Show some Ss’ compositions on the big screen. Correct the mistakes in the composition. Ⅴ. Practice 1. Ask the questions about the ad. ① What do the English Study Center need? ② Should the student be outgoing? 2. Let Ss read the ad and answer the questions. 3. Let Ss think about what the student like? Give Ss some examples: He/She should be outgoing. He/She should be good with children. He/She should be good at English ? 4. Tell Ss to compare two of their classmates. They can use the real names. 5. Ss talk with their partners and compare two of their classmates.
Ⅵ. Self Check Work on Self Check 1 1. Look at the chart. Let one student read the words in the box first. 2. Tell Ss to put the words in the correct columns in the chart. Make they know they should put some adjectives in the first column. In the second column, they should put some “verbs + 副词”。 3. Ss work by themselves and then check the answers with the Ss. Work on Self check 2 1. Tell Ss to fill in the blanks using the correct forms of the words in the brackets. 2. 提示： 注意看句子的意思及有无表示比较的介词 than 来确定是否是用比较级的形式。 3. Ss work by themselves and fill in the blanks. 4. Check the answers with the Ss. Work on Self check 2 1. Have a writing test. Ss think of their best friend. Write down two ways in which they are similar, and two ways in which they are different. Make sure to use comparatives. 2. Ss write the sentences quickly and see who writes best. 3. Encourage some Ss to work harder. Homework 1. Review Section B. 2. Write about six sentences about their parents. Compare them. 板书设计：
Section B 3a-Self Check 3a: One possible version: Wang has long straight hair, Liu has short straight hair. Wang Lingling likes reading, but Liu Lili likes sports. They are both popular in class. They’re both outgoing. Wang Lingling is serious. Liu Lili is funnier than Wang Lingling. Wang is more hard-working than Liu, but Liu is smart. 3c: One possible version: My friend A is quite similar to me. We are both tall and thin. We are both quiet and serious. We like reading together. We are hard-working in class, so we often get good grades. My friend B is different from me. She’s funnier and
more outgoing than me. She always speaks loudly. She is good at soccer. She’s